Bug Scares

Arzaki

So, I was sitting on my couch, I get up, and see some weird insect like right next to my bare foot that I almost stepped on, and I practically scream like a little girl. Not an hour later, I'm in the kitchen and I see a giant ant right next to my bare foot, and I once again almost scream like a little girl.

Just posted this to try to give some people a laugh, and also to see if anyone else has had any bug scares. Because I know I'm not the only easily startled person here.... right....?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

When I was younger, I lived in a different house. The bathroom had a skylight. once, doing my thing at the sink, a spider fell from it. Only a small spider, but I shouted out loud and shook it off my hand. Also, later in my time in that house, I once came across a hairy spider in the driveway, far bigger than is normal to see in Newfoundland. ten pounds of nope in a five pound bag.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

While vacationing in Hungary a few years ago, my family and I stayed in a hotel in Nagykanizsa, a city in southern Hungary. Even before booking our arrangements at the hotel, we were aware that it was considerably sub par in a few respects, but we were severely limited by the number of hotels in the area, as it was the only one for several miles around. That night, as I tried to fall asleep in my bed, a cockroach crawled over my pillow, passing by my eye.

We were able to get a different room soon after, and we left the hotel permanently the next morning.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

While vacationing in Hungary a few years ago, my family and I stayed in a hotel in Nagykanizsa, a city in southern Hungary. Even before booking our arrangements at the hotel, we were aware that it was considerably sub par in a few respects, but we were severely limited by the number of hotels in the area, as it was the only one for several miles around. That night, as I tried to fall asleep in my bed, a cockroach crawled over my pillow, passing by my eye.

We were able to get a different room soon after, and we left the hotel permanently the next morning.

That reminds me of a time I was peacefully on BZP and some sort of roach flew by right in my face. I KNOW I screamed like a little girl. Probably also knocked over my chair.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

That reminds me of a time I was peacefully on BZP and some sort of roach flew by right in my face. I KNOW I screamed like a little girl. Probably also knocked over my chair.

Indeed; since they're able to live almost anywhere, they'll often come from a completely unexpected place.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Indeed; since they're able to live almost anywhere, they'll often come from a completely unexpected place.

I probably also cried myself to sleep that night.

Seriously though, I would die if a roach just scurried across my face.

Yes, definitely. Heartbleed's terrifying if you think about how much of the Internet it affects, with undermining online commerce and being a security nightmare in general.

Oh, did you mean the living kind of bug?

~B~

What.

Yes, definitely. Heartbleed's terrifying if you think about how much of the Internet it affects, with undermining online commerce and being a security nightmare in general.

~B~

What.

lol

We don't get any cockroaches where I live, which is good because they are fairly nasty. I used to live in Alabama, and there were a lot of them.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

~B~

What.

lol

We don't get any cockroaches where I live, which is good because they are fairly nasty. I used to live in Alabama, and there were a lot of them.

My old school had the nickname of McCockroach. Yeah, it was pretty nasty. I saw a rat in the cafeteria once and roaches were a common sight.

• Upvote 1

~B~

What.

lol

My old school had the nickname of McCockroach. Yeah, it was pretty nasty. I saw a rat in the cafeteria once and roaches were a common sight.

That. That is disgusting.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

~B~

What.

lol

Same with my old elementary school. Whenever a cockroach or any sort of arthropod was running around in the classroom, we all immediately stood on our chairs. Luckily I was there for only 2 years until I got transferred to a newer and cleaner school.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus
  • Upvote 1

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man I've got some good ones.

A couple years ago, I was lying on our floor watching Wall-E with my brother, and suddenly I feel a tickle on my leg. It was summer, so I was wearing shorts. I look at my leg and there's this GIANT HAIRY SPIDER, maybe 3 inches big, just chillin' out on my bare thigh.

Another time, my brother was digging through his LEGO box, and suddenly he finds a GIANT BLACK BEETLE on his hand. He screamed like Homer Simpson and called our parents over. My dad was like, "ain't no way I'm touching that," so my mom picks the beetle up with her BARE HANDS, puts it in a jar, and says, "I'm gonna mount this later." She was too lazy to do so, so we ended up just throwing it outside after a couple days.

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

"I'm gonna mount this later."

Dude, that's righteous.

For me, I found a live scorpion in my K'nex bin once. Mom had to dump the whole thing out on our patio so it could scurry away. Another time, I was sitting on the couch, and a flying bug flew past my head, getting a satisfying reaction out of me (I'm not too afraid of bugs either!). I was a little ashamed of my reaction...

mindeth the cobwebs

It was my school summer holiday I believe, and a fly came into my room. My room was very messy and my favourite t-shirt was on the ground, y'know? A few days later the fly died on that t-shirt and I tried to avoid that t-shirt for a few days because I hate flys.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I'm mainly cool with insects, but once, when I was outside, I walking under a tree, and this huge big green slug just fell RIGHT ON MY FOREHEAD. I screamed like a little girl...

Dont you just hate it when your in a shop then you turn off a power point because nothings plugged into it, then realise that it's actually a light switch.... yeah. :(

I was at work today and suddenly two feet away from this gigantic cockroach waltz right past me at terrifying speeds and I nope'd outta there as fast as I could, but it turned around and started to chase me, then turned and I lost track of it. 5 minutes later I've been walking around my work space keeping like 10 feet away from it at all times, and decide to hide in the bathroom until I think its safe. I figure if anything, the mirror would afford me an extra line of sight. Suddenly I see it on the floor coming towards me. It was waiting to ambush me in my safe space! I was cornered and more terrified than I had ever been in my entire life, besides all the other times I was attack by roaches.

I survived, and walked away with 350 xp and a magic amulet. That's how big this thing was, it dropped loot.

*shudders* I wish I was joking about more than the xp and the amulet that was the most unpleasant 5 minutes ever

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I used to not be scared of spiders, but that all changed when I was getting in the shower and saw what I thought was one of those Halloween spider rings in a corner. I casually stepped over it, took my shower, and while I was drying off, I noticed the spider ring was actually a very real and very large black widow. It was probably 3-4 inches across, and I freaked out.

• Upvote 1

The wasps are invading Britain at this time of year..... help!

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

I used to not be scared of spiders, but that all changed when I was getting in the shower and saw what I thought was one of those Halloween spider rings in a corner. I casually stepped over it, took my shower, and while I was drying off, I noticed the spider ring was actually a very real and very large black widow. It was probably 3-4 inches across, and I freaked out.

Wow dude, take the prize here, you could have literally died.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Wow dude, take the prize here, you could have literally died.

If that happened to me, I would probably just go on a stream of cuss words and attempt to get out of the bathroom, preferably with clothes on.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I was drying myself after a shower when I saw something wierd in the water beneath me. I took me a while to figure out that it was a huge spider drowning. I dropped my towel and grabbed around and found another (thankfully smaller) one running across my body. Both the spider and I panicked while I hysterically brushed it off. The smaller one was just a regular daddy longlegs, but the one that fell in the water was a kind that I'd never seen before. It was black with subtle yellowish stripes across its legs.

In the end everybody survived (including the spiders).

banner1.png

I was drying myself after a shower when I saw something wierd in the water beneath me. I took me a while to figure out that it was a huge spider drowning. I dropped my towel and grabbed around and found another (thankfully smaller) one running across my body. Both the spider and I panicked while I hysterically brushed it off. The smaller one was just a regular daddy longlegs, but the one that fell in the water was a kind that I'd never seen before. It was black with subtle yellowish stripes across its legs.

Are you sure that wasn't a barn spider that you found in the bathtub?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Are you sure that wasn't a barn spider that you found in the bathtub?

I had too look up what that is, but I don't think so. The body was smaller and the legs were way longer. By the way, I live in Europe, and barn spiders appearently don't live here. It was also pretty evident that the spider wasn't a great swimmer whatsoever :P I think I'm going to look up what it actually was.

banner1.png

LOL.

I almost never freak out at the sight of a bug. Even a flying cockroach (though I will calmly attempt to kill it so it stops going all over the place and being distracting) or wasp. Wasps have flown around me many times without the slightest outward reaction, and that one time a cockroach landed on my arm, I just whacked it off and crushed it with a shoe. My verbal reaction was just a "HMM?!"

Though there was an exception. The bug, however, wasn't real.

Ever have one of those dreams where you partially wake up, so you see the real world, but something from the dream remains in the scene? Well, I couldn't remember the dream upon awakening that time, but something from it definitely remained.

I opened my eyes, looked at the ceiling, and saw a scorpion bigger than my head. The following...well, followed.

MOTHER F-- WHAT IN THE **** ****?! (Gets up quickly, blinks, looks up, only to realize it is gone) What...(Pants, realizes it was never really there, and goes to use the bathroom)

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

There aren't really any cockroaches where I live, but stinkbugs are a huge NOPE. Noisy when they fly and the only way for me to kill them without the "stink" is pray it hits the lamp lightbulb and cooks itself with a *sizzz* afterwards. 

I also used to have arachnophobia, but it's mitigated somewhat now, though spiders still unnerve me. 

Wasps... I think I always had dreaded them, especially when I got stung by one once. Seeing dead wasps are even worse. 

--==My MOCs==--

A lucid dream?

No, kind of the opposite. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it's still quite common. It's when you wake up after a dream, but have no memory of the dream, and you see a part of the dream in the real world before fully waking up.

It was after that happened when I realized what was going on.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About a week ago I was letting my dog out at night and saw an enormous spider scurry inside (about an inch and a half in diameter, I'm guessing). My brother and I managed to trap it in a plastic container and slip a sheet of paper under it to be able to lift it... at which point we noticed that it was covered in tiny baby spiders. Naturally, we flung it outside posthaste.

My mom wondered why we didn't just step on it. But a spider that big would leave a gross smear, and besides that, once we found out it had babies on it, we were glad we had trapped it in case the babies decided to scurry elsewhere.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother