BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Well, QP's Damage Control is technically still running... I want that to finish up, but I think he's still in poor health and the game might take a while to resolve itself. Since DC isn't taking up activity I'd say that a new side game (or "newbie Mafia") might be okay. That's just me, though.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

On Friday may it be fine to start the newbie mafia game?

I didn't even know that ANY games were starting up. :P

Perhaps we could get official confirmation on when we can expect Damage Control to be ended? But yeah I don't see why not. It might be better to start the newbie game up on Monday, though. Activity tends to be lower on weekends.

Perhaps we could get official confirmation on when we can expect Damage Control to be ended? But yeah I don't see why not. It might be better to start the newbie game up on Monday, though. Activity tends to be lower on weekends.

Eh, just saying Friday because that's when my finals end. 

AND GOLLY JEEZ I MISSED ANOTHER MAFIA GAME! CURSE YOU FINAAAAAAALLLLSSSS!!!

Edited by Philips

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

Eh, just saying Friday because that's when my finals end. 

AND GOLLY JEEZ I MISSED ANOTHER MAFIA GAME! CURSE YOU FINAAAAAAALLLLSSSS!!!

Understandable. I'm just saying that you're more likely to get faster signups on a Monday, from what I've seen. :P

Is there anyone who would be interested in hosting but doesn't want to come up with a game on their own?
I've got a couple game concepts which are free, and I'm not likely to host BZP Mafia any time soon - I experience very fast host burnout.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Is there anyone who would be interested in hosting but doesn't want to come up with a game on their own?

I've got a couple game concepts which are free, and I'm not likely to host BZP Mafia any time soon - I experience very fast host burnout.

I also have a few game concepts

There's one that I think I actually want to put into play myself as a sidegame, but I want to work on it and make sure it's really going to be as cool as I think it might be? But I do have some concepts that will never see the light of day unless someone else hosts them.

I've been interested in hosting a game for a while, but have been waiting for all the more experienced players, who are lined up to host, take their turn first.  

I have some cool story concepts thought up, but game concepts have been a bit more elusive...

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Yeah, story concepts can help a lot. I might kinda have a side project right now, making a board game, and coming up with a theme/emotion/story can really help solidify some mechanics in interesting ways. I can't tell you how many times so far I've been like "hey wouldn't it be cool if this guy feels like a young, brash warrior with fragile confidence?" and then boom new guy. 

Lots of other stuff on that topic too. Tying story into mechanics is a very good thing to do, and is another thing I could probably write a little pretentious essay on. However, I don't think I will do that. =P

I'm looking forward to January/February because I think I can actually host another game sometime then. Which would be nice, because quite frankly I think I do better hosting than I do playing Mafia, and I want the topicless mafia to happen at some point dangit. =P

Yeah, story concepts can help a lot. I might kinda have a side project right now, making a board game, and coming up with a theme/emotion/story can really help solidify some mechanics in interesting ways. I can't tell you how many times so far I've been like "hey wouldn't it be cool if this guy feels like a young, brash warrior with fragile confidence?" and then boom new guy. 

Lots of other stuff on that topic too. Tying story into mechanics is a very good thing to do, and is another thing I could probably write a little pretentious essay on. However, I don't think I will do that. =P

Indeed. Damage Control, I feel, was very much that way. It started out as a game-mechanic concept, then the fictional framing for the concept inspired the implementation of the concept, and so on, back-and-forth, until it reached its final form (which most of you still don't know, and won't, unless I finish the game soon.)

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

6:04 PM - Tavahka: thought that was what you were referring to with that ?
6:05 PM - Tavahka: So uh
6:06 PM - Tavahka: What were you really talking about? =P
6:06 PM - Voltex: No, I was trying to confuse you
6:06 PM - Voltex: It backfired completely

Note to self: you suck at confusing people with mafia related things

stawp it now
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, I don't think we have somebody actually lined up? We have Phillip's New Player mafia game, and we also have TR's game that he started cause he didn't know about this topic, but I think that was it? 

But yeah, Idk. Depends on if QP can stop not feeling very good, or if we just move on to the next one. 

Can we start a game with only Medic roles and have them exclusively target QP

brilliant!

Let's do that right now, informal game up in here. BIONICLE MAFIA QP: MEDIC starts now. Chro, you are the medic. QP, you are the villager guy.

Chro, since you can't target yourself, because this is HARDCORE MAFIAAAA, you target QP now for every round in the foreseeable future.

Brilliant!

• Upvote 5

I'd have to say one of the defining moments for me would be when Xaeraz unleashed the twist of Dead Sea upon everyone. I'd been looking forward to it for so long, and I think it was one of the best implementations of an absolutely game-changing twist so far.

Agreed.

It was an incredible twist that I did not see coming, and it's a shame the game never came to an actual in-topic ending.

Especially since if it did I am 90% certain I would have been the first neutral party ever to win a game.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I'd have to say one of the defining moments for me would be when Xaeraz unleashed the twist of Dead Sea upon everyone. I'd been looking forward to it for so long, and I think it was one of the best implementations of an absolutely game-changing twist so far.

Agreed.

It was an incredible twist that I did not see coming, and it's a shame the game never came to an actual in-topic ending.

Especially since if it did I am 90% certain I would have been the first neutral party ever to win a game.

Yeah, it's too bad Tyler stole that honor from you =P

Although if the King in XVI counted as a neutral role, then I actually hold the title.

Technically, X did win. But, since the game never truly ended, he exists in a space of pseudo-victory forever and eternity c:

AHA

I DID WIN

WOOOOOOoo

I just have wanted confirmation on that so long. Yes

I am satisfied with my life, even if you never actually concluded the game I still, technically, won. yay.

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Technically, X did win. But, since the game never truly ended, he exists in a space of pseudo-victory forever and eternity c:

AHA

I DID WIN

WOOOOOOoo

I just have wanted confirmation on that so long. Yes

I am satisfied with my life, even if you never actually concluded the game I still, technically, won. yay.

I don't know if "existing in a space of pseudo-victory" can necessarily count as winning. =P

Can we start a game with only Medic roles and have them exclusively target QP

brilliant!

Let's do that right now, informal game up in here. BIONICLE MAFIA QP: MEDIC starts now. Chro, you are the medic. QP, you are the villager guy.

Chro, since you can't target yourself, because this is HARDCORE MAFIAAAA, you target QP now for every round in the foreseeable future.

Brilliant!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Medic not being able to protect themself is decidedly not HARDCORE MAFIAAAA. The proper HARDCORE MAFIAAAA rule is that the medic cannot protect the same target twice in a row.

Edited by Valendale
  • Upvote 1