BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

and now begins the most tenuous phase of a mafia life cycle: the "oh frick what if the game goes up and someone grabs spot 23 while i'm out for a burger with the guys this afternoon" phase

-Tyler

• Upvote 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

and now begins the most tenuous phase of a mafia life cycle: the "oh frick what if the game goes up and someone grabs spot 23 while i'm out for a burger with the guys this afternoon" phase

-Tyler

If I am there soon enough I shall get the spot reserved for you, since I should be automatically receiving Spot 19 for my services. =P

• Upvote 4

Soon we will attract EVERY BZP MEMBER! AND THEN WE WILL BE THE MAIN FORUM OF BZPOWER. 

*Proceeds to express interest in a spot as well also in case it goes up overnight*

Edited by KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Upvote 4

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Who is hosting the next one? I thought Burnmad was. In any case, I put in my petition for a reservation even though I'll be up late tonight.

I know you've been here in G&T for a while, fishers, but still. =P

I'm nearly everywhere. I can count the forums I haven't posted in on BZPower on one finger, and the ones I haven't started a topic in on one hand. :P

Edited by fishers64

One cannot follow G&T for long without being sucked into the Mafia voltex. 

Misread as "the Mafia voltex"

My perception of your comment has not changed

I almost quoted her post and edited it but then I was like "nah everyone will see that anyway"

i can't stop seeing i-

waitaminnit

• Upvote 4

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Hey guys, I know this will probably sound quite pretentious, as I have never hosted a game on BZP before. However, as I might be in an awful rut if I don't.

Basically, the sidegame I'm hosting will have 37 people( approx 1.5x the standard mafia game). It will(unless the healers are really, really on the ball) take the same amount of time if not quicker than a standard BZP mafia game, as there will be 1.5x the death per day/night, not including double hangs.

The problem I have is that I'm worried I might not be able to get 37 people to sign up. If you guys could make sure to sign up, and even hype it a bit, that'd be great. The game will include more feuding, alliances and paranoia than usual, so I think people will like it.

MnRA5kV.png

Hey guys, I know this will probably sound quite pretentious, as I have never hosted a game on BZP before. However, as I might be in an awful rut if I don't.

Basically, the sidegame I'm hosting will have 37 people( approx 1.5x the standard mafia game). It will(unless the healers are really, really on the ball) take the same amount of time if not quicker than a standard BZP mafia game, as there will be 1.5x the death per day/night, not including double hangs.

The problem I have is that I'm worried I might not be able to get 37 people to sign up. If you guys could make sure to sign up, and even hype it a bit, that'd be great. The game will include more feuding, alliances and paranoia than usual, so I think people will like it.

How many deaths exactly can we expect per night

If it's less than 3 DPN it's a no-go

Really? Two deaths per night (which I can confirm is the minimum average for Seaborgium's game,) plus at least one hanging per day, gives at most 25 days for the game to run its course. Surely that's no longer than the Voltex Constant?

XIX wasn't supposed to go for that wrong long*. I was punched in the face by sickness for several days and then had to recover, which both stopped and then slowed down the game. It should have all been completed before November was even over.

Plus I was also doing NaNoWriMo at the time, which was a royal pain in the butt and took up a lot of time as well.

That's not to say that two deaths per night is bad, per se, but... well, three deaths per night is always better. :P

*LONG, I SAID LONG

Edited by Strange Festive Voltex
  • Upvote 2

If it's less than 3 DPN it's a no-go

Really? Two deaths per night (which I can confirm is the minimum average for Seaborgium's game,) plus at least one hanging per day, gives at most 25 days for the game to run its course. Surely that's no longer than the Voltex Constant?

I was kidding... but with that many players I would love to see a game with a constant 3+ DPN

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

How many deaths exactly can we expect per night

I say 'average' of two, because I quite literally mean a mathematical average of two(excluding doctor saves). If you want I'll post all the rules.  But just for right now I'll tell you that over the course of five days, there will be an accumulated ten deaths from night kills alone. Basically, you might have two deaths the first night, one on the second, three on the third, two on the fourth, and two on the fifth. Or you might have as many as six deaths the first night and only one for next four (I'll explain the five day cycle in the rules). But you will have an average of two per night, if the doctors don't save anyone.

• Upvote 2

MnRA5kV.png

I approve of this concept but only if every player agrees that we shall have a quadruple lynching each day to appease the bloodthirsty gods of Mafia

I agree, and I expect Xaeraz to because he wants a spine milkshake. =p

• Upvote 3

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I approve of this concept but only if every player agrees that we shall have a quadruple lynching each day to appease the bloodthirsty gods of Mafia

I agree, and I expect Xaeraz to because he wants a spine milkshake. =p

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE GAME GOES UP

TO PUT THEIR NAMES ON THE LIST

(ALIIIIIIIIVE)

FOR A WHILE

(SPOT 19)

GOTTA FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE SPINE

(ALIIIIIIIVE)

WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE

(SPOT 19)

OUT HERE THE TYPE 2S SURVIVE!

• Upvote 6

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

It is past 4:36 PM EST, and Yea is the majority vote from last week. Some good ideas were thrown out. I'd say, one can only throw one's hat in the hosting ring for up to the second game following the current one (e.g. the current game is now XXI, so the latest that can be "claimed" now is XXIII), and the list can be changed in case someone else wants the game or the host decides against/disappears.

• Upvote 2

bBhcfWO.png