BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Will the numbers work out if you remove four five player slots (one per faction)? I'm pretty sure it won't work with eight ten less, and getting six more will be slightly less daunting than ten. I forgot there were five factions instead of four. Oops.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

There are five factions consisting of seven people each, so I could a) get rid of five slots, leaving each faction with only six. This probably is not a good idea as it would mean there would be one mafia for every five innocents, which in my opinion, at least for this game, is too high a ratio for the mafia.

Or I could b) take out an entire faction. The proportion of mafia to innocents would remain the same and it would get rid of seven slots. this is probably the best option in my opinion.

Of course, either one would result in a significantly shorter game than a normal mafia game, but that might just have to be.

EDIT

I have conditionally implemented the second option.

Edited by Seaborgium

MnRA5kV.png

Well. I messed up that one time, killing someone who shouldn't have died despite his protests, and every roll of the RNG landed you guys in a killing zone, in which the game seemed unfairly stacked in the killer's favor. I tried to stack it more towards the innocents favor, but I was proven wrong.

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

Well. I messed up that one time, killing someone who shouldn't have died despite his protests, and every roll of the RNG landed you guys in a killing zone, in which the game seemed unfairly stacked in the killer's favor. I tried to stack it more towards the innocents favor, but I was proven wrong.

Who shouldn't have died?

I admit that the game wasn't mechanically perfect, but, the version of Chuck's death scene that you accidentally posted aside, I didn't notice any gaffes in your hosting. Besides, XX had several blunders on the part of the host, and everyone involved still feels that it was a great game.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Besides, XX had several blunders on the part of the host, and everyone involved still feels that it was a great game.

Far more than any other game so far I think, actually.

I didn't even mess up as much in 2FA (aside from closing voting early that one time) which was my first game.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Who shouldn't have died?

Tyler, in the same scene

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

So whos hosting the next game? I probably missed a post or something

I'm hosting a game with three slots left to fill. Just click on my sig.

EDIT

I'm a shameless self-advertiser, amn't I? But really, I've got a great game planned, but I'll need thirty people. I've got 27, but I need to have at least three more slots filled.

Edited by Seaborgium
  • Upvote 2

MnRA5kV.png

So whos hosting the next game? I probably missed a post or something

I'm hosting a game with three slots left to fill. Just click on my sig.

EDIT

I'm a shameless self-advertiser, amn't I? But really, I've got a great game planned, but I'll need thirty people. I've got 27, but I need to have at least three more slots filled.

This is the Mafia Discussion topic, if there is anywhere for you to shamelessly self advertize, well, it would be here. =P

• Upvote 2

Make him the Pyro so he can die night one

I'm the Pyro that survives Night 1

I've never died my first round active as Pyro

Unlike every other fool who gets the role

Time for us to fix that, then. *nods*

*makes note to give Portal the role that suicides night 1 in Undead Nightmare*

So, what, you're gonna give Portal the Bill?

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So, what, you're gonna give Portal the Bill?

Bill the Pyro

• Upvote 3

Not every other fool, because the Pyro's curse didn't affect me in my first night as Pyro in one of the Cult games

I made it until like Night 4, and then one of Unit's trademark post-mortem votes was counted as a legit vote and I got lynched the night before the game ended.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hey guys, I'm setting the release date for my project for my Mafia tomorrow if that's alright. I'll get to work on writing the intro for the game while you guys discuss on why I'm doing it tomorrow. 

But

There's already two Mafia games running right now

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Didn't we go over this sort of thing already? Several months ago? With a very similar scenario?

That it's generally not a good idea to release a game without telling/letting anyone know? We kind of have this topic for a reason, you know. Remember that another guy released a mafia game also without telling anyone, and that it was generally agreed that it was not a good idea/not well received? 

• Upvote 7

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Not really. I wasn't paying too much attention to this topic till now with me making a new Mafia.

H2iLDxi.png

The entire point of this topic is to discuss the games, who will host, and when a game is going up well before they go up, when there isn't two games already running.

Edited by 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc
  • Upvote 8

1Ydp0mg.jpg

...I was referencing Bill from Left 4 Dead, AKA The Old One Who Dies

I thought that was maybe what you were referencing, but then thought "nah that's too unlikely it's probably a joke from RDR".

Not every other fool, because the Pyro's curse didn't affect me in my first night as Pyro in one of the Cult games

I made it until like Night 4, and then one of Unit's trademark post-mortem votes was counted as a legit vote and I got lynched the night before the game ended.

-Tyler

wait

one of my ghost votes actually affected the outcome of a scene?

I wasn't aware this had ever happened

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Strange Festive Unit