BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

I suppose that's not too bad. Will we vote on someone's claim?

Also, Underscore, how goes XXII?

Underscore is hosting XXI, not XXII.

Also, on that note... if Underscore hasn't shown up by Monday, I'll toss my hat in the ring for XXI - only because I have a concept too good not to use haha.

(I'll update the first post with the list stuff later)

• Upvote 2

I suppose that's not too bad. Will we vote on someone's claim?

Also, Underscore, how goes XXII?

Underscore is hosting XXI, not XXII.

Also, on that note... if Underscore hasn't shown up by Monday, I'll toss my hat in the ring for XXI - only because I have a concept too good not to use haha.

(I'll update the first post with the list stuff later)

If Underscore doesn't show, then I'd definitely back that up. =P

Also, just to say, even with proper formalities to be later, I still am interested in 26, and will keep reminding. =P

Ditto for me, since I'll be out tonight.

Also, Burnmad is set to host XXII, no? I recall that it was agreed that he couldn't host another game until he finished XVI. That doesn't prevent him from claiming a game, but it would be awkward if XXI wrapped up, and Burnmad couldn't host.

Do you plan to finish Carnival, Burn?

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Also, Burnmad is set to host XXII, no? I recall that it was agreed that he couldn't host another game until he finished XVI. That doesn't prevent him from claiming a game, but it would be awkward if XXI wrapped up, and Burnmad couldn't host.

He said he would rap it up in the OP of XXII

bBhcfWO.png

Two points:

1) Taking a joke about my ability to create a thread in G&T being decided democratically seriously is rather laughable.

2) XXII is already confirmed to be a sequel to XVII, so it'd be even stranger if I didn't. :P

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 1

1) Taking a joke about my ability to create a thread in G&T being decided democratically seriously is rather laughable.

We've decided whom shall host democratically, so why shouldn't we be able to do the same in regards to whom can't?

I hate to break this to you, but this is, in fact, BZPower, not the US Senate. You guys can decide to boycot a game that doesn't get voted through by everyone, or what-have-you, but in the end, if I felt like it, I could very well start 3 different unapproved games of Mafia at once, and you'd just have to deal with it. =P

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 2

*Snaps fingers*

I hate to break this to you, but this is, in fact, BZPower, not the US Senate. You guys can decide to boycot a game that doesn't get voted through by everyone, or what-have-you, but in the end, if I felt like it, I could very well start 3 different unapproved games of Mafia at once, and you'd just have to deal with it. =P

Quite true. I'm not denying that. But we have certain agreements which, non-binding as they are, are generally accepted as healthy for BZPower Mafia as a whole. Yes, you might be able to get away with starting an unapproved game, like this one, but actually defying an agreement against hosting a game would probably have less successful results.

gZsNWyr.png

Well it's not exactly a multi-Mafia game. What I'm thinking of is a large player Mafia game where there are two Mafias going at each other in a city. Some players will be one Mafia, while others will be the other Mafia. Of course there will be civilians and some police to help out in the game. Though instead of the standard hangings, I was thinking of imprisonment. This way the Mafia can get a chance to reaquire the Mafian before he is executed the next day.

Like night times, there'll be killings, arrest and what nots. But in the day there'll be break outs/executions and revivals of the dead. It'd be big.

Edited by The Forgotten Warrior

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Well it's not exactly a multi-Mafia game. What I'm thinking of is a large player Mafia game where there are two Mafias going at each other in a city. Some players will be one Mafia, while others will be the other Mafia. Of course there will be civilians and some police to help out in the game. Though instead of the standard hangings, I was thinking of imprisonment. This way the Mafia can get a chance to reaquire the Mafian before he is executed the next day.

Like night times, there'll be killings, arrest and what nots. But in the day there'll be break outs/executions and revivals of the dead. It'd be big.

That sounds ever so slightly like Unfinished Business. More of a mutation of Mafia than Mafia proper.

gZsNWyr.png

That sounds ever so slightly like Unfinished Business. More of a mutation of Mafia than Mafia proper.

please never mention that game again

• Upvote 1

please never mention that game again

Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Mind, it could have worked, but it needed a good deal of ironing out.

It's also why I think a thorough vetting process is so important. Toa K is to be commended for such an original idea, but by the same token, it had far less of a claim to being a Mafia game than something like Reservoir Dogs. Consequently, it was a lot more prone to pitfalls than a game following the tried and true basics of Mafia.

gZsNWyr.png

Would people know who the Mafia are? I would assume not. Unless it's like what I've heard of Unfinished Business.

Also, if you are looking for a big Mafia game with factions, there are plenty of slots left for my game.

MnRA5kV.png

Mine will be nothing like Unfinished Business. No one will know any of the roles. Plus from what I've seen in the first post of Unfinished Business, there seemed to be only one Mafia; Not two unless the OoMN was also killing civilians.

In mine there will be two Mafias running the city who will be killing each other and also villagers to get dominance of the city. And just like any Mafia, there will be a Guardian or in this case a police force. All is 100% original.

Names of factions have been set as of now. Only thing left is a title. I would like some ideas for it.

So, like V?

I've tried to comprehend what you are saying and I think this is pretty much what you mean with the two mafia things?

However, the whole thing about breakouts and such sounds new. I feel like we had a game with that in the first age, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how it worked or anything, or if it was really a thing or if I am remembering incorrectly. 

If you wanted to, you could go ahead and send me a PM of the first post when you finish it, and I could give you some advice on it. Because at the moment I am still not quite sure what you mean.

So yeah *shrug*

So, like V?

I've tried to comprehend what you are saying and I think this is pretty much what you mean with the two mafia things?

However, the whole thing about breakouts and such sounds new. I feel like we had a game with that in the first age, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how it worked or anything, or if it was really a thing or if I am remembering incorrectly. 

If you wanted to, you could go ahead and send me a PM of the first post when you finish it, and I could give you some advice on it. Because at the moment I am still not quite sure what you mean.

So yeah *shrug*

There were a Jailer and Lawyer in Big City (Eeko and Brickeens, respectively).

I think, but am not sure, that the first game I played, which IIRC was a very early one, at one point mentioned someone being broken out of prison.

*Snaps fingers*

There was indeed a first age game with breakouts and such; I think a few, actually. xP

I can't recall everything about it, but IIRC, I was in one of them. To be honest, the only one I truly remember from the first age was about mid-2010, when I coached my Mafia to victory.

Actually, thinking now, I'm probably the reason that we had Godfathers for the longest time, and required a majority vote when we didn't have godfathers. xP Because I basically took full control over that mafia, deciding every single kill. =P Even when I was killed, I had my one remaining Mafian basically win by default because IIRC it was baltarc and whoever it was remaining (Blue someone? Someone blue?), and if it was baltarc, he was inactive, so yeah. =P

• Upvote 3

I completely forgot about V. I guess you could say it is similar to it. Now unlike the current flow of games which contain Roman Numerals dan can go forever, I'm planning on starting a new series which contains the Greek Alphabet after its name.Which means that once all the letters are done, the series is basically over and the story is over with.

Though I still need ideas on names for the game. Anyone care to share?

I completely forgot about V. I guess you could say it is similar to it. Now unlike the current flow of games which contain Roman Numerals dan can go forever, I'm planning on starting a new series which contains the Greek Alphabet after its name.Which means that once all the letters are done, the series is basically over and the story is over with.

Though I still need ideas on names for the game. Anyone care to share?

That's an interesting concept, which I might just be game for.

As for game ideas, I'm sure I can think of a few.

For starters, here's a rough idea, which I came up with as an example, for the oft-mooted Visorak Mafia game.

Visorak Mafia:

Four Visorak menace the village of BZ-Koro, sending one of their number to kill or mutate a Villager each night.

The Village, together with Keetongu and three Rahaga, must see past Makuta Chirox's illusion and root out the dangerous Rahi.

Roles:

Visorak (4):

Each Rahi can be sent at Night to kill or to mutate.

Oohnorak-Can send anonymous telepathic messages to confuse and demoralize the Villagers.

Keelerak-Can kill any player, even protected ones.

Boggarak-Can paralyze one player, each night.

Roporak-If detected by Iruni, it will register as a Villager.

Hordika (?):

These Mutated Villagers can be sent to kill by the Visorak.

They do not know the identities of the Visorak, nor of the other Hordika.

Keetongu:

Every other night, he can attempt to cure a Hordika

Rahaga (3):

Pouks-Each night, he can paralyze a player.

Iruni-Each night he can investigate a player.

Norik-Each night, he can protect a player.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png