BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Who's in the hat for XXIII? Pulse has plans for XXIV, but that game looks up-in-the-air.

check the OP

it states who is hosting 23. not xxiii.

That should tell you all you need to know about the host.

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst
  • Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Just so long as you leave me my 11x+1 games, I have no issue with you or anyone else wanting to run a game, personally. I just wish to run one game out of every eleven is all c:

(Mobile post so no formatting)

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You never had total claim to XXIV. It was decided by all of us several months ago democratically that whoever wished to host XXIV would step forward after the completion of XXII, and that the rest of us would then vote on which game we would like to see.

• Upvote 2

You never had total claim to XXIV. It was decided by all of us several months ago democratically that whoever wished to host XXIV would step forward after the completion of XXII, and that the rest of us would then vote on which game we would like to see.

All I'm saying is that I don't want to get in the way if Pulse wants it.

bBhcfWO.png

...And I don't want to get in the way if Luroka wants it. I was thinking it over, if Luroka's been planning this since at least December or before IIRC, what right do I have to just suddenly come in and take XXIV? That's just rude and disrespectful to Luroka. 

My game could also work as a side game. There's the main ideas and then there's the ideas I had to slightly alter that main idea.

Or, we could Take a Third Option and compromise and maybe even co-host, although that may require some radical alterations. 

Or we take yet another option, and have someone else appear out of nowhere and say 'Hey, I have an even better idea for XXIV: [Awesome Idea]!' where the response is 'omg yes' 'super cool' 'i hate you all' 'voting for [Awesome Idea] guy as host' 'that's so unprecedented and original'.

Or we try to ban XXIV as a number entirely, and prevent it from ever being acknowledged again, so that 20-30 is now 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 29 30.

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

If somebody wants to host a very quick game for XXIV that will take less than 2 weeks, I have the perfect game concept for them.

If XXIV is in the summer, I could do a game with a possible extra death each night, and probably only twenty people. It would be a simple, but hopefully intense game.

MnRA5kV.png

I just realized there is a game missing from the list in the opening post. I am about 99% sure that I cohosted a training and experiments game.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

So whoever had the next side game is free to go ahead, since Ninjago Mafia has closed.

Also, both Ninjago Mafia games have failed to reach completion; perhaps we should wait awhile before trying another one?

Eh, 30 people was too much, and Calc was much more burdensome this semester than I had expected. I don't think that another Ninjago mafia is bad idea, and I might even in the future(like four months from now, maybe) try the Feudal Kingdoms mechanic again, just with 20 people instead of 30.

MnRA5kV.png

^For that mechanic to work, a real rivelry between the factions needs to be going on. There was no incentive in Ninjago for a rivelry to commence, so none did and the game stagnated. Perhaps offering an incentive in that regard could help. :shrugs:

Anyway, Vimes, I wouldn't mind seeing what you have in mind for a game.

The premise is that each role has it's own scoring system, which allows them to earn Points each round based on their performance- say, the Medic earns Points for saving lives, the Mafia earns Points for evading lynchings, et cetera. The winning team gets a pat on the back, but the only true winner is the surviving player with the most Points.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

The premise is that each role has it's own scoring system, which allows them to earn Points each round based on their performance- say, the Medic earns Points for saving lives, the Mafia earns Points for evading lynchings, et cetera. The winning team gets a pat on the back, but the only true winner is the surviving player with the most Points.

In other words, the Medic's chances of winning are rather slim. =P

• Upvote 4

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

In other words, the Medic's chances of winning are rather slim. =P

I agree with Quis Oves Pugnat. The medic earning a single point relies on both himself and the mafia targeting the same player in one night, and to win, this has to happen consistently. The chance of the medic even earning a point are rather slim.

bBhcfWO.png