BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Here's an idea for a Mafia game, guys:

BONKLE MAFIA #12344321: Subtitle Goes Here: Incompetency of the Village/Pyro Overload/Revenge of the Dark Hunters/BIONICLE Hitman Whatever: Mafia Style/Another Subtitle

PLOT: Evil Dark Hunters have taken over the universe. The villagers must stop them! Also there are seventeen pyros! And some other less important people!

Roles:

Village-aligned:

x1 Turagelder: The Turaga is dead and thus cannot vote. Any attempted vote will kill a random villager.

x1 Medoctoric: The Medoctoric skipped medical school, meaning that any attempt to save someone will only increase their likelihood of death.

x1 Detectinvestigator: Incompetent and corrupt is the only way to describe this role. They often find evidence incriminating innocent people and will never find out who makes up the mafia.

x150 Matoran Running Around Like Headless Chickens: These villagers can't do anything right. All votes for guilty parties do not count, all votes for innocent people count for three times as much. Often found running around like headless chickens accusing each other of being guilty.

Mafia-aligned:

x30 Dark Hunters - these Dark Hunters hunt the village-aligned. They're Dark Hunters, and Dark Hunters are way more powerful than Matoran, so they can kill 3 Matoran per night.

x1 Nidhiki: This role is so ugly that the kill just simply by looking at something. Roles die if they use their action on this role.

x1 Krekka: This role is so dumb that they must die on the night they are sent out to kill.

x1 Sentrahk: Technically not living, so the are unkillable.

x1 Shadowed One - decides who to kill, also plays Bonkle Hitman with his underlings each round.

Neutral

x17 Pyros: Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire! 

x1 Curse of the Pyro: Aims to kill all the Pyros. Persists in spirit if killed.

x1 Extremely Overpowered Role If They Survive To The End But That Will Never Happen: Exactly what it says on the tin.

x2 Cultists: Converts five people per night to their obscure cult! 

x1 Cheesy BIONICLE Movie: Kills using the terrible lines of BIONICLE movies!

The twist: Everyone that asks about a twist gets twisted to death! Also, 17 pyros. 

I think this is clearly the best game to be proposed, ever. 

• Upvote 8

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

The premise is that each role has it's own scoring system, which allows them to earn Points each round based on their performance- say, the Medic earns Points for saving lives, the Mafia earns Points for evading lynchings, et cetera. The winning team gets a pat on the back, but the only true winner is the surviving player with the most Points.

In other words, the Medic's chances of winning are rather slim. =P

I agree with Quis Oves Pugnat. The medic earning a single point relies on both himself and the mafia targeting the same player in one night, and to win, this has to happen consistently. The chance of the medic even earning a point are rather slim.

I said nothing about a single Point, haha.

Those were just examples of role-specific methods of scoring Points. There are lots more.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

hmm

alrighty, I'm intrigued. 

something where we like actually have to play good?

[pedantic]Well, the Village is ostensibly Lawful Good.

Oh...

You mean "play well."[/pedantic]

The solution to that's easy. Make the Anti-Village consist entirely of Pyros.

This reminds me, I've an idea for a game in which the Mafia is Village-aligned (and the only special Villagers, at that.) The Anti-Village is a version of the Cult, with the traditional Village-alligned powers of Detection and whatnot, which wins by eliminating the Mafia.

A sort of topsy-turvy Mafia, as it were.

It still needs some ironing out (primarily to balance the two sides,) but it should be a good deal less labyrinthine than Damage Control.

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I mean

we are kinda lynching the turaga atm in XXII (i think maybe? *Shrugggg*)

which would probably be considered Lawful Evil.

So nah I mean play good and stop lynching the good people. =P

(and that sounds pretty dang cool QP haha)

• Upvote 4

I think the Village, by virtue of having regular lynchings, would be Chaotic Good rather than Lawful Good. =P

Also, I just got an idea for a D&D alignment-based Mafia.

*Snaps fingers*

i call chaotic stupid

yes that is totally an alignment in DnD you don't even know

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

According to my notes, and I was thinking of tweaking some ratios, but I currently have 15 roles. 

7 Mafia. 

4 Villagers, 3 of which are secret. 

4 Secret neutral roles. 

Of these the neutrals have a chance to increase at the expense of the mafia decreasing. 

Game was also planned for 30 people, so if that's not possible ratios might be tweaked again.

Edited by Sora Tryon
  • Upvote 1

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

aight well 

I can tell you right now that onarax got my vote for next

I guess it has been a very long while hasn't it, I just wasn't under the impression that onarax wanted to do it so much as he was willing to do it. 

so I started a bandwagon so we can just go and play some mafior

but yeah so basically sorry onarax I will try and randomly start a bandwagon for you asap k