Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

I've been kicking myself everyday, when I found out that Barnes & Nobel sold Bionicle sets.

So much hours of wasted time traveling. 

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Looked in a Big W today but no yield unfortunately :(

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

So what are you guys planning on doing after you get your full wave of Bionicle 2015?!

I myself have already bought myself a new set of the 6 new Toa, but Im keeping them in their boxes, might do the same for the Protectors and maybe LOSS. However I might also buy more sets and just use the pieces for mocing.

After getting all the sets, I put them on my new plastic shelf. Maybe if the prices go down later in the future, (or if I have enough money after buying a new tablet) I'll probably get Tahu or LoSS and keep them in their boxes so I can resell them later for a higher profit.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So what are you guys planning on doing after you get your full wave of Bionicle 2015?!

I myself have already bought myself a new set of the 6 new Toa, but Im keeping them in their boxes, might do the same for the Protectors and maybe LOSS. However I might also buy more sets and just use the pieces for mocing.

I'm only getting 1 of the Toa and LOSS. I'm skipping the rest of the protectors. I'm gonna play with mine and keep them on my shelf. Oh, and try not to let them get dusty like my other sets. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Nor did my WalMart. No shelf space even, but the shelves were fully stocked.

So it's still just been Target so far here, although I didn't make it to a TRU this weekend due to weather. So they may be there...

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Target in Bangor actually has the sets, shocked gasps.  There was also this at the end of the aisle.  The Nerf aisle, but still.

I've seen that exact same thing at my local Target. It isn't near the Lego section at that store either, but its still cool regardless.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Anyone know of any stores having sales on Bionicle?

Since they literally just came out and haven't even reached all stores yet, I don't know why they would be anywhere.

Target in Bangor actually has the sets, shocked gasps.  There was also this at the end of the aisle.  The Nerf aisle, but still.

Oooh that's pretty cool. That's the exact kind of item I was hoping to see when exploring stores last week to know if they were there while still approaching (and for bonus nostalgia points). Didn't see it in my Target though.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Local TRU had everything but Gali and Kopaka. Local Target had everything except Gali and Onua, obv. Nice to see the stores near me have the new sets, really.

I posted this before, but since you're looking for Gali and Onua, check Barnes and Noble. At this point they are the most likely place to have them (and you can check on their site to see if they're in stock).

IetTsFQ.png

Went to Walmart yesterday and saw the sets there for the first time. (as far as I've seen) 'Twas a tiny selection, (Kopaka, LOSS, Protectors of Fire and Ice) but it was quite thrilling to see them on the shelves for once, whether they're just now stocking them, or I've been coming too late. XD Just got Kopaka from amazon, too. If they would've had any other Toa, it would've been sold.

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

I got Lewa today. First thoughts: I love the new green, the mask is awesome (still needs to grow on me a bit because it still looks very foreign to me, but the design is objectively very cool), the gearbox looks very cool from behind and was a blast to build, he's got very fitting gangly proportions, and the bright/flashy color combination looks wonderful beside all of the other Toa. However, the lack of head movement is unfortunate and frustrating, and his overall smoothness is a bit of a let-down (even if it fits his character).

All in all, a nice set, worth the price, and a wonderful addition to the team. Wouldn't recommend him as your first set unless Lewa happens to be your favorite character, however, since I don't think he does a great job resembling the new Bionicle style.

IetTsFQ.png

the mask is awesome (still needs to grow on me a bit because it still looks very foreign to me, but the design is objectively very cool)

I love Lewa's mask as well, but it still feels a bit silly to hear something described as "objectively very cool", coolness being an inherently subjective descriptor. :P

• Upvote 3

the mask is awesome (still needs to grow on me a bit because it still looks very foreign to me, but the design is objectively very cool)

I love Lewa's mask as well, but it still feels a bit silly to hear something described as "objectively very cool", coolness being an inherently subjective descriptor. :P

Rats, I meant it looks cool regardless of the fact that it's so alien to me.

IetTsFQ.png

Since they literally just came out and haven't even reached all stores yet, I don't know why they would be anywhere.

Sets to new money released to sell sale will to do be so profits made though.

Why don't you go get some fresh air, then try that again. :P 

• Upvote 5

IetTsFQ.png

Dallior needs himself some more money... some of you may have disposable incomes, but I don't!

I literally have JUST ONE BIONICLE OF THIS YEAR. I need at least the PoJ, LoSS, Gali and Kopaka before I will be satisfied. (which could take at least 3 months)

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I got the PoF and PoW today. Target didn't have the PoJ, otherwise I would have gotten that as well. The PoF is an amazing parts pack, but the set itself is, as everyone suspected, meh. I like the chest armor design, and he looks very nice next to the other Protectors due to his body shape, but the weapons stink and the limbs are annoying, and the arms are plain ugly.

The PoW on the other hand is gorgeous, and also has some great parts (trans dark blue shells, trans light blue propellers, medium azure blue mask). She really looks like the embodiment of water, and is absolutely the most slender Protector. The weapon's two-handed nature may be a bit annoying to pose, but it looks very nice.

Edited by Dark Blue

IetTsFQ.png

I totally forgot about this thread.

So are we gonna actively bump this so it won't be locked and/or so someone wont have to waste the effort making it all over again come the summer wave?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So are we gonna actively bump this so it won't be locked and/or so someone wont have to waste the effort making it all over again come the summer wave?

Speaking of, I picked up all the new SUMMER sets from TRU yesterday. Anyone else seen them yet? Or are some people still waiting on the winter ones? :P

• Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I don't think BZP allows bump posts. If the thread is gonna die because it is no longer that useful, then it will. No great loss. It doesn't really take much effort at all to make a new one in the summer.

AXKP5KC.png

I don't think BZP allows bump posts. If the thread is gonna die because it is no longer that useful, then it will. No great loss. It doesn't really take much effort at all to make a new one in the summer.

This, basically.  There's no real point in trying to hold on to 11 pages of outdated information while we wait for something that's another 5 months away.  In the long term more effort would be put into trying to keep it around than would be in making a new one.

OpAXNpl.jpg

While obviously it would be silly to try to keep this thread around for the summer sets, I'd reckon it's worth keeping around for at least another month or so. The sets may be available in many stores in the U.S. and online in most countries, but in physical stores there are still whole countries in which they're yet to appear. I imagine by early February they'll be widely released across the globe, but for now having members keeping tabs on availability in their area is still quite important.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I was in TRU and there was this kid and he  was like 7 and he had a gift card of like, at least $50, andwas buying like 1 of  every Mixel there. He saw PoW and  was like, "Look at the big Mixel!" LOL He didn't get it though. His mom said it would be too hard for him. :(

cringe

UK UPDATE

All sets are now on the TRU and Tesco websites, and all the Protectors (except stone) are available in Argos stores. Don't know if anything's in stores for TRU or Tesco yet, but I intend to find out!

Edit: you can also order them from Tesco Direct, and have them delivered (for free) to a local Tesco store the next day!

Edited by Danska: Shadow Master

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!