Gen2 Vehicles

Xabla

How about a 'Boxor V2' piloted by an Earth villager who may not be officially named Nuparu but us older fans know he totally is Nuparu, and younger kids would think the V2 is just another jibberish number like 'Kaxium V3' or 'Ninja DBX', while we'd squeal in excitement totally getting it.

That would be cool, but they would have to have a reason to exist on the story. Maybe as villager defense against the Skull Spiders?

A tank is useless against insects, just like the Boxor would do note damage to the surroundings than the spiders. It worked against the Bohrok because individually, the bohrok could overpower the matoran, so the boxor put them on an equal footing. A boxor 2.0 would work when the villains are larger than the villagers, not smaller and winning by numbers. Like the Skulls, or an Attack of the Rahi story.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

How about a 'Boxor V2' piloted by an Earth villager who may not be officially named Nuparu but us older fans know he totally is Nuparu, and younger kids would think the V2 is just another jibberish number like 'Kaxium V3' or 'Ninja DBX', while we'd squeal in excitement totally getting it.

That would be cool, but they would have to have a reason to exist on the story. Maybe as villager defense against the Skull Spiders? 

Not exactly, the Race for the Mask of Life playset (which coincidentally, included vehicles) didn't fit into the story at all. Then there were all those tiny European promotional sets, and countless alternate/combiner models never given a story role.

But if you're going to have a full-blown set that isn't store-exclusive, promotional, or an alternate/combiner model, I agree it should have some storyline placement.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Not exactly, the Race for the Mask of Life playset (which coincidentally, included vehicles) didn't fit into the story at all. Then there were all those tiny European promotional sets, and countless alternate/combiner models never given a story role.

But if you're going to have a full-blown set that isn't store-exclusive, promotional, or an alternate/combiner model, I agree it should have some storyline placement.

Playsets, combination models, alternate models, and promotional sets are one thing. Mainline sets are something else entirely. Bionicle is a toy-based story, and as such you can pretty much guarantee that any widely-released set (particularly an expensive vehicle set) will be given a story role.

That's not to say that that's a hard thing to do at all. If Lego plans to release a vehicle set, you can pretty much guarantee that the story for that year will shoehorn in a role for it, or at least an explanation for how it fits into the story's universe.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah I can see it now. Some form of Bike shows up in the Temple covered in rust and moss. The Toa have no idea what it is so Tahu and Kopaka argue over who is going to try it first only for Pohatu to take the advantage and hop on while the two "children" are arguing, Onua having to pry them apart after Gali fails once more, all the while Lewa is just standing there leaning on his axes laughing at the bunch finally commenting on how Pohatu took the new contraption as his own. Tahu and Kopaka both look away while still being held by Onua to see nothing but a dust cloud as Pohatu rides off... Batman style.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah I can see it now. Some form of Bike shows up in the Temple covered in rust and moss. The Toa have no idea what it is so Tahu and Kopaka argue over who is going to try it first only for Pohatu to take the advantage and hop on while the two "children" are arguing, Onua having to pry them apart after Gali fails once more, all the while Lewa is just standing there leaning on his axes laughing at the bunch finally commenting on how Pohatu took the new contraption as his own. Tahu and Kopaka both look away while still being held by Onua to see nothing but a dust cloud as Pohatu rides off... Batman style.

The set would probably be called 'Pohatu Ultra Sand Bike' or something.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

The set would probably be called 'Pohatu Ultra Sand Bike' or something.

Even if it had a non-invented name, it would probably be something with a bit more flair. "Pohatu Desert Drifter", perhaps.

• Upvote 3

Well I could see the Toa or Protectors getting bike type designs.

Tahu / PoF: Lava Rider

Onua / PoE: Crystal Raider

Gali / FoW: Wave Runner

Lewa / PoJ: Swamp Cutter

Kopaka / PoI: Tundra Racer

Pohatu ? PoS: Desert Drifter

What do you guys think?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh please no more tech in bionicle (at least for a long time), I'd prefer they stick to simple weapons, besides motorbikes would feel so out of place.

No more tech? Hate to break it to you, but Bionicle has had "tech" since 2001, in the Mata Nui Online Game. Even if you limit it to just sets, vehicle tech has existed in Bionicle since 2002, with the Boxor and Exo-Toa.

I don't think standard motorcycles would suit the theme, but fantasy vehicles are nothing new to the theme, and since Lego Technic is limited solely to realistic vehicles these days, Bionicle constitutes the only theme that could offer subjects like that.

• Upvote 1

I'm more interested in "steeds" than in vehicles...but (without getting off topic), I'm more interested in large, dangerous creatures (Tarakava or Muaka?) to be side problems for the villagers, but steeds are also a plausible wish. I just want some non-humanoid creature that towers over the masters. 

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Oh please no more tech in bionicle (at least for a long time), I'd prefer they stick to simple weapons, besides motorbikes would feel so out of place.

No more tech? Hate to break it to you, but Bionicle has had "tech" since 2001, in the Mata Nui Online Game. Even if you limit it to just sets, vehicle tech has existed in Bionicle since 2002, with the Boxor and Exo-Toa.

I don't think standard motorcycles would suit the theme, but fantasy vehicles are nothing new to the theme, and since Lego Technic is limited solely to realistic vehicles these days, Bionicle constitutes the only theme that could offer subjects like that.

Yeah, agreed. Technic has changed since the earliest days of BIONICLE. It's become a lot more like what it was traditionally: a theme for serious-minded hobbyists with a keen knowledge of mechanical systems. There aren't nearly as many Technic sets that are as geared towards fantasy action play as the Competition/Cyber Slam sets of the late 90s. But from the beginning, the BIONICLE theme made space for these kinds of wackier sci-fi creations among its creature and vehicle sets.

I think it could continue to do so. And it wouldn't require it to let go of its legendary tone one bit. Even the Exo-Toa armor, a set of robotic mech-suits, were treated with a sort of mystical reverence back when they first appeared. For that matter, even the first appearance of the 2008 vehicles in the story was fairly awe-inspiring. The mysterious Codrex where they were discovered was almost less of a hangar and more of an ancient shrine, decorated ornately with both the icon of the Great Spirit and the masks of the original six Toa. As long as the story doesn't get overly technical in its descriptions of new vehicle sets, I think that mythic tone could be preserved.

• Upvote 2

I'm more interested in "steeds" than in vehicles...but (without getting off topic), I'm more interested in large, dangerous creatures (Tarakava or Muaka?) to be side problems for the villagers, but steeds are also a plausible wish. I just want some non-humanoid creature that towers over the masters.

Well I can get behind this idea but not sure I want something that towers over the Toa Okoto unless it was just in the animations. Due to price issues anything that comes out that's larger than the Toa could come with a hefty cost.

Onua.png

Well I can get behind this idea but not sure I want something that towers over the Toa Okoto unless it was just in the animations. Due to price issues anything that comes out that's larger than the Toa could come with a hefty cost.

While prices of sets have certainly increased over the years in terms of their relation to the sets' sizes, I think we've been blessed this year by not having any sets more expensive than $29.99 USD.

While prices of sets have certainly increased over the years in terms of their relation to the sets' sizes, I think we've been blessed this year by not having any sets more expensive than $29.99 USD.

Wait, where did you buy a $30 USD set? I don't think I've paid more that maybe $22 USD due to taxes for a single set...

Onua.png

Wait, where did you buy a $30 USD set? I don't think I've paid more that maybe $22 USD due to taxes for a single set...

He's talking about the Ekimu vs. Skull Grinder Set coming this summer.

He's talking about the Ekimu vs. Skull Grinder Set coming this summer.

That's what I was talking about. However, I suppose they could always pull a Takutanuva/Ultimate Dume/Voporak/Vezon & Kardas on us. Store-exclusive sets, as I recall, were not always announced before the summer.

While I agree that I'm glad the BIONICLE 2015 lineup is affordable overall, I would not mind some larger sets in the future for variety's sake.

Even I can tell that one's fake. Photoshopped Furno bike, anyone?

You can't take these things so seriously. ShadowWolfHount LIVES for these kinds of obvious prank images. :P

When did you became Captain Obvious to just murder the joke of "bionicle Gen2 sets in a nutshell" for all of us to speak in a joking way of how much this is so real and we would want 200 of them.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Guys I just found the picture for the first Gen2 Vehicle, Nuparu is coming back  :br:

When did you became Captain Obvious to just murder the joke of "bionicle Gen2 sets in a nutshell" for all of us to speak in a joking way of how much this is so real and we would want 200 of them.

Hey I think that is really cool and while perhaps misguided as a Gen2 Bionicle vehicle I kind of still would not mind buying one myself if I cad the burnable income. Even if it is just a poor photoshop of the Gen2 head and hands...

Onua.png

Let's have Takua & Pewku gen 2! :D

I second this movement.

That's one more person on my side than I usually have. But for the purposes of gen 2, would Takua have the elemental power of time? And would Pewku still be a crab or perhaps a different steed?

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Vehicles would be great! I loved the complexity of the vehicles in 2008 and 2009. I only owned Rockoh (which in itself is a tremendous build) but looking at instructions for sets like Axalara and Skopio leave my jaw agape. I would definitely buy a large vehicle this time around with my own money. 

I'd like for Onua, Kopaka, and Gali to pilot the vehicles so we can finally have 5 iterations of each Toa. :P

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg