Piraka Rap: What's your opinion on it?

Your Opinion on the Piraka Rap  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It and Free the Band were the best things about 2006.

I hated 2006.

So Brutaka and the story that took a turn for the darkest (the same story that so many people loved) were also bad?

Good to know....

Brutaka I'm meh on.

Taking a turn for the darkest was the worst thing to ever happen to Bionicle. Bionicle's darkness was a farce where they tried to have both grey and black and white morality exist at the same time and forced characters through massive personality shifts (usually to pretty much the same exact personality as one another) just to make them as dark and edgy as possible. It was this very manhandled darkness that brought the Piraka rap upon us.

So yes, that was a terrible, terrible thing. I far preferred the earlier years which were able to hold a serious tone without plunging into the abyss of terribly-written gritty grimdarkness. 

• Upvote 2

It and Free the Band were the best things about 2006.

I hated 2006.

So Brutaka and the story that took a turn for the darkest (the same story that so many people loved) were also bad?

Good to know....

Brutaka I'm meh on.

Taking a turn for the darkest was the worst thing to ever happen to Bionicle. Bionicle's darkness was a farce where they tried to have both grey and black and white morality exist at the same time and forced characters through massive personality shifts (usually to pretty much the same exact personality as one another) just to make them as dark and edgy as possible. It was this very manhandled darkness that brought the Piraka rap upon us.

So yes, that was a terrible, terrible thing. I far preferred the earlier years which were able to hold a serious tone without plunging into the abyss of terribly-written gritty grimdarkness. 

So Nuparu's love of tech was shared by his fellow Toa? And Onua was just as short tempered as Tahu? Pohatu became unsocial and isolated like Kopaka? 

Also, had Bionicle not become darker, we never would've gotten the Piraka (their sets were awful, but their personalities and dialouge wee amazing. For clone sets, they were far from clones), nor Matoro's sacrafice (which was MUCH better than Zane's. At least one of them was able to stay dead), Matoro's inner conflict as to whether or not Teridax's influence was pure (Into the Darkness), the deaths of the Makuta (ZOMG THEY KILLED ENEMIES IN BONKLE :o), etc.

• Upvote 2

So Nuparu's love of tech was shared by his fellow Toa?

How much did that even come up? In the comics, their lines could have been exchanged to equal effect with the sole exception of Kongu, and that's just because of treespeak. I didn't read all of the books in 2006, but the ones I did read failed to impress.

Also, had Bionicle not become darker, we never would've gotten the Piraka

Good. Their casual disregard for life and senseless incompetence and infighting was poorly-written and grating.

nor Matoro's sacrafice

Right, nobody ever sacrificed themselves before the plunge into gritty terribleness. That definitely needed to happen for sacrifice to occur.

Matoro's inner conflict as to whether or not Teridax's influence was pure

Inner conflict is also not unique to the later years of Bionicle, and if anything, Makuta's character got staler as the story dragged on.

the deaths of the Makuta (ZOMG THEY KILLED ENEMIES IN BONKLE :o)

I fail to see how this is a COMPLETELY AWESOME THING that completely and totally improved the story. Killing things is hardly the mark of a good story.

You're honestly not swaying me at all towards being a fan of Bionicle's plunge into faux-darkness. None of this sounds like it required terrible writing to achieve, and not all of it even sounds like an appealing aspect of the story.

• Upvote 1

So Nuparu's love of tech was shared by his fellow Toa?

How much did that even come up? In the comics, their lines could have been exchanged to equal effect with the sole exception of Kongu, and that's just because of treespeak. I didn't read all of the books in 2006, but the ones I did read failed to impress.

Also, had Bionicle not become darker, we never would've gotten the Piraka

Good. Their casual disregard for life and senseless incompetence and infighting was poorly-written and grating.

nor Matoro's sacrafice

Right, nobody ever sacrificed themselves before the plunge into gritty terribleness. That definitely needed to happen for sacrifice to occur.

Matoro's inner conflict as to whether or not Teridax's influence was pure

Inner conflict is also not unique to the later years of Bionicle, and if anything, Makuta's character got staler as the story dragged on.

the deaths of the Makuta (ZOMG THEY KILLED ENEMIES IN BONKLE :o)

I fail to see how this is a COMPLETELY AWESOME THING that completely and totally improved the story. Killing things is hardly the mark of a good story.

You're honestly not swaying me at all towards being a fan of Bionicle's plunge into faux-darkness. None of this sounds like it required terrible writing to achieve, and not all of it even sounds like an appealing aspect of the story.

1: Vahki and Boxors aren't made by some guy who doesn't like tech.

2: How dare VILLAINS disregard life? They should be more like the Toa, and cherish everyone and everything. Reidak was the only incompetent one (heck, even he was cunning, he just never took the time to formulate a plan), and infighting showed just how uneasy these beings were with everyone. Including themselves.

3: What's the difference between Lhikan and Matoro, I wonder. Oh right, Lhikhan died saving one character and was revived, Matoro died saving an entire universe and stayed dead.

4: Probably not, but it was a heck of a lot better than before.

5: He was still as cunning and devious as before.

6: With the exception of the Bohrok-Kal, Sidorak, Krekka, and Nidhiki, NONE of the main villain characters with personalities had been killed. 

Why is killing the enemies so important to you? Heck, why is death so important to you? Is that all stories are about to you? Death, death, death? There can't be a good story without death?

How dare VILLAINS disregard life? They should be more like the Toa, and cherish everyone and everything

You miss my meaning. Their casual disregard for life has far more to do with the desire to be grimdark and edgy than about being villainous. This is obvious, as the Toa and Matoran that year displayed the same trait. And everyone knows that the more you want to kill things, the more mature you are! Yay, good writing!

Oh right, Lhikhan died saving one character and was revived

He was revived after the gritty grimdarkness you so enjoy. Before then, he was most definitely deadity dead dead. You cannot whip out a retcon to try and trash the year it didn't happen in.

To the point of being poorly written. There's only so many times you can pull "yep that thing that was completely unpredictable was definitely accounted for in my plan" before it breaks suspension of disbelief. He was, essentially, a two-dimensional character whose only real role was to stand in the corner and pretend to do something important.

With the exception of the Bohrok-Kal, Sidorak, Krekka, and Nidhiki, NONE of the main villain characters with personalities had been killed. 

Point of fact: when your exception list for character deaths almost outnumbers the character deaths you're trying to make sound unique, your argument seems a little weak.

And again, what is with you and death? Why is it such a hallmark of a good story to you? Was Bambi ruined when he didn't kick the hunters to death? Was Aang's decision to spare the Fire Lord just the thing that destroyed ATLA for you? What's the big deal here?

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 1

The Piraka Rap was one of the things that sucked in bionicle. It was rather silly in comparison to other songs such as "Hero" or "Gravity Hurts"

I also found the sudden shift to a "darker" style in the Bionicle story extremely off putting and I can imagine many kids losing interest around 2006.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Why is killing the enemies so important to you? Heck, why is death so important to you? Is that all stories are about to you? Death, death, death? There can't be a good story without death?

How dare VILLAINS disregard life? They should be more like the Toa, and cherish everyone and everything

You miss my meaning. Their casual disregard for life has far more to do with the desire to be grimdark and edgy than about being villainous. This is obvious, as the Toa and Matoran that year displayed the same trait. And everyone knows that the more you want to kill things, the more mature you are! Yay, good writing!

Oh right, Lhikhan died saving one character and was revived

He was revived after the gritty grimdarkness you so enjoy. Before then, he was most definitely deadity dead dead. You cannot whip out a retcon to try and trash the year it didn't happen in.

To the point of being poorly written. There's only so many times you can pull "yep that thing that was completely unpredictable was definitely accounted for in my plan" before it breaks suspension of disbelief. He was, essentially, a two-dimensional character whose only real role was to stand in the corner and pretend to do something important.

With the exception of the Bohrok-Kal, Sidorak, Krekka, and Nidhiki, NONE of the main villain characters with personalities had been killed. 

Point of fact: when your exception list for character deaths almost outnumbers the character deaths you're trying to make sound unique, your argument seems a little weak.

And again, what is with you and death? Why is it such a hallmark of a good story to you? Was Bambi ruined when he didn't kick the hunters to death? Was Aang's decision to spare the Fire Lord just the thing that destroyed ATLA for you? What's the big deal here?

1: Yeah, that's exactly right. Seeing how far a writer will go = an obsession with death.

2: I've read every comic, and not once have I seen the Toa go on about wanting to kill anything. And if they did, they'd have the fancy title of Toa ripped away from them.

3: The Red Star exsisted FAR before that, so he was definitely revived before 2006.

4: I never said he planned anything. I said he was cunning, but he never planned, just went ahead and smashed stuff.

5: Exactly! I absolutely loved seeing a hole blasted straight through Dreadwing, and Matoro turning to energy.

#obvioussarcasmisobvious

Yeah, that's exactly right. Seeing how far a writer will go = an obsession with death.

How far I'd like to see a writer go is far enough to write a good story. I don't see how that is intrinsically linked with a casual attitude towards death.

I've read every comic, and not once have I seen the Toa go on about wanting to kill anything.

No, but they didn't exactly care too much about preserving life, now did they? Unless you somehow think Kongu collapsing a bridge into lava was done with the intention to stun.

The Red Star exsisted FAR before that, so he was definitely revived before 2006.

Again, you're mixing up your writing chronology. To my knowledge, the concept of the Red Star being a revival machine was thought up by Greg for the serials, not an aspect of the Red Star created when it was conceived. When Lhikan died, death in the Matoran Universe was permanent. It was a later retcon that led to him being revived.

I never said he planned anything. I said he was cunning, but he never planned, just went ahead and smashed stuff.

Okay, now I wonder just how much of the story you read. Makuta's entire deal was planning, at least in the later years. Everything was in his plan on the wall. He never thought on the fly, or was ever in any danger of losing. He was an obnoxiously poorly written planner.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's exactly right. Seeing how far a writer will go = an obsession with death.

How far I'd like to see a writer go is far enough to write a good story. I don't see how that is intrinsically linked with a casual attitude towards death.

I've read every comic, and not once have I seen the Toa go on about wanting to kill anything.

No, but they didn't exactly care too much about preserving life, now did they? Unless you somehow think Kongu collapsing a bridge into lava was done with the intention to stun.

The Red Star exsisted FAR before that, so he was definitely revived before 2006.

Again, you're mixing up your writing chronology. To my knowledge, the concept of the Red Star being a revival machine was thought up by Greg for the serials, not an aspect of the Red Star created when it was conceived. When Lhikan died, death in the Matoran Universe was permanent. It was a later retcon that led to him being revived.

I never said he planned anything. I said he was cunning, but he never planned, just went ahead and smashed stuff.

Okay, now I wonder just how much of the story you read. Makuta's entire deal was planning, at least in the later years. Everything was in his plan on the wall. He never thought on the fly, or was ever in any danger of losing. He was an obnoxiously poorly written planner.

1: And Greg did exactly that. He gave us a world with characters, both main and minor, and focused on them.

2: Just how many Matoran were on that bridge? None. How many power crazed Piraka who were about to rule the universe were there? Two. I think they'd've made an exception if the Piraka had fallen in, since they were FAR too close to ruling the universe.

3: Who's to say it hadn't been a revival device before Greg revealed it? It's like saying Teridax didn't have a name before 2008 because that's when it was revealed.

4: I was reffering to Reidak. You know, the black Piraka who couldn't be defeated by the same thing twice?

And Greg did exactly that. He gave us a world with characters, both main and minor, and focused on them.

He didn't give us a world. He wrote about a world others (including himself later) created. It wasn't a unilateral effort on his part. You seem very confused as to his exact role in the story-making process.

Who's to say it hadn't been a revival device before Greg revealed it? It's like saying Teridax didn't have a name before 2008 because that's when it was revealed.

I'm pretty sure Greg himself said it being a revival device was his idea for the serials. I can't find you the exact quote, but I am at least certain it wasn't in the plan when Lhikan died. When Lhikan died, for all intents and purposes of the story, his death was permanent, because no revival device existed in-story.

And unless you can prove that it was a revival device at that point, your argument has no standing, as it is based merely on a hypothetical.

I was reffering to Reidak. You know, the black Piraka who couldn't be defeated by the same thing twice?

Then your wording was confusing, as the original statement I quoted seemed to be pretty clearly referring to my comment on Makuta being poorly written.

And Greg did exactly that. He gave us a world with characters, both main and minor, and focused on them.

He didn't give us a world. He wrote about a world others (including himself later) created. It wasn't a unilateral effort on his part. You seem very confused as to his exact role in the story-making process.

Who's to say it hadn't been a revival device before Greg revealed it? It's like saying Teridax didn't have a name before 2008 because that's when it was revealed.

I'm pretty sure Greg himself said it being a revival device was his idea for the serials. I can't find you the exact quote, but I am at least certain it wasn't in the plan when Lhikan died. When Lhikan died, for all intents and purposes of the story, his death was permanent, because no revival device existed in-story.

And unless you can prove that it was a revival device at that point, your argument has no standing, as it is based merely on a hypothetical.

I was reffering to Reidak. You know, the black Piraka who couldn't be defeated by the same thing twice?

Then your wording was confusing, as the original statement I quoted seemed to be pretty clearly referring to my comment on Makuta being poorly written.

1: Just how many people on that story team wrote about the side quests of other characters?

2: Same goes for you. Until you prove it wasn't a revival device, your argument is also hypothetical.

3: Teridax also wasn't poorly written. At least he achieved most of his goals, was able to trick his fellow Makuta into their demises, and cast Mata Nui into a coma.

Just how many people on that story team wrote about the side quests of other characters?

I was specifically addressing your comments about him creating the world, which he very much did not. The world was created by the story team, which at times included him, but was never exclusively him.

Same goes for you. Until you prove it wasn't a revival device, your argument is also hypothetical.

Your argument is moreso. With no evidence of the Red Star being intended as a revival device before the serial in which it was, the burden of proof falls on you, I believe. Otherwise, it seems fairly logical to think it was probably a later addition. (That, and I'm still pretty sure Greg said something about coming up with it after-the-fact, but I don't even know where to begin finding the relevant quote.)

Teridax also wasn't poorly written. At least he achieved most of his goals, was able to trick his fellow Makuta into their demises, and cast Mata Nui into a coma.

And my character, Mary Sue, achieved all her goals through being perfect in every way! Isn't she just the most well-written character ever?

Your criteria for being a well-written character seems a little shaky.

Anyway, this has all gone marvelously off-point from my initial point that dark=/=inherently well-written. In fact, often, it feels forced, ham-fisted, and like an annoying attempt to cash in on those too "cool" for "childish" stories where notions of things beyond death and grittiness apply.

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 1

Just how many people on that story team wrote about the side quests of other characters?

I was specifically addressing your comments about him creating the world, which he very much did not. The world was created by the story team, which at times included him, but was never exclusively him.

Same goes for you. Until you prove it wasn't a revival device, your argument is also hypothetical.

Your argument is moreso. With no evidence of the Red Star being intended as a revival device before the serial in which it was, the burden of proof falls on you, I believe. Otherwise, it seems fairly logical to think it was probably a later addition. (That, and I'm still pretty sure Greg said something about coming up with it after-the-fact, but I don't even know where to begin finding the relevant quote.)

Teridax also wasn't poorly written. At least he achieved most of his goals, was able to trick his fellow Makuta into their demises, and cast Mata Nui into a coma.

And my character, Mary Sue, achieved all her goals through being perfect in every way! Isn't she just the most well-written character ever?

Your criteria for being a well-written character seems a little shaky.

Anyway, this has all gone marvelously off-point from my initial point that dark=/=inherently well-written. In fact, often, it feels forced, ham-fisted, and like an annoying attempt to cash in on those too "cool" for "childish" stories where notions of things beyond death and grittiness apply.

1: And Greg fleshed it out.

2: I was pretty sure of a lot of things. Notice how I said "was" and not "am". Most of the time, things you're sure of aren't exactly correct.

3: Yeah, because Teridax was flawless. He wasn't arrogant or anything.

Yeah, because Teridax was flawless. He wasn't arrogant or anything.

Arrogance is the laziest flaw you can slap on a villain. It doesn't give him more than two dimensions at most, and you missed the point of my example: your criteria for what makes Teridax a well-written character is flawed. His actions could be performed by any character, no matter how terribly-written, without any effect on them being well-written or not.

And again, you're using minutiae to drive away from my point that dark =/= good, or even well-written, and in my opinion, Bionicle's dark period definitely was not. It tried to have its cake and eat it too with morality, it caused tonal whiplash with the rest of the story, and it practically even forgot it was a children's toyline.

Note that I'm not saying the change in 2006 made it more mature, because it didn't. "Mature" isn't death and guns.

Note that I'm not saying the change in 2006 made it deeper, because it didn't. The characters had pretty much as much dimension to their personalities and actions as before.

I'm saying that 2006 plunged into grimdark edginess in an attempt to be cool, hip, and popular and, in my opinion, turned out completely terrible. As evidenced by the very subject of this topic, the Piraka rap, an attempt to cash in on the "edginess" of hip-hop culture. (Even though, as touched on elsewhere in this topic, hip-hop isn't actually about edge.)

• Upvote 1

The come up with it after the fact thing applies to Velika. The Red Star was intended from the beginning - all questions about Bionicle graveyards from 2003 onwards were given evasive answers. 

Also of note is the description in 2006 of Jaller's death and comeback - how horrible the experience was. In fact the revival of Jaller and Takanuva in 2003 shows that revival was always intended in Bionicle - in fact Greg admitted that Jaller was supposed to go to the Red Star and come back in the Mask of Light movie, but they changed it to make it more dramatic for the movie. 

And here's that quote...

Jaller was revived by Takutanuva rather than the Red Star simply because "there would be nothing movie-level dramatic about him beaming out and then beaming back in later on."

See here.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

I thought "The Piraka Rap" was sort of funny in its own way, sort of exploiting the whole 90's rap thing (at least, the music sounded like that to me anyway), but the lyrics made me cringe. I liked the 'Piraka, go Piraka' part, but I remembered it being not so.. well.. what it is in the video.

If it was an attempt at something funny, or an attempt to make the Piraka out as a real 'gang', then I guess it kind of worked, but in my mind it's always going to be that thing that I wish could have either been better thought-out or just replaced altogether. It has potential, but to me it just wasn't executed right.

Now, if someone did a remix.. I'd still probably feel the same way :P

I thought "The Piraka Rap" was sort of funny in its own way, sort of exploiting the whole 90's rap thing (at least, the music sounded like that to me anyway), but the lyrics made me cringe. I liked the 'Piraka, go Piraka' part, but I remembered it being not so.. well.. what it is in the video.

If it was an attempt at something funny, or an attempt to make the Piraka out as a real 'gang', then I guess it kind of worked, but in my mind it's always going to be that thing that I wish could have either been better thought-out or just replaced altogether. It has potential, but to me it just wasn't executed right.

Now, if someone did a remix.. I'd still probably feel the same way :P

Speaking of 90s rap, the "Piraka, go Piraka" part reminds me of Vanilla Ice rapping "Go ninja, go ninja go". Maybe that's why the skakdi are less intimidating to me than they would be to other people.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I voted "I loved it!" because I, as it says, I loved it! It's catchy. The song matches that darkness of the Piraka well. Makes them look like gangsters. I find that very cool. Ah, so much nostalgia.:D

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 3

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I voted "I loved it!" because I, as it says, I loved it! It's catchy. The song matches that darkness of the Piraka well. Makes them look like gangsters. I find that very cool. Ah, so much nostalgia. :D

I love it just cause it makes me laugh at the thought that Lego made a rap.

Let that sink in.

The toy company LEGO made a rap.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Watered down rap for kids "mata nui protect us", in all seriousness this really isn't something I'd lose my mind over, rap can be a lot worse I'll say that much, although I must admit it was a pretty pathetic attempt to be "hip and down with the kids yo!". 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

It's synonymous with "Bionicle" - when most people think of the line, the first thing they'll think of is the glorious Piraka Rap. This track was mind-blowing. A revolution, no, a REINVENTION of the Bionicle line that was only sub-par up until that point. Elemental heroes on islands fighting evil? Nah, maybe 20 years ago but kids these days live for THE HIP-HOP my brotha's, the Piraka perfectly captured youth desires and presented it to them with one of the most well-written songs I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. The composition demands your attention, as the sick hip-hop beat just pounces into the scene. The dank guitar and synth samples hit you right in the gangsta, making you wanna dance to the perfect rhythm and blast it in your vehicle. The bass is so dope that I can't even describe it without undermining its beauty. And finally, the lyrics are probably some of the most creative and poignant in rap culture. The flow is so sick and I can't help but wanna freestyle along with it yo. 

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Yeah, because Teridax was flawless. He wasn't arrogant or anything.

Arrogance is the laziest flaw you can slap on a villain. It doesn't give him more than two dimensions at most, and you missed the point of my example: your criteria for what makes Teridax a well-written character is flawed. His actions could be performed by any character, no matter how terribly-written, without any effect on them being well-written or not.

And again, you're using minutiae to drive away from my point that dark =/= good, or even well-written, and in my opinion, Bionicle's dark period definitely was not. It tried to have its cake and eat it too with morality, it caused tonal whiplash with the rest of the story, and it practically even forgot it was a children's toyline.

Note that I'm not saying the change in 2006 made it more mature, because it didn't. "Mature" isn't death and guns.

Note that I'm not saying the change in 2006 made it deeper, because it didn't. The characters had pretty much as much dimension to their personalities and actions as before.

I'm saying that 2006 plunged into grimdark edginess in an attempt to be cool, hip, and popular and, in my opinion, turned out completely terrible. As evidenced by the very subject of this topic, the Piraka rap, an attempt to cash in on the "edginess" of hip-hop culture. (Even though, as touched on elsewhere in this topic, hip-hop isn't actually about edge.)

1: He was arrogant to underestimate Mata Nui, cunning and ruthless enough to send his own kind to their doom, and cared not for the Matoran nor his own species.

2: The characters weren't two dimensional, as you claim.

3: The Piraka Rap was their only attempt at being hip.

• Upvote 1

Other; I don't like rap but I figured well it's Bionicle.  And then after listening to it I found it really annoying.   :evilmad:

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

I like it. When I'm occasionally in the mood for it. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I like it. When I'm occasionally in the mood for it. :shrugs:

That describes my relationship with most genres of music. 

When I'm in a good mood, I listen to Irish folk. When I'm feeling successful, I listen to jazz. Whenever I feel like I'm 2edgy2handle, I often sit down and listen to a song written for commercial purposes from almost a decade ago. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

It's not the kind of thing I would ever listen to for fun or add to my own music collection. It was cheesy, the lyrics didn't offer anything in terms of poetic meaning, and it didn't fit the Piraka or the 2006 story any better than the whole "street gang" theme used for that year's marketing did. The commercial aspect of the song didn't bother me, though. All LEGO promotional songs are commercial, but that is not an indictment of their quality.

I have nothing against rap as a genre, and to be honest it's rather depressing how dismissive some posts here have been simply on the basis of its genre (and sometimes on the basis of parts of the genre that this song doesn't even reflect). One of my big frustrations with the BIONICLE fan community is its failure to generate a lot of fan-created music, and that's not going to change if people are prepared to dismiss entire genres of music at the drop of a hat.

At least nobody has tried to claim rap "isn't real music" like they did back in the day. Though I do have to thank SPIRIT for giving me a laugh with that little blast from the past.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

What if Ludacris or 50 Cent did the Piraka Rap?

• Upvote 1

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

What if Ludacris or 50 Cent did the Piraka Rap?

Go, go, go, go, go, go

Go, Vezon, it's your birthday

We gon' party like it's your birthday

We gon' sip bicardi, 'cause it's your birthday

And you know we don't give a Karz it not your birthday

• Upvote 6

It was enjoyable in a so-bad-it's-good kinda way.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Yo, I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Kanye is the best rapper of all time! Of all time! He should've done the Piraka rap!

• Upvote 1

Byootiful. Lovely. GODLY.

AMAZING WORK OF THE HEAVENS

Byootiful. Lovely. GODLY.

AMAZING WORK OF THE HEAVENS

Yes, definitely. (Finally, someone who knows JonTron on this forum! *0* <3)

I know right! This wouldve put a tear in ol' Ronny Reagan's eye

• Upvote 1

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Guys, as much as I love Jontron, we're here to make fun of the Piraka rap, not spam a Bionicle Fansite with Jontron fanboy comments.

I just remembered, there's a rap battle game topic in G&T and there are people playing as the Piraka. 

• Upvote 2