Let's Play Kolhii

I learned to play Kolhii in real life. Quite fun but very painful. Here are the rules if you're interested:

~~~~~~~~~~

Kolhii:

Gameplay:

•Each team consists of two main players. A defender and offender. There can be any number of back-up players.

•A Kolhii Match can be played between 2 to 6 teams.

•A Half-Hour Practice Match can be played before the official Match.

•Each offender must score s greater number of goals within a 4-hour time for their team to win.

Rules:

•The Kolhii Ball must meet either or both the standard size and weight. 25-50lbs. Or 24-36" in Diameter.

•Players, both offender and defender, can only move the ball through kicking. They cannot grab or carry the ball with their hands. However, they are allowed to use the back of their hands to block the Kolhii Ball or create a ricochet. Any other part of the body can also be used for blocking and ricochet.

•If an offender or defender is physically hurt or too exhausted to continue, the game can be paused to change players.

~~~~~~~~~~

Have fun ^v^

wait, are we talking about, like, kicking a fifty pound rock around? at other people?

However, they are allowed to use the back of their hands to block the Kolhii Ball or create a ricochet. Any other part of the body can also be used for blocking and ricochet.

with the knowledge the projectile is 50 lb this sounds like an incredibly dangerous idea. :0

• Upvote 4

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

wait, are we talking about, like, kicking a fifty pound rock around? at other people?

However, they are allowed to use the back of their hands to block the Kolhii Ball or create a ricochet. Any other part of the body can also be used for blocking and ricochet.

with the knowledge the projectile is 50 lb this sounds like an incredibly dangerous idea. :0

If only we were armoured beings who are probably also a lot stronger than the average human.

• Upvote 2

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

What about the sticks? I thought there were sticks in Kohlii, or are you actually talking about Koli?

I call Kolhii with sticks "New-Age Kolhii". These rules apply to both, with the stick just being an extension of what you're capable of.

If only we were armoured beings who are probably also a lot stronger than the average human.

Actually the game isn't too hard. Dangerous, yes; but with practice it isn't impossible. Especially blocking with your hands.

Well, time to bust out the 'ol steel toed boots again.

And steel knee pads, chest plate, gauntlets, ... I should have put a uniform section.

• Upvote 1

What about the sticks? I thought there were sticks in Kohlii, or are you actually talking about Koli?

I call Kolhii with sticks "New-Age Kolhii". These rules apply to both, with the stick just being an extension of what you're capable of.

The rules you came up with definitely don't apply to both. Kolhii balls in the revised game are much smaller and lighter. Your "50 lbs" statistic floored me for a bit, because it seemed completely disproportionate with what "airstone" would supposedly weigh.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

On the bright side, steel Kanohi could easily become both part of the uniform and a nice way for people to make some money.

That would be cool, but your face might get flustered and sweaty from excising. 

bZpOwEr

"He came through the door, and greeted me with a steel toed kick to the face, but through my bloody grin, he knew I was happy."  

I'm somewhat glad that I don't get that reference. 

bZpOwEr

"He came through the door, and greeted me with a steel toed kick to the face, but through my bloody grin, he knew I was happy."  

I'm somewhat glad that I don't get that reference. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 2

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I don't know why a kohlii ball would need to weigh 50 lbs. Surely 10 lbs or 5 lbs would be more reasonable?

It says either, not both. You can just use a ball that's 24-36" in diameter regardless of weight. Or a small 25-50lb ball (for stick kolhii)

I played Kolhii my first time using a basketball filled with sand.

I just imagine playing with the BZP community and it's just a montage of me getting hit in the face repeatedly without being able to recover from the last hit.

(Now the reason why the infected Kolhii balls in MNOG spread disease quickly makes sense.)

I actually think BZP getting together to play would be great. Create our own local teams and have a local supply the kolhii balls.

• Upvote 1

I just imagine playing with the BZP community and it's just a montage of me getting hit in the face repeatedly without being able to recover from the last hit.

(Now the reason why the infected Kolhii balls in MNOG spread disease quickly makes sense.)

I actually think BZP getting together to play would be great. Create our own local teams and have a local supply the kolhii balls.

Then at one point we'd all head to the same place and get to hang out before the game... c:

• Upvote 1

|

Then at one point we'd all head to the same place and get to hang out before the game... c:

Ah, it would be so fun. There should be a BZP section for meetups and such. I can last a long time in a Kolhii Match so watch yourself ;) :D

Ah, it would be so fun. There should be a BZP section for meetups and such. I can last a long time in a Kolhii Match so watch yourself ;) :D

*montage of me getting hit repeatedly in the face over and over again in the final tournament game*

|

*montage of me getting hit repeatedly in the face over and over again in the final tournament game*

*and one of you accidentally nearly killing a spectator with a new move*

*gets hit in face, ball bounces off and nearly kills spectator*

|

Me:*peforms the Takua maneuver, ball goes out of control, almost hits someone of value to BZP* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (JK)

But seriously, there should be meet ups for this, this would be REALLY fun to do, especially with other people around.

Onua.png

Me:*peforms the Takua maneuver, ball goes out of control, almost hits someone of value to BZP* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (JK)

But seriously, there should be meet ups for this, this would be REALLY fun to do, especially with other people around.

Should we ask for there to be an official category for Kolhii games? Like how we have Bionicle Discussion or BBCs.

• Upvote 1

I would most likely be the decent-but-not-so-great player in this game.

Just like when I had gym IRL. Only for this game, I would gladly accept being picked last or not getting picked at all by a team...

...because I'd really rather not be crushed by a boulder...

In all seriousness, this would be a pretty decent game to play. Maybe for IRL games, one could use a giant inflatable beach ball instead of a boulder for the Kolhii ball. That way, only some and not all of the people get hurt.

• Upvote 1

Just like when I had gym IRL. Only for this game, I would gladly accept being picked last or not getting picked at all by a team...

In all seriousness, this would be a pretty decent game to play. Maybe for IRL games, one could use a giant inflatable beach ball instead of a boulder for the Kolhii ball. That way, only some and not all of the people get hurt.

I know what you mean. Took me a week to just get the ball to get off the ground.

Technically you can play with a beach ball. As long as it's 24-36 inches it fits within the standards for the ball.

• Upvote 1

In all seriousness, this would be a pretty decent game to play. Maybe for IRL games, one could use a giant inflatable beach ball instead of a boulder for the Kolhii ball. That way, only some and not all of the people get hurt.

I know what you mean. Took me a week to just get the ball to get off the ground.

Technically you can play with a beach ball. As long as it's 24-36 inches it fits within the standards for the ball.

That would be a good idea. How about a topic about games/events that have to do with Bionicle? (gaming, card games, sports, etc.) :D

Onua.png

Me:*peforms the Takua maneuver, ball goes out of control, almost hits someone of value to BZP* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (JK)

But seriously, there should be meet ups for this, this would be REALLY fun to do, especially with other people around.

Should we ask for there to be an official category for Kolhii games? Like how we have Bionicle Discussion or BBCs.

You guys should come to my city jk please don't stalk me. There's a nice old skatepark that's in too bad of shape for people to actually skate on. No one uses it really and all of the rails and ramps are gone now. It's probably a little under the size of a normal basketball court. It's great to play soccer on if you don't mind the loose asphalt everywhere.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

[remove wall of quotations]

You guys should come to my city jk please don't stalk me. There's a nice old skatepark that's in too bad of shape for people to actually skate on. No one uses it really and all of the rails and ramps are gone now. It's probably a little under the size of a normal basketball court. It's great to play soccer on if you don't mind the loose asphalt everywhere.

[/remove wall of quotations]

That would be good since I don't recall anyone to have played Kolhii on grass. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Yes, in MoL it looked like stone or compacted dirt. And in MNOG they just played in the sand in Po-Koro.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Yes, in MoL it looked like stone or compacted dirt. And in MNOG they just played in the sand in Po-Koro.

Each Koro used a different field:

Ga-Koro - Lily Pad

Onu-Koro - Loose Dirt/Gravel

Ko-Koro - Compacted Snow

Le-Koro - Mud and Grass

Po-Koro - Sand

Ta-Koro - Hard Stone

Ga-Koro - Lily Pad

Ko-Koro - Compacted Snow

Le-Koro - Mud and Grass

Po-Koro - Sand

Ta-Koro - Hard Stone

It would sure be something to play Kolhii on sand. You'd probably have to wear some eye protection to keep it from getting in your face. 

bZpOwEr

Ga-Koro - Lily Pad

Ko-Koro - Compacted Snow

Le-Koro - Mud and Grass

Po-Koro - Sand

Ta-Koro - Hard Stone

It would sure be something to play Kolhii on sand. You'd probably have to wear some eye protection to keep it from getting in your face. 

*ahem* Kanohi

Ga-Koro - Lily Pad

Ko-Koro - Compacted Snow

Le-Koro - Mud and Grass

Po-Koro - Sand

Ta-Koro - Hard Stone

Or have the sand compacted down into sandstone. :)

Ga-Koro - Lily Pad

Ko-Koro - Compacted Snow

Le-Koro - Mud and Grass

Po-Koro - Sand

Ta-Koro - Hard Stone

Or have the sand compacted down into sandstone. :)

"Turaga Onewa, we need another Kolhii field."

"Yeah, no problem, Hewkii. Bring in the steamroller!"