Year 60,000 Discussion

Makuta Miras

GM IC: Smackdown

As the timer on the Hau's activation ran down, unaffected by each impact, the Jaeger's right hand- the hand with the clearest shot at Smackdown- morphed itself into a plasmacaster, the firing end of the weapon embedded in the Jaeger's arm appearing in the palm. 

A blue aura of light began gathering itself around the plasmacaster.

A high-pitched hum filled the air, as the crackle and smell of ozone became distinct from the air.

And then just as one of Smackdown's fists lifted from the Hau's shield, the Kanohi deactivated-

Followed by a volley of plasma aimed towards Smackdown's torso.

GM IC: Darken

As the Kaiju took off, the turrets launched a number of shots at the fleeing monster.

GM IC: Plot stuff

On Xia, Stelt, and Zakaz, the news began ringing out. In newspapers, by word of mouth, by the radio, or in carefully-scripted letters.

The time to move was coming.

Metru Nui, and a whole new world, were waiting.

GM OOC:

Okay then, plot stuffs! (Yay) The Shatterdomes have now been notified of the plan for survival- which is, for those of you who didn't know, to go to Metru Nui and try and get everyone out of the GSR. Any Jaeger pilots who want to join on with the first expedition to investigate Metru Nui should go to the Zakaz Shatterdome. Any Artahka-affiliated pilots who want to go should ask the Carpathian to join the Artahka contingent of the expedition.

How would Proto be able to get there?

(And get a copilot, but that's a different matter)

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Which is why Oblitus chartered an airship in order to get to Stelt.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So... it's been a few days... When is plot stuffs gonna happen? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1. She doesn't have a Jaeger anymore.

Since it's been a decent while since that fight both IC and OOC, I'll generously say that you can consider her Jaeger salvaged and repaired. :)

2. I think I'll wait until the second expedition, if there is one.

There won't be a second one. The original idea had been to kick the plot off much earlier, but due to the rather dismal amounts of players we got, Scorp and I weren't able to do the set up stuff as quickly as we wanted to- which we would have been able to do with more players, not to mention that Dane leaving stretched us a bit thin, since he was meant to be in charge of the Kaiju. So as it stands, no, there won't be any more expeditions.

VBWj75sh.png

So... when is the expedition meant to be setting off? Things have been kinda quiet here lately. 

WHat does Proto do about his lack of copilot?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Not meaning to sound rude here, but I don't think I'm alone in waiting for some plot stuff to actually happen....

• Upvote 1

Just a heads up, but I probably might not be on much this Sunday, considering it's my mom's birthday and I'm going back up to NH for a week to visit my dad.

I also don't know what the internet situation up at his place is going to be like, so there's also the possibility that I won't be on much or even at all during that time. Apologies in advance to those waiting for me to post something.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know I've asked this before, and I don't want to sound pushy, but there hasn't been any real staff input in this game for quite a while now, despite the fact that we're pretty much all waiting for plot posts.

At this point, I'm seriously considering rounding up a few of the kaiju players and going off to blow something up while all of the pilots are stuck in staff-induced interaction lock. 

• Upvote 1

Last time I checked, I think both Miras and Chumpu were also scouting for someone to resume the GM duties that Dane left behind.

Chumpu and I had a discussion via PM a while back that seemed to indicate that I was a potential candidate for the job (though we'd still have to figure out a way to work around my lack of Skype, which I'm assuming is where the bulk of the GM discussion is), and I told him I was available for the position, but I haven't seen anything else from him regarding the issue since the seventh of July. Either way, the lack of a third GM could be part of the reason why there hasn't been any Staff Posts as of late, since they not only have to work under their original parameters, but also have to divide the Kaiju duties as well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I was under the impression that Artakha wasn't heading off until details with the other half of the expedition had been settled, so I wasn't really expecting posts from you. Seems like we're all waiting for Miras...

Hello.

I'm here.

For once.

Anyway.

I'll admit that I've kind of been forgetting about here in the last few weeks; I've just started school again and my homework load is already up from last year, so I'm a bit under pressure which is why I freely admit to having preferred to play other games instead of running my own game.

So, due to this increased workload, I've basically got two or three options- 

1. I can close the game to devote more time to doing the stuff I need to do for school. This isn't the option I want to go down, though, since I feel a lot of you wouldn't be happy with me if I did that.

2. Get more people on board to help GM. This is what I want to do, and it's what we need, I think, since I'm currently overseeing the whole thing, Ultimo's doing Artahka, but the Kaiju have sort of been forgotten since Dane left- even though he's technically come back as a GM but has done exactly nothing since then.

3. Try and make do as we are right now. Obviously, this is the hardest option for me, so I'd prefer not to do it unless the player base has gotten so small that three GMs are really too many to overlook a game with only four or five players.

Those are just my thoughts, though; feel free to suggest other avenues that we could go down to keep Y60K running. 

(Whilst you're at it, have some plot.)

VBWj75sh.png

Like I said previously, I'm both available and willing to help out if you need me.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Ultimo's doing Artahka, but the Kaiju have sort of been forgotten since Dane left- even though he's technically come back as a GM but has done exactly nothing since then.

Not sure how Dane doing nothing with the kaiju is really relevant to this discussion, to be honest. Pretty much all of the jaeger pilots are in the meeting with your character, and are waiting for you to post. 

I'm assuming Dane decided not to do anything with the kaiju until the plot started moving again...

Oblitus was going to pay for what he had done. 

Bring it on. 

Well, let's see... Oblitus fared pretty well against the Alpha last time... and his jaeger has undergone several serious upgrades since then, most of them geared specifically towards finishing what he started...

And considering all the Alpha's managed to do is heal from its previous injuries...

• 4 weeks later...

At this point, I'm seriously considering rounding up a few of the kaiju players and going off to blow something up while all of the pilots are stuck in staff-induced interaction lock. 

I am a man of my word.

Wait a minute... Isn't Sharky a Category 5 Kaiju, complete with all the perks/mutations that come included with said status?

Because if that's the case, he should've theoretically been able to mop the floor with Oblitus during their last bout, especially if the Jaeger pilot tried to engage him by himself. This means that he either got really lucky and did enough damage to prevent him from using them, or Sharky could've continued fighting a bit longer, but chose to pull an early retreat for some reason.

As for this:

hence why I said you'll probably win

I am very very bad at fighting in rping.

Except for Hellsend, I'm alright at playing him.

I don't consider this a valid excuse, Dane. I'm sure that if you take your time to think about what you're writing and try to phrase your posts in a way that could potentially limit your opponent's options, you'll start seeing better results. Like I said to Nato over in Panzer's Discussion Topic, interacting with another character is like playing a game of chess; you've got to try to anticipate what your opposition will do next, and improvise (within reason) when they pull off something unsuspected. While I can't guarantee that you'll have success 100% of the time, you'll probably walk away much more satisfied with the results of the battle, whether or not one of your characters ultimately ends up "winning." :)

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Just because something is bigger and more powerful, doesn't mean it's going to win.

In the case of this fight, Sharky was huge, and scary, with a formiddable array of powers, but he was also slow, and stupid, with no regard for tactics or strategy. That's why Oblitus gave him such a hard time, because he was smaller, smarter, and faster. 

Well, Oblitus still wound up having to flee. Things like that tend to happen when a kaiju drops a building on you.

Not all the time, no, but usually around 60% of it, excluding the inclusion of other various factors, which is why the word theoretically made an appearance in said post.

Tactics aside, I don't actually recall one of your characters ever being bested by one of Dane's anyway, Nato. Now I'm not saying that any of them should've realistically "lost" or anything like that, but from my perspective, it just seems like he's giving in just a little too easily when he should be thinking up additional ways to further prolong the fight in a reasonable manner, which probably stems from the fact that his characters don't tend to "win" that often. The point that I'm trying to convey here is that it's a little hard to view a character as a substantial threat (especially if they're supposed to be one of the toughest characters in the game) when the player behind said character practically hands you victories after a few posts here and there, and the RPG community as a whole should be encouraging him to break this trend instead of merely taking advantage of it.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Dane didn't hand me anything. After some lengthy discussion in the Skype chat, he actually handed Sharky over to Chumpu, who then proceeded to turn the tables on Oblitus.