Year 60,000 Discussion

Makuta Miras

I personally saw no mention of most of the population being dead, Nato.

Concerning the level of destruction present, the thing about cities is that most of them tend to be relatively big, which means that their inhabitants have a pretty large area in which they can spread out in and set up their homes. Since neither the Alpha, the Kaiju with him, nor the three Jaegers sent in to apprehend them remained entirely stationary throughout the duration of the battle, that leads me to believe that the fight could've realistically moved into another nearby area as well, even if it wasn't explicitly mentioned until the very last post concerning the event in question.

And to show off the difference a few simple words can have on a post, I've taken the time to make some revisions.

Original:

GM IC: Xia

At Sharky's cries, the horde of Kaiju began fleeing, bounding through the streets and slipping into the water, the cold currents from the Breach welcoming them back into the outside world.

The Xia the Kaiju left behind was not the Xia they had arrived on.
The vast majority of streets were torn up by battles between Kaiju and Jaegers, the somewhat questionable asphalt now cracked and unfit to drive on.
Many of the skyscrapers had been eviscerated, their uppermost extremities knocked clean off and the remains burning.
Entire neighbourhoods had been levelled.

A few Matoran and Vortixx, faces ashen and streaked with blood and tears, slowly made their way through the streets, some attempting to extinguish fires, others simply wandering, their lives and livelihoods swept away in the storm of beasts from beyond.

All were desolate.

All were silent.

More beings eventually began moving out of the rudimentary bunkers beneath buildings designed to save their lives in the event of a Kaiju attack, and looked around at the devastation around them.

They wept.

Edited Version:

GM IC: Xia

At Sharky's cries, the horde of Kaiju began fleeing, bounding towards the water as the cold currents from The Breach welcomed them back into the outside world.

The Xia that the Kaiju had left behind was not the Xia they had arrived on.

Streets had been torn up by battling Kaiju and Jaegers, their somewhat questionable asphalt now cracked and unfit to drive on.

Buildings had been eviscerated, their uppermost extremities knocked clean off as their remains continued to burn.

A few neighborhoods had even been leveled.

Matoran and Vortixx alike slowly made their way towards the carnage, some attempting to extinguish fires, others simply wandering, all confronted by the reality that their lives and livelihoods had been swept away in the storm of the beasts beyond as blood and tears streaked their way across their ashen faces.

Most were silent.

All were desolate.

More beings eventually began filing their way out of the rudimentary underground bunkers designed to protect them in the event of an attack, and gazed despairingly at the devastation around them.

The only thing left for them to do now was mourn.

As you can probably see by now, by changing a few words around (and doctoring it a little so that it fit my style of writing better), I have drastically reduced the damage inflicted upon the city while keeping the majority of the original post intact, which would've taken considerably less time if I didn't have to write it up again entirely from scratch (since the Copy/Paste functions on my PS3 don't seem to work properly for some reason). And for the record, Sharky could've just fallen back himself while letting the rest of the Kaiju proceed with the attack, which realistically would've overwhelmed the PC Jaegers and left Xia in an even worse situation, so the fact that the NPC Kaiju retreated at all was a testament to the effort the PC Jaegers put into saving their home.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I personally saw no mention of most of the population being dead, Nato.

Ahem:

In regards to the level of destruction on Xia, most of the city is heavily damaged; a lot of infrastructure is gone, a good chunk of the population is dead or missing. Just about everywhere on Xia has taken at least one Kaiju punch.

Concerning the level of destruction present, the thing about cities is that most of them tend to be relatively big, which means that their inhabitants have a pretty large area in which they can spread out in and set up their homes. 

From BS01:

Xia was a very inhospitable realm. The island was completely environmentally devastated, with every inch of the island not taken up by the Mountain covered in factories, warehouses, docks, and other buildings. There were no houses in Xia; all inhabitants slept near their posts, in case they were needed for an unexpected order. 

From the intro post: 

Xia's islandwide city has somewhat dwindled now, keeping close to the skirts of the Mountain and away from the shores for fear of Kaiju. What is left of the city is bright and hopeful, shining steel buildings towering far up into the sky. The streets are soundly paved, and, all in all, Xia is a good place to live.

So while the entire island may be covered in buildings and whatnot, the vast majority of them would be abandoned at this point. 

Since neither the Alpha, the Kaiju with him, nor the three Jaegers sent in to apprehend them remained entirely stationary throughout the duration of the battle, that leads me to believe that the fight could've realistically moved into another nearby area as well

I was the one who led the Alpha inland, and I made it pretty clear both IC and in the Skype chat that Oblitus was using empty warehouses on the very edge of the city for cover. While the battle may have moved from that location at some point, there was never anything IC to suggest that they had entered a populated area.

And with the exception of that one fight against the Alpha, every other jaeger versus kaiju fight during this entire event has taken place on the beach/shoreline - nothing has made it inland.

The GM post makes it sound as if the defences were overrun and that this was some kind of great kaiju victory, but from everything that had occurred IC up until that post was made, it looks like the complete opposite - nothing made it to the populated areas, the Alpha got beaten half to death, and only a handful of jaegers were defeated. 

That doesn't sound like a victory to me. 

If ever you needed motivation to fight, here it is.

I appreciate what the GMs were trying to do with this - and I'd love for this to be a kaiju win - but completely ignoring the facts of everything that had actually occurred IC isn't the right way to go about it. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, then...

Considering that I was somehow unaware of about 90% of that information (which I would almost find funny if it wasn't so pathetically sad), I really don't think it would make much sense to continue this debate.

Point made, Nato. I concede.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm starting to feel like I spend way too much time debating things on this forum... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Nope. That's a place not even I dare to go...

Name: Proto
Species: Vortixx and proud of it

Powers/Gear:Proto posseses a modified Earth Claw, which has a number of tools stored within it. The claw can be used as a regular claw, a more precise grasping appendage, and it has the tools you would expect in a high end Leatherman. A data uplink and digital storage capacity are also included, allowing Proto to retrieve his jaegers black-box data before ejecting.

List of inbuilt tools not mentioned above:

Needlenose Pliers

Regular Pliers
Wire Cutters
Hard-wire Cutters
Stranded-wire Cutters
Electrical Crimper
Wire Stripper
Knife
Serrated Knife
Saw
Awl w/ Thread Loop
Can Opener
Bottle Opener
Wood/Metal File
Phillips Screwdriver
Large Screwdriver
Medium Screwdriver
Small Screwdriver

Personality: Proto is extremely patriotic, believing that Xia has to grow, and in order to do that the Kaiju attacks must be repelled. In normal conversation, Proto is generally quite annoying, but knows his stuff extremely well in terms of documented Kaiju traits and combat strategies, as well as engineering.
Bio: Proto has always been a tinkerer. After he lost his arm when a Kaiju knocked down the warehouse he was in, he simply bought an Earth Claw and modded it to his specifications. Seeing the Kaiju attacks as limiting to Xia, he enrolled for the Jaeger program, though this far he has not been able to get a secondary pilot for his MK III Jaeger.
Appearance: Proto is of standard VOrtixx coloring, which his Earth Claw being black and silver. He is also of average size. He has a scar on his shoulder from the warehouse collapse.
Jaeger: Warrior Counter 
Jaeger profile: 

Jaeger nickname: Warrior Counter
MK: III
Kanohi: Kiril
Weaponry: A heavy plasmacaster on the front. Tiny pores in the armor can emit a neutralizing agent designed to counteract Kaiju Blue. The fists are reinforced.
Pilot(s): Proto and ---
Appearance: Warrior Counter is a large Jaeger, with spikes on the shoulder. The arms are lined with blue markings, looking like wires, The Jaeger is in whole mostly black.

Edited by Unicode

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Psht.

Some of the first posts I made on BZP were in S&T.

It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Anyone interested in being Proto's copilot for the Warrior Counter?

I can definately make changes if anyone wants.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Sure.

Name: Akada

Species: Vortixx

Powers/Gear: Akada is armed in a tactical orange/white blast suit, covering his torso, arms, and legs. It is made out of a spongy material that soaks up water easily.

Appearance: Akada is black with orange & white body armour, and green eyes. Just a tad taller than the average Vortixx.

Personality: Usually gritty. Akada has a weakness for croutons. He also considers Matoran the highest life forms and tries his best to defend them.

Bio: Akada used to be a merc of little importance until the Kaiju war, where he saved the lives of several Matoran. After that, he was awarded with his body armour and gave him a mild reputation across Xia. He currently seeks to help the Xia government any way he can. Most recently, he was brought out of somewhat hiding (although most everyone knew where he was) from the Kaiju attack.

Jaeger: None(waiting for approval & story interaction with Proto & Warrior Counter)

Edited by Ghidora131

What about Proto and Warrior COunter?

This would probably be why it hasn't been approved yet. 

This would probably be why it hasn't been approved yet. 

Oh. :P

Alright here's the deal. I know I said that I'm taking a break from rping, and I know this makes me look like an idiot. But, I only have one character in this RPG, and I think I can deal with just one. In other words, I'll be playing this RPG, but not others.

Alright here's the deal. I know I said that I'm taking a break from rping, and I know this makes me look like an idiot. But, I only have one character in this RPG, and I think I can deal with just one. In other words, I'll be playing this RPG, but not others.

Dude, deciding to simply cut down on your active characters instead of leaving the scene altogether doesn't make you an "idiot," and I think I can safely say that the majority of the people here aren't going to think otherwise. If you think that you can only handle playing one of them at the moment, I'm pretty sure that nobody's going to hold that against you.

With that out of the way, welcome back.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So is the Mark III Jaeger still trying to sneak up on Smackdown, or can I safely assume that it has already launched its attack?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Still sneaking.

Also, @Unicode- not approved for now; I need a specific list of the tools in the Earth Claw, and I'd like you to remove either the thing that counteracts Kaiju Blue or the insulation on the Jaeger.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

I'm starting to get the impression that Artakha is quite desperate for recruits...

Last I checked, didn't you have to apply for something to be featured? 

There's no point sitting around waiting for it to happen - if you want the game to be featured, go ask. 

Still sneaking.

Also, @Unicode- not approved for now; I need a specific list of the tools in the Earth Claw, and I'd like you to remove either the thing that counteracts Kaiju Blue or the insulation on the Jaeger.

FOr the Earth Claw:

Needlenose Pliers
Regular Pliers
Wire Cutters
Hard-wire Cutters
Stranded-wire Cutters
Electrical Crimper
Wire Stripper
Knife
Serrated Knife
Saw
Awl w/ Thread Loop
Can Opener
Bottle Opener
Wood/Metal File
Phillips Screwdriver
Large Screwdriver
Medium Screwdriver
Small Screwdriver
(COpy-pasted this(And took out a couple things) from the Leatherman Supertool 300, which is a fairly high-end multitool)

As for the Jaeger, I'm taking out the insulators.

Editing all this stuff into my post now.

Not really? It's not a weapon, just a multitool. 

Last I checked, didn't you have to apply for something to be featured? 

There's no point sitting around waiting for it to happen - if you want the game to be featured, go ask. 

Do you? I never asked for Corpus to be featured, it just popped up there one day. Guess one of the staff just took a liking to it maybe? :shrugs:

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Hm, I think I kinda worded that badly.

What I mean is that I assumed featured stuff fell under the same ruling as most news stories - it's got a far better chance of getting featured if someone actually tells a reporter about it. 

Hm, I think I kinda worded that badly.

What I mean is that I assumed featured stuff fell under the same ruling as most news stories - it's got a far better chance of getting featured if someone actually tells a reporter about it.

Has anyone PMed/harassed Gatanui or Aanchir to get their stuff featured before?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Found this in the Q&A topic:

Member creations that get featured on the front page are selected at the discretion of the Reporters. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions as far as what they like or do not like, and what appears on the BZPower front page is what the BZPower staff likes. 

Seems I was wrong. Feel free to go ahead and disregard/ignore everything I've said on the matter.