Jump to content

Recommended Posts

OOC: Mostly. He's gonna be so in-the-way Dumacc won't get a chance to shoot at anything else.


OOC: Pretty much. He's gonna be so in-the-way.


OOC: Pretty much. He's gonna be so in-the-way.

 

EDIT: why did it glitch out and repeat me several times, and splice my text?

Edited by Ghidora131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Guys, the cannon is blocking the hallway past the door. It's pretty big, so big that Dumacc was standing in the hall where Stringer/Stinger was going. I tried to make that clear when I had Vantal encounter it, but I guess everyone forgot. 

 

GM NPC DUMACC

 

Dumacc fired his cannon straight at Wolfe, ignoring Ghid Squid and Sarcen for the moment. 

 

GM IC ???

 

"Mene Vantal" got up, looking dazed. He resisted the temptation, however nice it might be, to shift himself a kryptonium blaster and blow the canon to bits. He would have to do this the old-fashioned way. He pulled out his sword, hoping the Heroes could draw fire long enough for him to actually do it that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Ghid Squidulus

 

"I SAID SURRENDER."

 

Ghid walked right up to Dumacc, still hiding behind his shield.

 

OOC: Are the cannons machine guns, or actual cannons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: It's a gatling energy cannon. If that helps. Like those Bionicle Protector six-shooters, except it's bigger and shoots energy. 

 

GM NPC DUMACC

 

"NEVER!" Dumacc shouted back. "Project Sunstorm will launch, even if I have to die to protect it!" He shuddered. He did not want to think about his friend who had been killed by the "Heroes", long ago, for stealing a set of rocket boots. The best he could do was make sure that never happened again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Echo - Wrecked hospital lobby

"Actually," Echo addressed her, "This guy didn't make it." With some effort, he managed to flip the body around for a few seconds so the other Hero could see the grim injury. Echo realized he didn't recognize her, so he ran a quick armor match sequence. The analysis returned a 97% armor match with one "Thumper, Eloise" (His equipment was a bit too precise as he hadn't had a chance to fine-tune it in his rushed deployment. The missing 3% was obscured by dust from the crash-landing.). "Would you mind giving me a hand? I need to move him a few kilometers from here so we can extract him along with the injured. Don't ask me why we're extracting dead. I'm just following orders."


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Striker: 

 

With a grimace, he tucked himself behind the door frame, really wishing Marcus had joined him this time.

 

Still, he had a job to do.

 

Pulling out his shotgun, he loaded a special slug.

 

Electric.

 

When fired, the slug was just that. once it impacted, however, it would send a storm of electricity out. Hopefully disabling the bots. He only brought the one, after all.

 

He poked the barrel of the weapon out of the doorway, and pulled the trigger.


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Eloise Thumper - Inside Hospital Foyer

 

Thumper jolted back in shock. She hadn't seen many dead in previous missions, much less dead Heroes. She glanced away from the sight. "S-Sure. I'm sorry, I just didn't think... They usually call me out for hard-hitting, you know? Not... dead Heroes."

 

After a moment's hesitation, she reached down and hefted the body over her shoulder. She tried not to think about it. Death, her team leader had told her, was something they had to get used to seeing in their line of work. But it always hit her hard to see a robot, the life gone from within them. She wasn't sure if she wanted the feeling to go away like it had seemed to for the veteran Heroes. It was an awful feeling, but it reminded her that these were once people.

 

A sensation like her fan belt twisting wrenched the pit of her tanks. She said, "Are... are the captured Heroes okay? No one else is dead, right? It's only this guy who's...?"


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Last I checked, all the ones on the ground floor where somewhere between the lobby and the kitchen, so if Crowley was hearing people walking around on the floor above him, he'd probably have a greater chance of doing so if he was directly under that part of the hotel, as there would probably be much more foot traffic.

I'm not saying that he couldn't have holed himself up somewhere else (implying that there are other civilians between the first floor and Striker's current position), but the ones down there would probably be generating much more noise, mostly since there's a large number of them all clustered in one specific area.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Is there a gap of any kind between the cannon and the doorway?

OOC: Yes, otherwise the door wouldn't be able to open and close. 

 

GM NPC CITIZENS/ROBOTS (NEAR STRIKER)

 

A couple of civilians saw Striker reload his rifle and ran away down the hall, out of range. The robots immediately concentrated their laser fire on the the rifle, even as the electricity surged from where this slug hit, causing robots to fall to the floor. A few more decided to follow the civilians' lead and run for it. 

 

The hallway had become a pile of deactivated robots, with Bulk somewhere underneath. 

 

GM NPC BULK

 

"Ow." The hero tried to get up, but given the electricity damage and the crush of the bodies, it wasn't exactly happening. 

 

GM NPC STRINGER

 

The hero cuffs holding Jimmy's hands crackled and hissed, slipping off the Hero's hands. The robot carrying its new prisoner had little time to react before a Hero's fist connected with his face. 

Name: Leighla Artemis

Character Type: Civilian

Job/Location: Leighla is a Field Reporter for the Universal News Network (UNN), and as such, chases down and covers breaking news as it happens, on location. Because of this, she is highly mobile, and rarely ever in any one location for an extended period of time, but as of right now, she is currently en route to Tranquis VII to report on the events currently besieging the planet.

Bio: Leighla's home world lies on the outer fringes of the known galaxy, and its proximity to its sun results in temperatures much higher than normal planetary conditions suitable for organic life to flourish. Because of this, all robotic inhabitants are designed to withstand the extreme heat of their surroundings (and by extension, are also highly resistant to most heat-based weaponry), at the cost of being much more susceptible to cooler climates on average, which is why she is rarely seen outside of her normal attire; a heavy parka and a set of matching boots and gloves (waiting on Fishers' approval for this section of the profile).

Leighla herself was constructed with her current profession in mind, but was let go from her former job after a segment of hers concerning political corruption ruffled one too many feathers back home. The piece did succeed in catching the eye of the producers of UNN, however, ultimately resulting in them offering her a spot on their news team, which she gladly accepted. When she's not actively out reporting, she can be usually found on her ship (profile will be attached when PC Ships become available), practicing a variety of self-defense techniques she had opted to learn after a very unfortunate incident involving a civilian stalker. While she knows that she'd hardly be much of a match against an actual villain (and actively tries to stay away from them as much as possible because of this), she's not above learning tactics that could one day possibly help her get out of a sticky situation, since the galaxy seems to be becoming a more and more dangerous place with each passing day. As a result, she usually displays an aura of calmness while simultaneously keeping her emotions in check, allowing her a certain degree of logical awareness during times of great stress.

 

Possible suggestions for if this gets approved; limit passive abilities to one per civilian, find some way to incorporate them into their bio/proffession, pick something that a Hero Character probably wouldn't attempt to use to their advantage 100% of the time during missions, and try to offset said ability by including a reasonable weakness to accompany it.

Sorry that it took so long to reach a verdict. As of right now, consider this profile approved. 

 

My reasoning for this goes as follows: 

 

1) This is a reasonable condition for the universe we are in; 2) that it does have a weakness to accompany it; and 3) that it is not really a power, but rather an aspect of someone's regular existence. In real life, we have people that cannot stand warm climates and cold climates. 4) The way you describe it almost makes it sound like a disability. (Disabled civilians are allowed - there are no rules against those.)

 

However, please make note that Tranquis is, in fact, a very warm desert. I don't think she needs to go around this planet in a parka - she would probably just need a jacket. :)

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Ghid Squidulus

 

Now that the cannon was momentarily taken care of, Ghid  rushed forwards, attempting to slam into Dumacc.

OOC: Which door did the net go on? if it's the one they came from, i'll edit.

Edited by Ghidora131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Hmmm... Does the cannon have any semblance of programming?

Edited by Toa Onaku

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC DUMACC

The cannon banged on the ceiling...causing a power-draining net to start to fall, slowly, over the doorway. 

 

IC: Saracen Rune - Enemy Base Entrance.

 

Just when he thought he had a shot lined up on Dumacc, he caught a glimpse of something hot and bright descending from almost directly above him. He flew forwards and turned around, switching off his thermal vision to get a better view of what was going on.

 

"There's a net blocking the way we came in," he barked into his comms, "and it doesn't look like the sort that can be easily removed." 

 

OOC: Last I checked, all the ones on the ground floor where somewhere between the lobby and the kitchen, so if Crowley was hearing people walking around on the floor above him, he'd probably have a greater chance of doing so if he was directly under that part of the hotel, as there would probably be much more foot traffic.

 

OOC: Wait, where are you getting above from? I assumed all of the civilians were crowded in the lobby, leaving the rest of the ground floor quiet and empty. Crowley slunk into what he thought was an empty structure, but as he neared the lobby, he realised there were still people inside. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Echo - Wrecked hospital lobby

"I don't know." He answered briefly with a slight shrug. Using the wireless Hero uplink channel, he sent Thumper the extraction point coordinates and began trudging towards the hole in the wall where the door had once been.

 

OOC: Those coordinates are uploaded to all Heroes in the area, by the way. Or anyone who can receive a signal right now anyway. Not sure how good the reception would be underground,


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Ghid Squidulus

 

After the shot was fired, Ghid placed his shield and himself directly in front of the cannon, intending to follow it everywhere it turned, as he shoved as hard as he could. Dang robot, i hope it fixed the shield well enough...

OOC: Wait, wasn't Saracen beyond the door and net? he flew forwards, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: If he did that, he would be able to squeeze past the cannon into where Dumacc was. I intended the thing to be a little big for that, but I suppose the cannon is a round peg in a square hole. *goes to edit*

 

GM NPC DUMACC

Ghidora's manuever smashed the net into the front of the cannon, draining the cannon's power supply into the net.

 

The net, however, was clearly not designed to withstand the power supply of a fully loaded cannon. It burned up, leaving his shield rather hot.

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC DUMACC

 

Dumacc pulled out an energy pistol to shoot at Sarcen, and started firing. He would have used his machine gun, but he didn't want to risk damaging the cannon.

 

IC: Saracen Rune.

 

"Ugh..." he cried out, an energy bolt tearing across his shoulder. He switched back to thermal vision, and opened fire at the tunnel ceiling, hoping to create a cloud of dust between him and Dumacc that would hopefully prevent the villain from getting a clear shot. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC DUMACC

The ceiling above Sarcen wasn't dirt...it was plaster. And metal.

 

Still, the plaster dust between the two was pretty bad. Dumacc coughed. "You Heroes always make a mess." Growling, he began to lift the cannon off the floor, trying to crush Sarcen between the cannon and ceiling.

 

NPC FURNO

Furno arrived back at Hero Factory, heading to lockup with his two captives. "I'll be back in a few minutes," He said to Jade.

 

GM NPC ZIB AND QUADAL

 

"Rocka's condition is stable," the medical examiner said. "We're still doing repairs on his leg. He should be back up and running within a couple of days."

 

Zib nodded. "Good."

 

"He has a message for you, sir. When he was controlled by a brain, the brain imparted some knowledge to him. Something about a huge weapon on Tranquis called Project Sunstorm."

 

"We already know about that," Zib said.

 

"The brains were looking to steal control of it for themselves. They wanted to find out more about something called "the galactic conspiracy" and us them to destroy us."

 

Zib thought about that. "Put that on file with Villain Research, and make sure you cross reference that with the data we just swiped from Karter's mind."

 

It was then that Quadal tapped Zib's shoulder, dragging in a research file. "Now what is this, Quadal?" Zib said. "Mene Vantal? How is that relevant to anything?"

 

Quadal tapped the screen, and instantly Mene Vantal's voice filled the room from his transmission from the comm tower several hours ago. "I didn't assign that Hero to that planet," Zib said. "He's been missing for years. What?"

 

Quadal dinged, pointing to a file Abacus had just uploaded, a record of Mene speaking with someone named "Fravi". Zib ran a search through the database. There was no one named Fravi anywhere, not even among the call center operators.

 

Zib grabbed the com. "Abacus, do you read?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC DUMACC

"You Heroes always make a mess." Growling, he began to lift the cannon off the floor, trying to crush Sarcen between the cannon and ceiling. 

 

IC: Saracen Rune.

 

Not for the first time, Saracen was glad he could fly. It added an entire extra dimension to movement in a fight, and in a situation like this, that was exactly what he needed.

 

As the cannon swung up towards him, he swerved out of the way, pressing up against the wall until the barrel passed him, then flying under and around it, hoping to circumvent the weapon and get behind Dumacc. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

GM NPC DUMACC

 

Dumacc fired his cannon straight at Wolfe, ignoring Ghid Squid and Sarcen for the moment. 

 

IC Wolfe [Enemy Base Entrance]:

The energy bolt from the cannon struck Wolfe square in the back. The Hero grit his teeth to keep from crying out in pain, and lost his grip on the edge of the hole in the process. He fell with a sickening thud, flat on his back, disoriented by an energy surge in his core that, oddly, both refreshed and pained him. It was like going through the Quaza Chamber longer than a Hero was built to withstand.

 

With some effort, Wolfe pushed himself into a sitting position against the wall -- as out-of-the-way as he could manage -- clutching his core and wishing the pressure in his chest would subside.

 

OOC: I'm guessing that's what a single shot would do??

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Ghid Squidulus

 

"AHH!!!" Ghid flailed his now-hot shield arm around in the air in a frantic attempt to get it to cool down as it cooled at its own rate and slowly began to fuse with his arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Location: Hospital - Office with hole

"Affirmative. What is it?" Jimmy responded to Zib's inquiry, keeping out of any possible line of fire of the cannon.

Edited by Toa Onaku

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I'm guessing that's what a single shot would do??

OOC: That's about right. 

 

GM NPC DUMACC

 

Dumacc let the canon down, half-hoping that it would crush the hero, but knowing that it probably wouldn't. He pulled out his machine gun and prepared for the worst. 

 

GM NPC ZIB

 

"Abacus, I got your communication file from Tranquis about the Hero who unlocked the communications for us." Zib whispered, flashing "Mene Vantal" 's face in case Abacus couldn't remember that detail. "I don't have a Fravi in the database anywhere. Also, he's a missing hero from very long while back - he went on a mission to Valos XVII and never returned, and we got a death signal. We investigated, but we never found his body or who killed him."

 

"Did you get a chance to read his mind?" 

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Location: Hospital - Office with hole

"Yeah... about that." Jimmy began transmitting text messages to Zib's screen, which were as follows:

JimAbaF73: Subject 'Mene Vantal' possesses no mechanical mind to be accessed.

JimAbaF73: It was just emptiness.

JimAbaF73: Doubt he's an actual robotic lifeform any more, if it's really him.

JimAbaF73: Any idea what it might be? 


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: *Invasion of the Body Snatchers theme*

IC Wolfe [Enemy Base Entrance]:
Seeing the cannon's incoming barrel out of the corner of his eye, Wolfe threw himself into a sideways roll towards the opposite wall. Quick as he could, he sat up, kneeling on one knee, and drew an electric arrow, aiming it right at Dumacc. "Now hold on for a second," he grunted, still feeling the effects of the energy bolt, "I don't want to hurt you... I just want to talk."

Perhaps a respite would allow him enough time to recover.


Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Does the floor that separates the first floor and the underground tunnels have any special properties?

 

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Location: Hospital - Office with hole

JimAbaF73: Alright, but he might not let me get close enough to do it.

JimAbaF73: He may start to suspect ulterior motives from me.

JimAbaF73: Anyway, going to see if I can't take an indirect approach to this doorway cannon situation...

With that last message, Jimmy began cross-referencing the layout maps of the hospital's first floor and the floor right below it, finding a place on the first floor right above the door way.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Does the floor that separates the first floor and the underground tunnels have any special properties?

OOC: No, other than the fact that the top of the facility is made of metal to reinforce it against earthquakes and the like. There might be springs. 

GM NPC DUMACC

 

"This is private property," Dumacc snapped, "and you're trespassing."

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...