Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Scourge (cloaked)- Mechron city police station

 

Scourge had almost gotten to the opening when it's progress was halted by the armored hero grabbing onto it's leg, nearly ripping it off the wall. The insect legs held, but they probably wouldn't last too much longer holding this much weight. Unfortunately for Thumper, Scourge still had the gun it used to blow out the skylight, and bullets hit quite a bit harder than sedative capsules, especially at point-blank range. Scourge aimed the gun at the hero clinging to it's leg, and fired. Given the circumstances, the hero had two choices: Let go, or be shot in the face...

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the Cargo ship

 

"You've already shown that you can hold your own in a fight, so you'd be very useful, though we should probably stick to our assignments... Actually, a freed beast I had Breez speak to earlier said that the brains are coming from somewhere in the ocean, so you and Furno might want to keep an eye out for that."


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Sigh. Alright, I have nothing to do with the Strangely Teleporting Kavok Quake. I thought I made myself clear, but it seems I have not. 
 

GM IC TRAFEROUS
 
"I've actually used it many times." Traferous said to Kavok, setting the cooridinates to his destination for the distraction.
 
He then turned to address the two villains, looking out over the city. From his vantage point, he could clearly see most of Mechron City. 
 
"Right there, just by the space port" - he pointed this out with a clawed hand - "is the Mechron police station. I'm here to destroy some of my competitors' property tonight, but that's not too terribly important. What is is distracting those police bots. I'm going to have enough trouble doing what I'm doing without bringing down the entire Mechron police force down on my head. Even for someone with my abilities, I prefer to appear to be law-abiding."
 
He grinned deviously for effect. 
 
"Kavok, you mentioned that you wanted radioactive materials. Underneath that police station...there's a vault of them from when Meltdown visited the place sometime back. The basement area where that is stored will also leave you with access points to place your bombs, and a hallway that goes to the spaceport - that's how Meltdown got it there in the first place. What you decide to do with all of that - that's up to you."
 
"Night Stalker, what I need you to do is to break into that police station and kill some of them, and lead them on a chase to the other side of the city, over there. I'm sure you can improve on that plan somehow - the point is to have at least a little fun. When you're done, meet me at the spaceport - I've already arranged for 78 to come and fly us out. If you can't get there, or it got destroyed, or something, just go in the direction of the biggest explosion."


GM IC TRAFEROUS
 
"Alright," Traferous said, walking over to the teleportation pad he was standing on. In a few moments, Night Stalker, him, and Kavok left...but alas, to different places. 
 
Traferous himself was not far from a big and impressive office building. He smoothly shapeshifted himself into his traditional disguise - the standard, boring, male civilian model. His palm concealed a laser device from Karter's old robots back on Tranquis, which he was certain he would need. 
 
Time for some fun. 
 
GM IC KAVOK QUAKE
 
Kavok would find himself in the middle of an abandoned alleyway, with the entrance to the underground tunnels Traferous mentioned on his right. 

 
GM IC NIGHT STALKER
 
Night Stalker would find himself in an eerie blue-lit hallway filled with creepy statues. He was between two of the statues, and thus out of view of any civilians working the front desk. But not for long...

 

Alright. So Kavok Quake should have started there. With that in mind, it would not be out of hand for him to go around the police station to attack if he wanted to (disobeying Traferous' plan, not that he would care too much, that's Kavok's loss) OR to go underground to plant charges to blow up the police station from below. 

 

So I think he's underground right now, and planted a bomb underground to do something at the entrance, and then is going back to the radioactive vault. That would be fine EXCEPT for what Nato pointed out - I do decide whether the vault exists or is a story Traferous made up. Also, your posts aren't clear WHERE Kavok Quake is. 

 

So masterchirox, where is your character? 

 

Also, vault post nulled, and the one where you were talking to Traferous nulled too, because that doesn't make any sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

IC: Dorothy Quark - With Wolfe and Night Stalker

 

Up ahead, she could hear the chaos being wreaked. There was a second explosion further off, but the immediate danger was right here. She contacted Thumper quickly as they arrived on scene. "Thumper, is your friend still there? Give him my coordinates, but tell him there was an explosion nearby that needs Hero backup. Have him get help to cover that."

 

"He, uh, just left. But he's headed for the other explosion- we didn't know if it was in the same place as you or not."

 

"He's going alone?"

 

"Uh huh. I'm sure he'll call Hero Factory on the way, though."

 

"... Place a call to them, just in case. Inform Hero Factory of our recent developments."

 

"Sure, Quark. Be careful, okay? Thumper out."

 

Quark hung up, then proceeded to shout at the villain, "This is Quark, from Hero Factory! Stand down and surrender yourself for arrest now or I will use force!"

 

OOC: Ok, I'm back.  I've been away at some relatives' house so I wasn't able to get on for a while, but now i'm home.

 

IC: Night Stalker

 

Oh, the Heroes were here.  Now the real fun would begin.  He turns around and sees Quark and Wolfe on the other side of the street.  He starts to raise his arms in surrender, but when his blaster is pointed at the heroes he opens fire, firing a gas bomb and energy blasts at the duo.  He starts moving as well, backhanding a store window with his hammer and ducking inside for cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: 

Additionally, I'm not a hundred percent on just making new places without the consent of the GM- I'll admit, I'm not sure exactly how that works. This feels like the sort of thing you should probably check over with Fishers- is there a way for Kavok Quake to access an underground tunnel? Where are the radioactive materials being stored? Are they out in the open, or in a vault? 

To answer these questions more directly, they are in an underground vault underneath the police station. That underground area is accessible via an alley way door. They are under the police station. To get there, he would need to exit the police station and enter through that door. 

 

I'll just say this: whoever made that tunnel made it with the express intent of destroying the police station. There is spaces where bombs could be planted in there to destroy the station. The radioactive materials in question do exist down there in order to power the bombs to destroy it. 

 

However, I'm not going to write an IC of him discovering them since apparently this character cannot follow directions. I agree with Nato that his odds of punching a hole to that area from a point near the door is pretty slim with just a gunpowder bomb. 

 

The only post that probably needs editing is the one where I said something about using bombs (I guess it's just out of canon now). The bombs use gun powder and the idea is that the fumes from the fire will hopefully be breathed in by someone. And you ended your post by saying "she had grabbed the doorframe as leverage to hoist herself up into the traditional beginning move of the Huracanrana.". So unless there's been a mistake you haven't performed the move yet. And I'm pretty sure if you were to grab a doorway and pull up on it it probably would make a sound. 

 

This is correct - that post has been nulled. Thumper can make that attack if you don't get your character out of there, but you certainly can - just not that way. 

 

OOC: Fishers said it was there, but did she say it was accessible from outside the police station? Did she say if it was stored in something safe or just lying around? I mean, it being unguarded is reasonable since surely the police officers would get rid of it if they knew, but we don't know that it's directly under the front lawn. Also, from foggy memory, I don't think the police station has much of a front lawn to begin with, if any. But I'm sure Fishers will be around to yay or nay that stuff, so we'll leave that for now.

OOC: It's not under the "front lawn" - it's near the middle of the station for obvious reasons. There aren't any lawns here - we're near a spaceport in the middle of the city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Aw jeez this is just all a tangled mess now. See, Fishers, we kind of moved on- the only place we knew Kavok Quake to be for certain was "not there", so Thumper's currently wrasslin' another villain. I nulled my own post because it was no longer viable. I have no idea where this leaves Quake. I've caused the HF RPG to collapse under its own time stream in this corner of the universe D:

 

Also, I thought there wasn't a front lawn. The Quake post seemed to suggest there was, but from what I remember of the episode the police station was featured in, it didn't seem to have much if anything out front. Still, I don't think we saw much of the front of the building, so I could have been wrong at that time.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I have returned... yet I have no idea what to post on which of my characters.

 

OOC: How about...
 
GM IC NIMUS ARDOR (LOCATION: TRANQUIS VII) 
 
Nimus would, after much time that we will infer as his journey (lame), arrive in the city of Tranquis. There, he would be faced with two options. 
 
One, by far the easiest option, was to just go to the nearest communications tower and radio Hero Factory to get him off planet. 
 
Two, he could visit the underground storage bunker underneath Tranquis' hospital and maybe get enough supplies to build a ship to get him off the planet, or fix the one that crashed. 
 
He might also be interested in investigating what had gone on since the Heroes' mission there, but that would likely be subordinate to the other two options. 
 
He would also notice a rather large solar array on his way in - a parabolic mirror. Presumably, it generated power for the city beyond. 
 
OOC: Or prehaps...
 
GM IC CAPTOR (TRAFEROUS' SHIP'S LOBBY)
 
Captor would have seen two beings (Dr. Lie and Crowley) emerge from one secret passage on one side of the corridor and enter another. Perhaps he could enter the passage they had just left?
 
Or would he like to go up the stairs, where Traferous had gone? He also had access to the hangars on either side, so he could steal a ship...
 
OOC: Abacus and Titanos are at the Hero Factory, so they can go anywhere. 
 
---------------------------------------------
 
GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (3 - NEAR FERRO/FLOOD)
 
All of the beasts in the cockpit flew out the broken windshield and fled. 
 
GM NPC FURNO (ON DECK W/BREEZE)
 
Furno fired a shot at the fleeing Flyer beast, freeing it. 
 
----------------------------------------------
 
GM NPC POLICE OFFICERS (NEAR QUIVER)
 
The police officers scrambled up whatever weapons that weren't destroyed by Night Stalker and fired standard bullets at Scourge. One pulled up a chunck of the ruined desk and threw it at the scorpion in frustration. 
 
GM NPC DRAX
 
Drax fired at the scorpion. "Get away from that thing!" he told his men. "The gas has dissipated by now. Get over here!"
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
GM IC TRAFEROUS
 
"Yes, I should be going now," he said. "Hope you manage to catch him."
 
He turned around and walked away, making a right turn at a nearby building toward where the residential district was. Once he was out of view, and made sure that the Hero wasn't following him, he would shift into something more useful.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
GM NPC NEX
 
Nex, who had slipped onto Drift's ship, looked up from checking his Herobook. "Uh, yeah, he just almost saved Epix."
 
GM NPC DANIELA CAPRICORN
 
"And another successful save for the Hero Factory." Daniela said, "Albeit a very narrow one. Let's hope Mr. Makuro backed up his plans! But thanks to the brave warrior Epix, the galaxy is now a much safer place to be." 

OOC: Aw jeez this is just all a tangled mess now. See, Fishers, we kind of moved on- the only place we knew Kavok Quake to be for certain was "not there", so Thumper's currently wrasslin' another villain. I nulled my own post because it was no longer viable. I have no idea where this leaves Quake. I've caused the HF RPG to collapse under its own time stream in this corner of the universe D:

 

Also, I thought there wasn't a front lawn. The Quake post seemed to suggest there was, but from what I remember of the episode the police station was featured in, it didn't seem to have much if anything out front. Still, I don't think we saw much of the front of the building, so I could have been wrong at that time.

OOC: Hang on. I need Chirox to clarify what he's doing with his character, where he is. If he's in the police station still, I might have to null yours AGAIN. If he left, it will be fine. 

 

*rubs face to relieve massive headache*

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

Suspicious though he still was of the strange civilian, he couldn't follow her even if he'd wanted to. With still no sign of the city's emergency services anywhere, it fell to him to keep the blast site secured until they arrived. 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Anamnesis - Hero Factory.

 

It was strange, being paralysed like this. He was dimly aware of noise and movement around him, but couldn't spare the juice to take any of it in. He knew he'd been defeated, but couldn't dig into his memory banks to figure out how. He could barely recall his purpose, his mission.

 

All he felt was an all-consuming anger at Hero Factory - the corrupt, debased tower of hypocrites who'd deprived him of his revenge. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

Traferous waited. There was no sign of the Hero. But there was no sign that the Hero had left either. 

 

In the distance, the female civilian heard sirens. Traferous smoothly shifted to an all black version of his female form...then to an ugly, all black garbage worm. These nasty critters normally roamed the city's sewers, but it would not be out of place for one of them to look for wreckage to devour.

 

Revolted, he began slithering around the block, hoping to approach the hero from behind and avoid attention.

 

GM NPC MECHRON EMERGENCY SERVICES

 

A fire truck and an ambulance pulled up. "We got a call about a building explosion from a civilian who was a janitor a couple buildings over," one of them said, addressing Saracen. "Do you know of anyone in this building we should be looking for?"

 

The rest fanned out with flashlights, looking for survivors. Or the dead.  

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Seems like this part of the city's been pretty empty," he reported, "I only ran into one witness, and no one else has shown up to investigate the blast, so I doubt anyone was inside." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Alex Drift - Spaaace!

"He's not even on the ship?! Blast it, I can never keep up with those cloaking doo-dads. He'll just have to hitch a ride with Epix and Stormer and whoever else we left down there 'cause there's no way I'm going back for him right now."

 

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B

There had to be some way to move that villain... he wasn't about to bring Sharp and Flak down until their hunter was safely locked away in a villain containment unit. Maybe they had some sort of gravity-lifter device in the armory? 


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC MECHRON EMERGENCY SERVICES

 

"Yeah, well we have to check. Standard procedure after things get blown up." the firefighter shrugged. "I don't know what whoever it was thinking - this is an electronics company's R & D unit. Whoever was after this place wanted to set that company back big time." 

 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

Traferous slithered back toward the wreck. He had a matter of minutes before his story started revealing flaws, maybe. He really didn't know whether the janitor had still been in the building when he had pulled the trigger, or if so, if he had been obliterated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Well, they were certainly thorough, but careful as well," he gestured towards the unmarred neighboring buildings, "No collateral damage. Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC MECHRON EMERGENCY SERVICES

 

The fire captain simply shrugged. "The rules out an accident. Although I wouldn't list one as likely this time of night anyway."

 

"Hey, get me one of the gravity lifters over here," one of the other firefighters said. He held up what appeared to be a blackened limb in his head lamp.

 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

Traferous crawled towards the center of the wreckage, doing his best to evade the flashlights. He would recognize the crackle of unbalanced anti-quaza anywhere. Where was it? The basement should be right in here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Oh, great..." he flicked on his own helmet light, moving over to get a better look at the mangled body part, "...looks like the place wasn't completely empty after all." Whoever had done this wasn't just an arsonist, now they were a murderer too. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

OOC: Hang on. I need Chirox to clarify what he's doing with his character, where he is. If he's in the police station still, I might have to null yours AGAIN. If he left, it will be fine. 

 

*rubs face to relieve massive headache*

 

OOC: One of those times when timezone differences sure do suck. But anyway I didn't know where exactly this underground part of the police station was so I just assumed it could be accessed from near the police station. So the idea is that Quake just blows up part of the floor and gets in. So he's still in this underground part of the police station near the radioactive chemicals. The last thing I've done with the character is have him grab one of his bombs to use as a threat against the character who (I think) is about to slam him to the floor. 


It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Oh, hey, cheers fishers, that actually really helps. Tfw the gm is really helpful.

 

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Tranquis VII

Nimius decided that investigating what had been going on since the heroes left the planet would be a good thing to do.

 

IC: Captor

Location:Traferous' ship

Captor went into the secret passage Dr. Lie and Crowley had just departed from.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shade - Pit Area

 

Shade jumped off the beast just in time to land on the brain he'd offed a moment before. His total power meter was around the 88.57% mark; Excellent. The loss of the anti-brain weapon was unfortunate, but things could definitely have gone downhill had it not been destroyed.

 

OOC: I estimated his remaining power bar using the time lapse of 30 minutes since his last recharge (the one before the conference started). If this seems off, let me know and I'll recalculate.


"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: A new year, a new hero:

 

Hero Profile: 

 

Name: Sir Reginald Buckley.

 

Powers and Abilities: In addition to greatly enhanced strength and moderately increased durability, he has a built-in motion sensor, allowing him to detect and identify all movement patterns within a hundred-metre radius around him. The range and accuracy of this ability is obviously reduced somewhat when he’s in motion – walking, flying, running and so on.

 

Weapon(s): He carries a number of tools on a belt around his chest – wrench, spanner, crowbar, miniaturised blowtorch, harpoon and rope – and wears a monocle with magnification zoom. His weapon of choice is Old Chum, a semiautomatic shotgun that fires off debilitating electrified slugs.

 

Appearance: Possessing an unmodified Gen1 build, Buckley’s body is primarily brown, with coppery armour and a yellow-hued Hero Core.

 

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/YWRYRLF.png

 

Bio: With a near-spotless mission record, Reginald takes great pride in his achievements. Incredibly old-fashioned and sentimental, he has naught but disdain for the newer generation of heroes, preferring the good old days from before the Upgrade. And, as one would expect of a mawkish old man, he’s immensely fond of telling “back in my day” stories. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Crowley - Traferous' Ship.

 

He paused momentarily, hearing the door he and the doctor had left through hissing open and shut once again. But it was a big ship, with a big crew. Doctor Lie likely wasn't the only person on the ship who made use of the secret passageways. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Mr Vyle - Approaching Traferous' Ship.

 

The dropship dropped back into sub-light, homing in on its point of origin. "This is Vyle," he tried the comms, "I'm back." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

GM NPC STORMER

 

"Get him out of here!" Stormer said into his comms to Nex, abruptly releasing the pressure on his block, hoping the force the villain was exerting would cause him to go past him. 

 

IC Kaiba Blader, his sword screeched along Stormer's own, but Kaiba was not so easily fooled, as it slid along, he threw his elbow forward, catching the Alpha leader off guard. Stormer stumbled back a step as Kaiba advanced once more.

 

"You've gotten sloppy, Stormer."


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

OOC: One of those times when timezone differences sure do suck. But anyway I didn't know where exactly this underground part of the police station was so I just assumed it could be accessed from near the police station. So the idea is that Quake just blows up part of the floor and gets in. So he's still in this underground part of the police station near the radioactive chemicals. The last thing I've done with the character is have him grab one of his bombs to use as a threat against the character who (I think) is about to slam him to the floor.

 

No, that was redacted. I'd guess I'd just be happy to roll with this whole situation, if not for this objection here. I can probably smooth most of this over with my own GM IC, aside from this:

 

Gunpowder isn't the most volatile or powerful of explosives, and since Kavok's bombs are apparently small enough to be held comfortably in one hand, I find it difficult to believe something that small would be enough to blast a hole through the pavement/lawn/whatever, and the dirt below that, and whatever sort of metal or concrete this tunnel is lined with. So even if the tunnel does exist, it seems a bit unrealistic for Quake to have busted into it so easily.  

To be clear, I was under the impression that the bombs were larger than that, seeing as they are made from small gunpowder barrels. And Quake's not breaking into the vault, just the tunnel. Still, he does have somewhat of a valid point.

 

Aaand the area is a series of tunnels, not an open underground area, so it's possible he could blow that area and not end up in a tunnel. If he's near the center of the station, probably, but it's not a sure thing.

 

Sorry buddy, I just don't think that's going to work. It's not very realistic here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: My characters are nowhere near Kavok, so this issue doesn't really concern me. So feel free to disregard any of the points I brought up earlier if yourself, Zippy and Chirox are all in agreement. There's no point dragging this out any longer over something I said when it's got nothing to do with me anyway. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Alright, Zippy, if you'll allow it, I'm just going to handwave this lack of realism in the interest of maintaining my sanity, and just go with it. 


OOC: Oh, hey, cheers fishers, that actually really helps. Tfw the gm is really helpful.
 
IC: Nimius Ardor
Location: Tranquis VII
Nimius decided that investigating what had been going on since the heroes left the planet would be a good thing to do.

GM IC NIMIUS ARDOR

 

Nimus was on the edge of the city. The hospital was probably some hundred yards from here. The Grand Tranq would be further in. 

 

GM NPC CITIZENS OF TRANQUIS (NEAR NIMIUS)

 

Most of the citizens in this part of town ignored Nimus. A couple said "Hero" and pointed, only to be dragged away by their friends. A few stared at him warily. 

 

IC: Captor
Location:Traferous' ship
Captor went into the secret passage Dr. Lie and Crowley had just departed from.

 

GM IC CAPTOR

 

Captor would find himself in a hallway. On his left, he would be able to see a reinforced glass panel and someone behind it running around in an adjoining hallway and hitting a number of mounted manniquin robot heads on the walls. 

 

On his left was a blank wall and a large steel door. 

 

GM IC DR. LIE

 

"That's no good." Dr. Lie said immediately. "Nobody should be entering that sector. Traferous isn't back yet, and only him and I are allowed back there."

 

He headed for the exit to walk across the lobby. 

 

GM IC FRAVI

 

Fravi sighed. Traferous wasn't back yet, again. "You can land," she said to Mr. Vyle. I'm surprised he's back so soon.

 

But Fravi knew that the battle between the brain master and the heroes had been caught on camera. Between breaks to stretch her legs - the fighter lady was really itching for some exercise - she knew that someone with a visor had been firing at the Brain Master. 

 

Someone who looked like Mr. Vyle. But that didn't seem in character for him. Wasn't he the ambassador that was supposed to get the Brain Master on their side? 

 

Worse, Traferous' actions against the conspiracy would have to be kept on the down-low...


GM NPC MECHRON EMERGENCY SERVICES

 

The citizen pulled out the gravity lifter, moving aside a pile of half-melted griders, to reveal a charred form broken in multiple pieces. Ashes of an identity card were burned on his skin, and his hand had a melted broom handle. The corpse emanated nasty chemical fumes. "Looks like the janitor."

 

Behind the group near the corpse, a group of red sparks shot off. Other noticed and walked over...

 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

There it was! He had to hurry! 

 

He slithered as fast as he could, even shifting himself some tiny legs to help. 10 seconds...


OOC: A new year, a new hero:

 

Hero Profile: 

 

Name: Sir Reginald Buckley.

 

Powers and Abilities: In addition to greatly enhanced strength and moderately increased durability, he has a built-in motion sensor, allowing him to detect and identify all movement patterns within a hundred-metre radius around him. The range and accuracy of this ability is obviously reduced somewhat when he’s in motion – walking, flying, running and so on.

 

Weapon(s): He carries a number of tools on a belt around his chest – wrench, spanner, crowbar, miniaturised blowtorch, harpoon and rope – and wears a monocle with magnification zoom. His weapon of choice is Old Chum, a semiautomatic shotgun that fires off debilitating electrified slugs.

 

Appearance: Possessing an unmodified Gen1 build, Buckley’s body is primarily brown, with coppery armour and a yellow-hued Hero Core.

 

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/YWRYRLF.png

 

Bio: With a near-spotless mission record, Reginald takes great pride in his achievements. Incredibly old-fashioned and sentimental, he has naught but disdain for the newer generation of heroes, preferring the good old days from before the Upgrade. And, as one would expect of a mawkish old man, he’s immensely fond of telling “back in my day” stories. 

Approved.

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Crowley - Traferous' Ship.

 

Perhaps he should've mentioned it after all... Hissing softly, he turned and padded after the Doc.

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Mr Vyle - Hangar.

 

Steering the dropship into the hangar, he set it down and stepped out. Sidearm in its holster and cane in hand, he strode across the room towards the door. While things hadn't gone totally according to plan, he was satisfied with the final outcome. 

 

Things certainly could've gone far worse...


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Happy Australian New Year everyone! Also, Nato, regardless of your involvement, you've made some pretty good points regarding the newest developments, so I don't know if we should just disregard them like that. But, as Fishers has said, we will just descend further into a mess of nulled posts otherwise and allowing it is really just the best option right now. My recommendation, though, is to maybe fix up the radioactive material just lying there out in the open. As I said earlier, it being unguarded is arguably fine if the police officers are unaware of it- and I think they must be, since they really wouldn't have a use for it and would probably get rid of it otherwise- but I'd assume you'd want it in an Eski in a safe place or something.

 

Also, I'm super sorry to PyroLizard Prime for having to wait for my part of the Thumper/Scourge fight because of this. Thank you for your patience.

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Police Station

 

Seeing the gun being angled at her, Thumper wrapped one arm around the spindly leg in a better hold and let go with her other arm to hold it in front of her face as a kind of guard. Her face wasn't a weak spot, but she'd been in similar situations before and didn't like when a stray bolt messed up one or both of her eyes. The bullets pinged against her plating, some burrowing deep enough into the metal to be stuck there, but she could still move the arm so she considered it fine. She shouted, "You're under arrest, matón! Get down before La Puño de Hierro takes you down!"

 

Below, Quiver clutched her weapon, staring upwards at the altercation from the relative safety behind a few officers. She was sure Thumper was doing fine, and the officers were doing a very good job at not hitting Thumper with her fire. Well, some blasts skimmed her, but Thumper didn't seem to notice.

 

~

 

IC: Dorothy Quark - With Wolfe and Night Stalker

 

Quark cursed, yanking Wolfe by the arm with her as she got out of the way of the onslaught. Her helmet clicked into place over her head, and she unholstered her blaster, pointing it at the shopfront the villain had disappeared into.

 

"Hate it when they choose the hard way," she grumbled, approaching carefully. She called again. "I don't want to drag you out of there mangled, kid. It's been a long day. Come out and I'll go easy on you."

 

OOC: I mentioned earlier that Quark's voice is muffled with the helmet up, but there's probably some kind of speaker she can elect to use so people can understand her with it on.

 

~

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - In Ship

 

Flood was about to reply to Ferro when the beasts rushed out of the ship. He paused. "Hm. I suppose we should head back up, in any case. Would you mind leading the way? I'd hate to cause you to slip again."

 

~

 

IC: ??? - Climbing Up The Pit Wall

 

There were days, he mused bitterly, where he didn't like having the body of an old robot. During the slow climb towards the top of the pit, he could comfortably say this was one of those days. He grunted and pulled himself up a little higher, trying to avoid the gaze of the growing crowd since he was unsure whether he wanted to be spotted or not.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Poor guy," he sighed, looking down at the charred corpse, "Let's hope this was the only one." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Hey, it's no big deal. It's not like I just sit around all day and wait for the rpg to update.

 

IC: Scourge (cloaked)-Mechron city police station

 

Thanks to their target being invisible, the Mechron city police force was having trouble hitting their mark. A few shots struck the corpse, and were repelled by it's body armor. Meanwhile, this hero didn't seem to want to let's go. And what did she just call herself? It was hard to make out through the gunfire, but it sounded like the name of some wrestler that Scourge had seen on T.V. once. She had been wrestling some kind of weird lizard thing, and had thoroughly destroyed it. Metaphorically, of course. Scourge had been rooting for the lizard, so this war cry just made it angrier. Realizing that even bullets wouldn't penetrate this hero's body armor, Scourge aimed for the one place that probably wasn't as well armored: the hand, more specifically, the one holding it's leg. Judging from the amount of free movement the hand had, a gunshot would at least blow off a few fingers. Of course, Scourge would also shoot itself in the leg in the process, but the resulting blood would likely get in the hero's eyes, and make the leg too slippery to hold, as well. Besides, it could still walk using it's insectoid limbs. Taking care to move it's free leg out of the hero's reach, Scourge fired at the hand.

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the cargo ship

 

"Sure thing. Don't feel too bad about the whole slipping thing, though. I once accidentally erased the hard drive of a computer one of my partners was using with a magnetic field. We were using it to track the villain we were after. They almost got away because of it."

 

Ferro started making his way back to the deck of the ship, with Flood presumably close behind.

  • Upvote 3

 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Ha ha yeah who does that *laughs a little too loudly and awkwardly*

 

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Police Station

 

Thumper was still wearing her monstrous fighting gloves, so the bullets had very little effect outside of denting the metal, but the being's blood made her grip slippery. She tried to squeeze harder but releasing the limb earlier to guard her face had cost her a sturdy grip, and so she fell, rolling with the impact. She climbed to her feet and immediately ran for the shattered desk, meaning to grab a piece to throw at the villain in the hopes of knocking them off the wall.

 

Her smaller teammate saw her fall and immediately shrunk behind the officers. Quiver didn't want the being to see her again, to come after her the way they had. She fumbled with the gun to attempt to get it into a shooting position just in case, eyes wide and locked on the villain.

 

~

 

Wilbur Flood - Leaving Ship

 

Flood laughed, falling behind Ferro. "Well, for very obvious reasons, I tend to avoid using electronics unless wearing my gloves. And those things are very uncomfortable, let me tell you. Not painfully so, but enough to give a reasonable naggle of annoyance. I much prefer the feeling of my bare hand."

 

He smiled gratefully. "But thank you very much. This mission has been... less than stellar, so far. But it seems things are turning around, at least!"


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory Medical Wing

He couldn't stand sitting here any longer. Standing abruptly, he pulled one of the doctors aside and asked, "Who did this to her?" The doctor explained the situation in full, covering what all they knew about the mysterious murderer who'd cost Scarlett her legs, and then went back to working on her injuries. Shard would make that villain pay. He'd lock them up and never ever let them get out. That villain would regret ever even thinking about being created. Trying very hard to replace his guilt with rage, the stoopid rookie stalked out of the medical wing and began marching to the point all the alerts had come from earlier.


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kat:

 

"Hey, where are you going?!"


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Scourge (cloaked)-Mechron city police station

 

Feeling the weight of the hero leave it's leg, Scourge wasted no time in clambering the rest of the way up the wall, out of the broken skylight, and onto the roof. Momentarily dropping the corpse to give the illusion of having run away, Scourge turned to look down on the officers and heroes still in the police station, and tempted fate by uncloaking in order to taunt them. Seeing the look of defeat on their faces, Scourge couldn't help but unleash a triumphant cackle, a cackle which was cut short due to having to dodge part of a broken desk. Deciding that it had taken enough risks today, it reactivated it's cloaking device before hurriedly retreating, corpse in hand.

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the cargo ship

 

"It's been pretty... uneventful, for me. When the beasts stole this ship, I assumed that it was for something important, seeing as they seemed to be directing it to go somewhere specific. Then we show up here, and well... Nothing. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to bring the ship here, other than to keep a few heroes busy."


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Police Station

 

Thumper grunted, still glaring at where the figure had disappeared. A murderer getting away was never a good thing, and not something to take pride in. Still, she'd done the best she could. She glanced sadly to the officers lying on the ground, those that could be helped already being tended to by a few of their comrades, before approaching Quiver again. The poor rookie was shivering, so she bent just enough to see eye to eye with her.

 

"You did what you could," Thumper said softly. "You're still learning, pequeño, and you're not to blame for what that villain did. But right now, they're on the roof, and we need to get right out there and see if we can catch them before they leave. I need those fancy sensors of yours."

 

Quiver hesitated, but nodded. She had failed too much this mission- she had a clear shot while the villain was gloating, but she couldn't make herself move to try and shoot. Thumper smiled and headed swiftly for the chief, Quiver right on her heels.

 

"We're sorry for what happened to your officers, but we might still be able to catch the villain outside," Thumper said quickly. "And there's the other, more shootey, villain- they disappeared and made a big hole in your pavement. They could still be outside somewhere, too."

 

~

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - Leaving Ship

 

Flood shrugged. "As much study as we have been doing on the brains, there is a lot we don't know about them. Perhaps they really were seeking to distract us, or perhaps they simply had no real goal in mind."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Happy Australian New Year everyone! Also, Nato, regardless of your involvement, you've made some pretty good points regarding the newest developments, so I don't know if we should just disregard them like that. But, as Fishers has said, we will just descend further into a mess of nulled posts otherwise and allowing it is really just the best option right now. My recommendation, though, is to maybe fix up the radioactive material just lying there out in the open. As I said earlier, it being unguarded is arguably fine if the police officers are unaware of it- and I think they must be, since they really wouldn't have a use for it and would probably get rid of it otherwise- but I'd assume you'd want it in an Eski in a safe place or something.

 

Also, I'm super sorry to PyroLizard Prime for having to wait for my part of the Thumper/Scourge fight because of this. Thank you for your patience.

 

OOC: So let me get this straight. As of now I am in the tunnel way and you are not preforming that wrestling move? If that is the case then I'm sorry for possibly breaking the rules and let's just say Quake is gonna get a little easier to deal with. 


It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: So, since this mission seems to be wrapping up, I finally thought to have a look back at the objectives for this mission...

 

Hero Objectives:

 
-Find out how and why the beasts are being controlled by the evil brains.
 
-Free the beasts from the brains' control. 
 
-Find out what underhanded and devious things are going on at the conference. 
 
-Defeat any villains that may be involved. 
 
-Avoid stirring up a mass panic at the conference. 
 
-Protect Mr. Makuro from harm. 
 
Villain Objectives:
 
-Conceal the facts/hide from the heroes the information behind everything. 
 
-Ensure that the beasts overrun the conference and kill the civilians. 
 
-Encourage the villainous organizations to work together to beat Hero Factory. 
 
-SECRET OBJECTIVE
 
-SECRET OBJECTIVE

 

Overall, it seems that both sides have managed to achieve some partial successes, and complete failures. My only question now is this - what were the secret villain objectives, and did they actually succeed in either of them? 

  • Upvote 3

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Scourge (cloaked)- Mechron city streets

 

While the two heroes were speaking with the police, Scourge was making it's way back to it's ship. The vessel was near the front of the police station, but concealed from anyone within's direct line of sight by a nearby building. Climbing down from the roof, Scourge kept out of view as it carried it's prize to it's escape route. It hardly mattered if it remained undetected at this point, since the heroes could still track it using it's blood trail. Opening the back doors of the ship, Scourge tossed in the corpse, before locking the doors and proceeding to the cockpit. In order to unlock the door, Scourge needed the key. It lacked pockets, of course, so the key was kept in a magnetic key box on the underside of the ship, near the entrance to the cockpit. Now, if Scourge could just remember where they hid it last...

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the cargo ship

 

"Well, we know someone designed them, so it's not a stretch that they designed them to be able to form plans, or perhaps just take orders from those who do."

 

Ferro's optics adjusted to the increased brightness as him and Flood emerged from the ship.


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dorothy Quark - With Wolfe and Night Stalker

 

Quark cursed, yanking Wolfe by the arm with her as she got out of the way of the onslaught. Her helmet clicked into place over her head, and she unholstered her blaster, pointing it at the shopfront the villain had disappeared into.

 

"Hate it when they choose the hard way," she grumbled, approaching carefully. She called again. "I don't want to drag you out of there mangled, kid. It's been a long day. Come out and I'll go easy on you."

 

OOC: I mentioned earlier that Quark's voice is muffled with the helmet up, but there's probably some kind of speaker she can elect to use so people can understand her with it on.

 

IC: Night Stalker

 

Kid?  She called him a kid?  That was probably the worst idea the hero had ever had.  Night Stalker fired a gas bomb at the base of the window, forming a thick cloud, then grabbed a shelving unit and hurled it through the window, followed by another barrage of energy blasts.  Kid.  She was gonna pay for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: So, since this mission seems to be wrapping up, I finally thought to have a look back at the objectives for this mission...

 

Hero Objectives:

 

-Find out how and why the beasts are being controlled by the evil brains.

 

-Free the beasts from the brains' control. 

 

-Find out what underhanded and devious things are going on at the conference. 

 

-Defeat any villains that may be involved. 

 

-Avoid stirring up a mass panic at the conference. 

 

-Protect Mr. Makuro from harm. 

 

Villain Objectives:

 

-Conceal the facts/hide from the heroes the information behind everything. 

 

-Ensure that the beasts overrun the conference and kill the civilians. 

 

-Encourage the villainous organizations to work together to beat Hero Factory. 

 

-SECRET OBJECTIVE

 

-SECRET OBJECTIVE

 

Overall, it seems that both sides have managed to achieve some partial successes, and complete failures. My only question now is this - what were the secret villain objectives, and did they actually succeed in either of them? 

OOC: While I'm just as in the dark about this as you are, it's probably a safe bet that they have something to do with what's currently going on in Mechron City, as the rest of them seem to be directly tied to Antropolis and pretty much nobody knew that was even going to happen at the start of the mission.

My second guess would be that they concern the aquisition of the prototype weapon and engine (rocket?), but I mainly doubt this for three reasons; A), the entire conference was held in order to show them off, so the possibility of obtaining them wasn't exactly secret, B), we learned pretty much nothing about the engine that would've qualified it as worth stealing, and C), Fishers had Nex practically recover the engine during the span of one post, which wouldn't have been exactly fair for those who wished to take it themselves in the first place (then again, most of the Villains inside of the Conference Hall were under Fishers' control, so that last one's a bit of a moot point).

Either way, I'd probably say that they would be somewhere along the lines of ensuring the destruction of the police station, and/or buying Traferous enough time for his plan to succeed.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I don't think the Mechron thing was part of this mission, though. I could be wrong, but it seemed like more of a separate incident. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: They also could've been related to the Brain Master. Maybe the villains were supposed to kill him or something like that? He directly refused an alliance so I'm guessing that wasn't one...


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC BREEZE

 

"I talked with some of the civillians by the docks - they are volunteering to take the ship back. I think we should head out - there isn't much for us to do here."

 

GM NPC QUEEN BEAST & OTHER BEASTS (FREED)

 

Angry, the queen beast roared a message to the other beasts under her command. They began attacking their brained cousins, freeing them. The Queen Beast stalked down a tunnel, ready to take revenge on the brains below. 

 

GM IC ??? - BRAIN MASTER

 

But alas, the brain master wasn't going to allow her the opportunity, removing his legion back onto his ship. It seemed that the mechanism that he got them onto the planet on would have to remain a mystery - and one that might cost his foes later. Or maybe not. 


GM NPC ZIB

 

"Vex and Striker, I have the power company on the line. They want to know if there's anything we can do to get those turbines out of there. If you've got any ideas, let me know. Otherwise, I think I may just send Bulk with a drill."

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Markus Vex - Crater Edge.

 

"Nothing I can think off of the top of my head," he replied, peering down into the crater, "Maybe they should ask the beasts for help, or make use of this big ol' hole in the middle of the street."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...