The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

System 8, Crimson, Serraʔ if you can get the glottal stop symbol in there, otherwise I'll go with Cythraul

Judging by the state of the map, this may have been missed.

---

Basilisk, if you have a Google account, you should be able to access the Google Docs files just fine.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Three guesses as to what I don't have.

Why should I have to get an account on another website when the RPG is being hosted here?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Actually, turns out I was incorrect. You should be able to access the documents regardless of whether you have a Google account.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Just a word of note before we all break out into a bar fight, this is no different from me or anyone else writing up a RPG on the computer. It's simply that it's online and people can poke it. When the draft is in a more complete fashion, it'll be posted here, and we can all poke it here. This game will not be driven by Skype. It will not be driven by Google Drive. This is simply the very first alpha stages, and when it's actually properly prepared for being released to the Planning topic, it will. When it is here, we can all stop poking each other with our sharp sticks and poke it.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

We're claiming planets and some of us are having trouble seeing the bloody map and the text explaining the map.

We've moved beyond that stage I think.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

The map should be visible to everyone. It's hosted on dropbox, not Google Drive.

When I host this RPG, the first page will have several posts on it; each one of these posts will be a one of the Google Docs. I'll be splitting them up separately so I don't kill the server every time I edit it.

I use Google Docs for everything these days. .-.

Edited by Xomeron
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

People have always claimed stuff the moment they saw the map. Species profile:

Username: (Obvious)

Species Name: (Make it interesting!)

Biology: What do they look like? What chemicals are their bodies built on? Do they have DNA, or some other way to pass genes on? What do they eat?

Government: Generally, by the time it reaches space, a species will have tried enough systems to figure out what works best for them. So what do your guys use? Democracy? Theocracy? Communism? Democratic Communist Theocracy?

Psychology: Species can have wildly different ideas of thought. A human, finding an ancient superweapon that once destroyed all life, might think "How terrible if any race but mine should find this" But a Kzinti, on the other hand, would think "Now I can conquer the galaxy, as is my right." So how do your people think?

History: (Why are they in space? Why do they use the government they do? Details like that)

Homeworld Name: (Humans call our planet Earth for a reason. Why do these people call their world what they do?)

Homeworld Location: (Try for one that's not taken.)

Map Color: (So we can see what you own)

Advances Taken: (You get six points worth)
Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Could you split the Description section up into its respective portions, so that people actually fill out everything?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Edited. Credit for the example thoughts to Larry Niven. I'm now accepting apps.

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

On a lighter note, I finally settled on an RPG concept.

The year? 1934. The Old Ones are rising.
Unknown beasts roam the land. The dead have risen and they hunger, whatever authority exists is being overwhelmed, with only the insanely militarized or large nations keeping anything resembling order.
Each county is basically on its own. People vanish screaming in the night. Or go insane. Serial killers prowl the streets, whispered to by mad gods, the fabric of reality twists and screams with each new violation. Mad cultists roam the land. Vampires rule the night and the Werewolves stalk the woods. The military shoots first and then shoots some more. The cities burn.
Ships are dragged into the ocean by unseen monsters, docks and ports reek of blood and decay, sailors vanish from their posts at night. The end isn't coming. It's here.
Civilization is entering a death spiral.
Have fun!
Stay tuned.
Edited by Basilisk

Could be a nice bit of fun while we get Gunmen ready. What's our location for this game?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Here be my species:

Username: Canis

Species Name: Carus

Biology: Seven feet tall wolves that stand on two feet. They stand up straight and tall, and have opposable thumbs. Their fur can be any shade between white and black, and usually is spotted.

Government: Polytheist Theocracy. The religion promotes working for the good of the race, and then for personal gain. It is not communist, and capitalism still exists.

Psychology: Peaceful, diplomatic. They want to keep their race safe. History: The Carus used to be a split up, violent, constantly fighting race. They remained this way until a religion united all of them. Now at peace, they focused on gaining space travel, and different forms of technology. They launched into space, and then found a form of faster than light travel.

Homeworld Name: Canavar

Homeworld Location: Star System 58

Map Color: Grey

Advances Taken:

-Predatory Physiology

-Mecha

-Interstellar Launch

-Superlight Drive

-Technolopathy

Does anyone else think this is a bit premature?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I'd tend to agree. Sorry for leaving behind the Eastern Fantasy RPG....but this one should be fun as well.

A rapidly decaying social order, plus BZP RPGers?

What could go wrong?

Edited by Basilisk

Not really. There's always a pregame rush for this sort of thing in RTSRPGs.

-Rover

In my experience, people have almost always formed profiles before an RPG even got to the judging stages.

As for RTSRPGs specifically, after the first one people have generally been claiming areas as soon as a map was available.

So comparatively, not really premature.

Edited by Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

It might be jumping ahead of itself a bit, but people know that its coming and what they need to do to get in. RTS games have always been popular so you have people getting ready even earlier then normal.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

As a note, this RPG won't be starting earlier than April 8th, because I'm at a convention on the 5th through 7th

-Rover

After being asked many times by good friends, I'll be joining the Sci-Fi RTS..

....Pardon me whilst I try to get google docs to work.

And find the map.

That, incidentally, changes the name of the species I'm playing with to Cysgodin. For your convenience, I'll keep the colour I already picked. (8 was going to be my system regardless)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Race name and color? No green, we already have three greens.

-Rover

Map updated. Does it look good to everyone?

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

On second thought, five fits better. Thought 23 was a red star.

....Sorry for that.

.....Not having a good day today.

Gonna say no on the Green. There's enough Green on the map already

-Rover

Oh goodie.

A close target.

Looks like I might get Cybermen after all.....

Edited by Basilisk

I'll be taking 16, if you would be so kind

Race Name: Sangluni

Color: Blue

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Anyone remember that RPG concept I came up with a while back? It was called Divided Lands: The Magitech Wars.

I don't have enough time to explain the plot again, but perhaps a quick search will provide the details. I'm considering reviving the idea, but I'm not sure, what with the mostly lukewarm reception original concept RPGs have been getting lately. ANd if anyone feels they can improve on it, they're welcome to take the idea and run with it.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Don't mind little old me. Profile incoming.

///////

Organic catagories: Useful. Worthy of Combine. Unworthy.

//////

Race Identified.

Transmissions indicate: Great All.

Unworthy.

Forced upgrade?

///////

Y.

Edited by Basilisk

would we put our species religion under psychology portion?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

That or History.

-Rover