Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

• 4 weeks later...

Hey.

It's me, it's the G. It's Gavla. Yay.

So I had planned to post three comics yesterday but.

Well you know. Holidays and stuff. Gets people busy.

I ain't exactly young anymore, folks. Up in the big 2-0's (with a one) means I have duties to do. Help set the table.

Clean dishes.

Fight with my mother. Grown up stuff.

But I can never forget you guys, ahah. And having my bell-hop Terton be my messenger can only work for so long.

Sad to say I only have one of these three scripted comics done.

Comic: A Change to the Living.

(Trivia. The two outsiders in this comic had their color schemes chosen by fans. Like you! PBS: KIDS did not pay for this sentence creation.)

Man I have a lot to do. Gotta re-work the first post. Keep forging new comics until April.

Re-post what was deleted in the down time. It's all very tough stuff.

I've been doing a lot of sprite work. Got some goodies in store for you. Anyone like Teridax? I've got a Teridax sprite all ready to go.

Anyone like panels? New panels on the way.

Anyone like overalls? We'll I've got tons of Matoran wearing clothes in the works.

Anyone like.. butter?

An entire City.

An entire city focused on butter.

Now if that doesn't wet your whistle for the future I dunno what will.

lovewarconga2.png

Listen. Between you and me? The Matoran need some clothing. The first three Bionicle movies clearly show their purple organic bits!

Like come on Takua. Cover that up. Teridax did. Does he even have organic bits? Probably not but he's still more classy while Takua is just nasty.

Regardless of his fantastic choice in colors.

Comic-

A Change to the Planet.

Before someone asks- No. Life should not be able to do that. The reason he can is because during his ascension he absorbed Dark Matter. Thus he can manipulate space around things.

lovewarconga2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Gavla can catch up with his schedule. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Maybe it'll give dark inspirations for storylines.

What?

Maybe Gavla can catch up with his schedule. :P

I'm afraid that can't happen. At least not in terms of Daily Updates. I am just too darn busy.

Comic-

A Change To Life.

Keep in mind.

It all ends in April.

The final comic on April 6th. Where I take my place in the retired list of Comic Makers.

I've come a long way. Made a lot of friends. Made a lot of foes. Put up a a lot of Dispensers along the way.

But everything ends eventually. Where the duo (or maybe Trio?) take their bows and the Void consumes its last mind. It's all ending.

Two months.

66 Days. (Give or take.)

Save the Date for when Gavla meets his final Fate.

lovewarconga2.png

Heya Gav, I went back and read skimmed over most of the comics leading up to this one -- I have to say it's one of the most intriguing and thought-provoking series I've seen, even better than a lot of what I've read outside the comic realm. It's a shame I came back after so long to hear news of you retiring. It's been a while, but I will truly be sorry to see you go, especially after seeing your comics get even better. At the same time, I'm happy to know you are moving further on in life (no pun intended!). At least I caught you to see you put up a few more Dispensers before you headed out, my friend.

Well, now that I can say that I'm mostly caught up, I can also say that I'm really looking forward to how -- and in complete wonder to how -- this could end. I wonder what happens when space is torn in half...

sig8.png

Maybe it'll give dark inspirations for storylines.

What?

I've been moving towards some darker, deeper stuff lately, I've shut down my comics. But I wont be retiring, because I'm introducing a new comic series with a more organized, darker plot. I'm actually surprised you haven't heard! XD There is some concept art on my profile page if your interested.

Anyway, I'm sad that your retiring as well, seeing how so many comic makers are leaving. Don't get me wrong, there have been some new ones popping up recently, that I am thoroughly excited for, U.S.D., giggles comics, and The first shadow's comics. but we will always keep your comics in our heartlights. kudos.

Well, at least your not leaving BZPower.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Right, right.

So anyway. I'm working on the next comic. It's going to star The Starter because I vowed to get it's story done long ago and yeah.

But here is the thing. Some folks know I live on the East Coast and that it's now currently getting a "winter storm".

My state is in a state of emergency and all that rubbish. People saying 15 inches of snow. People saying no power.

I don't really trust their words because yeah. I doubt it. But you can never be really sure.

So I'm holding off on work until it passes and it would be bad to have the power cut in the middle of comic creating.

If the power does die that would mean a delayed update schedule anyway but yeah. Just a heads up.

But hey take a look at this little En-G. animation I made to pass the time.

Link.

lovewarconga2.png

Right, right.

So anyway. I'm working on the next comic. It's going to star The Starter because I vowed to get it's story done long ago and yeah.

But here is the thing. Some folks know I live on the East Coast and that it's now currently getting a "winter storm".

My state is in a state of emergency and all that rubbish. People saying 15 inches of snow. People saying no power.

I don't really trust their words because yeah. I doubt it. But you can never be really sure.

So I'm holding off on work until it passes and it would be bad to have the power cut in the middle of comic creating.

If the power does die that would mean a delayed update schedule anyway but yeah. Just a heads up.

But hey take a look at this little En-G. animation I made to pass the time.

Link.

:lol-sign: That's Awesome Gavla what program did you use to make it?

:voyanui:

What in tar-nation happened to the front page. Either Maj messed up or BZP's post editing software thing got funky.

Man this is giving me messed up memories of when the topic first post got messed up to the point that whenever I went to add a new link it ate one in return.

Thankfully I keep backups of the first post.

Comic-

The Starting Ending.

To be honest this wasn't how it was meant to be.

I had planned to show the entire ending of the Starter, and by that I mean its story but I lack the needed resources. Color choices. Sprite work too advanced. Needed backgrounds because the control room isn't meant to be pitch black.

I have six different color changes for the Starter and the Starter A.I. Since they wear naturally dark colors it's really hard picking ones that.. mingle.

If I ever do an anniversary post after I retire in April I'll revisit the Starter in it.

Also the first post has been fixed. All thanks to your friendly neighborhood Engineer.

tumblr_inline_mw7yumtvuu1rwynzk.png

(I'll update the first post around April when I end it. All comics posted and such.)

lovewarconga2.png

it will be sad to see this go i think your comic were the first i read and really got me into the whole bionicle artfrontier it will be sad to see this go but i guess every comic maker and comic reader must remember that this isnt real life Bzp will come and go alot like its members. GLHF on this last comic

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I've been juggling the idea of retiring in my head for a while now.

A few months ago I got some bad news about my dog that thankfully turned out to be wrong.

But it jump starts your thinking, you know?

Like I've been doing this since April 8th 2008. (Ain't that a funky fact.)

I can't do it forever. The Gavla story will eventually end. What would I fall upon?

ICC Gavla related works are technically filler. Which thankfully you lot love my portrayal of him. Yet again I can't base an entire new series on him. (Though that would be fun.)

Secondly these are Gavla's Comics. They have to involve Gavla. To be honest I'm getting bored of Gavla.

So after a whole lot of thought for a good three months I decided that the Age of Red and Blue is ending. I've left my mark. I've made my friends, my foes.

The Gavla name is used only here now. I have gone by many names since joining here.

The end is near. The Final Three comics for the Final Two Gavlas + one with serious identity issues.

But don't take everything I say to heart. I'm retiring from Gavla's Comics but you never know.

I always have a few surprises up my sleeves. Which is impossible because I don't wear shirts with sleeves.

My arms are cold.

lovewarconga2.png

just a quick question if you didnt choose Gavla as you name what would of you chosen?

My first comics were marketed under the name Howler (Via Brickshelf and Maj) , which would of been a choice.

But since I started comics back in 6th grade which was during 2005 I had been drawing. Very poor drawings but it gave me something to do.

I used my real name for some bits of those but I obviously won't use the real name on here.

I chose the Gavla name because A: I like the letter G. (See my marketing of ICC Gavla as Mr. G.) and B: I love the character of Gavla from Bionicle Canon.

I had her figure by my side when I made my account. I just glanced over and boom. Choice made. I am the only Gavla on BZP.

Funny enough is that comic Gavla's name isn't even Gavla. It's technically Gavilan but Gavla has become a staple in the comics forum as a name.

Fun fact: Gavla's very first sprite design used Pink instead of Red.

lovewarconga2.png

It's been nice having such a good comic creator around, even after that whole hacking and downtime issue that kind of slaughtered the comics forum almost. I haven't been very diligent in restarting comics, but maybe this will motivate me to help mitigate the void you're going to leave here. And I can understand where boredom with a character can come from.

Maybe you should invest in extremely long gloves.

Edited by Ptolemic

Everything has an end. Be it sooner or later. I could of ended the series long ago but I have always desired a fitting ending to the Gavla story.

I am currently hard at work on the final batch of sprites.

All the scripts for the end have been written and to usher us into the end we have the always polite host, ICC Gavla.

Funny enough he's getting the more drawn out ending out of all three so yeah.

With your patience, I will bring you a glorious triple ending to everything.

Also hopefully some fancy new panels.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png