• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Pokemon Topic

Pokemon Pokemon Black Pokemon White Competitive Battling EV IV

• Please log in to reply
3409 replies to this topic

#3401 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 07-January 15
  • 584 posts

Posted Feb 25 2015 - 08:35 PM

Still that is quite a lot of data to store. Do you think a single game cartridge could hold all that data?

gallery_113790_279_360.pngCharacters:
Ga-Matoran (Ga-Wahi - Cave)
Po-Matoran Doseki/ Nui-Jaga Scorpio (Ta-Koro)

|premierball.png|premierball.png|cherishball.png| <- My Pokémon

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

201-p.gif201-r.gif201-o.gif201-w.gif201-l.gif
Prowl Nightwolf

#3402 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-November 09
  • 1,566 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2015 - 10:02 PM

Are we counting all the Spinda forms in our completed Dex?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#3403 Online SPIRIT

SPIRIT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff & Fact Team Member

• 01-June 03
  • 10,071 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 25 2015 - 10:56 PM

"Some of Spinda's Pokédex entries mention the odds of two Spinda having the same spot pattern as less than one in four billion. Since Spinda's spots are based on its personality value (a 32-bit number), a simplistic model would put the odds at 1 in 4,294,967,295, which is indeed smaller than one in four billion; however, it is actually possible for two personality values to produce spot patterns that are visually identical, so the real odds are somewhat higher." --Bulbapedia

Pokémon Bank holds 1 500 Pokémon so you would need 2 863 312 Pokémon Bank accounts to store all those Spinda.

Does anyone have an archived copy of The Awesomest TLR Spoof?  I'm missing chapters 14 onwards and would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help me out here.

#3404 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Impostor Exposed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,805 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 25 2015 - 11:39 PM

Well, if you're only mentioning filling in the Pokedex, anyone with an action replay can get everything... :P

I remember that for Gen 5 the AR'ed Dex had all shiny forms, and it may have had the foreign language entries too. I'll have to check my game again sometime.

But yeah, hunting for forms is rather pointless. I got the 26 letter Unown in FireRed, and all 28 in HeartGold, and by the end of each set I was doubting my sanity.

~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#3405 Online An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Conquered

• 11-August 07
  • 7,149 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 12:49 AM

"Some of Spinda's Pokédex entries mention the odds of two Spinda having the same spot pattern as less than one in four billion. Since Spinda's spots are based on its personality value (a 32-bit number), a simplistic model would put the odds at 1 in 4,294,967,295, which is indeed smaller than one in four billion; however, it is actually possible for two personality values to produce spot patterns that are visually identical, so the real odds are somewhat higher." --Bulbapedia

Pokémon Bank holds 1 500 Pokémon so you would need 2 863 312 Pokémon Bank accounts to store all those Spinda.

Doesn't Pokebank hold 3000 Pokemon, or am I recalling wrong? ._.

#3406 Offline farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 01-August 08
  • 5,265 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 01:10 AM

But yeah, hunting for forms is rather pointless. I got the 26 letter Unown in FireRed, and all 28 in HeartGold, and by the end of each set I was doubting my sanity.

~B~

I actually got all 28 on my LeafGreen. Even the ! and ? Unowns with their 1% appearance rate. So much fun...

#3407 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 07-January 15
  • 584 posts

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 05:56 PM

Well in the case of forms you'd only have to see said form for it to be added to your pokedex and that Poodle Pokémon's different hair cuts do not register, so not sure if Spinda's many forms would each register or just the first four(One for each gender and color). If it did save every single change that would be exponentially the largest single entry in the entire pokedex. You are talking one form for each of the vast many of forms multiplied by 4. Though since Spinda's different patterns are not actual form changes, that could be why. Though that butterfly pokemon with the different wing patterns based on capture region will record each color change. I own 3 or 4 I think. Then again, due to it's appearance being regional over Spinda's PV way of creating it could change how if at all the looks are recorded.

Prowl Nightwolf

#3408 Online SPIRIT

SPIRIT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff & Fact Team Member

• 01-June 03
  • 10,071 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 06:48 PM

You're right, my mistake.  You only need 1 431 656 accounts.

Does anyone have an archived copy of The Awesomest TLR Spoof?  I'm missing chapters 14 onwards and would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help me out here.

#3409 Online Dina Saruyama

Dina Saruyama
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Certified Dinosaur Pedant

• 04-February 07
  • 3,058 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 06:54 PM

You're right, my mistake.  You only need 1 431 656 accounts.

Glad it's so much more realistic a goal :P

xRsbxhK.jpg

#3410 Online Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 07-January 15
  • 584 posts

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 10:26 PM

Remember though, unless you want to keep every single pokemon, you only have to see it on your game or own it for a single moment in time. Any new versions you can always Wonder trade away...

P.S. Took some doing but I now have every known shiny version of Vivillon on my Pokemon X. The species does not discriminate between genders only Shiny or not. So some alternate forms may not duplicate based on gender. This could reduce the previous calculated value, though maybe not by much...

Also Vivillon seems to be the only pokemon with a pokeball pattern where the shiny variant does not change the red to blue. This is because Vivillon's wings don't change color when becoming shiny. Only it's body does. Where as Normal Vivillon have black/gray on their bodies, Its shiny variant is all white.

Prowl Nightwolf

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users