Well that's something I didn't know. ._.

It was good for stacking up max IVs when breeding. If you have a single Poke with perfect (or near-perfect) IVs, breed it until you get a child of the right gender with several of the perfect IVs inherited, then swap out the inferior parent for the child. A bit twisted, though. :P

Logically it makes sense that the games don't record which Pokemon are related, though. It could amount to a ton of information to save if you breed a lot.

~B~

typically though those arent siblings they're more like aunts and uncles breeding with nieces and nephews

pokemon is a twisted game, man

What I described was actually parent and child.

Name every Poke Oedipus!

~B~

Having never bred for IVs before as I basically breed for either fun or attacks. Also getting both genders to fill out my Pokédex. Also that standing I didn't know it actually prevented Pokémon from the same breed line from breeding themselves. Maybe I just never had that problem. I do remember reading something in one of the strategy guides that it is harder to get Pokemon of the same species and trainer to breed as opposed to separate Pokemon or trainer from the same egg group. So Breeding your two Charmanders is much less likely to get an egg than if you bred mine and yours or Charmander with anyone in the dragon or monster egg group regardless of OT.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I do remember reading something in one of the strategy guides that it is harder to get Pokemon of the same species and trainer to breed as opposed to separate Pokemon or trainer from the same egg group.

Actually, two of the same species breed faster, if I recall correctly. Two of the same species, from different trainers, along with the oval charm gives that fastest egg-producing rate, I think.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I do remember reading something in one of the strategy guides that it is harder to get Pokemon of the same species and trainer to breed as opposed to separate Pokemon or trainer from the same egg group.

Actually, two of the same species breed faster, if I recall correctly. Two of the same species, from different trainers, along with the oval charm gives that fastest egg-producing rate, I think.

~B~

With different OTs yes. But having the same OT is what I was referring to. No idea what the Oval charm is, so have to take your word for that. Though if it is a breeding item that could be the reason for that misconception. Just like some items increase the chance of transferring moves, IVs, Natures, and alike.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

it goes like this, from slowest to fastest. throw in the oval charm wherever you do.

different species, same trainer 

different species, different trainers

same species, same trainer

same species, different trainer

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Do you have a reference for that by chance so I can check? Oh you forgot that Pokémon form different regions as well. Though maybe that just falls under the shiny variable present value.

Onua.png

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, did you get them in a row or was there large intervals in-between them? As the former would be even more amazing.

Onua.png

Well if they were bread out to be Shiny then it is possible that the same trainer had all of them. Though with as many that are out there at any one time I would think that it would be hard pressed if somehow you got more than one Pokémon from a single Trainer let alone the same species. There is as large as what 8% or something to that effect when doing the discovered method for Breeding a shiny. Yeah I forgot the name but it makes getting a shiny from an egg all the easier these days. Added in the Item you can get after beating the game and even more so...

Onua.png

bad question ^ better question: did they all have the same OT? if so, they were probably cloned or genned. if not... still probably cloned or genned not gonna lie

They did not have the Same OT.

Nice, did you get them in a row or was there large intervals in-between them? As the former would be even more amazing.

Intervals, but they weren't very large though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Delete it now.

It's extremely addictive. :P

This is probably the best advice.

Yeah, Mega Mewtwo and Mega Glalie are made of PURE EVIL

I had enough trouble with the Latias and Dusknoir special stages...

Oh! I haven't tried those yet.

I'll Try and do them tomorrow.

Edited by Dragon11603

I've been jamming to Pokemon Black all day. After ragequitting my old save file after losing to the Elite 4 for the thousandth time, I started over. I'm in Pinwheel Forest with a team of a lvl. 20 Timburr, a lvl. 20 Blitzle, a lvl. 20 Panpour, a lvl. 19 Herdier, a lvl. 18 Servine, and a lvl. 17 Sawk I just picked up by the Challenge Rock.

Does anyone have any tips to proceed from here? Any Pokemon I should pick up in the area?

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted here in a while but I'd figured I post this

A Hoopa event is announced for the US at Mcdonalds. Hopefully when they say US the mean North America. I'd hate it if Canada lost out on this legendary.

The event goes from November 27th to December 23rd.

Also this is really old news but I hadn't seen anyone talk about it. Zygarde was revealed to have new formes

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zygarde_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

canada will get it, usually those events that apply to america but not canada are hosted by american companies. nintendo is japanese and has no such bias

I'd like to point you to pre-Platinum, where I'm pretty sure there was a bunch of that, one way or another. Or maybe I'm misremembering and it was just the fact that wifi was a thing now. Either way, I get this feeling that there's been something re-

... oh right. Shulk at best buy. >>

Six, and while you have a point, it's just a fair reminder that at any time, things could theoretically change.

I mean, how long did it take for Canada to actually get the eshop cards? Like 6 months, IIRC? that's a pretty long wait...

• 4 weeks later...

Pokemon Black: I love it and hate it.

I love it since it was such a great and innovative game when it was released. The Pokemon are great, the story is fun, and the post-game is chock-full of stuff. However, it's easy to hate since its main feature is its Wi-Fi connections. And the day after I got Black, Nintendo Wi-Fi support was removed so the Entralink and all that is forever barred to me.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran