• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1373 replies to this topic

#641 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2012 - 08:02 PM

On to matters unrelated to an episode I have yet to see, I'm watching Captain America, and I was a little amused to see a couple of actors I knew but hadn't expected - actors whose names I don't actually know, like the guy who played Cohen the Barbarian in The Colour of Magic, or - and more relevantly - the actor who played the Dream Lord in that one episode of Doctor Who. He even, funnily enough, has the bow tie.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#642 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2012 - 08:21 PM

Spoiler

the actor who played the Dream Lord in that one episode of Doctor Who. He even, funnily enough, has the bow tie.

Toby Jones. He's also the voice of Dobby in the HP movies :P

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#643 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2012 - 08:29 PM

Spoiler

the actor who played the Dream Lord in that one episode of Doctor Who. He even, funnily enough, has the bow tie.

Spoiler
- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#644 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2012 - 08:41 PM

Excellent, I'll remember that name. You wouldn't happen to know the name of the other fellow - the old Norwegian guy near the beginning/Cohen the Barbarian in that Discworld movie?

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

#645 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 993 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Sep 01 2012 - 11:15 PM

Oh Moffat, you so crazy.
Spoiler

I am moving across the country! I'll be on the road until Wednesday, August 20th, so please allow me time to reply to any messages/etc. Thanks!

newbforumleader.jpg
(That's a blog link for what it's worth)

The Q&A Compendium
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

#646 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,788 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 01 2012 - 11:52 PM

Spoiler
-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#647 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 05:13 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Arctic-Monkeys-Blog-Banner.jpg

But that place on memory lane you liked still looks the same / But something 'bout it's changed

#648 Offline Yukiko

Yukiko
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,835 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 08:19 AM

IDK the PBS airdate for Sherlock, but both seasons are out on DVD and well-worth your money. Picture quality and able to watch over and over!-CF

No, Sherlock aired in May and I watched it. (And now I have to wait two years. T.T) What was the original British Airdate though? Then I can figure out when I can watch S7 of Doctor Who. (I don't have cable.)

Arrrrggg....so I have to wait 4 months at least. Must...not...click...on spoilers. :glare:

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie - Shuuan

lampbanner.jpg

Library [blog]

#649 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 09:49 AM

Excellent, I'll remember that name. You wouldn't happen to know the name of the other fellow - the old Norwegian guy near the beginning/Cohen the Barbarian in that Discworld movie?

Not off the top of my head, no. I'm sure wikipedia has it though

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#650 Offline Lord Koji

Lord Koji
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,194 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 10:14 AM

Last season felt weak. I hate Dalek episodes.This was fantastic.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#651 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,788 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 10:33 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#652 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 03:13 PM

Spoiler

But that place on memory lane you liked still looks the same / But something 'bout it's changed

#653 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 03:43 PM

:kaukau:
Spoiler

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#654 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 04:03 PM

I think I remember someone once said that there's no continuity errors in Doctor Who, because you just missed the episode where the Doctor went back and changed it :P

#655 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 06:10 PM

Spoiler
Also, caps of every version of classic Dalek that were in the episode are here, if folk are interested.- Tilius

Edited by Tilius, Sep 02 2012 - 06:15 PM.

stendan.jpg

#656 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,788 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 07:48 PM

Also, caps of every version of classic Dalek that were in the episode are here, if folk are interested.- Tilius

I completely missed the Special Weapons Dalek, and was sad.I loved how Rory asked, "What color?" Which is a valid question and everyone laughed at him!-CF

Edited by Picard, Sep 02 2012 - 07:49 PM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#657 Offline Sisen

Sisen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 3,127 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 08:17 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler
-CF

My assumption is it just happens long after she stops being the Doctor's companion, since no one is a companion forever.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

#658 Offline Lord Koji

Lord Koji
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,194 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 08:56 AM

Actually, I found something interesting.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#659 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 12:26 PM

Actually, I found something interesting.

Spoiler

Spoiler
- Tilius

Edited by Tilius, Sep 03 2012 - 12:27 PM.

stendan.jpg

#660 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, I just rewatched The End of Time, and compared to Moffat, Davies really could be kind of insufferably bad at thinking the plot through. Moffat plans like Da Vinci engaged in random acts of technological supervillainy - he does it for fun, and he does it extremely well. Davies planned like water treatment plant technicians make a souffle - he isn't an expert, and planning meticulously would have gotten in the way of his funky space saviour motif.

Edited by Ymper Trymon, Sep 03 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#661 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,788 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, I just rewatched The End of Time, and compared to Moffat, Davies really could be kind of insufferably bad at thinking the plot through. Moffat plans like Da Vinci engaged in random acts of technological supervillainy - he does it for fun, and he does it extremely well. Davies planned like water treatment plant technicians make a souffle - he isn't an expert, and planning meticulously would have gotten in the way of his funky space saviour motif.

It's refreshing to see a post affirming Moffat's genius and Davies' shortfalls. Too often do I see the opposite, mostly among people who don't want to think enough through Moffat's plots.-CF(However, we can give a little credit to Davies here and there. What he did to Donna was a total Moffat move. And he brought back The Master as John Simm!)

Edited by Picard, Sep 03 2012 - 02:08 PM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#662 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 03:04 PM

I still think Moffat has his flaws, mind. He hasn't yet reached the heights of Blink or The Empty Child yet. The Pandorica Opens was good, but then the whole Big Bang 2 reset was very Davies-esque, and all of his female characters seem to be 'feisty' domestic abuse-y types. And his plots are sometimes needlessly complicated and have distinct holes, or are a bit silly like the muddled up time in the S6 finale, with Churchill and a mammoth and stuff. Overall, series 5 and 6 were way better than 2 and 3 for me, and probably better than 1 and 4 as well, though those two are the PINNACLE of the RTD era.I really want a perfect Dalek story next time they turn up. VotD started off well before jelly bean Daleks and Bracewell being disarmed with love, and AotD was great but kind of lacked something....but this is maybe because of my own expectations of it. Still the best Dalek story for ages, though.Next time, I want Davros to be back in a big way (you'd have thought he'd have been put in the Asylum, really), with a more specific aim than convert/destroy everyone, and possibly working with the Doctor in some way. And lots of Daleks, too, possibly RTD Daleks in classic colours. Just a classic, perfect Dalek/Davros episode. I hate it when episodes are near-classics - Churchill and Daleks is a concept that could've been fantastic, but got let down by the apparent need for a Dalek redesign.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#663 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 03:14 PM

....The VotD Daleks do kind of look like jelly beans.

#664 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,788 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 04:01 PM

I call them Skittle Daleks. XDDavros showing up in the asylum would have been awesome. But also would have been a much different, less emotional story. Because there's no way you could fit JLC and a Davros reveal in the same episode, especially for the series premier.Also, Tilius:
Spoiler
-CF

Edited by Picard, Sep 03 2012 - 04:13 PM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#665 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 04:12 PM

Not Jelly Beans.Posted ImageJelly Babies.

#666 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 04:19 PM

I call them Skittle Daleks. XDDavros showing up in the asylum would have been awesome. But also would have been a much different, less emotional story. Because there's no way you could fit JLC and a Davros reveal in the same episode, especially for the series premier.Also, Tilius:

Spoiler
-CF

Spoiler
I still want a Dalek Caan figure from TSE/JE, but I doubt they'll make one now.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#667 Offline Makuta DUSt

Makuta DUSt
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 617 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 04:01 AM

The more I think about Asylum of the Daleks, the more it seems to get worse.
Spoiler
What I do like about this episode is the direction and the lighting. The special effects were good too. Every time I watch the episode I enjoy it more and more than I initially did, even though this has more holes than swiss cheese. Overall, a good start to the series, even if it has its problems (in my opinion).

Edited by Toa of the Nova Corps, Sep 08 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#668 Offline Toa Fuffuloo

Toa Fuffuloo
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 284 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 04:07 AM

Sooo.....Random: I just realized that Torchwood is an anagram for Doctor Who..... My mind is blown, to say the least, but that's what Doctor Who does to you.(edit: sorry about the randomness.... I figured someone out there might stand to learn something from my post, haha...)

Edited by Toa Fuffuloo, Sep 08 2012 - 04:08 AM.

I AM the first and (hopefully) only Toa of Cereal!
Thanks to Black Six for the Proto Boost!

#669 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 06:46 AM

The more I think about Asylum of the Daleks, the more it seems to get worse.

Spoiler
What I do like about this episode is the direction and the lighting. The special effects were good too, in my opinion. Every time I watch the episode I enjoy it more and more than I initially did until I remember the plot holes and continuity errors.

Spoiler
- Tilius

Edited by Tilius, Sep 08 2012 - 12:03 PM.

stendan.jpg

#670 Offline Makuta DUSt

Makuta DUSt
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 617 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 07:52 AM

I've just realised something.The image of a Weeping Angel is itself an Angel, so if you look at the Angel in the eyes, it will create an image in your memory. At the end of Blink, Sally took some photos of the Angels along with the transcript. Seeing as Sally and Larry obviously remember the event (and the pictures), an Angel is going to jump out of the photo or their minds and kill them, or at least zap them into the past. Larry also might have looked at the angel in the eyes when Sally found the doors were locked in Blink, so he must be infected...Dear God, no one is safe.

Edited by Toa of the Nova Corps, Sep 08 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#671 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 09:31 AM

I never liked that image of an Angel stuff, it all becomes too complicated and is a bit silly anyway. It'd be okay if that was only the rule for the Angels in the Series 5 two-parter. Hopefully that's the case.- Tilius

Edited by Tilius, Sep 08 2012 - 09:32 AM.

stendan.jpg

#672 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 09:32 AM

Isn't it a popular theory that the Angels in Blink had come from the pictures? Meaning that the Angels emerged from the pictures, sent the Doctor to the 1960s, then hung around until Sally Sparrow came and froze them, but took the photos that they emerged from in the first place which the Doctor then took back in time slightly ready for them to emerge and send him back in time?

#673 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 10:35 AM

Don't think we really need spoiler tags anymore.

Some of us don't get BBC in any form, you know, and therefore haven't seen it yet.Also, I was able to find the episode on the internet a couple days back (HUZZAH), so now I can actually click on those spoilers. . .

#674 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I kind of won't be able to see these episodes until next year, most likely. Netflix is all about delaying things.

#675 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 02:25 PM

Wow, really wasn't expecting Dinosaurs on a Spaceship to be that good. I thought it'd be one of those quite silly episodes with loads of stupidity and massive flaws, but it wasn't. It wasn't that silly, and it was just really good, and even better because I wasn't expecting it.Better than last week's, IMO. Gotta love Rory, but I say that every week.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#676 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 03:04 PM

How could anyone not love Rory?
Spoiler

Edited by Doctor Wotz, Sep 08 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#677 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,788 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 04:46 PM

Dinos:
Spoiler
Also, a note on Asylum of the Daleks:
Spoiler
-CF

Edited by Picard, Sep 09 2012 - 12:13 AM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#678 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 03:54 AM

Dinos:

Spoiler

I liked 42 and Cold Blood :(

Also, a note on Asylum of the Daleks:

Spoiler

:oWhy didn't I notice that? That's the kind of thing I notice :/

Edited by Doctor Wotz, Sep 09 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#679 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,546 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 05:16 AM

Finally got around to watching the Pond Life shorts today. They're adorable! Especially the second one, with the Doctor first barging in like a little kid telling Mummy and Daddy there's a monster in his bedroom, and then awkwardly trying to act like a responsible adult and assure them it's all okay...Also, I'm a bit late on the Asylum of the Daleks talk, but...
Spoiler

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#680 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,185 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 01:44 PM

I thought I recognised the voice of Robert Webb in that last episode!!

Spoiler

And Mr. Batley in the ITV miniseries Titanic!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users