Toa Brains?

TahnokVa123

There are two major ways of removing the brains. This one purports to be safer, but this is probably the better-known method.I have tried neither, but I know plenty of MOCists who have. Generally, I think that there's a preference for the one in the first link, but both are hit-or-miss: You could either get the eyes out or shatter the brain piece.~ BioGio

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Best way to fix this? Get new parts off of eBay or Bricklink or B/S/T or whatever. Those things are practically impossible to seperate, like when I got a short antenna rod jammed in a Meltdown tank so there was no room to pull the wide part and pushing didn't work because of the round tip. That took hours. This will take days.

aouROFb.png

I tried Ausar's method once. It did get the piece out, but I was foolish enough to be standing above it when the eyes came out and rocketed into the air.Let's just say I would have wound up removing my own eyes too if I weren't wearing glasses.I like the one Aanchir posted. Definitely gonna give it a shot some time. With goggles, just in case. x_x

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I've only needed to remove a few of them, but I managed to do it without any scratches by using a pick intended for taking out crab meat and nuts once they've been cracked open. It's odd that we've never used them for either of those purposes, but they were excellent tools for pulling out "Toa brains."-Ced

i had trouble with those heads for quite awhile but i built a little device to pop it out. :alert:YEAH THIS IS MY 600TH POST :OMG:

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting fact about the eye-removal method that BioGio and Chols mentioned is that it was actually posted in an ooold news post back in 2001.However, I admit that the method Aanchir mentioned appears the easiest. It looks like there's barely any force applied in that video.~B~

Edited by Ballom

I can not seem to take those toa brains from 2001-2003 has any body taken one out before?

Have you even read the replies to this topic? That's what everyone's been talking about.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Daiker's way is the best, in my opinion. It's the most comfortable and the most reliable. It's also rather easy, if you have a strong enough grip. Plus it looks like you're putting the Toa in some kind of torture device or deathtrap, a la Saw.

MENTAL WOUNDS NOT HEALING

LIFE'S A BITTER SHAME

I'M GOING OFF THE RAILS ON THE CRAZY TRAIN

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: I have imagined Toa brains to literally be a sort of living crystal that allows for the electrical signals of thought to comence.Oh wait, that's not what you meant...I have to admit, I've never used any of the methods listed, although there is one head that I'd like to reassemble with different eyes, and when I eventually find that I really would like to get around to it, I'll use the safer methodDaiker linked to.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh