Library Summer Olympics 2012

Hahli Husky

I made a mistake writing the deadline anyway, so don't worry, guys. It was supposed to be 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time, so I could catch it. XDAnyway, deadline is hit and judging begins now. :) If anybody who didn't enter this one wants to help judge it, please let me know! Also, if you entered here but didn't enter the COT version, you can judge that one.

Edited by Larry Fine

Name: Eyru (AKA Fullmetal Eyrchamist, but everyone knows me as Eyru)Writing Sample:

....... I lifted my sword high, and the sun broke the horizon in the east, blazing red and gold and lighting up the silver blade in a blazing fire of colour. I drew a deep breath, knowing that it might be my last, but also knowing, this time, that I would not back down. Today, I would stand against evil as the Toa I was destined to be, and give my reply at long last to him who had said I was not worthy of the name........"You shall not pass."
I am quite looking forward to this event. :)

It's hard finding just 100 words...Name: XccjWriting Sample:“It’s jump or die,” Dalu said, taking a leap. “I’m going to risk it.”Velika followed her. “Here’s hoping the Stone Ape can fly,” he yelled out, sailing through the air behind her.Gar jumped, and his momentum carried him forward through the air as he passed over the water. He fell through a small grove of trees, and he reached out to grab a branch for support. He got one, but it snapped, only slowing him down a bit. He slammed painfully into the ground, and his mask went sailing. But he was alive.:music:

Nuuuu!!! Epics! I really want to be able to participate in this, and I was looking forwards to this so much, since the last Epics Relay was so much fun (plus my awesome team put together the winning story!), but I'll be away for the next two weeks with literally no internet access except on weekends. My not-so-literal heart is breaking. =(

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Name: Legolover-361Sample:

A spark. A whirr of gears. A sudden screech — a faint puff of smoke—Silence.Nuparu pushed his goggles out of his eyes and leaned over the robot’s open chest paneling. To the untrained eye, the robot’s innards were naught but a messy sprawl of gears and cables, shoved inside the metallic outer shell like an afterthought. But Nuparu’s eye was trained well; to him, the mechanisms for movement, calculation, and balance all formed an intricate, delicate design, more artistic than Po-Metru sculptures or Ta-Metru forgings.Only one, tiny hitch kept the Vahki from being perfect: It refused to start.

Hm...I guess I'll enter the Epics Relay.Pahrak CantusWriting Example:This sound we refer to is (as the stories go) the sound of one violin, which plays a melody of untold sadness and despair as its unseen player stands anonymous in the ominous tower. We must take special care to express the full nature of this song--a song said to be so melancholy that it casts a pall of hopelessness over the heart of any who hear it, as if Misery herself were the composer of this mysterious tune.

I entered as a judge for whatever epics/SS events i don't enter, so I guess I'm withdrawing as a judge from Epics- BionicleName: Nick SilverpenWriting Sample“We fought for a life without you,” Tahu said, his anger coming forth in the flames that leapt from his fire sword. “Be gone, so we can live in peace!”Some day you will meet other evils, whose power is far greater than mine, the voice of the Makuta reverberated through the blackness. And when you meet them, you will finally miss me. The darkness regressed, leaving Tahu in merely shadows. He could see the path he walked on now, a winding tunnel where the flickering orange glow of lightstones eerily lead to the catacomb of caves beyond.

Name: Grant-SudSample:An entire squad of Toa had arrived from the Coliseum to reinforce their allies in combat, only to find the battle over. Naho had been there with the troops, to watch Lhikan and the various survivors appear from the schools and homes, tired and broken, but safe.She had looked toward the sky. A constant drumming of rainfall covered the streets of broken pavement, crumbled buildings, uprooted plant life, and the Silver Sea around them shook with unnatural disruption, like it was crying.Ga-Metru was crying over the bodies now littered across her land.

Edited by Grant-Sud Rises

This looks like it's going to be fun. :)Name: The Smoke MonsterWriting Sample:Lesovikk, surprised by the attack, crashed into the sand like a meteor. He barely got to his feet when Destroyer rushed towards where he laid and pulled the Toa up by the back of the neck."You thought you were succeeding in stalling me from my goal. "Destroyer said mockingly. "Let me show you how wrong you are..."An energy field emerged out of Destroyer's hand, forming around Lesovikk's body. The Toa screamed in agony as the field tightened around him. It was the last sound he made before his body was incinerated into atoms.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Name: dotcomWriting Sample:One lone Matoran ran. He ran from his pursuers, all the while knowing it was futile, for they were the sort who never gave up on their quarry.The Dark Hunters were bigger than him, and quicker. In almost no time, the two had him cornered. He was almost willing to give them his most prized possession, but decided defiance would be more honorable.The Hunters didn’t wait to find out what he thought. He was just one Matoran, helpless before them.They were sure their leader would be pleased with their retrieval of Toa Stone. They could not fail.

AXKP5KC.png

Name: Emissary to the VoidWriting Sample: Sahmad splashed some water onto his face and looked into the mirror at his reflection. He was still young, though not quite as young as when he had began his career as a miner. His face bore some faint lines and creases of age, but that was of no matter to him. As long as his back was strong, he would be fine.The miner set about his morning rituals without hesitation, habits repeated over the course of centuries, engraved into his being. He washed, changed and scrounged some breakfast together before heading out the doorway into the dawn air.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Name: GSRWriting sample: And they never asked him if he still had visions, and so he never told them that yes, he did, but it was alright.That night he bade them farewell and returned to his hut, leaned his staff against the small forge he kept, and laid himself down to rest. And he dreamt of a planet so far away, of its cities that put Metru Nui to shame and of heroes and villains, and when Turaga Vakama awoke he smiled, because it had nothing at all to do with any of them.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Name: ZaxvoWriting Sample:

Tahu spun around, but before the Rahkshi arrived, the island disintegrated with a rumble, entire chunks of rock and earth and vegetation flying high in the air and showering those on the ground. Tahu heard a whistling sound and looked up. Of all things, a massive tree was hurtling towards him at high speed.He only just got his Hau activated in time to stop the tree in its tracks. Wouldn't that be something, he thought to himself. Tahu, Toa Nuva of Fire, killed by a tree.

{Z}

Name: Janus (AKA Sir Fancypants of the Highest Degree)Writing Sample:My breath caught in my throat—was this monolithic thing what had attacked my city? Why had it returned to Koto-Nui then? Was it tracking me? Thoughts whirled crazily in my mind as the massive thing continued to sweep the city, its blazing lights sweeping through the empty streets.-Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

Name: BallomWriting Sample:Despite the secrets his crystal eyes saw, one eluded Argentaros. After being guided to the Sharakoro Islets by an internal compass, in addition to the evidence of Nosfernox and Icrizahk, his quarry was not there. The culmination of a month's toil had been for nothing, for the mask was not there.Somewhere, somehow the Mask of Nature had vanished to another location. In all likelihood, it was lost at sea forever. Even generations of Matoran might not ever see it in their lifetimes. Tilting back as if struck a physical blow, Argentaros roared across the archipelago in rage and defiance.~B~

Name: ExcelsiorWriting Sample:His music sang on, of hope in the darkness, of love for one's comrades, of honor and loyalty and selfless sacrifice. It sang of all that was best and purest in life.It was a Song of Light, and the creature of the darkness could not withstand it.The Song ceased. "I am sorry," Krakua said quietly to the fallen Rahkshi. "Sorry that the Music brought you pain. Surely if there had been any good in you, it would have been strengthened, not destroyed."-Excelsior

bannerwithstrangedevicesmall.jpg

My writings:

The Toa Ekara - Visions A short story. Ga-Koro Mobs My entry for the LSO Comedies Contest. Team Extempore's entry for the LSO Epics Contest

I'm signing my brother up, as he is not able to do it for himself at the moment. Hope that's okay. :)Name: What?Writing Sample:As Tahu's steps faded down the corridor, Vakama finally convinced himself that honesty was the best policy. But by then it was far too late. Horrified, Vakama saw a tiny dot go down the fall. He knew he had doomed the Matoran to an existence beneath Makuta just to continue the perpetration of some relatively unimportant lies. He buried his face in in hands. despairing, cursing the lies the Turaga spoke so glibly.It was a sudden crash that brought the Turaga out of the nightmare he had created for himself. He looked up slowly to see a smoking Mata Nui stone in front of him. He stared wonderingly at Tahu's smoldering back as he walked away.- 55555

Posting late here in case we need to balance the Epics teams or something. Shame I didn't notice this in time. :cMember name: KakaruWriting sample:My french fries are cold. I pick through them like a bulldozer through a pile of brooms, not really picking any up, not really getting anywhere. I’m not hungry though my stomach is crying for something. I gaze out the window across the derelict parking lot. I can see traffic rushing across the freeway and overpass just beyond. The mountains loom high and dark beyond, capped with a fringe of forest. There’s a light rain falling, pooling in the warped dents in the lot.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

No prob, Kakaru, the writing doesn't start until tomorrow, and I think we do need somebody to balance it out. I'm arranging the teams right now, and will be posting the start up topics tomorrow afternoon. :)Also, the judging results for Comedies are in! I'll be tallying those up this weekend, as well.

Edited by Hahli Husky

Just a real quick question. There is a rule about pre-writing planning before hand? So does that mean Teams won't collaborate on what to write, and just write it in as they go? If so, that'll be real fun, but just double checking.

Edited by Grant-Sud Rises

Just a real quick question. There is a rule about pre-writing planning before hand? So does that mean Teams won't collaborate on what to write, and just write it in as they go? If so, that'll be real fun, but just double checking.
That's what it means, yeah. :) Round-robin is when someone writes something, and then the next person writes whatever they think should happen next, and so on. No collaborating or planning.

Just to ensure I'm interpreting the rules right, I have three questions to ask:1. Are we allowed absolutely no discussion during writing (no PMs, IM chats, etc. about the direction our story should take)? I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "Yes, no discussion," but I want to be sure.2. The rules say no original characters can be used, only canon characters. Are unnamed background characters who play no important role in the story allowed (e.g. writing about a canon character leading an army, but having that army consist mainly of nameless soldiers)?3. Provided the answer to question two is yes, what is the utmost limit of importance an unnamed background character can attain? Can one have a speaking role, or must they remain completely, utterly obscure?

Edited by Legolover-361

Just to ensure I'm interpreting the rules right, I have three questions to ask:1. Are we allowed absolutely no discussion during writing (no PMs, IM chats, etc. about the direction our story should take)? I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "Yes, no discussion," but I want to be sure.2. The rules say no original characters can be used, only canon characters. Are unnamed background characters who play no important role in the story allowed (e.g. writing about a canon character leading an army, but having that army consist mainly of nameless soldiers)?3. Provided the answer to question two is yes, what is the utmost limit of importance an unnamed background character can attain? Can one have a speaking role, or must they remain completely, utterly obscure?
1. No discussion during writing, yes.2. Unnamed background characters are totally fine.3. My reasoning for that rule is that I don't want people inserting their own main and supporting characters from their own stories, or their RP selves, or a character that's basically a self-insert. You can create and add background and "throw-away" characters, if you will, speaking and even pushing the plot forward if need be. For instance, you make up a Matoran character to warn Gali of a danger in Ga-Koro and accompany her back or whatever, and maybe she could even get hurt or kidnapped or run to get help for Gali. As long as this Matoran is not the focus of the story. I hope that makes sense! Edited by Hahli Husky