IC: SpectreSpectre continued on, doing her best to remain quiet, not knowing that she had already been detected. She slipped both pistols out of their holsters, making sure they were ready for use as she continued on.She was going as quickly as she could while remaining relatively quiet, and considering her particular ability set, that was faster than most humans could go. She wasn't going anywhere near her full speed, both for reasons of stealth and to keep her heart rate down, but she was moving swiftly.She checked every room as she passed it. It wouldn't be long before she found her targets.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Uh I guess that’s fine (construct)man.Permission denied Kaithas XDIC: Scorcher (Weapon-X Facility, Plane)“Oh I don’t…” he lied looking away. He ran a hand through his black hair and fell into a brooding quiet.IC: Feral (Weapon-X Facility, Plane)“You can **** off bub,” John grunted. “Say somethin’ again and I may just have to give you a vasectomy.” He grunted.“What do you mean they got Shadow?” he demanded. “That’s not good…” he said at what Krystal said next.“What do you mean they got her?” John said to Krystal.IC: NPC Weapon-X Assassin (Cemetery)Hit by the slap of power he fell unconscious.IC: White Queen (Weapon-X Facility)Katherine laughed as she was thrown on the bed, and as Jace was over her kissing him. She pulled him to her.“I have everything in mind.” She smiled at him revealing perfect white teeth, and her fangs fully out.She looked up as Grigori entered the room, she’d momentarily forgotten about them. “Jace these are my companions.” She said.“It wouldn’t be fun without a challenge.” She said to Manuel. “Besides I doubt they are equipped to face vampires, their bullets will only cause us pain.” She said.She looked at Jace and flashed him a bright smile, “A girl has to have fun.” She said.Katherine got up at Manuel’s words her face twisting in anger. “You are not my master.” She spat. “If I wish to kill then I shall.” She said, her fangs still descended and her fist closing.“You came here to assist me, and that is what you shall do, if we must kill to escape then we will.” She said coldly."Jace... we must leave here." she said to her progenny.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC (Manuel)"And you have made your last mistake Katherine." Manuel made a show of brushing of his hands. "I wash my hands of this. You are a fool. I have seen vampires slain by bullets before...or did you think there were no vampires amongst the Soviet armies ranks who objected to Stalins rule? You have lived for so long Katherine...but you know so little." He turned to Jace. "If you are wise you will avoid this one. This is far from the first time she has let her lust for violence cloud her judgement. I believe in certain things, loyalty to one's friends among them. But I draw the line at callous murder." Manuel snarled and almost made a lunge at Katherine before restraining himself. "Grigori. We are leaving." He straightened his top hat and pulled his pistol out from under his coat.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: White Queen (Weapon-X Facility)“No you are a fool.” She said. “You deny what you truly are.” She said. “You are vampire! You live to kill!” she spat. “It’s in your very blood… to resist that… is like to resist breathing for a human.” She said.“Oh I know bullets can kill us, but it is not easy… besides with our speed and strength we shouldn’t have to worry.” She said.“You forget that I am an ancient Manuel, I can stop these bullets with my mind before they can hit us.” She said.As he almost lunged at her she prepared herself to attack, but then he stopped. “Wise choice.” She said.“Go then…” she said.IC: Feral (Plane, Weapon-X Facility)“Sounds like they did more then just mind wipe her.” He said. “After they mind wiped me I still had my emotions…” he said.

IC: Grigori moved to follow Manuel, but spared a glance back at the other two before doing so."Work before play, Katarina. You would do well to remember that."He had briefly considered putting his gun away after Manuel's order regarding killing, but now that his employer had drawn his weapon, Grigori was quite comfortable keeping his own at the ready.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Adrian made his way to the jet that was set to take them to find and retrieve Daken. Adrian was not pleased to be a part of this mission, but, like all things involving Weapon X, it was do or die. With a sigh, the Peacemaker strapped himself into a seat, uncomfortably shifting in the Weapon X uniform.---Asura's claw hand expanded into shield form once more, his enhanced perception and speed still being active. The shield reflected the shotgun shells back at Sentry at that same close range, even as Asura attempted to bludgeon Sentry with the shield arm. "Inflicting pain is what I do!"---Nero groaned, feeling muscles twitch painfully all across his body. The change was coming. It wasn't a question. Nor was it something he could stop, even if he wanted to. Despite the constantly growing aches, Nero let out a small chuckle, which was quickly overridden with a cry of pain as he could feel his muscles begin shifting, stretching, enlarging. The heat that had been feeling earlier grew white hot in intensity, as claws began to peel free from his fingernails, his teeth growing into razor sharp fangs.The pain only intensified as the change really started kicking in, Nero's body bucking and falling out of the chair he had been placed in. His bones creaked and cracked as they rearranged themselves, becoming more dense, strengthening. His legs bent in impossible ways as they took on canine form, feet breaking free from his shoes as they morphed into a mix between foot and paw, sharp claws pressing out of his toes, and scratching the ground.Nero's cries rose and dropped in volume as his ribs expanded painfully, along with the bone structure of his face, his skin blackening as the changes continued. Dark fur began to erupt across his skin, rustling as Nero curled up on the floor attempting to escape the pain which was building far more than he had ever thought it would.Nero's face had stretched into a full blown wolf's muzzle, changing his groans and cries to pants and whimpers as he tried to press himself up onto his hands. The pain had seemed to be dying down, when there was a series of loud cracks, Nero's spine shifting and aligning as his tail exploded into being, long and sleek furred, considerably longer than what would be normally expected. Nero let out a howl of agony, his legs scrabbling for purchase on the floor, his fist slamming into the floor with barely held in pain and rage. The stumbling block passed, the rest of the transformation happened almost as if in fast forward, ears shifting and elongating, muscles bulging and rippling, and fur finishing it's covering of his body, silver streaks and patches coating the front of his body.Nero began to stand, eyes glowing a bright purple, with swirls of gold pulsing throughout. Nero's last conscious thought before his mind gave way to the instincts raging to take over was that he was... standing. Standing on his own two feet... For the first time in years...Nero, now a mess of pure instincts and shredded remnants of emotions, howled victoriously, the howl taking on an unearthly tone as his sonic powers overtook the howl, layering it, amplifying it. The howl sounded with the cries of multiple wolves, ranging in pitch from the deepest of rumbles to the highest of whines, glass rumbling, cracking and threatening to shatter under the sonic assault.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: "Vampires in my base?""Like h***." A voice frigid enough to chill even the undead floated into the room. Under the guise of the little spat, Spectre had arrived. The dark haired girl stood in the doorway, eyeing them all warily. Her pistols were held at her sides, ready to fire at the first person to move.Spectre had the advantage in knowledge, if not in numbers. She had heard snippets of their talk, and they knew nothing of her abilities.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Manuel)"Some do not bow to fate or dumb instinct so easily. Some do not forget so easily. What would your father say I wonder? Would he be proud? Somehow I doubt it." Manuel shook his head in disgust, finally seeing his old friend for what she was. Her intellect was clouded by notions of racial superiority and her will was weak. He had thought her merely sick once...and what kind of gentlemen would abandon their friend merely because she was sick? But it went so much deeper then that. Without a word, Manuel whirled about and exited the room.Then he saw the girl. "Oh dear. I hope you called for backup. You will need it." He would do what he could to protect her of course, he would have no more innocent blood spilled today.OOC:...Excellent post Advent. Truly excellent.*Applause*

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Spectre"I have already seen what you would do to any reinforcements that might be sent." Her eyes started to glow, in preparation for the battle she was sure would soon arrive. "It would be an exercise in futility.""You'll just have to settle for me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Grigori looked at the girl, then at Manuel. He had known, of course, that they would not be able to avoid this sort of scene, but that did not make him any more certain of his course of action here."Do we assist the guards then, Master Komnenos?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Manuel)"We ensure there are no more deaths today Grigori. That is what we will do." Manuel paused and look at the girl again. "Numbers count miss...for more then you know. Even in the Middle Ages a large group of warriors was a threat to an ancient. After all, if every vampire made in the age of Rome still lived the world would be very different." Manuel's tone was not unfriendly, but it was somewhat anxious. "You have seen what my psychopathic associate did to the guards. You really should have called in some support." Manuel was calmly positioning himself between the girl and Katherine.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Sentry (Outside Enforcer Tower)The shells dented his armor but did not harm him. “Then you could do better.” He said as his hand shifted into a Gatling gun as he opened fire at Asura’s legs before driving forward slashing at his shield with the beam-sword.IC: Ultimate Feral (Alrich's mansion, Countryside)Feral watched Nero’s transformation, transfixed by it. Nero was standing… he could walk. The gift had given him the ability to walk again. He grinned at this revelation before covering his ears from the powerful sonic howl.IC: Feral (Weapon-X Jet)“Sounds like brain-washing to me.” He said. “Weapon-X is stepping up.” He said. “What if they decide to brain-wash us all?” he said softly. “Turn us all like Shadow?” he said. He felt as the massive jet began to run down the runway before arcing up into the air going straight up as it cut through the frigid air, they were away.IC: White Queen (Weapon-X Facility)At the sight of Specter, Katherine launched her self at the girl, attempting to sink her fangs into her neck, using her vampiric speed. OOC: EDITED

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC (Manuel)Manuel was there. He launched himself at Katherine with all the strength he could muster. He would have no more deaths today. No more innocent one's at least, Katherine had stepped out of that category quite quickly. With Grigori's support he was certain they could win this battle....of course, it did depend on if Jace threw in his lot with Katherine.

IC: Jace (Ashlynn's Room, Weapon-X Compound)Jace took three strident steps past the newly started duel between Katherine and Manuel and tilted Spectre's head up so that she met his gaze; she was quick on the draw, firing a bullet through his abdomen before he could react, but then his eyes dilated and began to glow in time with the brainwashed Weapon's. For an instant, he contemplated killing her before remembering Ashlynn's stories of what had happened with the X-Men, her relationship with this "Alaric," and the young, schizophrenic mutant that had come between them. Jace smiled, then. This would do well. Looking around at the others, he met Spectre's gaze again and smiled gently. "Hi, there," he said softly. "My name's Jace. Can you do me a favor?"Her face was still hardset, but she didn't shoot him again, so Jace felt it safe to lean into her ear and cup it, whispering instructions unheard by the others into her ear. Her face furrowed in confusion once or twice, and she almost made a move to speak, but Jace kept talking, and finally, a peaceful understanding clouded her face. He leaned back and met Spectre's glowing indigo gaze again, his smile unfazed and his fangs unseen."Can you do that for me?"-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: SpectreEven once she had ceased to physically fight back, Spectre mind still resisted. Brainwashed or not, she kept going, trying to force her body to obey her, long after the average person would have given in.But her mind had not yet recovered from the trauma it had been forced to endure, though Spectre knew nothing of it. Despite her best efforts, she lost the battle of wills.Silently, the weapon holstered her pistols, and departed the room, screaming at herself every step of the way, fighting to regain control of a body and a mind that no longer listened to her.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Grigori came at it rather more cautiously, drawing his letter opener with his right hand, and waited until Manuel and Katherine came into contact, at which point, following orders, he lunged forward, thrusting the blade directly at Katherine's right eye. It took a good deal of focus to predict the movement of the charging vampire, but with what he had seen of the way she fought, he had a very good chance of hitting his intended target instead of somebody else.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: White Queen (Weapon-X Facility)Katherine felt Manuel’s arms wrap around her. She whirled around, attempting to drive a fist into his gut, and then smash her forehead into Manuel’s hopefully knocking him off of her. She hissed, “You have made a grave mistake Manuel… I won’t enjoy helping you meet the true death.” She said, suddenly she felt the sharp object stab into her eyes. She screamed as she clutched at her eye as crimson blood poured forth from the wound.Pain lance through her, unbearable pain as her vision was cut in half. She'd heal soon... but the pain was almost too much. "You son of a ****!" she screamed. "I'll kill you!" she yelled. OOC: Edited cause ninja

Edited by Flex Capacitor

OOC: Many thanks, Basilisk! *Theatre bow*IC: Asura flapped his wings powerfully, powering him up and away from the gatling gun fire, then using his speed to fly behind Sentry while he was driving with the beam saber. With a whoop, Asura shifted the shield back into the pile bunker form, and drove it at Sentry's back, complimenting the punch with a pressure blast, the bone pistons slamming in with a muted thud.---Spencer had hopped up to the ceiling during Nero's transformation, and was now staring down at the newly born werewolf cautiously.---Nero's eyes wildly scanned the room as if taking in his surroundings for the first time. His eyes stopped briefly on Aldrich, then Feral before his eyes continued to gaze around. Dropping to all fours, Nero began prowling about the room, though what he was trying to find, he was unsure of.

IC (Manuel)Manuel pressed the advantage, he attempted to sweep Katherine's legs out from underneath her with a well-placed kick. If he could manage this, then the fight should be over quite quickly. Katherine's attack had cause him some pain, but he had once been run down by a group of angry Mamluks and trampled. He could deal with pain. For now at least.IC (Aldrich)Aldrich watched all of this, wondering when the human mind would reassert itself. The instincts were overpowering at first, but with enough willpower...or practice...one could keep them under control.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Grigori, being of a more practical mindset, did not respond verbally to the death threat, instead choosing to reverse his grip on the gun in his left hand, and swing the heavier rear end of the gun towards Katherine's throat, intending for the blow to further unbalance the older vampire. If they could get her off her feet, the fight was more than half won, and they could - if those who ran the base chose to cooperate - leave in peace to return to their usual business.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Thoroughly spooked by Nero's new... Demeanor, Spencer asked out loud to whoever would answer "So... How long do you guys think he's going to stay like... That?"---Nero's head snapped to Spencer's voice (causing Spencer to twitch), but returned to ignoring him soon enough. Nero turned to stare out of a window, seemingly transfixed by something. A low growl built deep in his throat, a anxious feeling, a feeling of urgency beginning to battle with the want to explore, the want to hunt, the want to run free. This urgent feeling, whatever it was, was very strong.

IC: Sentry (Enforcer Tower)The hits landed, denting his armor heavily and blasting him forward through the air. He whirled around alarms blaring in his helmet. Suit’s capacity at 33%, an automated voice informed him.“****.” Sheen said.“This isn’t over.” He said through his helmet before using his thrusters to skyrocket through the air, flying away from the battle scene. He turned and looked at the tower… his ultimate feat… his greatest accomplishment. He already knew it was lost, the Brotherhood were too many and too strong… he’d have to start anew.IC: Ultimate Feral (Alrich's mansion)Feral watched as Nero prowled around the room, sniffing around. He turned to Alrich it seemed that his gift had been accepted and there was no need for him to continue in his werewolf form. Feral had two new brother’s… it felt strange to be connected to them for the simple fact that they were all now werewolves.IC: White Queen (Weapon-X Facility)Katherine was swept off of her feet by Manuel’s legs, falling back against the ground. She caught the pistol with one hand before it could slam into her. Before either of them could act however she closed her eye and unleashed a powerful telekinetic blast in all directions, with enough force to hurtle both Manuel and Grigori away from her.“I brought you here to help me and instead you betray me?” she said her voice dripping with venom. “To think I once called you a friend.” She said as she got to her feet after the blast, rushing towards Grigori as she jumped into the air, attempting to land a powerful kick to the side of his head.Due to the sounds of battle alarms began to blare through the base, and a squadron of soldiers began to run down the hallway. As they saw the intruders fighting amongst themselves they took aim and began to fire, bullets bouncing off the walls around the vampire combatants.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: Grigori ducked under the kick, and twisted his body as he did so, bringing his right arm up for a stab at Katherine. She was moving a bit too fast for any precise strike, but a stab to any location would work. As he was doing this, he adjusted his grip on the Webley, and prepared to fire as soon as Katherine landed from her rather impractical attempt at an attack.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Asura cackled as Sentry retreated, wasting no time in swooping back into the melee below. Now it was time to see if he could grab himself a few of those nanotech suits. He couldn't imagine these not selling well. They practically made the user capable of doing what Asura himself was capable of doing naturally. And that could only equal easy cash.

IC: Nick heard the alarms go off, and he ran to the hall the vampires and crew were in. He got within line of sight before managing to push back his urge for the hunt, and stood there for a second, mouth slightly open, his bloodlust making his canines elongate. He turned and walked off, thinking that it was weapon x's problem, and they could deal with it.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jace (Weapon-X Compound)Except Katherine never quite landed.Two blurs - which, after a minute, were distinguishable as Jace's arms - reached out and caught Katherine, pulling her backwards. Grigori's strike met air, and his momentum was carrying him too much for him to be able to readjust. The Civil War veteran was already in the doorway, his sire in his arms, and took a second to meet Manuel's eyes. Jace gave him a respectful nod - after all, the vampires hadn't done anything to him - and then turned on his heel and ran. He didn't stop until they were out of the base and in the field around the compound.Katherine was giving small, dry sobs, clutching at her eye, and Jace sshed her quietly, leaning down and biting open his wrist. Katherine suddenly felt a small trickle of Jace's blood running down her throat, and that, combined with her own natural healing factor, returned her eye and other wounds to normal after about two minutes. He lay there on the cold ground, holding her as she sobbed quietly, and ran his hands through her hair pensively for a minute."We should go home."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: So Jace is so fast that nobody has time to react to anything he does in the time it takes him to go from a room inside a Weapon X base to a safe distance away from the base?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: No, but you got him all the way out of the base with definitely no interference from anybody else, which seems a bit fishy to me.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Katherine butchered most of the guards not twenty minutes before, and the ones that had met up in the hallway are still dealing with Manuel and Grigori. Nobody would have known to be alarmed until two minutes before.They had the element of surprise while escaping. Nobody could have done anything in the time span given.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: So there were less than twenty-four guards on the entire base? That's not weird at all, and as Grigori and Manuel aren't actually doing anything to the guards, one would think that they would focus on the bigger threat, aka the person who's actually showed some interest in killing guards.By definition, nobody in the middle of an intense fight has the element of surprise when deciding to retreat. Everybody already knows you're there, they have quite thoroughly ceased to be surprised.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: White Queen (Weapon-X Facility)Katherine felt herself whisked away by two powerful arms as the world around her became a blur as Jace sprinted away through the base with vampire speed. She leaned her head close to his chest taking in his scent as she quietly sobbed due to the pain and clutched at her destroyed eye.Soon they were in a frozen field outside the base, she looked around with her remaining eye as Jace raised his slit wrist to her mouth and she began to drink in his blood… it was familiar tasting and inviting, it tasted sweet like him. She pulled away when she’d had enough her lips red from his blood.“Thank you…” she said as he lowered her to the ground. Suddenly her vision returned as she felt her eye close up, her emerald eye returning as if it had never been missing. She wiped away the blood from around her eye and looked at Jace.“Thank you.” She said. “I should have never brought them with me.” She said darkly. “I sweat Grigori will pay for what he did to me,” she said.“We should.” She said. “Jace I have to talk to you about something.” She said. “I am apart of a cult known as the Hellfire Club.” She said. “I am their White Queen… and we are in need of a new White King.” She said.“Will you join me?” she asked him. “I need you at my side Jace.” She added, she looked down as a few bullets were pushed out from her chest and stomach by her healing factor, it seemed she'd taken a few shots while Jace had been escaping. IC: NPC Weapon-X Guards (Weapon-X Facility)"The Colonel wants to see you in his office." a guard said as he walked up to Specter.OOC: Leaving for work soon :/ Note the guards were shooting at all of the vamps, Jace and Katherine included as they escaped, I had Katherine take a few shots, but he was moving with his full vampire speed.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

So there were less than twenty-four guards on the entire base? That's not weird at all, and as Grigori and Manuel aren't actually doing anything to the guards, one would think that they would focus on the bigger threat, aka the person who's actually showed some interest in killing guards.
Except the guards who showed up wouldn't know that, as none of them were there until after Spectre left and Katherine was fighting the others. It's not like Jace was trying to kill any of them, either, so they wouldn't know who to target.And no; all I'm saying is that there's minimal resistance in the path that Jace took, as Katherine had already cleared it out for him.
By definition, nobody in the middle of an intense fight has the element of surprise when deciding to retreat. Everybody already knows you're there, they have quite thoroughly ceased to be surprised.
This was hardly an "intense fight." It was a two on one skirmish that happened to have alarms sounded on it twenty seconds before it ended, which, again, means that no one who came to end it really knows what happened.-Tyler Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Two vampires versus one other vampire with a bunch of people shooting at everybody. Bullets tend to make things a wee bit more intense.So now that Jace has used his Flash powers to get out of there, and Manuel and Grigori are, presumably, just sort of standing there, what are the guards doing?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Presumably, they'd be trying to apprehend the vampires that are standing there, as trained soldiers wouldn't let people who were just engaged in a skirmish at their compound just stand there.IC: Jace (Canada)"Alright, then. I'm with you."Jace lifted Katherine to her feet and took her waist in his arm, helping the still-weak elder vampire walk as they left the Weapon-X base behind them. The fact that this was Katherine and that they were going to be together again - forever, this time - was all that Jace could concentrate on, and the close proximity of his sire after so long apart was almost intoxicating."I've missed you," he finally said. "I'd heard rumors during World War I that you were dead."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Yay. Infighting. Yay.IC (Manuel)Manuel had hidden himself in the doorway and attempted to calm the situation. "We wish to speak! We mean no harm!" It was likely futile, but one could hope.