IC: Nathan - Outside Danger Room, Institute -
I suddenly had a feeling that I really should not have done what I did, Jesika was even more amazed by my wings than before. I think I had a permanent companion for quite some time.
Wait....pretty? I was finally beginning to register what she had just said, and the full implications of that. Then she grabbed my hand and started to drag me down the hall, I had to fold my wings onto my back quickly to avoid having them crash into anything.
Gawd she has a grip of iron.... I was fairly surprised at how strong of a grip she had, especially for a little girl. My only conclusion was well....mutant. It was just my luck that this crazy, bubbly girl would also have super strength.
She was also convinced that she'd get wings inside a Christmas present, and I was quite fearful of what would happen when she didn't get wings.
"...I bet they'll be hot pink with blue polka dots and be the prettiest wings ever but not as pretty as Nathan's because your's are the prettiest ones and..."
Yeah she was really excited about the idea of having wings, I was praying to God that somehow she'd get some at this point.
Though the fact that she though my wings were the prettiest was almost flattering coming from a little girl, it amused me at the very least.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Siegfried cracked his neck as he stared off the edge of the helicarrier, as he was want to do. The worst of the excitement seemed to be over for the moment, so now it was apparently time for relaxed celebration of the holidays. Such a thing was something to be quite thankful for. Siegfried smiled as he watched his colleagues enjoy themselves.

---

Corpse furiously stalked out of the mansion in search of sustenance. Once he was replenished, he would make moves to aid the planned ambush, but not a moment before.

---

Xander looked tiredly into the mirror adorning the wall of his room. Ever since joining the Hellfire Club, despite his willingness to follow Romulus, he had kept to himself, still lost over the upheaval of his life, the loss of Weapon X. The feeling of being lost was truly beginning to wear on his mind...

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Howard - USMARIID -

"Well... Now what?" Balrog rumbled, freeing Howard from the blood pincers.

Howard looked at the one who had helped battle Corpse, he'd never admit it, but he was rather glad he'd had some help back there. "Thanks for the help....Mister?" He looked Balrog over, the guy looked like the mixture of a rock monster, a lizard, and a unicorn. Weird.

Knight walked over to Howard and shined a light on a wall. "The teleporter took the female Captain America, do you have some way of tracking her?"

"What!? They took Noel!?" Howard said in alarm, completely forgetting about the two by him and opening his tracking device, immediately trying to locate his fellow Avengers. He couldn't find Noel, nor Ares for that matter. He immediately opened a call to the remaining Avengers, who he'd loss track of. "Noel has been captured! And Ares is also unaccounted for!" He said hastily through the communications.

Howard walked over to where he'd last seem Noel, finding and picking up her shield, he also saw scattered bits of blood. This did not help his anxiousness.

Edited by Snelly

IC: Jesika

Jesika skipped down the hall, her hand still crushing Nathan's and the constant stream of words desribing her Christmas wings never stopping. "...And they'll be in a blue box with white stripes and purple ribbon and..."

At this point, her present was beginning to become very specific, right down to how the shiny wrapping paper was folded. This may or may not have been good for Nathan's current situation, as he continued to get pulled down the hall with a skipping, bubbly, little girl obsessed with his wings. Every so often, her electric-blue eyes glanced behind her (gigantic grin on her face, of course), as if making sure that Nathan was still behind her, even though she had his hand in an iron vice.

Eventually, Jesika pulled Nathan into the main room, where the tree (and presents) were located. "Now," she said, dead-serious as her search for hot pink wings started, "We need to look around for my wings, because they have to be somewhe-"

Jesika stopped mid-sentence, and her mouth fell open again. No.

Way.

Her wide-eyes were completely fixed on Jared, or rather, his wings.

For all those involved.

Running would now be the best course of action.

"YOU HAVE WINGS TOO!" came the high-pitched, bubbly voice, directed entirely at Jared. Jesika looked like she was going to pass out, but managed to pulled Nathan along towards the other winged mutant.

"AND THEY ARE GREEN!"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Nathan - Institute, Westchester -

To say I felt a bit awkward and embarrassed at being dragged around by a little girl would have been an understatement.

And know she'd found yet another victim, Jared, the poor soul. His insect-like wings would have Jesika hysterical for probably the rest of the day. I was starting to get worried that she might pass out from the excitement.

And okay...I was sorta amused at the look on Jared's face. He looked very surprised. Maybe I though it was funny because that was like, me five minutes ago.

Oh wait, she still has me in a vise grip...darn. My hand was starting to feel numb.

IC:

"Hey, I never said I wouldn't pay, love," Dallas replied, reaching out and ruffling Angela's hair purposely with a smirk as he parked the car and slid through the power window like a cat burglar. "But if I'm buying gas, food, and your happiness on this trip, my fingers are gonna be scraping the insides of an empty wallet pronto. I'm just thinking in terms of contingency plan."

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Narration:

Despite searching through Will's long-term memories, Knower could not find anything hidden there.

"Excuse me," The doctor said, standing behind knower, "But where is you... Team leader? I would rather like to speak with her."

"It's Balrog," The mutant rumbled, although by the time he'd said this, Iron man had gone over to where his friend had disappeared, "Don't worry. Maybe she accidentally got transported with them..?"

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC Knower"Okay, something's wrong, but what?" I thought. I then heard the doctor's voice behind me. "Agent Ishtar," I replied. "I'll take you to her." Not waiting for the doctor, I adjusted my sunglasses, took note of the fact that for some reason my suit was dark green instead of black-"Why am I wearing my Matrix suit?" I thought-and combed my hair back. Arriving back on the deck, I saw Natalie and Brando... okay, stop thinking about it. Thinking about will only make you sad. Being sad is bad. You've already had enough sadness to last a lifetime. Desspite my best attempts, just seeing them hugging brought a whole swath of memories back, memories that weren't worth thinking about. "Natalie, sorry to interrupt," I piped up, shooting James a confused look-"What are you doing?" it read-"But the doctor wants to speak to you." OOC What exactly did Rapture do? And why can't Knower detect it?

Edited by Constructman

IC: Jared would have ran.

If it hadn't been for the massive discharge of light he had used in the dark on a cold day. As it was, he merely stood there and grinned at Nathan before looking back at Jesika. Not sure how to reply to such an enthusiastic person, he merely said: "So I do. Uh, it looks like Nathan is about to lose a hand."

IC: Natalie let go of Brando and looked at the doctor. "Agent Ishtar at your service."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Cynthia has my approval.

IC: Venom, Malus

We would not be brought down by this fool. Not today, and not any day.

As we were thrown from the roof, our hands stretched out and caught the edge of the building our foe was standing on. The concrete cracked under our increased weight, but we pulled ourselves upwards, propelling our massive body through the air.

And right over Foreshadow.

Our fists turned into a pair of spiked wrecking balls and flew directly downwards. No change in gravity would halt their movement.

"Oh, she's just precious, isn't she?" came Malus's chilling voice from behind Jesika, "so adorable. And her wish, though as innocent and hopeful as her, will never come true. How sad."

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Beast (Russell's Home, Westchester)

“Ah,” Beast smiled. “That is true,” he said. “Well whenever the tea is ready I’d love a cup.” He said. “Now do you have any questions about what I do? Or the school I run?”

IC: Mimic (X-Manor)

She nodded her head, “Exactly.” She said. She’d felt more alone then ever when her best friend Jake had died. But Aleks and Chris had both come into her life and help heal that wound.

“I wish Jake was here…” she said. “He’d be so happy.”

IC: Feral (Basement Level, X-Manor)

As John stepped out of the Danger Room his holo-gram costume faded, replaced by his usual clothes. His clothes were now shredded and torn and he had blood still dripping down of his body. He saw one of the Chris’ walk past. “Hey Card.” He said.

IC: Invictus (Westchester, Woods)

“Then we may still have to live on the run from them,” he said. “If they still exist they will want me back.”

IC: Stranger (Hellfire Mansion)

Ares screamed. “Noooooo!” he called out as Novocain dragged the knife all the way down his chest, drawing blood. “Oh do be quiet, the more you scream the more I will enjoy this.” Novocain said as he placed Ares hand into a massive clamp and then began to press it down.

Ares screamed again and tore at his bonds as his hand was repeatedly crushed. He could feel his bones being crushed to a pulp. His mind was overwhelmed by his screams and Novocain’s loud raucous laughter.

“Louder boy! I can’t here you!” he said as he stabbed the knife into Ares thigh.

IC: White Queen (Jace’s Condo)

The door to Jace’s condo flew open as Katherine stepped inside. She ran a hand through her crimson hair before turning to the two newcomers.

“I didn’t know we were having guests over,” Katherine said. “And look at how they are dressed; I didn’t know you were into roleplaying with our meals my love.”

IC:

An invisible force slammed toward Malus' side, likely knocking him aside.

"You're a prick." The trench coat clad teenager said sharply, glaring at him. "Leave the kid alone. It's Christmas for God's sake, and heaven knows she isn't going to get to stay innocent for long in this place."

"Get lost. Go sit in the corner for all I care."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Lucia)

Lucia knew a predator when she saw it. She'd waltzed through the halls of Roman politics and she had seen those eyes before. On the faces of generals, senators, thugs on the streets....cold. Flat. Caring only for one's own pleasure. She'd seen those eyes on the senator whose wives kept...vanishing. She'd seen those eyes on the Counsel who'd butchered his own family in a rage. Lucia knew those eyes far too well. She turned to her erstwhile companion. "Prepare yourself. This will end in blood." She didn't have many spells she could cast on the fly, well, none really. But there were some she could cast with the materials on hand. Blood was the key in more then a few rituals and though she had no time to draw a summoning circle....

Well. Call her petty, but if that women was what her eyes said she was, she would settle for taking her down with her.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Malus, Julia

Malus only grinned as he stumbled sideways.

"Why, hello," he said, "you must be Alex. I've heard so much about you.

He bowed.

"My name's Malus. It's an honor to finally meet you."

Julia had followed Alex to the foyer. Her claws extended instinctively.

"Alex," she whispered, "this guy was at the Weapon-X compound."

67tlbk.png

IC: Alex

"That routine's as cliche as your name, "Malus". Latin, isn't it? Means "bad", or something equivalent to it. Negative connotation." The technopath's hands were kept in his coat pockets, his expression razor sharp, glaring at the former Weapon. He nodded slightly at Julia's words.

"So let's get this straight. You're a former Weapon, or Weapon X official but that's not as likely, you have a name that indicates less than pleasant intentions, and you've been terrorizing small children."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Jared was staying silent, but his actions more than confirmed Julia's statement. His wings were extended to their full length. No longer insectoid, they had looked like bird wings with leaves for feathers ever since he became corporeal once more. The lumokinetic's hands were glowing with green light.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kristy"I agree with... whoever the creepy guy is," Kristy said, standing up, completely forgetting about the guy who just barged in (OOC don't ignore Otter). "She's almost a teenager; she needs to start growing up. After all, if we can prepare her for... whatever's coming early on, it won't be such a shock when the real thing happens." Kristy spoke from experience; in the past two months, her entire view of the world had been shattered. But perhaps it was for the best...IC Foreshadow"Holy ****, this guy is STRONG!!!" Immediately after seeing Venom pull himself over the edge despite all of the G-Forces pulling down on him, Peter knew that he was in some serious trouble. So he had started to back away, even as Venom flew up above his head and launched his fists into the ceiling. Tumbling out of the way, Peter found himself falling off the edge of the building. No matter; he simply levitated onto the one behind. "Man," Peter thought. "Where is law enforcement?"IC SpartanLaw enforcement was in the Enforcer Tower, voraciously gulping down some sort of... black soup. "A true warrior's meal," Homer would often say of the vile mixture of pork leg, vinegar, pork blood, and salt. Fortunately for anybody who happened to be dining with him, the local Spartan/Spearton/whatever had some more appetizing things on the menu, like roast chicken, fresh fruit, and such. This was the first good meal that Homer had had in a long time, for during his intense workouts, all that he would eat were Isagenix Protein shakes. It was also probably the last good meal he would have in a long time; Homer rarely gorged himself like this, but hey, it WAS Christmas. Unfortunately, fate had other plans than letting the Enforcer enjoy his meal. A live newscast showed two people fighting it out on the roof of a building the first didn't warrant Homer's attention. "Probably another mutant," he thought. "Apparently he thinks he's Spiderman, or more like Gyroman." Then something caught his eye. It was the other combatent. It was... "Venom?!" Getting up from the table, Homer instantly went for the armory. "But Eddie Brock's been dead for 17 years; could the symbiote have found a new host?"

IC [Wallace/NYC]

"Oh, bugger." Kenneth took a defensive stance, quarterstaff held firm, while he slowly began to recite some spells in his head. He really didn't like the prospect of changing himself, but if the situation called for it, having the agility and strength of a beast might come in handy. Or, if he could hold an attacker down for five or ten seconds, he knew some key spells to incapacitate them for the time being. "One moment I'm on the shores attacking an invading fleet, the next someone's trying to eat me. This isn't my profession!"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Alex

The technopath's eyes moved to Kristy, narrowing.

"I don't think you understand what you are talking about. Innocence is not something to be thrown away, simply because the world is cruel. It should be protected because of it."

"I spent the last two months on a world that was nothing but a warzone. There is no happiness. There is no joy. There is only death and destruction. The kid's young. She doesn't have to deal with the world just yet, not for a few years yet."

"Sit down, and shut up. When you're a parent, you can decide to be the Destroyer of Dreams. Not til then."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Malus, Julia

"Yes," Malus confirmed with that grin still plastered across his face, "that just about sums it up. Oh, by the way, your lady friend there is looking quite pale. Are you alright, dear?"

Julia didn't answer. In all honesty, she was terrified. If this guy was here, at the manor, could that mean Weapon-X was still out there, looking for more helpless victims to experiment on?

67tlbk.png

OOC: If you want some cops then RP them arriving on the scene.

I’m also assuming that Kenneth was speaking in his native tongue?

IC: White Queen (Jace’s Condo)

Katherine cocked her head at Wallace slightly. He was using an ancient dialect of Gaelic; one that, since she was over a thousand years old understood. She’d been born in Ireland, and she could detect his Scottish accent, and also recognized his clothes.

“I haven’t heard anyone speak like you in a long time Scot.” She said slipping into the same tongue as him though with an Irish flare. There was a blur of movement and soon she was very close to the both of them. She examined them thoroughly.

“You must be very old, but yet you are not a vampire.” She said as he fangs slid out and her eyes flickered crimson. “I can smell your blood, you are human. Human immortals?”

IC [Wallace/NYC]

"A Celtic nightbeast. Just lovely." Kenneth's tone was something between a hiss and a whimper. He'd read of these things in his studies, and when he asked his master, he had always given a vague 'myths often are grounded in reality' and went on his business. Kenneth wasn't sure if his powers would even work on this creature, the relationship between magic and the supernatural being the way it was. "I am afraid to disappoint, but I have yet to find a philosopher stone in my master's cabinet, though considering how bloody old he is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in there somewhere."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

One hand slipped out of his coat, and wrapped around Julia's shoulders in a comforting hug. "Just breathe." He said under his breath to her, his eyes moving back to Malus. "I've got this under control."

The thecnopath nodded to Kristy briefly. Louder, "Malus. You have three seconds to leave. If you aren't gone from this room by then, you won't like it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Spencer hopped down from his spot on the wall, perplexed by the sudden tenseness in the room where Alex, Malus,Kristy and Julia were situated. He made to make a calming comment, but chickened out at the last second, really not wanting to get in the way. Disappointed in himself, Spencer mustered up some courage, and went to try again.

"Hey, guys, we should take it easy. It's holiday time. There's no need to be so grouchy with each other."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC (Lucia)

Lucia brought up her dagger when the beast appeared before her companion. Granted, an athame wouldn't do much against such creatures. This was far worse then a mere murderer, one of these beasts had attempted take control of the senate. It had taken most of the guard to finally slay it. It was the strangest thing....the creature shrugged off blows from blades, but when an archer had fired at it, it had doubled over in pain. The arrowtip didn't appear to have hurt it...but the wood. Lucia paused. The wood was the key then. "These creatures...they cannot stand wood. It causes them pain."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Wallace/NYC]

"Really?" Kenneth raised an eyebrow, then turned back to the nightbeast, shaking his quarterstaff threateningly in its direction. "I have a six foot pole of solid oak-wood. Begone!"

Edited by Dr. Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC [Wallace/NYC]

"This is a quarterstaff; you don't stab with it, you hit your opponent on the head or in the ribs really bloody hard and it breaks their bones. Whole lot of good it'll do if I have to stab the nightbeast with wood. Do you happen to have any fencing stakes on you?"

voidstars.png

OOC: She removed... Something. She also changed part of his persona, but in such a manner that it would be hard to distinguish from the original. Knower can't detect it since she edited his memories in such a manner that it would difficult to tell if anything has changed.

That's able to be changed back... She didn't get much time to get rid of the original personality, fully.

IC:

"Yes, Agent Ishtar..." The doctor said, an uncertain and edgy tone to his voice, "First off, the boy is going to permanently scarred. Severe second degree burns like those do that to someone. We've already performed a skin grafting on him to help the wound heal. He'll be out of commission for at least two weeks. Maybe more, maybe less. Secondly, does this boy's parents know about this? If not, they have the right to know that their son is laying in a bed, recovering from a fight that scarred him for life."

"I already really know what you do. The whole world knows by now," Mrs. Russell said as she prepared some water to be heated for tea, "I just- I wanted to know if my son could attend. He's still unregistered, and it'll only be a matter of time before I have to register him with the enforcers, or have them knocking on my front door."

Chris, didn't know what to say. Partly because the memories he'd borrowed had worn off, partly because he didn't know what to say outside of, "Yes."

Christopher avoided bristling at the mention of 'card'. He wasn't that... Thing.

"Hey... John. It's Christopher by the way. I was wondering if you could help me work the danger room so I could... Talk to someone."

IC: Jesika

She watched Malus leave, making a face and sticking her tongue out at him as he did so. "He's mean, and grumpy," Jesika decided, making another sour face in his general direction. "I bet he needed a hug when he was kid. Or maybe more love."

Jesika paused for a minute, before shouting after Malus, "YOU'RE GONNA GET COAL IN YOU STOCKING. I BET YOU'RE ON THE NAUGHTY LIST NOW."

Seemingly satisfied with what threats she had direct at him, Jesika turned back around, her hand latching onto Jared's now as well as Nathan's. "C'mon!" she said, her face once against lighting up like the Christmas tree before her as she pulled the two of them along, "We've got go find my wings!"

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Nathan - Institute, Westchester -

Okay, whoever this Malus guy was, he'd better hope I never catch him alone...cause I'd most likely gut him with my katana.

I stared at Malus, I was holding my tongue for Jeskia's sake, I was pretty sure anything I had to say wouldn't be something I'd wish for her to hear.

Then Alex appeared and told the guy off. I'd last seen him two months ago, just before we attacked the Weapon X Facility and rescued everyone. He'd left with the those Ultimate guys to save their universe or whatever. It seemed he was back.

"Thanks man....for a second there I though I was going to end up doing something drastic-" I was cut off in surprise as Jesika went on the move again, now dragging me and Jared toward the Christmas tree.

IC: Ashley - San Francisco Bay, California -

Ashley was currently running away with several boxes of Capn Crunch when her phone started ringing. She dropped several boxes and pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Oh it's Matt." She said, flipping the phone open and answering it. "Hey Matt, what's up?"

Edited by Snelly

OOC A few questions:What is the view on mutants outside of the USA? If they're countries out there more tolerant of them, why can't the mutants just emigrate?Do the Enforcers have the right to operate outside of areas under legal US jurisdiction? Could they target a mutant that isn't a US citizen?How does magic work in the Marvel Universe? It seems sort of strange to me.IC Knower"We brought Aether here without his parent's knowledge, didn't we? At the most, we told them that he was going to boarding school. Do we even have the right to have him as an agent?" Now that the doctor had mentioned Aether's parents, I was a bit confused. Did SHIELD have legal custody rights of minors? We weren't really honest in telling his family about it.

IC:

It's Matt, on the phone. Probably coming for Ashley, and, by extension, me. God forbid anyone else knew he was headed to Cali: Nicole might have come along, too--

What if she had? What if Matt and Nicole were, even now, in San Francisco somewhere, searching out where I was staying? What part of no, I don't want to be a part of your militant freaking team of freedom fighters anymore didn't they get? What, just because they were fine with fighting and possibly killing just for rights that would never last more than a generation or two, that meant I was supposed to be too? Well, what if I didn't want to hurt people or die for a cause that I could do much more good towards from where I was at right now? Bring people around by being you, living your life, letting them see that you're not a bad guy, that was my method, and so far, it was working.

The crux of the matter was, none of the other X-Men had understood that, save Ashley. They didn't know what it was like to kill a guy in cold blood during a siege on some random fortress in Canada and then end up having empathetic lucid dreams about it for two months, day and night. They didn't know what it was like to have to force yourself to wake up every morning because your mutant power wanted to convince you that you were dead and comatose, they didn't know what it was like to feel every car wreck, every trip down the stairs, and every wound that they inflicted on the people they were fighting. The people the X-Men were hurting, well, I was at the top of the list, and I kept letting them do it. Most of all, they didn't know what it was like to have a home, grow up in it, let it mold you, and then have it ripped away from you. Most of them were orphans, or had really rough lives before they came to the school, but me, I had adored Cali. I would've never left, had I the choice, but I hadn't. Now, four years later, I did.

And by God, I'd take it: no more X-Men.

As Ashley answered the phone, time temporarily pulsed around her: when it sped up again and returned to normal, she looked around in confusion. Slowly, her eyes fell down to the ground, and where she had dropped four boxes of Captain Crunch, only three were present, and I had dissipated into what looked like thin air. The missing box was the only real indicator that I had ever been in the room in the first place.

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND