OOC: For the Atlantean: I'm not sure I'm particularly keen on the idea of this construction of a full second generation of Marvel heroes, as opposed to original heroes, so I'm going to withhold judgement on him for a while.

Lynae seems fair enough, but I'm confused as to why such a supposedly kind character is being applied to the Hellfire Club.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: The Mysterious Priest - Outside Hellfire Club -
The Priest smirked, the smoke had mostly cleared up by now, Balrog had only created enough for his own escape, it was dispensing in the air. As Knight fired a stun laser the Priest had teleported again, this time right behind Knight. It had been easy enough to telepathically detect when Knight was about to fire well before he actually did, as the mind works faster than the body.
He whispered into Knight's ear, "Even if what you just said actually made sense, you really shouldn't steal my lines."
IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -
'Jess' almost yelped when Lucas started talking, she hadn't noticed him enter. "Mutant...what? And you don't look like you work here. Get out!"
Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Lucas/Las Vegas]

"Dude, I don't know precisely why I'm here at the moment. What I do know is that I was tasked to find a person by a random stranger who was apparently conducting demonic rituals. Both of them, not just the random stranger. Then some guy from the Dresden Files pops into the main lobby and now I'm here. I honestly have nothing better to do with my life. So, just, chillax. Once I find the girl, I can strike it off my to-do list and we can all go on our marry ways."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: James

From his position on the floor, James grunted, straining against his bonds, only falling still when the gun was drawn. The voice was hazy, unclear, unfocused like the image of the gun being aimed in his general direction. It was a calculated risk. The bullet probably wouldn't kill him outright, even if it was to the head. His body was too durable for that. But if he couldn't break free, that was a moot point.

"Just like Pakistan, huh, Captain Kalamazoo?"

The super soldier froze. He knew that voice... That was-

No. He was dead, he watched the shuttle go up himself. This wasn't Brando. It was almost certainly a shapeshifter, god knows he'd dealt with enough of them in the past. Arguably the most annoying mutation there was, especially the ones who were good enough to assimilate knowledge, memories. They were nigh on indistinguishable. But there was one very big test to be made. A calculated risk. It always was.

He proceeded to start pulling against the devices keeping him against the chair, trying to break something. Either the bonds would give, or the chair would. If it really was Brando, he wouldn't shoot.

IC:

"Gabe." A mildly annoyed, but somehow patient at the same time, voice called out, stepping into the room. Sebastian seemed to grin, looking back at his master, and gesturing with a paw toward the bathroom door.

"You've been causing trouble again."

OOC: I concur with Advent. I'm getting a bit leery of approving more characters that are directly descended from a canon one. They were a novelty at first, but now they're just running wild. The Marvel Universe is starting to seem a bit like it's populated with rabbits, rather than people.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Gabriel - Las Vegas

"Nice to see you too sir," muttered Gabriel, the now male teenager exiting the shower. "And I haven't done anything too severe. I mean, during my trek across the country I've only changed the genders of eight people, destroyed the barns of two, and attempting to sacrifice a reindeer to a ... OH GOD MUST SUPPRESS THAT MEMORY."

IC:

"My point exactly." The librarian replied patiently, raising an eyebrow at the last remark. "You can't just run around like this. If I could find you, the Enforcers could too. And they won't show up for tea, they'll show up and push a gun against your head.""You know better."

OOC: Lynae approved (1).

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

'Jess' was more than a little put off right now. Not only was she currently stuck as a girl...again, but these people had just barged in here...and seen her as a girl.

Not really thinking of the consequences, 'Jess' picked up a pillow from the bed, and threw it at Lucas' face as hard as she could.

Edited by Snelly

IC [Lucas/Las Vegas]

The pillow froze in mid air, Lucas looking at it then smirking as it was tossed to the side. "Feather pillows. Don't see many of those nowadays." Then he glanced at the two bickering. "So... you're actually taking him... her... somewhere? Well, glad I could be of service in all of this." He glanced at the girl. "You seem familiar. Look like-" then Gabriel changed her back into a man. "...Ah, so that's what it looks like."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Silver Serpent

'You still need to get used to not using your name.' The Biohesive told Susan. "I didn't want to disturb anyone if this was the wrong place." She told Tyrone, but that wasn't entirely true, she really didn't want anybody to know she was here if this was the wrong place.

IC: Knight

Knight jabbed his elbow backwards and spun around as soon as the Priest started speaking. 'Fighting two teleporters in one day, this is just annoying.' he thought.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:

"That would be an improvement. Now, who is this?" The old man's head swiveled to look at Jeff, who has just thrown a pillow at Lucas. "If I didn't know better, I would suspect a link to Ms. Pryde."

"And please stop throwing pillows. I would hate for you to scare off the other mutant in the room."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Howard - Helicarrier -

Howard deactivated his suit, which turned into energy and was absorbed into the arc reactor in his chest. He then walked over to Noel, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You doing alright Noel?"

He hadn't made much, if any progress with the virus as of yet, taking a short break to see how Noel was doing wouldn't hurt, he needed some time to think about the problem anyway, come up a solution.

Jeff sighed, glad to be a guy but somewhat miffed that he had transformed in front of these two people. Jeff looked at Giles. "Ms. who?" Jeff asked, pretend to not know what the old man was talking about.

Edited by Snelly

IC:

"Kitty Pryde, alias Shadowcat, and a former member of the X-Men. Supposedly dead seventeen years ago." The librarian's kindly face narrowed with his eyes. "But I suspect you already knew that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Knower

"Um... Stark? You there?" I said into the comm a third time. "Why isn't he responding..."

"So why are we just standing here? Shouldn't we be... doing something?" I looked around at my team members and remembered Aether's suggestion. "That plan would only work if we can actually move the ship!" I suddenyl realized.

Edited by Constructman

"Maybe I do...maybe I don't." Jeff said stubbornly, crossing his arms. "Why does it matter to you anyway? Mister?"
IC: Krystal - Cerebro Room -
Krystal jumped right to it, ignoring Ashley's question about what had happened, she wasn't in the mood to talk about it a third time. "It's Abigail and Mark...last name Starling."
​IC: Howard - Helicarrier -
"Yeah...I'm out of ideas anyway and there are plenty of other people on this ship just as a capable or even more capable of figuring it out. I can't think straight right now anyway...too much has happened today." Howard ignored Knower, turning off his comm link so he couldn't hear any more calls.
OOC: Lynae Rosewood approved (2)
Edited by Snelly

IC: Knower

"... okay, his comm channel is offline; how the bloody are we supposed to coordinate?!" Shaking my head, I sat down on a bench. "Aether's plan will only work if the virus hasn't hacked into movement controls; otherwise, we may need to reboot the whole computer system, which may send us plummeting to the ground."

IC: Ben appeared in the computer room, face beaded with sweat. "That thing is more complicated than you can imagine."

IC: Natalie spoke in her comm. "Agent Delphi is in charge until further notice. I have something to deal with." Natalie sighed and clicked it off, walking back to her room. She locked the door and curled up on her couch. She started to cry.

IC: Fox appeared, recognizing Giles.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Siegfried, listening on the com, chimed in. "There are enough of us with an impressive amount of strength aboard this ship that we should be able to at least affect the direction of the ship. Between Stark and myself at least, we have the beginnings of a possibility."

​IC: Howard - Noel's room, Helicarrier -

Howard sat down on the couch next to Noel, putting a comforting arm around her. "I know what you mean...I thought things were bad enough when you got captured. That scared the **** out of me...and now the Helicarrer...and Brando..." Howard rubbed his eyes with his free hand.

Edited by Snelly

​IC: Howard - Noel's room, Helicarrier -

"I'm honestly not sure what I would have done if something had happened to you, all I know is it would have been really bad for those responsible." Howard said, looking into Noel's watering eyes.

IC: "You knew where it was well enough to get here but didn't know what it was called?" Tyrone asked, one eyebrow raised sceptically

OOC: New profile! This time I'm leaping on the magic-powers bandwagon

Name: Originally called Heart Beats with Anger, but this tends to stand out so he goes by Jimmy TwonamesCodename: NAAge: Other than 'old' he's no longer entirely sureGender: MaleFaction: None so farPower(S): Mutant power to absorb sources of magic. So if he were on a ley line he could tap into that, or if there were a sorcerer nearby he could suck a little juice from whatever spells were being slung. Or he could just cut out the middle-man and devour the sorcerer, thus ingesting his power on a more permanent basis. Well, technically he won't consume the whole sorcerer, just the blood. Maybe the heart as well if the unlucky victim is especially powerful.

By consuming the blood and occasionally flesh of other mages he can gain their power and abilities for about three or so hours (as long as it takes for him to digest his recent meal) before it wears off and he's back to being forced to leech off others. To get round this he uses the blood in ritualistic tattoos adorning his body, allowing him to store it for later use. They don't give him nearly as much of a kick as when taking direct from the source, but given they're his only option when facing non-magical adversaries they're sometimes his only choice.

He is adept at a number of arcane arts, and if fully juiced up can perform such feats as casting curses of varying properties upon a foe, changing his shape into that of any animal, manipulation of minds, and harming an individual via a facsimile of them. With only the tattoos he's limited to minor illusions and the odd pestilence, anything else drains him too fast

Appearance: Tall and gangly, like a human scarecrow. His normally copper-reddish skin is sallow and paled. His jet black hair is long but not neatly so, rather its messy in the fashion of someone who just has it long because they don't cut it. He likes long clothes like trenchcoats since they hide his various tattoosWeapons: A knife of pure obsidian, black as night and forever sharpSkills: Just making magic reallyPersonality: Surprisingly for someone who seeks out other mages to devour their hearts he doesn't regard himself as some dark messiah come to end the universe. He just sees what he does as how his magic works. Deal with it. He is, however, somewhat humourless and dour, and a little quick to anger. His usual immunity to magic has made him a little arrogant since he existed before the age of guns and mutants where magic was the main power

Weakness:

• Not especially strong and lacks any real hand-to-hand combat training.
  • The greater part of his powers depends on other mages or sorcerers being near.
  • As he has taken on more the role of destroyer and devourer, forms of magic that revolve around healing and new life (eg voodoo or wicca) have become anathema to him, and will bypass his absorption powers

Bio: Born in the south of what is now known as New Mexico, Jimmy was part of a wandering tribe of natives. The nomadic group had been slowly sickening and dying one by one, but no-one could identify the cause. At least until Jimmy started developing his mutant power. For you see there was a witch in the tribe, slowly sapping the life from those around him to extend his own supernatural life. And Jimmy was unknowingly tapping into those powers but without any kind of control. Unwittingly causing plague to whomever he was closest to, he was declared the witch and banished. He probably would have died alone in the deserts and mesas had the actual witch not intervened. Perhaps he had seen a useful ally and future acolyte. Perhaps he really had felt some pity for this child who had taken the blame. Either way he followed Jimmy, took him under his wing, brought him to a village full of witches who preyed on travellers passing through seeking trade or shelter. There he received tutelage, learning the ins-and-outs of this part of the world's brand of magic. And when he grew old and powerful enough he took on the most powerful witches in the village and consumed their power. It was rather hard to stop him considering he could just absorb anything they threw at him. He didn't have any personal vendetta against these elders, he just felt that he should rule as he was clearly the most powerful. He held sway over this village for a great many years, more than one human span of life, until the Twins came. They were self-proclaimed heroes come to free the area from this evil village, themselves using mutant powers, but Jimmy merely saw it as a form of magic he couldn't defend against. Scared and beaten he fled south, trusting in the harsh environment to deter pursuit. He ended up in strange lands ruled by strange people who wore the skins of cats and worshipped at man-made mountains in gore-fuelled ceremonies. Jimmy's own proclivities went well with those of the Aztecs, and it was with them he picked up his habit of devouring hearts to absorb every last trace of another sorcerer's power, and the tattoos to store that power longer. But the Twins were still on his trail, unwilling to let any skinwalker or antjjhnii live. With his powers bolstered Jimmy was more of a match for the pair, but in the end his reserves ran low and they got the best of him. Fleeing once again, he tried a more permanent way of evading their hunt. He found a lonely cave in the mountains and set a curse upon himself with what little power remained to him. To all intents and purposes he was dead, preserved and mummified by the conditions in the cave and his own magic. He was content to wait until the Twins were no more, awakening in a time less hostile to his kind. The recent arcane disturbances caused by Lucia Livania have made the present day that time...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Lucas/Las Vegas]

"At this point, buddy? I honestly don't know either."

voidstars.png

IC: Silver Serpent

"Actually I just knew there was a school for mutants somewhere around here and it was pretty much just luck that I found it." Susan said nervously.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: My god, that seems like such a cool character. In the interest of being objective, however, I would like to ask how his powers work in the case of consumption override. Or, to be specific, if he consumes a mage while in possession of another mage's abilities, will the last set of abilities be overridden, or are they meant to stack?

IC: Howard - Noel's room, Helicarrier -

Howard looked at Noel with a bit of surprise, and then mirrored what Noel had done and kissed Noel deeply on the lips, after a few moments he pulled away, smiling. "Well, I'm not sorry."