IC:

"Alright, you stand there, where Pietro got shot," Brando ordered, directing Siegfried to a particularly large bloodstain as he circled around and raised a finger gun, adopting the same position Daken used. "I'm Daken Akihiro, and I'm PO'd that you just decapitated the leader of the free world. I'm standing just out of sight, about to watch you execute the President...but I don't do anything. Why not just shoot you in the first place and save the President's life?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "...I can only imagine, he wanted the president dead, for whatever reasons. Or whatever his organization's reasons. And by not saving him, he, at the very least avoids the heat and attention garnered for killing the president. It would all land on Pietro's shoulders, and Daken, at the least, comes across as an Anti-hero. Al least, to anyone not thinking too much about it. Once people pick a scapegoat, they are rather loathe to release it."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC (Siun)

One could practically feel it in the air. This tomb had stood for fifty thousand years, protected by the most powerful spells the masters could weave. It had stood strong against great storms, waves and earthquakes. Now though, it was fading. It had been for centuries. The magic could no longer sustain itself, the protective runes only glowed dimly in the dank darkness of the crypt, where they had once shown as bright as the sun in the sky. It was a quiet thing, when it finally gave way. The runes faded. Then the pounding began, a stone Sarcophagus, older then the oldest civilization known to the modern world...suddenly shattered into a thousand pieces. A hulking and nightmarish combination of Tiger and Man stood in the darkness of the tomb. Then it released a great roar, one that spoke of unforgiving rage and hatred. It had been imprisoned by those who had been sworn to teach it. It had been denied it's revenge once.

It would not be denied again. The Demon of Valusia walked the earth once more.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"Well," Tera sighed, smile widening slightly. "Intentionally or not, you lot have given me a reason to stick around. At least for a little while longer. No guarantees.""And if I find any hint of a jumpsuit anywhere near my closet, particularly one with an "x" on it, and I might be tempted to suspend my pacifistic behavior."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Lucia)

"Why bother denying it? My creature is, I am afraid, rather good evidence. Do not mantain an illusion that is....so easy to see through. Father always said such things served no one." Lucia shrugged. "But it is your home. I can only speak from my experiences."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"Oh, I'm not denying that I have an odd assortment in my house. Doing so is rather futile. I just have no idea what he means by "artifact". I'm a historian, not an antiques dealer." Alistair replied, returning to latin.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: The roar of the released demon resounded for miles and miles, echoing within the hearts of animals all around, and scaring them into a stupor. Not far away, however, one stood, unfazed by the roar. She feared not what it entailed. "The elders were correct." She spoke in Swahili, smirk quite evident in her voice. The tall woman swirled her spear in one hand like a gymnast's baton, bringing it to rest against her shoulder as she began to journey towards the tomb's entrance.

Her armor shone in the sun, a light befitting a hero of her stature.

Today, she would claim her destiny. The Chosen would slay the Demon, and save the world. So it was foretold, so it shall be.

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"Why he continues to keep up the facade, I don't know, I really don't." To Jonathan, the words he spoke were English. But there was a mental tugging, far in the back of his mind, and he knew he wasn't speaking English. It was a gift from the pen; the ability to learn and speak in any language. From ancient texts to spoken cyphers, Jonathan could understand anything; and, in turn, respond using that understanding. In this case he spoke flawless Latin, the exact era and location that Lucia had grown up in. The accents, the flow of the words, it came out exactly as Lucia would understand it. "It is quite the beast you have here, miss. I'd be curious to hear how you came to it over a cup of tea."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Siun)

Doors, barred and sturdy after all these years, preserved by ancient magic....were reduced to splinters as the demon tore into them. Wood or stone, marble or iron, it mattered not. Everything that held it within this prison was torn asunder. The demon cared not that the effort of this task had ripped gouges in it's hands or that it's blood was now flowing freely from it's hands. It was beyond pain. Hate was, all in all, a very effective pain killer. Another roar issued from the beasts throat as it sank it's claws into yet another stone barrier. To it, the day the masters had sealed it was fresh and new. Time meant little when one was not truly awake...or sane.

Ic: "No, I want in!" Quinn said, maybe a bit too quickly and loudly for the situation. "I just expected it to be a bit more formal than just saying it," he clarified, winding his voice down. "But if it really is this simple, I can see after my own things," he said; his luggage was all packed into a single internal frame compression sack he had strapped on the passenger back rest, mostly an identical change of clothes and his toiletries; he packed light.

IC: Triblade

"Don't worry, there won't be any suits in your closet unless you chose to signup," Matt told Tera. "Actually I don't think I know your name," he said. He then glanced at Sohail. "Or his either for that matter. Lot of new people around here today."

IC: Feral

John continued to fly down the road. His thoughts were full of his dead friend, or the possibility that Hank could be hurt. He wanted to hunt Sarah down but he knew he'd be better off if he didn't. Revenge wasn't the way of the X-Men. He didn't need to kill anyone in cold blood. God, he'd sliced of Christopher's arm! John knew that Christopher would probably never forgive him for that, and he had the right too. John prayed that the wound wasn't fatal and that Christopher pulled through this.

There was someone else John could hunt... His son Liam who had vanished into the woods sometime before they'd left for Vegas. John parked the car outside a small bar that was located on the outskirts of the woods. He then got out and locked the door before he headed off towards the woods. He began sniffing the air. Liam would of probably headed north through the woods. John was in that vicinity, if Liam had come this way he'd pick up his trail.

OOC: With the permission of a staff member....

IC (Aldrich)

Aldrich had been stalking his prey for some time now. True, deer weren't good for sport, but it was vital that he release some of his oft-restrained instincts now and again. If one allowed something like that to build up, one was setting oneself up for a rather nasty surprise in the future. Slung low in the underbrush, Aldrich raised his muzzle into the air, sniffing the air for a hint of his prey. He was in his beast form, a perfect hybrid of wolf and man. He was a black-furred, razor-toothed killing machine. It was quite liberating, truth be told. A bestial smile tugged at his maw as the scent of the ill-fated deer hit his nostrils. Slowly, ever so slowly, Werewolf made his way through the underbrush, walking along on all fours...

IC: Knight

Knight jumped down and as he fell he shifted and blurred when he landed he was now the image of the famous web-slinger, he raised his hand, causing light to solidify around the tree and with their combined power he hurled the tree at Venom.

IC: Spirit

Will sighed as someone was brought in to the medical ward without an arm, he went over and immediately started healing the armless female. "What happened to this one?" He asked Tyrone.

IC: Silver Serpent

Susan paled when she saw the armless girl being brought in. 'Now may be the time to practice replicating blood.' The Biohesive told her. 'I agree.' She thought back, then she said out loud. "Can I help, I can synthesize some blood."

Spirit looked at her. "How well does it work?" He asked her, remembering her healing Beast.

"It is almost exactly like blood but I have to maintain it, it should last long enough for her to regenerate her own blood." She answered.

"Are there any side effects?"

"The only side effect is that if I completely fill her up with blood, she won't regenerate her own, but I don't need to do that, I just need to give her enough so she doesn't die."

"Ok, try it." Will relented. Susan sent Biohesive into the wound and as it entered the arm stub it turned red and became blood.

IC: Iron Bolt

Walter walked up to Alaric and Quinn. "Another new student, you've got to be the 5'th new one today, myself included." He said to Quinn, then he turned to Alaric. "Speaking of which, I still need to register."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Whatever happened to Biohesive needing to know someone's blood type?IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Victor Maximoff flinched a little as Romulus snatched the chip out of his reach. "Thank you for not wearing your blades." The young man stretched his hand slightly, playing slightly with the patterns engraved into the armrest.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Feral

John crouched down over the earth as he sniffed. There. Liam's scent, there was no mistaking it. It was like a strange combination of his and Liliana's scent. John stood up and quickly began walking through the woods as he followed his 'sons' scent.

IC: Romulus

"You remember Daken from Weapon-X do you not Cambion? Wolverine's eldest son? He spent a few years before I needed use of him for my plans. Well I thought him dead... he was supposedly incinerated by the Phoenix in Canada a few months back. But now he has appeared; killing Pietro Maximoff on live television. Who was your uncle in fact, what a small world." Romulus grinned.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC (Lucia)

Lucia blinked a few times, a look of stark surprise on her face. "You speak my langauge perfectly....I understood every word...." She blinked once more. This was turning into a very interesting day. Well, it had already been an interesting day, but evidently it just felt inclined to keep adding to itself until every other day of her life paled in comparison.

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:

Victor nodded in recognition. "Of course, he was a legend. I had no idea that Daken had been immolated." Concern flickered across the young man's eyes at the mention of the Phoenix. "Still, I'm glad that it took more than that burning pigeon to put him under." Maximoff's lips teased into a hint of a smile. "It was all over the television when I was 'cleaning' up the mess back at the lodge. Nothing but eulogies and wrath on the radio on my drive over. You didn't happen to send Daken after Uncle Quicksilver's head, did you?""I suppose it is a small world." The aspiring Club member crossed his arms. "I admire poor uncle Pietro's ambition. Really, executing any previous President on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial would have sent a powerful message to those with anti-mutant sentiments. It is a pity that Binder happened to be one of the few pro-mutant politicians left." "Not that I hold to my uncle's most recent philosophies. Remember, he was once an Avenger, alongside my dearly departed, mad mother, may she rest in peace. I find it to be much more profitable to develop a positive, or at least mutually beneficial synergy with the rest of humanity." Victor Maximoff smiled. "You've seen the millennia pass, Romulus. What do you expect this latest development will herald?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Romulus

He shook his head, “No as I said I thought he was dead… I have no idea what possessed him to kill Quicksilver. It may be that Daken has a new master now…”

He nodded, “Quicksilver was powerful, he accomplished a few great things in his life, but he was also foolish. There was no way he could walk away from this alive.” He mused.

“I foresee only more death now; possibly another Civil War between mutants and humans. I care little about the mutant fight for their rights, as long as it doesn’t cause too much turmoil and we are left to continue with our plans."

He nodded. "Well, I suppose there will be a brief power vacuum in the Brotherhood over this. But their organization is marred by an overemphasis on ideology. Useful as a tool, but generally impractical." Victor smiled. "Yes, you'd think that being one of the world's fastest men, he would have evacuated as soon as he made his point. Must have gotten cocky in his powers. It's a pity he didn't have bigger vision.""I'm not particularly concerned though. I have a little secret." The ex-Weapon leaned over to a lamp and unplugged the socket of a lamp in the waiting room, and removed a narrow metal file from his sleeve. He grinned and stuck the file into the socket, letting the electricity spark for a second before removing the implement. He plugged the lamp back in and twirled the file merrily, before returning it to his sleeve."All those years of taser treatment for bad behaviour." Maximoff made eye contact with Romulus. "I was faking it. Not that I'm bragging. I've always avoided mutants, and steered clear of developing my gifts. But maybe." The young man tapped his fingers together. "Just maybe, I should start trying to be more accountable for the talents I've been given. I think I can probably do more than suck up a charge.""Well, I look forward to seeing what comes ahead. I've always found a little chaos to be a fertile field of opportunity."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"It is a gift, one I have thanks to this." Jonathan removed the pen from his pocket briefly giving a glimpse before returning it to its safe position. "An artifact of power. So many exist in all cultures, for all varieties of uses. Though, some prefer to focus on the weaponry of this nature. Legendary weapons I believe they call them." He had at this point located and poured himself a cup of tea (perhaps cup finding was another power of the pen), returning to sit down at the closest empty seat. He glanced up at Luz, looking at the fox still resting in her arms. "A thunderbird cradling a fox? And I thought the eldritch bird was odd."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Romulus "If the Brotherhood even exists after this." Romulus said. "It is a pity if they don't, I was thinking of a possible alliance with them before, or to use them as a target of our plans went astray. It seems they have done that to themselves, perhaps that will help take the focus off of our plans.""Interesting, so you may be developing a second mutation," Romulus said as he sat down in one of the chairs. "May I offer you a drink Victor?" IC: Stardust The liquid nitrogen hit Stardust full on her backside. She let out a scream as ice formed over her metal skin, slowing her down. She turned towards her assailant slowly as she unleashed a blast of red hot energy from his chest at him.

"Well, nature abhors a vacuum. If someone has a head on their shoulders, the Brotherhood's leadership vacancy won't be a problem for long." Maximoff raised an eyebrow at the following sentence. "Didn't you say that the Brotherhood allied with the X-Men to burn down your Canadian facilities?" Victor nodded cordially. "Yes, well, it may be a secondary mutation. Maybe not. I'm not too sure. Either way, I intend to make better use of it." "Thank you, Romulus. I generally do not drink unless the job requires it." Victor smiled cordially and removed a flask from an inner pocket of his suit. "But I think I can probably make an exception here. Speaking of the X-Men-""I noticed very few of them in the SHIELD registry. Does the government really tolerate an unregistered troupe of child soldiers gallivanting around America?" The young man smirked. "Frankly, I don't think they'll last under whatever new regime is coming around."

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Romulus"Yes, they did. But only because Matt Summers, who I suppose is your cousin, rallied them to aide the X-Men. Besides, as I said I planned to use to Brotherhood." Romulus smiled as he poured him self a glass of vodka from a bottle sitting on a table. He then took a sip. "Oh, I have plans for the X-Men as well. They will pay for what they did to my facility. Yes, the government did tolerate them under President Binder, but who knows where they stand now."

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:"Matt Summers?" Victor's face displayed visible shock. "I thought I was the only one left when Quicksilver bit the dust today." The young man sipped from his flask. "Well, Vice-President Ocalan certainly seems to be a bit of a crusader. Very concerned about the children. Heard an interview with him earlier this morning.""To your long life, Romulus." He raised his flask in a toast. "So, what exactly are the roles of the White Bishops, Rooks, and Knights? Does this mansion have any training facilities? I should very much like to practice this "secondary mutation" during my off hours." OOC: Ocalan is a Turkish surname, meaning "Revenge Taker." :) Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Romulus"Indeed, he is the son of the X-Man Havok, and his late wife Polaris, your aunt. He is actually related to you by blood. You have a few relations through marriage, like Ashlynn Summers and Zack Summers. Though there has been word that possible Ashlynn has been killed after he went Phoenix in New York." "And what a long life it's been," Romulus smirked. He'd been born or of the earliest mutants. In a time where there were few mutants at all. He'd lived to watch as the mutations thrived and the new people inherited the earth. "Bishops like myself work as advisors to the Kings or Queens of the club. We are second in command and usually hold the most power when it comes to wealth or raw power. Under the King and Queens of course. As for Rooks they like Bishops are more advisers, though they are typically strong and will go into the field of needed to protect the Bishops and higher ups. As for the Knights, they are our specially trained warriors. They don't have much say in politics an they are often sent out into the field to get the job done. The knights must be well trained and especially lethal. I was once a knight myself before I moved up rank," Romulus explained."And yes we do have a training facility here." "I was the first Emporer of Rome. Before recorded history. The reason Roman Emporers were seen as gods was because of me. Because of my powers, I could not die like a normal man," Rpmulus said."And I never aged, well very slowly. After I was removed from power sometime later I left Rome for some time. I then returned, and in the shadows I began to work. The new Emporer's thought of me as Mars, the god of war," he said as he thought back thousands of years. "It was because of my advice, it was my idea that the coliseum ever e built. The gladiator games were my idea. It was also a precursor to Weapon- X in a way."

OOC: There isn't much of a stub. John cut U.Card's arm off at the shoulder, so all that's left is a hole in the side of his/her body. U.Card doesn't have a blood type. Unless of course, he's shifted into someone else, in which case he now has their blood type. The same is true with Retinas, fingerprints, iris', etc.

He does have DNA however.

But...

IC:

After a good ten to twenty minutes of being bathed in healing energy and the added 'blood' from the bioadhesive, Christopher groggily started to wake. The shapeshifter's body felt oddly-numb, as if someone had drugged him... She'd probably just had slept weirdly or something like that. She saw the other people around her, but she didn't recognize where she was, but assumed her room. She also recognized that somehow, in her sleep or before, she'd switched to the form of a dark-haired girl. Probably really close to his age too.

"You know, I had the weirdest dream last night," She said, "I was outside, fighting John... And he cut off my arm, and my version of Dallas was there, and so was Kristy, and Ric, and this one other guy... And something had happened earlier today..."

Christopher tried to prop herself up on her elbows, but instead, she falled upon her right side, irritating her shoulder. She turned her head in confusion, wondering if she'd slept on her arm, and it was just her arm's way of saying that it didn't want any pressure on it. Her eyes grew large and her mouth hanged open as she saw that her entire right shoulder was gone. Arm included.

She whipped her head up, looking about her, finally realizing where she was, who was around her. Beast wasn't too far away, laying on his own bed in the Medical Ward of the building.

"Oh God. Then it wasn't- Oh my God," She said, starting to panic. Worse of all, she realized that for some reason, she couldn't shapeshift. She didn't know if this was a temporary thing or what, but she was stuck.

"My arm..." She whispered, stunned. She didn't know how long she'd been out, her head was fuzzy, and she felt awful. Her mind switching tracks about her arm, she realized she'd left it behind when running away from John. She suddenly raised her voice in anger at the gathered, "None of you guys though trying to look for my arm!? I need that arm! I can't grow another one!"

"Oh God. I lost an arm."

IC: Adrian raised an eyebrow at Chris's outburst. A somewhat understandable outburst, but still...

"Well I'm sorry we forgot your arm in the rush to make sure you didn't keep streaming blood like an open faucet. I'm sure next time, rather than saving your life, we'll make arm retrieval our top priority." Adrian replied.

IC:

Christopher sat herself up with her left arm, and glanced at Adrian.

"Funny," She said dryly. She noticed for the first time what she was wearing.

Of all the possible combinations of clothing her subconscious picked out for her when she changed, it had put in her a plain red t-shirt, similar to what she'd normally would wear, but less loose, and more tight against her body. It felt like she was wearing some sort of skinny jeans, but she didn't feel like checking.

"You know, while I was asleep, you also could've tried to clean up," She said. The entire right side of her body seemed to be covered in blood, her blood. Some of it had also dried too, which felt weird, since her shirt was now stuck to her for the time being. She also had it all over her hands- Hand. The gross part about having only one arm, is that the bones that used to be connected to her arm still moved if she tried to use her non-existant right arm. She shuddered at the thought, realizing that she'd have to deal with that for the rest of her life now.

"And I get it, you guys were more worried about me living. I know," She said, balling her hand and resting her head upon it, "But since I'm up now, can one of you help me get cleaned up? I don't think I'd be able to do it by myself now.. Not until I get used to..."

Her thoughts trailed off there. It was obvious that she wasn't fond of the whole 'having one arm forever' thing.

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC: "How should I know?" Tyrone snapped at Spirit. He was still hooking Beast up to one of the support systems and hadn't seem the tiff between Chris and John, "And someone get the new guy out of here!" He pointed at White Lightning. What he was even doing in the med bay when he clearly had no medical powers or expertise was beyond Tyrone

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Triblade, BeastMatt eventually made his way back down to the medical-ward, in time to hear what Tyrone said."He's right Jack, you're just an student here and a new one at that. You shouldn't be down here.""So he, I mean she's awake." Matt said. He glanced at Card."I'm so sorry Card, what John did... He's never done anything this bad before. Maybe a couple scratches here and there in a fight but Ash always patched everyone up." IC: Beast Hank's eyes suddenly opened. Spirit and Susan's combined healing efforts had done him a ton of good. He was still weak and frail however. Hank turned his yellow eyes onto Card. "Child... What happened to your arm?""He's awake! Hank your awake!" Matt said as he hugged his furry foster father. "God I thought we'd lost you too..."

IC: Romulus"Quite so, it was also very entertaining. I fought in them myself for fun, though I was wearing armor to hide my appearance." He grinned brutally. "Not really, the two colors are there so there is a balance of power. Though since Shaw has been the Black King for so long and brought the club back to life we all answer to him. He is our Black King after all." OOC: feel free to have Legion show up Advent, he'd probably remember Cambion and they could all talk about Weapon-X or something.

IC:

"You said you were looking for something called the "Pipe of the Creator"." Alistair said, leaning against the wall, watching the proceedings with a slightly wary air. "Assuming for a moment that I have any idea what you're talking about,""Why come here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: White Lightning

Just before he left, Jack saw that Beast woke. He was glad that he was alive, now he just has to recover. "A defibrillator uses electricity to jump start the heart back up. Thus I have the power necessary in case anyone's heart's pulse stop," Jack said to Tyrone, just before he made his way into the hallway. "Might as well go to the Danger Room and practice my powers."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg