IC:

"Jesus," Brooklyn whispered, seemingly at a loss for words as she plopped back down and sat on the bed, looking back up at Rebekah with eyes that weren't pitying, but certainly held a good degree of sympathy towards her. She, too, knew the horrors subjected on those taken by Weapon-X, but at least she had been able to remember, to feel the intimate sensations that came with reminiscing on the places you called home on where you went to school, on the vacations you took. Rebekah lacked that.

As a matter of fact, she lacked a lot of things. Intermediate to advanced social skills. Self-esteem. A true family beyond the Carlisles. A lot of friends, beyond...the Carlisles, plus a handful of others. But those things weren't her fault; she had been typecast. Brooklyn had sat and watched her get typecast as the X-Men's attack dog, as the seen-it-all-done-it-all Die Hard style ex-assassin whose job it was to take down the dangerous threats that the other mutants were too squeamish or weak to handle, but that was wrong. That was a total beatdown to the beautiful, sweet, awkwardly funny Rebekah that was plainly obvious once you looked past the emo exterior and the slight cynical snark.

Brooklyn loved Rebekah, with every ounce of her being and a lot of ounces that weren't in her being. And it killed her every time that she admitted she hadn't done something, or couldn't remember something, or didn't know what something was. Every time she asked Brooklyn or Alaric to explain a pop culture reference, something deep in her heart frayed like an old guitar string and slowly began the healing process only after Rebekah got the joke and gave that soft, quiet laugh that she laughed because she was still too scared to let people know she had a sense of humor. And now, here she was, admitting to Brooklyn that she'd never been to the beach? Never even seen an ocean?

no.

"Beach it is," Brooklyn announced, standing up with a ramrod posture that would make a drill instructor soil himself. "I'll bring the snack foods."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Yuri)

Yuri, currently rising from the floor after ducking smiled ruefully. "Well aware my friend. Well aware." He rose to his feet, leveled his weapon and fired once more. Bathing the mutant in a bath of some of the coldest liquids on Earth. It couldn't freeze her completely, but Yuri could tell she still feel pain. Which meant, despite it's current makeup, he body still functioned in some way. There was a good chance she needed to breath....and that was hard to do with ice clogging your nose and mouth. In a few minutes....it was over. The Mutants struggles had ceased. Her frantic attempts to yell, to shout had been in vain. They had had to dodge her attacks as she died, Yuri had a new scar on his chest to show for that....but in the end, she had died.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: White Lightning

Jack entered the room and walked to Beast. He looked at him suspiciously as he saw him just lying there still. He wasn't even snoring. He touched his throat to check for a pulse; nothing. He then exclaimed, "MURDER!" He then ran out of the room and shouted, "MURDER, MURDER!" His face was filled with rage and anger. He couldn't wait to kill to person who did this.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC WyattMorning had come. The rays of the sun crept through the windows of the Helicarrier as operatives made their way to and fro, going about their business. A new day had dawned, but that by no means meant that the events of the previous day were behind them. No, they had been firmly branded in the minds of all, and would remain so for the rest of their lives. So today, the light of dawn carried none of its new beginnings that it usually had.Of course, none of this would have been known to Wyatt, who was still trapped in his cell. Pacing around, he examined every nook and cranny of the cell, looking for weak points, which he found none. "They must have read up on their prison escapes," Wyatt ruefully thought, toying with the die in his hand. "I've wasted a whole night; who knows if I'll get another chance tomorrow? And I don't know if my powers will work or not; if these dopes were smart, they would have installed power dampeners in my cell." Sighing with agitation, he sat down on his bed, body shaking with anxiety."Wait," Wyatt thought as an idea dawned on him. "Maybe the bed?" He got off of his bed, examining the mattress, checking to see if he could hide under/inside it. "It'll be a stretch-haha, bad pun," Wyatt thought. "But what if..."

Edited by Constructman

IC:

"Umm..."Rebekah said slightly awkwardly, as he face turned red, and she looked down. She might not have been able to read Brooklyn's mind, but the thoughts that had gone through her head were quite obvious. It wasn't the first time, either. The Carlisle tried to hide it, but her reaction was clear every time Rebekah asked about something that she should have known. She'd caught on fairly quickly, and as soon as she realized what the reaction was, she slowly started asking less and less. More time was spent trying to figure it out, or look it up online than actually asking. Or, if she absolutely couldn't work it out, she would find someone else to ask.

She tried to avoid mentioning Weapon X, or anything that might be linked to them, as much as possible. It caused Brooklyn distinct emotional distress, and she hated to put her through that.

"Alright... I mean, if you want to."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Yuri)

"This will change things. The president is dead....and the head of the Brotherhood is as well. If my men are at all reliable at least." Yuri looked at the body before him. "My security was not good enough. That is evident." Yuri was selling himself short by quite a bite, it had withstood a riot, a power armored attack....really, for two out of three wasn't bad. It wasn't good considering the results, but it wasn't bad.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Brooklyn reached out and held Rebekah tightly in her arms again, squeezing hard as she lightly rocked the ex-Weapon from side to side, looking away from her striking violet eyes deliberately. Those eyes knew exactly what Brooklyn went through every time Rebekah started to remember what she'd gone through; those eyes understood, but right now understanding wasn't what she needed.

"You're my rock, b," she whispered quietly. "I just want...well...the best for you. And I want to grow old with you and I want to go to bingo games with you and do all this lameass crocheting stuff with you, and I want to be there for you whenever for the rest of my life, and I don't want you to spend the rest of your life hurting."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah was quiet for a long moment, trying to figure out how to answer. Or rather, trying not to answer too completely. Every time someone mentioned what happened to her, or anyone asked about it, she ignored the question and bottled up the response, pushing it back behind a dam. As a result, no one actually knew what she had gone through. She refused to tell them, she refused to talk about it.

But now, she found herself fighting that slowly cracking dam. ".. I'm trying, Brook. It's just...." Her voice quivered slightly, betraying the slowly rising turmoil.

****it.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I know, Bek. Believe me, I know," Brooklyn said, holding Rebekah even more tightly know and cupping one hand around the back of her neck adoringly as she laid her head down across Shadow's clavicle. "I read your thoughts, remember? And your memories? And your future?"

Brooklyn nuzzled her head into the pale skin of Rebekah's neck and rested there for a second, closing her eyes for a long second. Time seemed to slow in an instant, like it did before you got punched in the face, as she finally looked back up and grinned tearily at Rebekah, despite herself.

"But it's okay, because you know what? When you were there in that dusty old dorm, playing Kansas on that guitar, I didn't mind sifting through all the BS, Bek. Because I got the chance to stare into your future, and the longer I looked, all I could see was the two of us."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

"Delta theta kappa." Romulus recited the code from memory. Ben would identify it as the codeword used by his contact. He'd never known who he'd been working for, only that he'd wanted Romulus dead. "You are not suited to the club as it stands Conducter. Nor am I. I do believe it is time to do something about that." Romulus looked at the power armored legionnaires gathered in the room. Their weapons were top of the line, as was their armor. Rome had fallen long ago. But it's first emperor remained. There was a saying about that as he recalled. You can chop down a great tree....but if you leave the stump, it may grow again. "Wouldn't you agree?"

IC:

"Well," Christopher said, shaking Quinn's hand with her only arm, "I'm not exactly doing so well... But I aim to get a bit better... Also, my actual name is Christopher. Christopher Hailey. Although, seeing how I'm more-or-less stuck looking like this, I might change it to something more... Feminine."

When Dallas had said that some of the others were dead, only one word flashed through her mind.

Good.

She couldn't say that she would miss the others. Ashlynn had wanted to kill her the last time they saw each other, and she overall wasn't too fond of most of the others in the first place. But now, here was Dallas. The Showstopper. Standing in front of her. For what she knew, he could be the last one she would have to worry about.

She was suspiscious of Dallas. The last time she'd met someone from her reality, they were more than willing to beat her up at the moments notice. But now? Dallas seemed happy. Almost too happy. Deep inside, it unnerved her. Nonetheless, she kept in mind that Dallas could've changed over the past two months. Living in her reality can do that to people. She'd try and learn more later. But for now...

"Well, it was nice talking to you two, but I need to go clean up," She said, gesturing with her arm at her blood-stained clothes. Her blood. She really didn't like how it made her shirt stick to her body, "Do either of you have an extra shirt I can have? This one is ruined, and I don't have any others..."

IC (Romulus)

"Then we are in agreement. The time has come for a change in management. With the death of my...." Romulus regarded the maimed and torn body laying on the floor. "....failure, a unique opportunity comes to us. Who of the Club can we trust to align with us? It is clear that the current leadership....this...Shaw....has become very unreliable. Only a fool gives shelter to someone like that." Romulus turned to regard his men. "Lucius. Prepare to march."

IC:"And that's the future I want to make it to."

Her voice shook again, but this time, any attempts at suppressing it were futile. The dam had broken, the past refused to be ignored anymore. Tears slowly welled in the corners of her eyes, growing, but refusing to fall. "But it's hard."

"Because there's so much that I'm trying to forget. So much..." She stopped for a moment, clearing her voice again. It was almost like she wasn't even consciously aware that she was speaking anymore. The pressure was slowly being released, the genie had been let out of the lamp, and nothing was going to put it back. "I used to sleep on the floor under my window, because it was the only place I felt even close to safe. Because it was the only place that I could rest without thinking that something would get me while I slept."

"And even then, there was no relief. I used to have nightmares, horrible nightmares. And sometimes I still do. Everyone I've killed, every captive, every mutant, every target is always there. Always reminding me just how much blood is on my hands. So much blood, sometimes it seems like I'm drowning in it."

"And ever morning, I try to forget. I try to forget what's happened, what I've done, what's been done to me, and just pretend that everything is normal. But I can't. Because every morning, it's right there to remind me." Her eyes looked at her shoulder, where the her designation was tattooed, as bright and clear as the day it was made. X-322.

"I don't even know all of it, and I don't want to. In a way, when they took my memories, they took some of the pain away. But they're slowly coming back, day by day. But never the ones I want. They're always eager to show me another atrocity, another horror. But they never tell me what I want to know. I don't know where I'm from, I don't know who my friends were. I don't know who my parents were, or even if they're still alive."

"I don't even know who I am."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Romulus)

"The vampire? Interesting. Most interesting. I rather suspect..." Romulus knelt down next to the body once more...and casually severed it's head with a flick of his claws, releasing yet more blood. "The scent will attract him soon enough. We will discuss it with him when he arrives." The legionnaires were taking positions around the room, preparing to fight off any counter attack that might take place. They didn't expect one, but one couldn't be too careful.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Bek..."

Brooklyn looked up at Rebekah and stood up straight, so that her eyes were almost level with Rebekah's. Those eyes were sad, brimming with tears that wouldn't shed; her deep brown irises were dimmed in sadness, but the warmth behind them was still unmistakable. Her arms stretched across Rebekah's shoulders and held her as she let it all out, told her story, finally aired everything out that needed to be aired out. As she did, Brooklyn could feel the tears start to slide down from her face, but that was okay. She could handle looking like a wimp, for Rebekah's sake. Just this once.

It was alright to look like a wimp, because ever since before they'd met, even the very legends of Rebekah would make Brooklyn feel like she was Clark Kent with a smoother jawline. The mythos behind Shadow had floated from cell to cell, always sneaking under the ever-watchful eye of the paramilitary forces at Weapon-X who made it their mission to stamp out hope. Love. Friendship. If you gained a friend outside a mission, you lost a head outside your body. That's the way it worked in Weapon-X, until Rebekah had come along and changed it.

Then, Brooklyn had waited. She'd endured, and eventually her prayers had come in the form of Rebekah, dropping down in front of her cell. She'd been thrown into the assassin's world instantly, and what she'd seen had scared her to her core, but it had also revitalized her in a way she didn't know was possible. Then she'd felt alive, through getting to know Rebekah, befriending her, taking her out to do stuff. She'd connected with her family again, and along the way she'd helped Rebekah connect with her family. Together, they'd achieved of sense of self, somewhere to belong in the post-Weapon world they'd been thrust into together.

And then, somewhere through all that stuff, she'd fallen in love, and for about two weeks it had scared her so bad in that sense that a kid pisses himself in the school bathroom and doesn't know how to get away and find new pants before someone notices. Then she'd embraced it, and then she'd grown to adore the feeling of being that connected with someone. If you'd asked her to define love before she met Rebekah, she'd say she didn't know. If you'd asked her now, she'd say there was no definition. You just kind of...knew. And Brooklyn knew, more than anything in the world as she struggled to stand on her tiptoes and make continuous eye contact, that she was in love with Rebekah Fell.

"If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even have a window in my cell," she replied quietly, chuckling despite her tears. "If it doesn't...then I want you to know that I'm here for you. And I'm going to be here for you, every day. Whether you've got some stupid tat on your shoulder, whether you've never sunbathed, whether you want me or need me or whatever...I'm in your corner, Bek. And I love you."

IC:

"I, uh...in my suitcase," Dallas said, motioning to the bags outside the cafeteria doors. "There's like thirty shirts in there, give or take."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Abruptly, Brooklyn was pulled into a hug, Rebekah's arms wrapped tightly around her back. Her eyes had slowly stopped watering, though her body still shook slightly. A smile played at the corners of her mouth, violet eyes brightening a bit. "Love you too, Brook."

Bending her head down slightly, she kissed the top of Brooklyn's head without letting her out of the hug. "I really suck at telling you that, but I do."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ashley

The two mutants had been sitting down at a table for a good five minutes as they waited for their order. Hot chocolate and a bunch of eclairs. Ashley seemed to bounce a little bit in her seat, apparently unable to hold completely still.

"We should have a contest...see which one of us can eat the most eclairs!" She said as her red eyes stared at Dallas, and excited grin on her face.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Hoping I read that last message right...

IC (NPC)

A men dressed in a black trenchcoat and a matching set of sunglasses stood outside the household, holding a small piece of paper before him. A small red marking upon the trenchcoat was all that broke up the color of the suit. It was a small symbol, a roman gladius. He lowered the paper and adjusted his sunglasses. This was the right house, there could be no doubt of that. He hefted his briefcase and approached the entrance. Pontius knocked once, then twice. He had orders from his emperor, the beings within this house had been victims of Weapon X. Compensation would have to be rendered unto them.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Meep!"

Brooklyn was caught unawares but quickly reciprocated the liplock letting Rebekah tighten her grip around her back as they kissed. She felt as though she had gained a sort of secondary mutation to soar off into the clouds and whiz around like a great, giant balloon pumped with more helium than you could fill a star with, and if she had looked down, she probably would have been shocked to find that the ground had not abandoned her, and that her feet were still firmly planted on solid mahogany. That feeling gave her strength, and so she kissed back with abandon, as if to break the hold of the moment would be to actually take her heart and drive a cleaver through it.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Jenna Pace-Carlisle heard a knock on the door and went to answer it, whistling a tune to herself as she slung the blanket she was using to cover herself up on the couch over her shoulders like a scarf.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Pontius)

"M'am?" Pontius recalled her name from his research. "Miss Carlisle?" Pontius held out his hand. "Mr. Pontius Maximus. A pleasure. I won't need but a moment of your time..."

IC:

Jenna took the hand slightly confused and stood in the doorway barefoot for a second, confused by the man's attire before remembering her manners and smiling bashfully.

"Oh, yes, err...please, come in."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Pontius)

Pontius smiled good naturedly. "Not necessary m'am. I don't wish to impose. My employer merely wishes to express his well wishes to your daughter and her friend. They are staying here are they not?" Pontius held out the briefcase. "A gift for them. If you wish for me to deliever it in person...I would not object." After all, how many people had someone show up out the blue with a briefcase for their loved ones? It was somewhat odd to say the least. Hopefully his willingness to stay behind and not vanish into the streets would prove his good faith.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:After a long moment, Rebekah pulled back, smiling widely. She didn't quite sever the hug, instead continuing to embrace the Carlisle, though a bit more loosely than before.

"Love you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Brooklyn looked up at Rebekah, about to respond, before she held up a finger and closed her eyes, paying attention: from downstairs, she heard footsteps, light as those of a mouse, but still there regardless. And they were...

"People, coming upstairs. Jenna plus one," Brooklyn replied, quickly disentangling herself from the embrace and plopping down in bed, as though she'd just woken up. "Hurry up! Play casual!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Pontius)

Pointius was somewhat nervous, he was not a slow-witted man. Being reminded of their time in Weapon X might bring out the worst in them and he rather doubted he would survive that. Nonetheless, he had been given a task and he would see it through. As Miss Carlisle ushered him into the bedroom, he resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow. That was unexpected. If his calculations were correct at least. Regardless, it wouldn't effect his mission in the slightest.

....Alright. Hopefully he didn't just jinx himself. There were some thoughts he should just stay away from.

IC:

Rebekah, for her part, moved to the other side of the room, taking a seat in one of the chairs. When the door opened, Jenna and Ponius would enter to find Brooklyn just waking up, and Rebekah perched silently on the other side of the room, raising an eyebrow at the arrivals.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Argh. So much stuff.

IC: Adrian had only turned away for a second, but Chris had quickly gone on to handle her business on her own. Adrian could understand that. One isn't inclined to wait around to get used to only having one arm and changing bloody clothes....

The next morning, Adrian shlepped into the cafeteria, blinking sleep from his eyes. Things were calmer, at least for the moment. He could only hope it would stay that way.

---

The gunfire got Legion's attention immediately. Springing to his feet, Legion swiftly increased in number from one to five, and the group of clone soldiers rushed towards where the sound had come from; Romulus' office. He was extraordinarily surprised to find not only Romulus lying dead in a pool of his own blood, but also... Well... Romulus. And Ben. But the second Romulus was proving most confusing.

"What... What's going on here?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

"That's what I'm saying," Jace growled, walking into the office and looking as though he was having distinct trouble not ripping something open. His eyes fell on Romulus' decapitated body, then back to the Romulus in the chair, and the vampire sighed, cursing under his breath.

"Nobody just schedules an appointment anymore."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Pontius)

"Indeed. I apologize for the intrusion...but I have come bearing a gift from my employer." Pontius held out his briefcase. "Though he knows there is little he can do to properly..." Pontius paused for a moment. It was likely the mother had no idea what had happened to her daughter and her friend. There was no reason to drag her into this. "....arrange a meeting." That was weak but it was the best he could do. He wasn't a spy. "He has given me these letters." He reached into his coat pocket with his free hand and withdrew two letters. "He hopes you will see this as proof of his good faith."

The letters would read as follows:

"I must apologize. I have caused you much suffering and I have only recently been informed of it. You do not know me. You might know my face, but you the creature that wore it was but a beast. This does not clear me of guilt however. It was I who made the arrangements that placed that creature in control of Weapon X and though, I assure you, he will soon meet his end, that fact remains. I cannot truly make amends for what was done to you. However, in addition to what is contained within that briefcase, I have taken the liberty setting up bank accounts in your names. Every month ten thousand american dollars will be deposited into this account, to spend as you wish. Weapon X took much of your lives.

I shall do my best to ensure you live the rest of it out in comfort. The banking information is within the briefcase.

With regret and well wishes,

Romulus."

IC (Romulus)

Romulus leaned forwards, his hands clasped together before him. "A changing of the guard. That....creature....was but a pale reflection. A barbarian." Romulus smiled, somewhat disconcerting given the body on the floor. "You are the first upon the scene gentlemen. So you shall be the first to hear my offer. My clone wished to unleash Fenris-my father-from his slumber and usher in an age of wolves. You would not have survived it. I have averted that particular future. However, the one who put him into the position to do this, the one who went along with this plan...is still very much in power is he not? I can offer you power. A chance to forge an empire in this age of chaos. I, unlike my counterpart, am not so quick to pin all of my hopes on the past. Nor do I make a habit of hiring the clinically insane to work for me. The Hellfire Club has fallen from what is once was. I can change that. I will change that. You have a choice before you. I shall not insult your intellects by telling you what it is."

Romulus reached beneath the desk and pulled up a bottle of wine. "Drinks gentlemen?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Brooklyn looked up at Rebekah after she was done reading her letter, and saw that her friend had a similar expression on her face. Then she looked at Jenna, who shrugged in reply to Brooklyn's confused look as she stood near the door. Then the youngest Carlisle's gaze moved back to Pontius.

"What's, uh...what's in the briefcase?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME