RPG: Castles in the Air

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Meredith Black

"Do you have a company for me to lead already, or should I provide my own?" Meredith examined the map. If they set the ships of fire at that point, the trolls would be trapped within the bay of Darkharbour. The humans would be able to win this battle.

IC: Jack Storm

Jack laughed. Long and hard. He said, "I hope you realize I don't plan on interrogating you. Just torture." Jack put on the spiked gauntlet he had been given and slammed it into Rick's head repeatedly. Then, he picked up a rope, force Rick up and tied his hands. He pushed him out of the room, where guards were standing.

Rick was thrown against the floor. They guards and Jack were in the section of the dungeons devoted to torture. Jack spit on Rick and said, "How would you like to be tortured first?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Just so you know, you won't do anything with torturing me. It's useless on why doing so. And where is my interrogator you swine. Besides, what's so funny? You already look like a pig with the disgusting look of a mother bat." Rick taunted Jack, playing his cards right so he doesn't die. "Now can we get moving already. My rear hurts just sitting on this horrible floor that you have."

Rick got up and said," Besides what would a sad little man like you, do to a fearsome assassin like me, huh? I know everything about this place, like I know that right behind me, is a trap door leading to a pit of alligators. Around this corner is masked man with a whip, and on the other is a man with a gruesome blade. You really think, I can't get out of here again. After what happened the last time here in Dunnor. You have no idea, what is in store here. When Darkharbour falls, the trolls will come from the south and from the east. What do you think the city is being cautious? Even if the people win, means nothing to me."

Rick spits his blood on Jacks shoes and says," I like to meet my interrogator now."

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:"Searching on foot would be better."

Was the only reply, as the rider spurred his steed into movement once more, moving down the road. Several minutes later, he stopped, and slid down. Arrayed on the road before him was a scene of carnage; several bodies, many with hands still clutching their weapons, and one corpse away from the others, face frozen in a look of panic, with no visible wounds. At least, not at this angle.

"Whatever happened here, it happened fast." The rider knelt down next to the isolated body, looking it over carefully, blue eyes pausing on the neck. "These men are Wolfpack. They're too well-equipped to be local bandits, and too brazen. Whoever did this to them must not have seemed a threat."

"Something supernatural is at work. There are two puncture marks here, spaced similarly to teeth. And the wound is clean, no blood flow. Which means it flowed somewhere else."

"Wolfpack members don't operate in groups this small except when they go on the job. Which means that there's another group of them somewhere nearby. Can you find any abandoned buildings in the area? Old farm or home? Would have to be reasonably large, the group most likely wouldn't be any smaller than seven people."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Jack swung his foot into Rick's legs, knocking him over. Jack started to tie the rope around Rick's legs and then began to speak in reply to Rick's words, slightly chuckling as he did so. What Rick had been saying was quite funny to Jack.

"How do you know what I look like? I have a cloth around my face! I thought this was obvious, but it was not. We aren't going to interrogate you! You don't have an interrogator! You have a torturer! I will ask you again. How do you want to be tortured first?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Rick smiled, then grew in an anger tone. "Besides, you should really reconsider what you are doing. I'll recognize your voice, and when I find you. I'll torture you the same and slow way that you did to me. Starting by putting cloth tightly covering your face, and pouring water over it. Then slowly cutting you, and lick the blood from my blade."

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

OOC:

Flaredrick, change the part about the Underhall. The whole reason he is wearing the cloak in Dunnor is so Rick, and specifically Rick, can't recognize him. Rick can't put the encounter in the Underhall and this one together. I just had the two of my characters who have secret identities get those identities revealed recently, and I am fine with Meredith because she is a good guy, I'm not fine with Jack. This is nigh metagaming.

Jack shoved a rope into Rick's open mouth and tied it around him. Jack then proceeded to lift Rick up, and, with the help of some guards, drag Rick to a door. They opened the door, threw Rick in, and shut it, closing all of the many locks. They then walked up a small flight of nearby stairs, and came out on a circular balcony. The room was shaped like a cylinder, with the balcony near the top and Rick near the bottom.

Jack lit the fire, and all of the guards started to put large pots filled with tar on them. Jack looked over and said, "You will be put on display Rick. I hope you realize we are going to kill you eventually. You will not escape.

OOC:

Rick storming into Dunnor was as good as taping a big sign on his forehead that said, in bright red letters, KILL ME DUMB BATS! He is going to die.

Meredith ran back and found her company. She said, "I have a mission. We have to travel light. Follow me." They discarded most of their armor, heading to the break of land. They got there, and started to wait for the attack from Vargsson.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

I know. The part about the Underhall makes it not a bluff. A bit too specific.

Jack looked over the edge at Rick. A guard had untied him. Jack grabbed the first of the pots, which were filled with tar, and poured it over the edge, onto Rick.

OOC:

Rick is getting tarred and feathered, just so you know.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Fine. I'll go do it. I need to use the pool anyways. And I thought I specified how to be.

IC:

If I die today, then at least I'll die trying to stop the menace that he is. And curse that man, who dared to lay his hands upon me. The one who slain his comrades, will not go unnoticed, for I am Rick McFly, Slayer of the Bats.

OOC:

Specified 'how to be'? Wha?

The tar fell onto Rick. More pots were dumped on him, and then big containers of feathers were dumped on him. Jack looked at the poor man, who was in great pain. Then, he grabbed an axe and walked down to get to Rick. Jack grabbed Rick's right hand and chopped it off in one swift motion a little below the wrist. Then, he left the room holding the hand.

OOC:

Lord of Adders Black sent me this in a PM:

You know, if you wanted permission for Jack to kill Rick, or maybe lop off a limb or two you've got it :P. Dude needs to learn stupid actions have dangerous consequences

So, just maiming him by chopping off his hand.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Road)

"Ah, here it is."

The minstrel has pulled out his lyre, and strums a note or two before going into full song. It's upbeat and quick, not one of the songs you'd hear during a funeral.

Unless the funeral in question was for a very, very, strange type of person.

Or one that everyone wanted gone.

"When you're on the road and feelin' kinda doowwwnn

Or in a city, being squashed by one with a croowwwnn

It's time to GET UP! Oh, get up nowww!

For when you're up it's hard to be down,

And it's also somewhat hard to keep a frown,

So once you're up don't fall back down,

And everyone will say 'Hooray!' when you're around...

SO! When you're on the road and feelin' kinda down.."

Andddd he's off!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

"I don't think so. You are missing a hand, and I'm willing to bet I cut off your dominant hand. Now follow me. Your audience awaits." Rick was pushed up the stairs with long sticks. Jack opened up a trapdoor and Rick was pushed through it. They came out on a large elevated platform with a crowd amassed.

The crowd began to laugh and boo at Rick.

OOC:

Remember, he has been tarred and feathered.

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

The song was good, but that was not what was making Grimpen happy. Slowly rising in the distance was a mountain range. Grimpen knew that these mountains were the location of the Roost.

Meredith and her team had arrived at the jut of land and were preparing a fire. All they needed was for the front on attack, and then they would strike.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"We'll check the barn first. It's closer."

The rider replied, after a moment of thought. He looped Vigilance's reins around a tree branch, this wasn't something he should bring his steed for. This required quiet. He started walking quietly toward the indicated direction, crossbow in hand.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Dakxer): "Basil Swine!" Dakxer heard. He shivered, his nerves rattling and rearranging themselves. He remembered hearing that from his childhood, kids taunting him. "Your the son of Basil, ha ha ha! I bet your mother doesn't even get out of bed without her dark magic!"

"No" he remembered saying, "we fled Basil. We hated him. We wanted to get away." But they never listened. His brother stood by them though, through all the taunting, all the jeering. I must find who killed him. I must...

Dakxer snapped back to the present. Next to him, a man had accidently cut himself while trying to carve his meat. His men tried to contain the nervous reactions on their faces. Dakxer excused himself; he was done eating anyway.

He went back to his room. Pulled some things out of a bag, a small black bag he wore under his armor. A piece of a dagger, broken. The dagger his brother took to his doom. The second thing was a piece of armor, the plate stabbed through by his brother's assassin. The killing blow.

The third thing was a small mirror. Dakxer put his left hand on the armor pieces, his right on the mirror. Murmured the spell, asking for the location of his brother's killer. He opened his eyes. The power was stiff and imprecise, and all he could get out of it last time was the walls of this fortress, again and again and again. This time, though, he saw an old house, run down. He focused, and his sight focused inwards, seeing a women and a man having an argument, a baby in their arms. Dakxer couldn't make out the words. He sighed, and forced his magic "vision" to retreat backwards, showing him a guard tower nearby. Back, and back...the tower was near the west half of town.

Good.

And then the strain of using the power became too much, and blackness overtook him.

OOC: Dakxer trusts this power, but should he? Black magic is dangerous. ;)

IC (Theodora)

Theodora could smell newcomers approaching, the wind carried their scent to her nostrils as efficiently as any messenger. This wasn't good, the last thing she needed was for some bumbling innocents to get caught up in this. She could tell by their scent they weren't bandits....far too well bathed for that. They could, she supposed, be accomplices from the city. This warranted investigation.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Energy levels aren't what they should be.

If we're walking into a fight, I would much rather be stronger than this. But I've got enough strength in me for a few items, and if I absolutely must push it... Well. Deal with that if I have to.

His eyes swept the woods ahead of him, as the barn neared. He didn't see anyone yet, but that wasn't to say no one was there. He needed to stay on his guard.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Theodora)

Theodora moved through the shadows as if she was one with them. She had withdrawn from the area around the bandit camp....and now was perched upon a tree branch, hidden in the dark shadows of the canopy. She could see the travelers clearly enough through the waving branches before here. They clearly weren't supporters of the bandits....they looked far too strange for that. Someone here for a clandestine meeting would have been trying to look natural. Unassuming.

"I would turn back if I were you."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"And why would that be?"The reply came, even as the rider slowly brought his weapon to bear on the area in which he had heard the voice emanate from. "Worried we'll be interrupting some old fashioned extortion? Thievery, perhaps?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Theodora)

"Worried? Not precisely. My concern is purely for your safety. There is a large group of bandits about these parts and I doubt you possess the abilities needed to....evade them. They shall be gone by midday. I would advise you find a nice spot to camp in the meantime...." Theodora sounded faintly amused by the situation.

IC (Theodora)

"Because you are heavily outnumbered and do not appear to possess an aptitude for moving silently. Fighting them would be fool hearty." Theodora frowned, his intentions were certainly good enough, but this was the first chance she had had to feed in some time. She did not wish to restrain herself at this juncture.....and if he persisted, she would have to.

IC:"Is that a note of concern? I'm touched."The reply held the same monotone as before, despite the dry humor contained within it. Though Theodora herself wouldn't recognize it, and even Beth might not, the past few minutes were the most Abraham had spoken in weeks. "Moving silently is not the intent.""Drawing attention forces them to spread out to search. And even if they attack in a group, I am more than capable of handling myself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Theodora)

"You are overconfident. Do turn back. I have the skills needed to deal with the assorted slime gathered here. Do you not have better things to do?"

IC (Theodora)

Theodora sighed. Then there was the sound of rustling branches and straining wood....and she landed on her feet in front of the two newcomers, after performing a perfect back flip from the thick branch she had been perched upon. Her hands on the hilts of her weapons, she preformed an elaborate and mocking bow. "I, sirrah, happen to have a proven track record. You have heard of the Red Widow yes?"

IC:"Indeed I have. Pleasure to meet you."The corners of Abraham's mouth tugged upwards, in the faintest hints of a grin. "I'm the one man with more weapons than God, and the ability to use them. You probably haven't heard of me. And chances are, once all is said and done here, you never will again."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Theodora)

Theodora raised an eyebrow as her two new acquaintances introduced themselves. "It would appear you both lead interesting lives at the very least. Since you seem unable to allow the professional to handle this small matter...." Theodora swaggered over to a nearby tree and leaned against it. "Then please, tell me your plan to rid the world of an assortment of filth. T'will be most enlightening I'm certain."

OOC: Was going to wait for Madara, but real life seems to have engulfed him so we'll move on for now

IC: The column of Black Bulls, Wyvern's heavy spear and Vargssons Marsokk veterans marched down Auberson's Street, trumpets howling before them, pennants fluttering behind them. It was a needless display of extravagance, but Willem was hoping it would draw the trolls' eyes and ears away from the Lady Black and provoke them into engaging with the obvious threat.

It seemed to be working. A horde of green skin moved from the docks, swarming up the streets until the great tangle of lanes led to Aubersons. Any stragglers attempting to find another way were swiftly picked off by crossbowmen on the rooftops. The clash of sword on shield and squelch of blade in skin filled the air with the terrible sound of battle, while spilt blood and loosened bowels filled it with the terrible stench of battle. This distraction would end with many fine warriors dead on both sides. But of course that was why the Lord Wyvern had placed the Black Bulls in the first ranks; this way he wouldn't have to pay them

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Theodora)

"Awfully confident. You do not even have any basic tactics in mind?" Theodora shook her head in disbelief. "I would suggest you allow me to handle this."

IC:"You already said that. I believe I already declined." The rider commented, raising an eyebrow. "Furthermore, the foes in question are a group of Wolfpack members, numbering no more than twelve, and no less than five, without taking into account the ones already dead on the road a ways back.""Your work, I would guess. But that's beside the point. These are people who ended up where they are because they were either too cowardly to be a soldier, or too brave to be a common crook. They're not exactly knights of the realm, or anyone else trained in solo combat, for that matter."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC:

I have been waiting for some people *COUGH COUGH fishers Zakaro Flaredrick COUGH COUGH* to post interacting with my characters, so I can post as them, but no one has.

The female warriors had boarded the first ship now. Meredith pulled out a small orb filled with flammable liquids, and smashed it onto the boards of the ship. She then was tossed a torch which she, after stepping back a bit, threw onto the liquids.

The first ship was ablaze. Meredith's comrades chopped down the mast of the ship, which fell onto the nearest ship. The warriors leapt onto it and ran to the next ship. They repeated the process, alighting the troll ship.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?