• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Movie You Saw Last

it exists now... movie last list film

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#521 Offline Bonkle

Bonkle
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 27-July 15
  • 378 posts

Posted Aug 06 2015 - 03:15 PM

Just saw Ant-Man in theaters the other day. Don't put me down for saying this, but it may have been better than Avengers Age of Ultron.

Age of Ultron wasn't that great. I can't wait to see Ant-Man!

:b: :m_o: :n: :k: :l: :e:

#522 Offline Hodor

Hodor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2015 - 07:33 PM

The Fall.

A beautiful mess of a movie.

Which "The Fall"? There are three movies from the last twenty years with that name.

The Lee Pace one.

Sort of The Princess Bride for pretentious people and/or people who like practical effects.

Edited by Hodor, Aug 07 2015 - 07:35 PM.

hElbrZ6.gif

#523 Offline Emilie Autumn

Emilie Autumn
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 09:18 AM

Drive.

A very enjoyable and stylish film. Really enjoyed Ryan Gosling's performance too.

___

Emilie%202_zps3cc3mpui.jpg

___

_

#524 Offline Xarok

Xarok
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 14-November 06
  • 1,144 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 05:03 PM

In theaters: Ant Man (Very pleasant suprise to be honest, I thought I'd be sick of these superhero movies by now, but Marvel really proved me wrong, I went in expecting a dumb heist movie, and that's what I got, but it was a lot more fun than I expected)

On DVD: Rewatching The Grand Budapest Hotel last night, god do I love that movie.

Edited by Xarok, Aug 09 2015 - 05:05 PM.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

#525 Offline Emilie Autumn

Emilie Autumn
  • Premier Member

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Aug 11 2015 - 02:24 PM

Only Lovers Left Alive

A bloody excellent film that was.

___

___

_

#526 Offline Jonathan Crane

Jonathan Crane
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 01-November 10
  • 413 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2015 - 05:28 PM

Bionicle: The Legend Reborn. I must say, it really doesn't hold up.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions

riseylyricgif.gif

#527 Offline Emilie Autumn

Emilie Autumn
  • Premier Member

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Aug 14 2015 - 07:11 PM

Rurouni Kenshin 2: Kyoto Inferno

Much like the first one, it's a surprisingly good live-action adaptation of the anime/manga, which captures the spirit of those original works very well.

Thankfully they decided to split the Kyoto arc into two movies, rather than trying to cover all of it in just one, which means they don't have to cut as much from the anime/manga, although some cuts I guess are still unavoidable.

So this is the first of the two Kyoto movies, and I did like it a great deal, although not quite as much as the first film. There's definitely some details missing from the originals here and there which are very noticeable in their absence, but for the most part they did a good job with remaining faithful to the source material. Action sequences were great, and there weren't too many of them either, and pretty much all of the cast did an excellent job portraying their characters. Plus, the soundtrack is once again bloody excellent.

Having said that though, I definitely have several issues with the movie. The biggest of them is actually the same issue I had with the first movie - the character of Aoshi. With the first one, my complaint was that for some reason they didn't include him in the movie at all, despite including pretty much everything else relating to his role in that arc. I still find his absence from that movie to be completely bizarre.

Now, with him being very important in the Kyoto arc, they had to include him this time around. However, him not being in the first film means that he didn't get the introduction and backstory he had in the anime/manga, and they sort of had to awkwardly come up with a reason for him to be there. So he just kinda shows up out of nowhere, and they took his original backstory and changed some things around to try and justify his sudden appearance. Which unfortunately doesn't work very well at all, and his motives for hunting Kenshin basically make no sense. Then on top of that, his actual character is done very poorly. In the original, he was an intriguing tragic hero who went through a very compelling character arc. In this movie he's... well, he's just kind of a **** without any real character beyond that. It's really disappointing to see how they handled this character. I'd like to hope that the next movie improves on it, but the damage is already done.

Still, I really enjoyed the movie otherwise, and it definitely succeeded in making me feel nostalgia for the anime/manga, which I'll probably have to go re-watch/re-read soon. Before I do that though, I am eagerly awaiting the next movie, which gets released here on DVD in just over a week. I'll certainly be picking that one up.

___

___

_

#528 Offline Madu Cabolo

Madu Cabolo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Turaga

• 27-November 12
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2015 - 11:17 AM

The Prestige.

Excellent film, directed by Christopher Nolan.

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

#529 Offline Emilie Autumn

Emilie Autumn
  • Premier Member

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Aug 15 2015 - 01:10 PM

Ex Machina

Well, that was quite an excellent film.

Though I must say, I bought it on DVD and was rather annoyed to find that it had four trailers on it before the actual movie started. Skippable thankfully, but only skippable one by one. I thought it being 2015 and all, we were long past that silly nonsense, but I guess some companies still fail to grasp the concept of not annoying the heck out of the consumer, and not making them reconsider their decision to actually buy the movie instead of acquiring it through other, annoyance-free means.

Edited by Emilie Autumn, Aug 15 2015 - 01:10 PM.

___

___

_

#530 Offline Jonathan Crane

Jonathan Crane
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 01-November 10
  • 413 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2015 - 09:00 PM

Shutter. AKA the most generic, predictable horror movie you'll ever see

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions

riseylyricgif.gif

#531 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 10-April 07
  • 2,024 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2015 - 03:01 PM

It has been a while since I have commented in this topic. Since then I have seen a few movies. Lets see if I can remember them all.

Mad Max: Fury Road. Awesome, no, epic movie. I wish I saw it in theaters twice. Watching this made me watch for the first time...

Mad Max. EXTREMELY slow, though it does give good background information on its 21st Century sequel.

Avengers: Age of Ultron. Some problems with the movie that others have pointed out (where did the thing with Banner and Romanof come from?!), but I loved the discussions concerning theology, and the relationship between Ultron and Vision was felt mythological (like Mata Nui and Makuta).

Jurassic World. Average-to-great movie, though some parts felt forced to show the remains of Jurassic Park. The Indominus Rex was pretty cool and kind of scary if you think about it (movie didn't scare me though, just thrilled me). Sometimes though the movie felt like a forced overglorified monster movie. I told my brother and mother something: as God created humanity, though corrupted, His image can still be seen in us. Similarly, humanity and its evil, destructive and cold nature (it was humanity's evil of greed that caused its creation) can be reflected off of the Indominus Rex.

Inside Out. Great movie, also the first Pixar movie I've seen in theaters since Wall-E.

Escape From Alcatraz. Fantastic film, was also great to see the source of so many prison-based stories and spoofs.

The Last of the Mohicans. One of my favorite books and movies. Perfect as always, though near the end from the Huron chief discussion to the end of the movie my dog kept whining, resulting in the movie experience being ruined and me yelling at her. Stupid dog...

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon, Aug 25 2015 - 03:15 PM.

iaredios_-_matoran.png

konstaninecolossus.jpg

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project

Name Info      History     The English Language     The Turkey Neck      Arthur Curry     Ra's al-Ghul    The Crew Rap

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users