BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC(Ignitus):Xadah grunts. "I'll do my best," he says, walking towards the village.While we walk, I back up to Rerus, Kiron, and Jarkale, out of earshot of Xadah."He knows Oriak," I tell them. "Says his girl left him for the Toa, and now he wants to 'put him in his place'."

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC(Ignitus):"A person we're looking for. Still, we should keep a close eye on him. 'Course, guess he's the only one we know by-"Oh, fix it.My head suddenly feels like it's going to explode. This time, I steady myself on a rock. I hear someone, Xadah, I think, asking if this is normal, but it sounds far away. Then I slip into the past.I'm standing in a mountain forest, carrying a bow and arrow, with Vulcan at my side. Nearby is a Toa in black and purple armor, wearing a Kualsi. "Gravus," I say involuntarily. "Any to the east?""None," he says. "But there have been rumors of some coming from the"Suddenly a warrior, appearing to be the black-and-purple armored soldier of a wealthy empire, leaps out of the underbrush and starts slahing at me with his shortsword, and I use my Hau to deflect him. He bounces away, and I see a speartip sprout from his chest. He falls, revealing Gravus.My eyes snap open. "I'm fine," I say. "Don't worry. Just another flashback."

Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC Jarkale

(Ko-Koro):

"A flashback of what?" Jarkale asked. "Do you remember more names of your teammates? I know that we should probably find this Oriak if he's part of your mission, your team... and maybe to save him from Xadah."

The great Sanctum came into view.

"For now though, I welcome you to the Sanctum. I have no idea when I've actually been here before, but I remember the place nonetheless. Maybe the Ko-Matoran could even help you with your flashbacks? They're masters at interpreting things like that."

OOC: Do we NPC them or is this under the jurisdiction of the player of Ko-Wahi's Akiri?IC: KironKiron looked towards the Sanctum. It's domed ceiling reflected light off icicles hanging over it's edges. The steadily falling snow. Had buried the Matoran guards from the waist.A horn blasted. The guards turned and marched off, replaced by another pair in polished armour.OOC: Change of the guard.

Edited by Norik The Student

IC(Ignitus):I lean over to Jarkale and tell him about the flashback as we watch the guards, Xadah trying to reason with them about why he should be able to bring his bottle inside the Sactum.:a::k::i:

OOC: Pretty sure we can RP the sanctum monks.

IC Jarkale

(Ko-Koro, Sanctum):

Jarkale listened intently and nodded, storing into memory all about the flashback. Nearby, the sanctum guards would not let Xadah take alcohol into the building.

"Just leave it", Jarkale commented. He turned back to Ignitus. "We could ask one of the monks about that... but we also need to start solving the riddle. What do you think?"

IC(Ignitus):"Y'know what?" Xadah says. "I think I'll just wait out here. Never liked those scholar types much anyway."I turn to Jarkale. "I'm not sure about the riddle," I tell him. "The whole thing sounds... familiar, especially the part about the red sign on black eyes. But I don't know.":A::k::i:

IC Jarkale

(Ko-Koro Sanctum):

Familiar? Jarkale thought. If Ignitus feels this is familiar... he must have the key to solve the riddle. He truly was sent by Mata Nui, but he has forgottent the meaning of the riddle.

"Here is what we know about the riddle", Jarkale started. "Takua, the old Chronicler, managed to sneak inside to retireve the Toa essence stones. This means there has to be a way for the Matoran-kind to open it. We also know that it is huge in size.

The riddle is:

Across an endless ocean

Beyond where minds can see

My key likes in the open

Where you will never be

Beneath the brightest thunder

Stand towers of the day

The light may break asunder

If night skies choose obey

The red sign on black eyes

Will lead you to your prize

Whatever that means, we must find out. How should we start analyzing it? Word by word?"

IC(Ignitus):"It seems to be separated into two-line segments, so let's try deciphering those one at a time."OOC: What time of day is it right now? 'Cause if it's night, I've got an idea.:a::k::i:

OOC: Okay, then night.IC(Ignitus):"Sounds right. I don't have any idea about the rest, though..."I look up at the night sky."Do you have any good telescopes on this island for stargazing?":A::k::i:

IC(Ignitus):"Well I think they might be our 'black eyes'. And if I'm right, there's our 'red sign'," I say, pointing to a star different from the rest, shining a bright red color.:a::k::i:

IC(Ignitus):"The riddle says 'will lead you to your prize'. It could be some sort of guide." Suddenly I have another idea. "Do you know anything about celestial mechanics?":A::k::i:

IC(Ignitus):"Well, basically, you've got stars, suns, planets, and moons. There are more stars than you could count, all somewhere out in this big empty space. There are planets, which are bound by gravity to the sun, an orb of fire and gas. In turn, moons, one of which we live on, orbit planets. Now, because of everything moving around constantly, stars, the sun, and everything else changes position in the sky over time."Now, the Red Star hasn't moved at all since I got here, so I think it's stationary, but still bound to us in some way. Now, a moon is spherical, so if the Red Star stays in place year-round, then there is constantly some part of the moon, possibly a landmass, directly under it, as opposed to having it like we do, far in the edge of the sky. And if my theory is correct, and 'the red sign on black eyes will lead us to our prize', then...":A::k::i:

IC(Ignitus):"I'm not sure you understand: it's not the Star itself that's the key, the Star is the map to the key. If we can get a vessel and reach wherever the Red Star is directly above, then our key is there. It's almost within our grasp, we just need a ship and a crew.":A::k::i:

IC(Ignitus):I stop and think for a moment."First part does," I say. "'Endless ocean' means it's really far away, like you said. 'Beyond where minds can see'... could mean it's shielded from Iden users and such. 'My key lies in the open where you will never be'... Sounds like once you're there, the key's location is obvious, but the path there is so dangerous it's nearly impossible. The rest of it sounds like a description of the place, really dark, real stormy, with large towers somehow associated with light.":A::k::i:

OOC: I thought we already decided it was night in an earlier post, but whatever.IC(Ignitus):"Well, before we go chasing this, we'll need a ship and a crew. But I guess we might as well figure out what direction to sail.":A::k::i:

OOC: Dunno, I was wondering that myself.IC(Ignitus):"I don't know. Oriak seemed wealthy and educated, so he might, but beyond that, not to my knowledge.":A::k::i:

OOC: About the theory, the voyage, or what?IC(Igntius):Bored, I decide to make us a fire while we wait. "Anybody got any wood?" I ask.:a::k::i:

OOC: You should PM about the whole journey and theory, since it may or may not be something that brings the plot forward.

Also, got a PM from JL. He's slightly disappointed about us randomly ditching him. To clarify: He IS in our group.

IC Jarkale

(Ko-Koro sanctum):

"I wouldn't make a fire inside the sanctum if I were you", Jarkale said. "That will really tick off the guards."

OOC: Oh dear. so is JL still with us(the character) or does he catch up with our group and so on?Ic: KironKiron nodded."I'll start a fire onj the3 outside. The frozen guards will appreciatye it.'Kiron walked put and lit a fire with huis powers and some broken wood. The snow melted off the Matoran Guards, a quarter buried by now.

OOC: Just one thing, Valria had gotten back to their room, this isn’t taking place in the street.

IC: (Valria)

Every day when you’re starting out as a Toa people tell you all the good you’ll do, all the amazing things you’ll do. Born as a Toa, born as a “hero” you’re expected to continually sacrifice, even if by the end of your life it means you have nothing. Kaiapo and Quada sacrificed their lives in battle in the pursuit of some greater good, but what good was not readily apparent, for we traded one Karzahni for another. No true progress had actually been made, we were right where we three months ago before Makuta’s defeat. Technological progress for sure, but that only meant so much as war loomed on the horizon. With all this in mind LoJak wanted me to be hopeful. Was he joking?

“You sound awfully idealistic,” I remarked bitterly, as I laid upon the bathroom floor, the floor was still so ******* cold, but I didn’t really care anymore. It was hard to, when people kept undoing everything you and your friends worked for. Things other people with good hearts had hoped for. Sometimes it wasn’t the people like the Matoran, the bystanders who deserved to have their faith rewarded. It was us, instead though as soon as no obvious threat loomed above them they turned against each other and their own values. “So many lost and all for an uneasy alliance between villages? Is this what Kaiapo and Quada died for? Is this what Toa are supposed to die for? Nothing? The cause is lost, I don’t see why we’re trying anymore.”

I moved to pull away, turning on my side away from LoJak as I watched him struggled with what I was saying, I felt him twist me back to face him, I struggled a bit, pushing back at him weakly, though all my fight left when Telric did. Yes I know, Telric’s dead and yet...he’s not...it’s like there’s this shade of him lingering over me like some black storm cloud intent on chasing me about my life. My eyes met LoJak’s, defeated and frustrated.

“My friends are dead or scattered LoJak. If I was a better fighter the Toa team I was on so many years ago wouldn’t have been utterly destroyed, I wouldn’t have became a slave to Telric’s pleasures, but I wasn’t. I was too weak. Now? Now I try to use my element and it’s virtually nonexistent! What purpose do I serve LoJak, what purpose?” I hissed harshly. Embittered by my own shortcomings I felt weak and useless in the grand scheme of things. I was just a passenger on this ride, I had no say in where anything was going, every time it felt like someone or something was deciding everything for me. I was always following, alway just letting things happen instead of making them happen. Tears rolled down my cheeks, eyes still red and puffy from the crying.

“I’ve never been strong LoJak, I’ve been nothing but weak, look at me now I can’t even hold myself together like a Toa should. I know never be a true Toa, just a downright awful one. So why should I try anymore? So ask yourself not why I would take you, but why you would take me? I’ve been nothing but bad luck for anyone, including you,” I sighed, and turned away.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

OOC: Ok um Tahaki i am going to get going. I figure i have given plenty of time but right now seems both my characters are stagnant so gonna try and get one non-stagnant.

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu looked down at the golden watch on his right wrist and seemed alarmed by the time. He quickly rose to his feet and offered Sernon and Yaake a courteous bow of his head

"Well it was lovely speaking with you both but i sadly must be going. If you need me i will be in Ko-Koro for quite some time so just look for Kive-phu and i should not be far off."

With that he let out a shrill whistle with his fingers and Kive-phu came flying down from the rafters and landed directly on his left shoulder. As she tucked her wings close to her body her head quirked to the side and she just stared at the duo as Tivanu walked out of the tavern.

With that Tivanu walked through Ko-koro for quite some time

So i must think of some way to gain knowledge. I am employed to gather knowledge and i take my jobs seriously. But how to do this? How?

Tivanu stopped suddenly when he noticed he had somehow made it to the front gates. Apparently while deep in thought he had wound up there. He shrugged lightly and looked over his shoulder at kive-phu

"So girl how do you feel like a walk in the drifts?"

And with that he walked out the gates at a casual and slow pace keeping an eye out for anything

OOC: and with that Tivanu is open for interaction

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.