BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: just clarifying: the following includes a particularly nasty Parakuka transformation, but nothing too far out of the ordinary.IC(Kol-Undead Deathmatch)Kol's grip on his saperka tightened, fingers paling as the blood flowed back. In his face, a tranquil rage sparked among his features. A fool would call his demeanor courageous. He was beyond courage. He displayed fury to mask his lament. He would never be what he once was. That man was as dead as the abominations charging him and Sulov. Adopting a stance better suited for the fight, he let loose his anxiousness and deepset fear in several words spoken without an accent."Hiemalis, I will drag you down to ."The first corpse to attack him was unfortunate- he hooked its left shoulder with his saperka, yanking it forward and striking it's chest with enough force to knock it to the ground. He had no time to finish his foe, however, as another was already advancing. He slashed, striking it across the chest and creating a large gash. The eyes of the ghoul- identical to Kol's in their absence of life -stared back at him. That is, until a second slash decapitated it and it collapsed. He moved on to the next member of the walking dead, who managed to land a hit on Kol's head. He almost didn't feel it, the adrenaline pumping in his veins, but he still let out a yell of anger and caught his opponent's arm and slamming it into his waiting knee, not letting up until the satisfying crunch of shattered bone reached his ears. From behind, a minion jumped on him and forced him into a headlock. He reached up and wrung an arm around the monster's own neck, intending to throw him forward; before he could, two more leaped on and brought him to his knees. A third came from in front, sending them all backwards. Kol's back bent in a painful way, carried down by the weight of four Matoran. More and more piled on, until Kol was swamped by the zombies.But an Uskey didn't just give up.The Parakuka on his back came to life, and Kol physically transformed. He poured all his energy into his activation, and came to one knee. Then he half-stood, hunched and covered in monsters screaming for his blood. And then he rose. Standing to his feet, his muscles exploded into unrecognizable size, and his body shaped into a beastly form unlike anything he had experienced. He tossed the undead off, one by one, until he had just one in his grasp. In a feat of strength, he broke the monster's neck with a hard twist. The bit of life left in his opponent's caused them to instinctively back up a second before Hiemalis's influence overrode such feelings and they continued assault. He launched forward, punching the one in front of him to the floor and immediately turning to kick an opponent behind him in the knee. In a flurry of punches and kicks, he kept fighting off the zombies.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Hello, your neighborly Kughii here just letting ya'll know I have permission to Bunny Akriin as a full PC character for the duration of this weekend. I've done a lot of reading and PMing, and this is the beginning of the end, one could say.

Selreferentialname, take it away from here.

IC: Akriin

I didn’t expect my stuff to be gone. Ko-Koro had always seemed like a friendly place, but by the time my turn about the village had ended and walked to the fire I had started my bedroll was gone, rations devoured, and fire nothing more than a sputtering hearth of doused coal.

“Karz,” I swore, and shrugged my shoulders against the cold. It’d just be another night alone under the stars. With a sigh, I unclipped the sheathes on my back, letting my chest move freely without the harness and weight of my swords. Their blades seemed to suck the darkness from surrounding shadows, darkened protosteel bought with a hefty portion of gig money and a little bit of physical negotiation. The stiffness in my neck dissipated as the night wore on. Sleep, however, proved an illusive foe. The cold kept me company as my mind wandered into my past. Why had I been hired for this job? Usually, the question wasn’t one I bothered with, but in this case, why me?

And why the device?

That was something I never did figure out: why I had to use that dumb machine. The onu-matoran had emphasized its use, but I could have just as easily walked an hour from Ta-Koro, climbed a tree, pulled out my telescope (don’t you keep one in your pack?), and just use my elemental powers to zap that Stralix Snuff into fireworks. Really, not a big deal. Instead, I pushed the button and gave my life to Lady Luck.

Did I mention I was never good with women?

Edited by Kughii

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

The trail didn't end in Ko-Koro; it simply changed shape. Instead of tracking footprints, the hunters began to make inquiries of the villagers. If there was one thing Oreius had learned over these last months, it was that every living being left a trail. Physical or not, anyone could be tracked if you looked hard enough.

It only took a few questions asked of various innkeepers to find that the terrorist had looked for a place to stay in several different inns, and had been refused by all. From there, the trail led to a couple Ko-Matoran who explained, in as few words as possible, that they'd seen a vagabond make camp in a corner of the village, complete with a sleeping bag and a small campfire. The scene had stuck with them: it wasn't often you saw someone brave enough to face Ko-Wahi's cold nights outside the comfort of a house or an inn.

The hunters followed the trail to the campsite in question, where they found a ring of stones, a pile of dead ashes, and a shivering Toa feigning sleep on the ground. There was no question: he matched the description they'd been given. And how many homeless Toa were there in Ko-Koro anyway? Without a home, you'd soon freeze to death. This was him.

The ring of steel sounded as those with weapons drew them. Oreius bared Tahu's sword and held it high; carved in the shape of leaping flames, the sword glowed, casting a warm light over the tiny camp, and hissed softly as gentle snowflakes hit its hot surfaced and melted instantly.

"Toa," he said, his voice as cold as the snow and commanding as the steel in his hand. "In the name of Akiri Jaller, you are under arrest for crimes against Ta-Koro. You have the right to remain silent; anything you say can be used as evidence against you. Surrender your arms and come peacefully, and we will not harm you."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. Sleep had seized me in a moment of comfort, so to be woken up by an angry toa with a nightlight was less than helpful. The orange glow glittered off my golden armor, sending little puddles of light like smoke signals into the unknown darkness. The steel caught my eye more than anything. Weapons had already been drawn, mine were cradled like children to my chest still in their sheathes. Just in timing alone they'd beaten me. Nothing much left to do, when I look back on it.

"If you're gonna light up, mind putting some warmth in the coals and having a seat," I offered, waving absently to the mound of rocks that marked my camp. "Obviously we're not on the same page, so let's have a conversation shall we?

"This is a bit like a hunt for a tryna user: you're looking at the mask without seeing they're a matoran. Can you tell me, a wandering sword, what I did to upset someone enough to send three, no wait, four -- sorry didn't see ya there hon' -- toa to pick me up? Cause I could use a little light on that issue."

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

Oreius did not move; his expression did not change. In truth, half of his concentration was being spent on pushing down the irritation he was feeling at having to deal cordially with this Toa at all. The sound of snapping branches echoing through his mind conveyed Inu's thoughts quite clearly: he would rather be breaking bones right about now.

But that wasn't how Toa dealt with others, even men like him.

"You were recognized as the Toa behind the recent Ta-Koro bombing," he said. "We followed your trail here. If you are innocent, you have nothing to fear. Resisting arrest will not help your case."

"Well then," I said with a smug look of satisfaction; "lead on." I knew when to let myself lose. Sometimes losing gracefully is better than losing your life. With a soft toss, my swords landed at the feet of the Ta-toa wielding a glittering longsword, its hilt encrusted in jewels.

"Treat those like you'd treat you own, would you? I put a lot of effort into getting those made," I admitted, then brushed the snow off my rear as I stood up. Letting my hands hand ready for clasping.

I had half a mind to zap the first person to touch me. Not bad, just enough to call it a prank.

OOC: Illofarn's introduction; Part 1 IC: Illofarn watched the proceedings from a distance, it appeared his target would be taken to Ta-Koro after all.No matter, he could brake in, and out, of anywhere. This group of Toa could prove to be a problem though, he recognized most of them. They were Ta-Koro's finest. Whatever his target had done, it had really roused Jaller's wrath. He activated his Volitak and stalked into the shadows.

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

"No funny business," the Toa Maru growled, producing a pair of iron handcuffs. As he went to secure the criminal's wrists behind his back, his three companions tensed, ready to attack in a split second should their captive attempt any "funny business."

But there was none. The terrorist was bound, and, for good measure, the Toa of Fire gently pulled his Kanohi off.

"Your mask will be returned when we reach Ta-Koro," Oreius said. "Let's get going."

OOC: OOH OOH! I get to write about a maskless face... this is gonna be great!

The cold plunge of halving everything hurt like nothing else could. The four prongs around my mouth floundered feebly in the air, looking to clasp a kanohi that didn't exist. As Oreius Maru took the greater half of my power, my body drained of energy and my knees sank. If he hadn't been holding the cuffs my face would have hit the snow.

"uh, wow... This is intense," I groaned, a raging headache slowly pushing from my temples. "Not sure I can walk."

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

Pushing aside his distaste, Oreius sheathed his sword and bent down, picking up the captive in a fireman's hold. "I'll carry you. Remember - no trouble."

The hunters began the long trek back to their village, Angelus, Liacada, and Kino each keeping a close eye on the prisoner in case he tried to pull something. Oreius walked silently, determined to make it back to Ta-Koro by morning. And, silently, Inu exulted in their victory, but lamented the fact that there had been no blood spilled.

The snow swirled around them as they left Ko-Koro, following their footprints back they way they came.

OOC The hunters and their captive to Ta-Wahi.

NPC- Guard Lurah

The slim Ko-Toa nearly screamed when she felt an arm slide over her shoulders, but managed to hold it in. She had to impress these Toa of Fire, didn’t she? Her head darted around to see who was invading her personal space and she saw Tehlin’s mask, a mere inch from her own.

Tehlin. Memories surfaced, mainly of the three months he had been gone for, and the couple of intimate weeks before he had disappeared. She opened her mouth to scold him, then remembered the party of Ta-Toa. For a few minutes, she looked back and forth, gaping like a fish out of water, still startled from Tehlin’s abrupt appearance and still trying to look soldier-ly for the most famous Ta-Toa on the island.

Finally she settled into a forced grin and tensed body as the party moved by without another glance at her.

When they were out of earshot, Lurah shrugged out of Tehlin’s embrace and said, “Gods, don’t do that! I was… busy. Being a sentry! You don’t just come out of nowhere and I haven’t seen you for ages and get all snuggly with me during my shift and what were you doing all this time and why didn’t you say goodbye where have you been you don’t just do that to somebody, Tehlin! You’ve got to at least say goodbye what kind of hello was that?!”

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Illofarn watched as they walked away, he began to follow them at a distance, "I should really attend Akriin's trial, I can't wait to see what his sentence is. Won't make much difference though. In the end it will still equal death." He laughed to himself and then walked off into the swirling snowfall.OOC: Illofarn to Ta-Wahi

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC (Vanamaru)

Vanamaru had been taking a nap of considerable length. This was truly remarkable, for two reasons.

One, the nap had lasted much of the week, and two, he wasn't on a bed. He was in the snow. In the Drifts. With some heavy, fleshy thing on his back.

This fleshy thing was a Parakuka.

Vanamaru finally woke up, over the course of ten minutes, to the discovery that he was covered in frost. He felt for his back, which was larger than normal, and felt a stab of pain.

Look, but don't touch. Vanamaru, for some reason, was able to visualize a fur-covered figure with a brown creature on it's back. Apparently, the figure was Vanamaru-his armor is made of various hides and furs- and the brown thing?...

Who are you? Vanamaru asked. Not aloud, but in his head.

I am God, The voice replied. At your service.

Edited by Lieutenant Obvious

Morally unambiguous.

OOC: Syvra/Decay from Ga-wahi

Decay shivered slightly as he walked through the snow drifts of Ko-wahi.

Oh how i wish there was a plant that could produce heat.

I don't know what you are complaining about?

Hey you don't have to deal with the temperature. Your just a mask after all

Well that was a low blow. See if i work for you.

Decay shook his head as he wrapped his cloak further around himself. After a quick thought Decay summoned a layer of plants all around himself. This would keep himself warm but would also disguise himself. Even his mask looked like it was nothing but a plant, even the shape was no longer distinguishable The great thing about this disguise was that he did not have to remain his focus to keep the plants on, they were litterly rooted to his armor by vines and would not just fall off.

His eyes lit up when he saw in the distance the gates that lead to Ko-Koro and he began the short approach towards them,

Lets see what kind of havoc we can cause.

OOC: Syvra/Decay open for interaction

Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

Vanamaru took stock of his inventory, which was... disappointing, to say the least. He had no weapons, no food, no water, no money, and no navigational equipment. This meant he had to find Ko-Koro, fast, and without any way to know where he was going. He saw a tree in the distance, and went in that direction.

I know what you're thinking, "God" said.

What do you think I'm thinking?

Sharpen a branch from that husk of a plant over there, and use it to stab stuff?

I hadn't thought of that. Good idea.

It was snowing gently today, which was fortunate, in a way. He definitely preferred soft snowfall, in lieu of a blizzard. After walking over the tree, he snapped a branch from the dead tree. How a tree managed to grow out here in the snow, he had no idea. He took a rock from nearby, and rubbed it against one end of the stick. He would've preferred a knife, but if he had one, he wouldn't need a stick in the first place.

When he was done, he held up his work so he could see it clearly. Rudimentary, but it would work.

Do we get to use that?

Edited by Lieutenant Obvious

Morally unambiguous.

OOC: If someone wishes to make an attempt on a radio station, they can PM me for security details. :)

IC: After a property was purchased in Ko-Koro, the radio technicians got to work, assembling the large construct inside the building and taking appropriate measures to ensure it wouldn't be stolen or copied. Sound was kept to a minimum, but anyone passing by would often be bothered by the sound of a knee banging on metal or a muffled shout of pain.

On several mountain peaks elsewhere, similar projects were underway, and periodically test broadcasts would go along the chain, seeing how far it would go and debugging the system as problems arose. It took some time, but the system was eventually operating at maximum possible reliability.

:w:

IC: Riaril, Music for this piece is "Fallen Skies" (Youtube)

She gave a morose sigh, the sound echoing in the waiting chamber for Akiri Matoro. In the upper towers of the citadel, the ice was frosted; Riaril couldn’t see outside the room, save for the glimmer of midmorning sunlight spreading glowing fractals across the cold floor. The light reflected in her eye, beating her gaze away from the window and back to the room. The floor, walls, and ceiling were milky white, like skim chilled until frozen. Her steps released the sound of crunching powder, every sound echoing and magnified within the citadel’s structure. The fur coat dampened the sound as she slid into a chair of ice, the furnishing carved directly from the wall and floor. Her hand tapped the table of similar material, admiring the black dyed checker pattern on its surface. The frozen pieces stood at attention, eight matoran facing the oncoming infected rahi.

“But Makuta always got to make the first move,” Riaril commented, a rimy hand gently pushing the pawn from E2 to E4. Her mind returned to the past as she stared at the opposing pieces, strategy lost in a whirlwind of chaotic memories...

The wooden bridge swayed in an autumn breeze. Lush greenery hiding the wooden homes, verdant canopy holding the sun’s warmth as the stars began to twinkle through holes in the ceiling of tangled branches. Riaril wiped a falling leaf from her face and stared down the line of figures before her: blue head of Nakumiir, orange neck of Faerulo, brown of the Polzin reporter, and purple tattoos of Moriika. The auburn mountain of Takimoc’s back ended the sight, a captivating maze of rippling fitness that pulled on her heartlight sharp as the scalpel Riaril wielded so well.

Blackened Nui-Rama to C6. It slid without sound, moving into the white square like a nightmarish ghost.

They ate in the Bright-Star Inn, laughing into the night at the short po-matoran’s jokes. Nakumiir giggled at anything he said, the two hopelessly in love. Riaril watched them cuddle from across the table, her fleeting glances to Takimoc going unnoticed. Why did her heartlight ache? An ocean of emotion roiled within her as she watched the infatuated matoran of water. Could they have been opposites, one destined to love and the other to lead? She stuck a fork into her meal, the flavor lost to a tasteless palate. Was this jealousy?

She pushed herself D1 to G4: it was what she had done then. A fatal mistake, but love had no strategy.

Her sleep was traitorous. Dreams together with the man in the other room stabbed Riaril back to the present. She wandered from the bed, looking out the picture window into Le-Koro at night. Faerulo snored beside his muscular partner, the two keeping warm in each other’s arms in the second bed. Riaril gave them a motherly smile, then looked back at the lights outside. Fires twinkled against the moonless sky as her fingers touched the glass, staring at her pale reflection. She was young, experienced in healing; a master of her profession with a specialist team wanted across the island, Riaril led Team Kanohi Dragon with such smooth charisma. She could heal someone in the heat of war, could stitch organs together in minutes, could mend heartlights before they shattered. Why couldn’t she mend love?

The Nui-Jaga scittered into its territory, moving its lair from the open screen of D7 to the dark night of D6. It wasn’t the move that threatened, but potential wave of destruction it forged. From small actions came great consequences.

The wooden stairs creaked mournfully as she descended the stairwell to the first floor, tables and benches cleaned by staff from the rowdy partying of high-flying drinkers. The musicians were gone, lightstones in their sconces blanketed with black felt cloths. The night air was refreshing as she left the Brightstar Inn, feet inching out onto the platform high above the loam of the jungle floor. Her hands gripped the rope railing as she listened to the talking of trees, the murmured swaying of branches reminding her of cradle songs hummed in her youth. Somewhere down the flight of dark stairs a flutist was adding their own voice to the jungle choir. Intrigued and enchanted, Riaril walked toward the sound, her body breaking into the starlight as the stairs wound their way to the tree’s crown. Sitting on the single bench was the reporter, one leg crossed over the other as he rested on the edge of the seat. His music kept her spellbound, each stanzaic phrase pulling her closer.

Riaril the White Queen skipped to avoid her trauma, landing in the midnight of F4. Black pawn to E5: you can only postpone the inevitable.

“You can’t sleep?”

“I have trouble sleeping, maybe you got an herb for that, doc?”

“There’s a few,” Riaril admitted. “May I?” The matoran nodded and brushed the bench with his hand, cleaning off the few renegade leaves. The wood felt damp as she sat, but without her doctor’s coat to worry over she didn’t mind the water. The stars reflected in his asymmetrically colored eyes, brilliant clusters whirling within and above.

“Tell me something,” She began, then faltered. The courage seemed to evaporate into the night, stolen by the wind above the trees.

“Yes?”

Swallowing her fear, Riaril tried again. It was humbling to become a hero people like the reporter looked up to and yet still know nothing. “Do you love Nakumiir?”

He paused in thought and drooped his head to the side to stare back at her. The combination of orange and blue was disconcerting to Riaril, but she held down the myriad questions flowing through her medical mind to give him time to answer. A kahu chortled a sleepy melody from the aviary. Finally, he smiled and said; “As much as you love Takimoc.”

Queen to F3, the white square enveloping the ice-forged representation of her heart.

“What do you mean, I don’t,” Riaril tried to counter, but couldn’t find the weakness to lie any longer. “How did you know?”

“I’m a reporter,” he chuckled; “I see a good story when it’s in front of me.” The bamboo flute was set aside as he slid fully back into the bench, bringing his knees up to face her. “Nakumiir is what makes me wake up every morning. The chance to see her smile, to explore the island with her insurmountable curiosity,” he smiled a lover’s smile; “it’s a spell, really. Love is just a way of getting rooted in others, our way of seeing what we want in ourselves.”

The Black Nui-Rama continued it’s flight, landing on D4 with dampened crunch beneath the wait of memories. Once again, Riaril was under siege.

He laughed and patted her hand briefly, seeming to enjoy the moment. “Just tell him and you’ll be fine. He likes you too, you know. In fact, I might say he’s really enamored of you.”

Riaril blinked. When had he seen that? She pulled along her memory, but the night had dulled her thoughts, sleep finally beginning to crawl into her body. With a small yawn, she turned back to the stars, gazing at the toa who were. The single red star hovered in the night sky, surrounded by a ring of black. It was like how she saw herself: alone and surrounded by the backs of others. Maybe this wasn’t the truth? As she stared at the heavens, the flute music slowly drifted away, the po-matoran walking down the stairwell without need of a handhold until the canopy enveloped his body and blocked his sound.

The Queen returned to her home in E1, the darkness of her bower finally providing the safety to her heart. Riaril stared at the piece from her past, the use turning into thaw, thin lines of water slipping down its surface like the silent tears of her heart.

Edited by Kughii

IC: A dark shape walked through the halls of Ko-Koro, his armor obstinately dark against the white walls, like the metaphorical black sheep.The brief flash of light from his bracers brought back memories. Memories of having a purpose lost in madness.Killing. Wanting to kill every moment of every day. Wanting to kill one being.Wanting to kill his brother.His absent wanderings had lead him to a chessboard. Black and white. Like the world he'd lived in when the bracers had control over even his soul. So much easier.A Ga-Toa sat across the board. Her armor was a shade of blue like the darkest ocean ice. Her face would have been absolutely beautiful, but it was marred by a scar the color of the moon.His brother had always said he was too fond of poetic comparisons.Rekhan hated it when he was right.A finger like night reached to a white pawn shaped like an Onu-Matoran, touching it gently."Do you mind?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Well, hello there.

IC: Riaril

Her memories faded as the ebony finger invaded her life. Following the digit to its host, Riaril beheld a textbook image of toa musculature. If she had had the sense to bring her sketchbook, but then she wasn't expecting to gather information for her tome on the sapient species of the island. He was tall, her neck rotating upwards despite his bent posture.

Flustered, she shook her head and motioned to the chair opposite. "No, no, not at all. Can I help you?"

IC: The Toa picked up the piece in one quick motion, the pawn coming to rest in his palm.Metal of the purest dark flowed from his hand, filling in the details.A small form took shape, a Matoran with armor darker even than Rekhan's own. One who would be very familiar to any member of the Toa Maasi.Sovos.He placed it back on the board, the small clink of metal on ice, his eyes never having left Riaril's face. The emerald of his gaze stayed on her blue Mask of Healing, seeming to be eternally longing for any color in this city of white."Do you believe in destiny?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Decay

Decay finally made it to the gates of Ko-koro. He seemed hesitant to step through those gates. It was not a fear but he knew he was not in the best state of mind right now. With a deep breath he removed his cloak to reveal that is entire form was covered by plant of all kind. Where his heart light was a vibrant purple flower was covering it. With the plants covering his body he looked quite muscular even though that was not entirely true.

As he stepped through the gates he did receive odd looks from the locals but that was to be expected. But his main worry was finding an ally that use to be in ko-koro

OOC: Decay open for interaction

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: The pieces are made of ice, Lakefish. :P And I'm rolling with hilarity at what Riaril says because of Cael. XD

The metallic sheaf brought a furrow to the toa of water's brow. It stood out alarmingly in the row of uniform matoran. It was the black sheep, the traitor in the lines. How fitting: It was like her.

"Destiny," Riaril replied inquisitively. She leaned back as well as she could, foot worming its way out from under the table to settle across her other knee. "I don't know really. I've been that thought my attention lately as well. I guess I believe the only true destiny is we are all destined to die; that the Great Spirit gave us time on this island to serve our purposes and enjoy whatever amount of time we've been given. Beyond death, I don't see how anything is immutable." She paused, a finger tapping the head of the pawn he had returned. "We toa were given powers for a purpose, I like to believe. The concept of randomly gaining a power incomprehensible to our previous lives just makes it seem so much more dull."

"I don't think I caught your name, Toa..."

IC: His eyes flicked to the piece her finger was touching, memories surging back like the water the color of her armor made his thoughts roam to. "Long ago, I thought that my name held power over me, that I had to protect it." "Not anymore. I'm Rekhan.""So, I'm here. Does that mean anything or is it just random movement in the cosmic soup that brought me to this chessboard?"

BZPRPG Profiles

"Rekhan," Riaril repeated a couple of times, letting the r roll across her tongue. His black armor was a blemish against the white ice behind; his eyes unable to hold Riaril's gaze without blinking seemed frenetic, as if Rekhan had been chewing on the bonsai leaves an old patient Riaril vividly remembered used to grow.

"Well, if you're going to question destiny, you might as well sit down on this ice-chair," Riaril quipped; "I'm sure you're pre-destined to place yourself on a cool stool."

IC: The Toa moved slowly into a sitting position, finally getting the twitching under control. His gaze was intent on her face, all blinking gone.His hand gently brushed past Riaril's as he touched another piece, a ring forming around the Toa like the bracers on the Reaper's wrists.Darkness in the form of black iron flowed from it, coating the rook in shadow.The rook's lines and mask seemed to give off an infinitely more... evil feeling, seemed to give up the down-to-earth mood of the Onu-Matoran for madness."My mind isn't what it used to be. Is that destiny or is it just some being's sick sense of humor?"Rekhan's shoulders moved up and down in a shrug and he grinned. "I haven't caught your name either, and if I'm destined to sit on this stool I might as well know who I'm talking to."

Edited by The Fourteenth Lakefish

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Voxumo, that's you.IC: RyzenRyzen had been stuck in this stupid village, more commonly known as Ko-Koro, for a while now. Really? All this and I have to be stuck here? he thought. He hated large groups of people in one place. Though this was where he went, walking around some place. I'm leaving. This place hold no more interest for me.As he walked near the gates, he saw a strange figure moving past the gates. Curiosity drove him near the figure. As he looked closely, the latter was covered in plants, which was even stranger. Ryzen's instincts were to approach him, and talk. He did.

Her golden eye glanced down at the malicious Rook then back to Rekhan. "You know, there's a reason why one side of the board is black, and the other white? You don't play Crazy House with only one set of pieces." Riaril shook her head slowly before continuing, an arm wrapping over the back of her ice chair. "I'm a doctor. I work at the Nuju-Marillion Research Hospital. We have a psychologist there, maybe you can get yourself checked in and healed up after a period of time. Everyone is individual, of course, but we tend to have a high rate of success with cases of, as you said, insanity."

As she talked the pieces slowly returned to their origin, occasionally pausing in her hand to made an animated point. When finished she paused, looking down at the returned Nui-Rama. "I'm Gabel, Doc Gabel."

IC:

"You'll find I was rather more resolute in my insanity than most. I'm better now. The corruption is gone, the darkness vanished."

The iron flowed off of the pieces, coiling together, leaping like a snake striking at the Fe-Toa. He merely held out his hand, the snake disappearing as it hit his inky armor.

"Not by light, but by darkness. Even shadow cannot stand against itself."

Rekhan leaned back, the intensity of his gaze not faltering. "So, you stood against the dark, Doctor? You see yourself as able to classify those of us who didn't like different models of machines, broken inside, that we had some psychological reason for swapping sides like a tainted chess piece?"

"I dabbled in things I couldn't control, and they controlled me. My mind broke itself like a bird against a window."

"So, Doctor Gabel. Do you take pity on a lost, tainted soul, or have you been on my side of this equation?"

BZPRPG Profiles

The rattling of chains and lapping of water within a cave surged behind Riaril's eye, the ghostly image of her haunting specter resting beside the toa of iron. She winked and blew a kiss. The piece in her hand splintered with a dull crunch, a herald of the present as the vespers of her memory faded.

"That's a rather personal question Rekhan," Riaril replied with a guarded tone. Staring at the constituent parts of the Nui-Rama piece, she gathered them into her palm and began setting them in place, one by one, with the slightest of condensation from the air. It felt good to use her element. Water was tranquil and peaceful to Riaril, even after all she had seen and done.

IC: "Sometimes evasion tells more than an answer, Doctor."Rekhan held up a midnight hand, looking at it intently, every movement deathly silent. "I suppose my brother was right about me."His eyes made the barest of movements to Riaril's face. "Am I right about you and your evasions of my questions?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Decay looked over at The toa of ice that approached and he smirked under the cover of his plants

That Venixa is Ryzen

Wait.. Wait that is Ryzen? Not much to look at.

Eh he still has his usefulness.

Decay turned to face the toa directly and a deep laugh emanated from beneath the plants that covered every inch of his form

"Well long time no see Ryzen. Seems you have not changed much at all."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: RyzenRyzen almost raised an eyebrow with surprise, wondering how the Toa, it seemed, knew his name. The idea tugged at him, until..."You."It was that Syvra, the Toa of plantlife he had made a short alliance with. "And I suppose you haven't changed too much, though I don't recall you being covered with plants." He leaned a little closer. In a chilling voice, he spoke. "So, what's with you?"

OOC: Alright, let's get this voyage moving again!IC(Ignitus):I wake up.Where am I? I wonder for a second.Then the last couple of days come back to me.It's time to head for Ta-Koro. That's where Gravus' sister is, plus I feel... something calling me there. Jarkale said the best telescope on the island is there, so maybe my answer will be there.I sit up next to the fireplace, looking around. I nudge JL and Kiron to wake them up.:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Decay laughed very deeply

"Oh not not much. Plants provide the perfect warmth in this weather. Been about the island on a temporary job with a toa of sound. Figured i would come and say hello."

He waves his hand upward and sure enough the plants started to decay and fall off his body before all that remained was his natural frame

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Sometimes people forget it's rude to delve into another's past," Riaril snapped defensively, then reverted to her calm, if impatient, demeanor. "I'm sorry. That was rude of me."

She glanced at the door, wondering when Akiri Matoro would be available for her appointment. The sick and wounded rested precariously on her shoulders: leaving the hospital for much longer would only have a negative impact. Unconsciously, her foot began to tap a light pattern, the motion echoing like all the others. For the sake of conversation, Riaril returned her gaze to the other being in the white-walled room.

"You don't seem like the type who wants an appointment with the Akiri, yet here you are. Why?"

IC: Rekhan seemed unfazed. "I've had much worse said to me. You're fine.""Why am I here? Have you forgotten our conversation on Destiny, or do you want another philosophical debate?"He grinned. "I'm actually here because I lost track during my wanderings. Why be anywhere else?""I'm being maddeningly ambiguous. Sorry."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Syvra

Syvra cocked his head to the side and smirked

"You remember me well Ryzen. Very well. I came to seek you out to see if you may be in need of... asistance?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu