Star Wars RPG - Galaxy at War

IC (Darth Serpens)

"Correct. Second Riddle: I have no form, but I am in the mindssssss of all thinking beingsssss. All can touch me. Few can wield me. I was there when space was devoid of sssssshipssssss and I will be there so long as one ssssssentient ssssssstil drawssssss breath. I am with the merchent. The revolutionary and the tyrant. What am I?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Aboard the Renaissance]

"A trivial riddle; it's words, of course. All sentients use them, but only a few can use them to great effect."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Darth Serpens)

The masked, black-robed Sith showed no reaction to the insult. "Correct. Third and final riddle: Many ssssssstrive for me. Those with grudgessssss worssssssship at my altar. The intelligent avoid me, the clever fossssssster me in others. Thosssssse with no intellect follow me without question. Thossssssse who avoid me prosper. Those who do not rissssssk lossssssing everything. I am worthlesssssss. The foolssssss in the Sssssssith Order wissssssh for me above all elsssssse. What am I?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC(Helor Tuorri, Aboard The Knife's Edge):

The cruiser shook as the gunship's laser hit home, bringing up a string of curses in Kobothi, mostly about Sarlaccs and the unspeakable things clones did with them.

The pirate stared out of the viewport, struggling to come up with a solution to their problem. They couldn't leave the planet on their current course, but staying in the open airspace above the city was bound to bring something more serious than a pair of gunships. Couldn't go up, couldn't stay where they were... the solution wasn't very nice, but at least it was simple.

Tuorri punched in a few commands at his console, and then turned to the controls for the maneuvering thrusters.

"Can't say that you're going to like this part, but... Well, not many choices left."

The starboard thruster suddenly flipped over, blowing hot plasma forwards and forcing the slow cruiser into a surprisingly tight turn centered on the reversed engine, bringing it around, now nose-downwards, back towards the gunship and the undercity. Were droids capable of such a thing, the OOM copilot would have felt no small amount of joy as it was finally able to bring the guns under its personal control to bear against the LAAT that dared to scratch its beautiful vessel. As soon as the gunship was in its sights, the two main quad laser batteries opened up, as did the proton torpedo launcher, flinging a full salvo of ship-grade munitions straight at the unlucky clones.

Without waiting to see how the shot at the gunship went, Tuorri increased throttle, pushing the Edge back into the undercity as quickly as he could manage.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It would take L'uo a minute before coming to the obvious solution. The solution that had been taught to her for years as she labored under her Sith masters. One that many apprentices, even today, did not understand.

"Revenge." She said simply, quietly.

Edited by Judge Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Darth Serpens)

"Correct." The holographic Sith removed his mask and pulled down his robes hood, revealing a snake-like head and the upper part of a hood that would not be out of place on a cobra. "You have passsssssed my tessssstssssss. You have proven three thingssssssss. You have sssssstudied the hisssssstory of the galaxy, for few today remember the crussssssadessssss and even fewer are capable of looking upon them free of biasssssss. You have proven that you know the greatest power in the galaxy is not sssssssimple weaponsssss but the sssssssspoken word. Finally, you have proven you are not a fool. What would you asssssk of me? My equal?"

Edited by Basilisk

"Your knowledge, my lord." L'uo spoke about as honestly as she ever had; it was the only thing that mattered, in the end. "History. People. The Force. It does not matter what, simply that I have not spent this time in vain." A pause. "Perhaps, though... In this era, the galaxy is torn by war. The Jedi have seized power they have no right to. The Galactic Republic continues to degrade by the day. A rebel faction, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, is filled with criminals and con artists, yet many in the Sith continue to support them. The Sith Order itself continues to find Apprentices who's hearts look to power, not order. More people die with every passing second. How can this end? What will it take to restore balance to the galaxy, to the way it was before?"

voidstars.png

IC (Darth Serpens)

"Sssssssshow me a government free of crime and I ssssssshow you a goverment that excelsssss at lying. The sssssssituation you desssssscribe is not new. What, exactly do you sssssssseek for the galaxy?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC [Aboard the Renassiance]

"I seek an end to this conflict, so we can beginning preparing to end another. Conflict will always exist, but this one has gone on for too long. Neither side deserves to win this war, and yet one must. It's a paradox." L'uo's thoughts were becoming more disjointed; it was one of her phases starting, though she herself didn't notice.

Edited by Judge Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC (Darth Serpens)

"If both sssssssides are equally depraved, then why fight? We are Sssssssith. The ssssssshadows have long been our friend. If you do not wissssssh to ensure the victory of a faction you ssssssssee assssss unworthy then you must prepare for the long game. I asssssssume internal reform is off the table?"

"Perhaps for the CIS. Darth Scitus is not a man who's word I'd dare challenge. The Republic... it is quite possible that it would take someone with the skill of Tarsus Valorum to fix it now. Perhaps... the waiting game is for the best."

voidstars.png

IC (Darth Serpens)

"If you cannot find another Blotussssssss the Hutt, then the waiting game will have to do." There was an actual trace of admiration in the snake-like Sith Lords voice at the mention of that name. "You are Ssssssith. Sssssseek the sssssshadows and they will defend you unto death. Ssssssseek otherssssss who think asssss you do. Develop an objective. Wait for the right time and then.....ssssssstrike. Firssssst ensure that you are not misssssstaken in your assssssumptions. Plansssss are of no usssssse if built on a flawed basssssse. I am a whisssssssper from the past and powerlesssssss. Unlike you. Tread carefully my equal."

Edited by Basilisk

IC (Anshar Rune):

Anshar leaned out and looked at the Sith Lord. He raised his index finger in thought. "Right, Lord... Gurrox, right? We should get to know each other's strengths, historical, psychological, and physical." The Apprentice crossed his arms and rested his chin at the intersecting point of his arms. "I've been studying Niman pretty intensively almost since the moment I got on the Renaissance." He stuck his tongue out in thought. "It's been close to ten years, I guess." The apprentice smiled. "What do you practice, Lord Gurrox?"

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

OOC: I thought his profile said he studied Soresu? Granted, I suppose he could be lying. IC (Anshar Rune): Anshar nodded. "Oooh, a swordsman and a healer. How awesome. You wouldn't happen to know which planet we're heading to, would you, Lord Gurrox? I may have missed it when Darth Recusatia dropped the name. First big mission and whatnot..." The apprentice was beaming sheepishly.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

"I will dwell on your wisdom. But, now, I must ask you of a... practice I have heard of. Done by the Jedi in eons past; perhaps you may know of it. It is the ability to temporarily merge with the Force, to let your mind travel the galaxy in an instant and view things done thousands of light years away. Is it possible?"

voidstars.png

OOC: Looking at the description you have, it was the other way around. You changed it from Makashi to Soresu. :3

IC (Carawyn Jade):

The gunship released another volley of two missiles, and tried to bank to the right and avoid the Edge's volley of fire. The proton torpedo whizzed past the gunship, blowing a large chunk out of a tower. The building shivered, before it collapsed onto a transport that was slowly rising from a rickety old port.Unfortunately, the gunship was nowhere near fast enough to avoid the double burst from the quad-laser turrets, particularly due to the sudden shift in range. Carawyn winced as he felt Marrow and the other clones get snuffed out by the blasts. The gunship was practically vapourized by the attack. Jade cursed, holding the furbear with one hand as he brought the Flitknot down, keeping pace with the Edge as it dropped towards the undercity. Sticking close to the ship kept him in the gunners' blind spot. Putting distance between the two would quickly turn him into a target for the Edge's lighter quad-laser array. "Nentir, please hold off on firing anything too explosive. I've foolishly put myself into a position where I'm dancing rather close to their ship."

The Padawan swung his arm about, throwing Chubs into the space in front of him. "I'll kriffing deal with you later, furball. Hold on tight."

Jade swung his arm outwards, his lightsaber flying from his arm warmer to his outstretched palm. The yellow blade blazed to life as he swooped along the belly of the ship, stabbing at a belly-mounted dish-like system that looked vaguely important to the pirate cruiser. The comms of all the Jedi crackled to life. "Captain Tremaine of the Lance*. We are in orbit over your position. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a fighter screen. Our interceptors are have been engaging in war games at the other side of the planet and are currently refueling on the surface. We'll keep an eye out for any ship though. What is the class of the bogies' ship?"

OOC:*An Arquitens-class light cruiser.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Amatton Kirkbride | Coruscant

"What's up with the third one, then? The Twi'lek?"

It seemed strange the bounty hunters would do this. He couldn't imagine a solution other than a three way split that would leave at least one party very unhappy with the final result. He didn't want to be there in the fallout. Still, he knew better than to press questions about that. No reason to give the hunter an incentive to just kill him and turn on Gnar.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Serentethe aboard the Sith infiltrator craft

Serentethe stared at the Lord blankly, his position having not moved an inch. His first instinct had been to kill. Almost immediately this was repressed. His second instinct was to relax and allow the sifting. He was used to his mind being picked. So, letting the Lord gain hold of his current mind state the way he'd decided to go about it, wasn't much of a problem. "Are you pleased with the result?" Serentethe asked in reference to the swirling abyss of anger that was his mind. Mind perused, bored with the little encounter and in no mood to wait for an answer, Serentethe sidestepped the Lord and began to resume his walk.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC (Darth Recusatia): "Lady Recusatia. I trust that your journey is going well?"Darth Recusatia opened one eye as the familiar voice with a distinct Coruscanti accent echoed in her mind. The Mirialan Sith smiled. "Darth Scitus. How good of you to drop in. I presume there is some pertinent news that you wished to deliver?" The Dark Lord of the Sith's mental message sounded slightly mirthful. "Some more information has come from our satellite. It has been tracking our quarry. There are eight Jedi on-planet, and a little over a squad of their slave soldiers. I trust that the apprentices haven't been too rowdy.""For the most part, they seem eager. Perhaps over eager. But such is the way of youth." The Mirialan Sith bit her lip in contemplation. "There is the issue of the Kaminoan experiment. The instability of its subconscious is increasingly obvious. We shall continue to monitor it." OOC: Hyperspace post 2/3

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

The Kobothi curses hit on a whole new level of angry, and the pirate was really starting to run out of them.

"Sensors are shot! You can't pay me half enough to try this sort of stunt in the undercity on visuals alone - might get blown up breaking atmo, but I'll prefer that to getting crushed under a few dozen hundred tons of 'crete, if it's all the same to you."

With yet another sudden shift in direction, it was quite likely that the Edge's sole passenger wasn't feeling quite right in the stomach area, something unlikely to be helped much by the shake-down provided by the gunship's last missiles just as the maneuvering jets both turned straight downward, hot streams of plasma giving the cruiser a lift as Tuorri worked to turn it back towards space. The gunners, having difficulty classifying targets, were shooting at any moving thing that came within a given range of the Edge, providing a panicked scattering of laser fire that was unlikely to endear them to the locals.

OOC: With my understanding of the undercity, it's a place where you'd need some kind of sensors to find the least solid path between you and the nearest 'street,' and if I read that right, well, gravity is working on putting distance between the ship and its main sensor dish. Least whoever designed it had enough sense to not put the dish on the top of the thing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Trentin)
“I…” Trentin gulped down an extremely foul brew that had arisen from her stomach. “Have no objections. Get me out of here alive and I’ll double, no triple, your fee. And upgrade your ship.” The bandit lady looked extremely concerned. “This day has gone from bad to worse.”

"Truer than I'd like. You got other people on this planet, chances are they won't be getting off on this ship."

As the ship finished its upward turn, the fire from the turrets slackened, as there were simply fewer moving targets in range. With the turrets the only remaining way of getting solid information on what was happening beyond what Tuorri could see out of the cockpit's viewports, the pirate was getting jumpier by the minute, half expecting one of those big wedge-shaped destroyers to come out of one of their blind spots.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Elara (Coruscant)

"Last I saw, they had gone into the undercity," Elara replied, having boarded after paying the cab driver, "If we move quickly, we can still..." Elara was cut off when she saw the cruiser surfacing again and pointed to it. "There, that's their ship." At that moment, she received Captain Tremain's transmission and raised her communicator to respond. "Captain, this is Elara Odai. The suspects are in a Gozanti Cruiser and they're trying to make a break for it. Be advised, they've already shot down two gunships down here." As she took a closer look, she noticed a small trail of smoke coming from what looked like the underside of the ship. "Looks like they've sustained some damage," she said, "What is this ship armed with?

IC: San Vroon

Vroon had taken off after Jade and the ship. "This is madness." he muttered as he'd seen the ship dip down into the under city as it tried to escape. The Kel Dor had followed. He weaved through the dangerous junctions of the under city as he followed Jade's speeder and the ship. He watched as Jade slashed up the underbelly of the ship some with his saber. The ship began to lift upwards towards space once again as its guns began to unleash hot plasma into the surrounding area. Vroon was far enough away that he was safe from the barrage. He watched in anger as the gunners of the ship blasted any civilian speeder that came too close to them. They were taking far too many innocent lives. They had to be stopped. He accelerated the speeder once again as he began to gain on Jade and the ship.

IC: Jaceren Gans

"The Rakata homeworld... how interesting," Jaceren said. "I've always wanted to journey there after hearing about Revan's tale." he said.

He turned towards Gurrox. "Do not worry my anger is focused at the Jedi and the Jedi alone. There is no reason why I would direct my hate towards any of you. My anger can be seen as a weakness. I'm also not very equipped with a blaster. Always trained with a saber. I am most skilled with Form VII, I attack with both sabers without stop. Though I have been told I should learn another form. Perhaps Form II." Jaceren said.

"Anyone up for a little training to pass the time?"

IC (Carawyn): Jade was desperately trying to keep pace with the sudden movements of the Edge, a near-Herculean task thanks to the gibbering fur ball wedged in the one-seater speeder bike with him. "I'm pretty sure I saw it fire off a pro-." The Padawan's response to Elara was cut off as his stowaway threw his grubby paws up and let out a gleeful squeal. "Krifhmwrwerm." Jade's curse was cut short as he received a mouthful of filthy fur, the creature continuing to gibber excitedly. "Poor critter must be half-mad with fear." He spat, and brought his Flitknot up, hugging the belly of the Gozanti cruiser and finishing his previously interrupted sentence. "Proton torpedo."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Kam-Ul (Jedi Archives)

"Greetings, I am Master Gnost-Dural; keeper of the Jedi Archives. The Jedi Council requests that I perform a daunting task: to revise the order's historical records in light of new revelations about the formation of the Sith Empire. Specifically I am to trace the conflict between the Empire and the Republic, the Sith and the Jedi, to uncover the roots of the struggle which now plagues us"

Kam paused the recording, stroking his beard as he contemplated what he was about to embark on.

The current conflict was most decidedly different from the old war between the Republic and the Sith Empire, but Kam felt worried by the whole thing, he needed some sort of reference, and what better reference to go to but the one regarding the most devastating war in the galaxy's history? Kam smiled slightly as he continued the recording.

"I have chosen to begin with the singular defining event of recent years: the unprecedented peace agreement between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic; the Treaty of Coruscant..."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC(Djashell, Coruscant): "The twi'lek is called Syaa," Djashell said, a little stiffly, "She's...my personal assistant." She didn't quite want to reveal her true connection with Syaa. She didn't know Kirkbride well, or at all, and wasn't going to tell him something like that. People had tried to use it against them before. Hadn't worked, but they'd tried

IC(Gurrox, in transit): "So you charge at an enemy with no attempt at ranged attacks, have no concept of strategising a proper assault and tend to be blinded by anger..." Gurrox rumbled. He broke out into a wide grin at the apprentice, "Well, think we've found our cannon fodder for this voyage."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Salvador Oro | Sith Infiltrator"I'd be very, very careful in the future." Salvador replied darkly. "There is a fire in you. But until you learn control, it shall never be the fire within a Lord of the Sith."

IC: Ammaton Kirkbride | Coruscant

"Huh. So, why do you think these Swoop Gang people would want a beaten up old ship?"

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC (Vel Orral)
Vel inclined his head. “Seems likely mi’lord.” He turned his blank mask towards the mandalorian Sith. "If you want an honest opinion, sounds like you’re in love with your own bloodlust. What do you want more, victory or revenge? That’s the thing really, you can’t have both. Every time, every kriffin time, the Sith Order has risen from the ashes of defeat to seek revenge on the Jedi…we’ve lost. We lost in the New Sith Wars. We lost in the Great Galactic War and we’ll lose here if it’s all we focus on. Can you name on war that gave the ancient Sith a lasting victory? I didn’t think so, hard not to notice a pattern there huh?”
IC (Trentin)
Trentin, currently gripping the edges of her seat as though her love, the life of all her loved ones and descendants-yet-to-be-born depended on it, managed to sound calm and steady when she spoke. If only just. “These thing has escape pods right? If things get too hot we might haveta make us of them…”
Edited by Basilisk

The pirate shook his head frantically as he tried to get some sort of solid information on what sort of problems were no doubt racing up from behind and below to cut off their escape. The ship's nose was pointed almost straight up at this point, with all thrusters doing everything they could to put distance between it and Coruscant.

"We get blown up breaking orbit, there's not much good those pods will do us - well, unless you want the Jedi to catch us."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Jaceren Gans

"I never said I didn't use range attacks. I use the force as my range attacks. Force choke, force push. They work nicely." he said.

"I will not be used as canon fodder." he said as he narrowed his eyes. "Just because I am aggressive with my attacks does not mean I am unable to strategize and think on the battle field."

"I am also willing to change my ways. So let's have some training. Help me to not become canon fodder oh great Sith Lord. Isn't that what you're here for? Instruction?" Jaceren said to Gurrox. "Teach me to control my rage and use another form. One that I can rely on unless I must use my rage for a reason."

He turned to Vel. "I suppose you are right. I am very old fashioned it seems when it comes to the attitudes of the Sith. I have had trouble adjusting to the new ways after looking back at the history of the Sith. Perhaps with time I will see that it is victory I seek and not revenge."

OOC: Yup! The Knife's Edge is the Gozanti Cruiser.

IC (Anshar Rune): Anshar grinned as Gurrox jabbed at Gans, and pointed at Vel. "You know, Jaceren, Aloe Vera makes a very good point. And your outlook puts you in a small minority. Old-fashioned doesn't mean better." The Kage hybrid rolled over, shifting himself so his face was closer to the other Sith. "Really, we're much healthier than previous Sith orders. Or at the very least, have a better mindset. Unity in purpose is much better than having to sleep with one eye open for fear that your comrade will stab you in the back." "Personally, I think more would have been accomplished if past orders hadn't spent so much energy infighting and backstabbing. I think that learning to work in unity with other Sith and harnessing one's emotions are potentially more important than skill with the lightsaber in bettering oneself and improving one's strength."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Zane (Sith Infiltrator)

"That's a good mindset to keep," Zane remarked as he entered to the room where Gurrox and some of the apprentices were, "Better to learn from and understand your fellow Sith than live day-to-day thinking of ways to one-up them." His smile faltered a bit as he added, "That being said, you would also be wise to take caution. I'm sure that you understand that there are quite a few Sith who would gladly take advantage of you if you're not careful."

----------------

IC: Elara (Coruscant)

"Be careful. Our companions are still near that cruiser," Elara said. She figured that Nentir's ship's turbo-laser would have enough reach to keep them out of range of the cruiser's lasers but the proton torpedo launcher concerned her. She didn't know for sure if it had more than one and whether or not it was fixed in one position.

IC(Djashell, Coruscant): "Assuming there was no valuable cargo you weren't telling me about then possibly as a trophy of the event. Or to break down for spare parts," Djashell commented, "Would be cheaper than buying."

IC(Gurrox, Transit): "Very well, young apprentice, your challenge is accepted," said Gurrox, "When the battle at Lehon comes you will hang back and stay by my side. You will watch the combat from a distance and discuss the merits and failings of each warrior. Maybe you will even learn something of the healing arts. It will be a test of your patience."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Jaceren Gabs

"You all have a very good point. I think it is time I tried to let go of sticking to the old ways and tried to embrace the new age. I need to be more in tune with the new Empire. It will take time, and probably a bit guidance if any of you are willing. My hate for the Jedi is deep, I need to learn control, to focus my hate."

Jaceren glanced at Gurrox and his face fell. To hang back from the fight was the last thing Jaceren wanted. "I think that is a test I might fail. Perhaps another battle I can do that but not this one. I need to impress Lady Recusatia."

He nodded at Zane. "If anything I need to be a bit more trusting. As it is I trust very few."