OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Please, can someone make a separate topic for this? This thread has become a band battleground.

I did, but everyone's ignoring it. :P

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I didn't wanna spam another topic with this, but does anyone else think the Skull Spider's will transfer their special traits onto their controlee? (i.e. Hardiness, X-ray vision, increased speed, etc.)

I think it could be possible. The Krana that Lewa wore gave them its power, and though they are two completely different creatures in two different storylines, I still think the Skull Spiders could transfer their power to their host if they took over someone. (If they can even do that to begin with.) I don't have any proof for it though. 

Speaking of Lewa and the Krana, I will be very dissappointed if we don't get a scene this year where Lewa gets possessed by a Skull Spider and Onua has to save him.

That would be a phenomenal throwback scene.  All the nostalgists would go into fits of happiness.

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Its an IDW transformers reference... Black shadow, Six shot and Overlord are very powerful decepticons charged with the complete destruction of planets.

I don't like imagine dragons period. I have never heard of those others.

Well definitely look 'em up, just to see if you like 'em.

The only difference I can hear between the two is that Cryoshell's lead singer isn't as good.  Perhaps I simply don't listen to enough of that genre...in any case, I don't mind them all that much as a band, I suppose.  I just hope they're not involved with the reboot.  We get enough of that Linkin Park/Green Day/"Wow I'm so edgy and rebellious making a tie-in song for a major franchise"/alt-rock malarkey as it is.  I'd rather see TLG try something more unique.

You want something different? Alright, let's bring in Shinedown, Stone Sour, Imagine Dragons, or Avenged Sevenfold. Never seen a Bionicle music video with a Shinedown or A7X song. Dunno why, some of the songs by those 2 are perfect. Imagine Dragons has some great songs as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Imagine Dragons or Fall Out Boy making music for the new Bionicle.

Yeah, Imagine Dragons' new song "Warriors" would be a good fit. "Battle Cry" would also be a good one, even though it was already used for Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Again, those are all bands or genres that have been used to advertise films and toys and whatnot many times before; as far as licensed music goes, I'd rather hear something a bit riskier and more unique.  In all likelihood we'll end up with something like what you're suggesting, because BIONICLE is musically marketed mainly to the vast swaths of pre-teen kids with whom Imagine Dragons and the like are usually popular, but I think movies like Guardians of the Galaxy have proved that you can go in a much different direction musically and be hugely successful.  That's the kind of chance I'd like to see them take, if they decide not to focus on a more orchestral, mythical sound (as they have so far).

Shinedown has had only 3 songs I'm aware of that were done for films, only 1 of which was actually in the film it was intended for. Avenged Sevenfold has been used for Treyarch's Zombies gamemode in CoD, but I'm not aware of any other uses of their songs. Stone Sour...don't know of any of their songs being used for anything. Of the 3 bands, I'd pick Shinedown...if they can do a song for Alice in Wonderland and a song for The Avengers, I'm sure they could do one fitting for Bionicle.

I didn't even know those bands existed. 

Then look them up, you might like 'em.

Here's a Christmas song by Shinedown for everyone...it's a cover of a John Lennon song. Figured I'd spread some Christmas cheer. :)

I hate music...

I think the next episode will be like the comics. They go for the mask, but the skull spiders attach to the protector's face, then the Toa save them..

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Let's hope in the next episode they give the protectors names (or at least give us an in story reason why they don't). 

"I am Steve, Protector of Stone!  I fight against evil!  It is my destiny to be a minor supporting character that gets two lines of dialogue in the entire story!"

• Upvote 15

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the next episode is the one that the image of Tahu climbing the cliff face with the Protector of Fire on his back comes from.

That would make sense. Are there any other screenshots from NYCC left that we haven't seen in an episode?

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the next episode is the one that the image of Tahu climbing the cliff face with the Protector of Fire on his back comes from.

That would make sense. Are there any other screenshots from NYCC left that we haven't seen in an episode?

Well, the lava-surfing picture, for one.

I have a feeling that while the most recent episode establishes the beginning of all six Toa's mask quests, they will obtain their golden masks in individual episodes dedicated solely to them. The length of these episodes doesn't really allow for six different action sequences at once. Tahu will probably be the first one to get his mask seeing as the first few episodes have focused on him and the Protector of Fire, but after that the spotlight will probably shift to each of the other Toa in sequence.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I have a feeling that while the most recent episode establishes the beginning of all six Toa's mask quests, they will obtain their golden masks in individual episodes dedicated solely to them. The length of these episodes doesn't really allow for six different action sequences at once. Tahu will probably be the first one to get his mask seeing as the first few episodes have focused on him and the Protector of Fire, but after that the spotlight will probably shift to each of the other Toa in sequence.

Hang on, wasn't the lava-surfing scene in Tahu's character animation? That confirms at least some of that character video appearing in the next episode, doesn't it? That would also explain the Vahi in Tahu's character video...

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Hang on, wasn't the lava-surfing scene in Tahu's character animation? That confirms at least some of that character video appearing in the next episode, doesn't it? That would also explain the Vahi in Tahu's character video...

I'm pretty sure that ALL of the character videos have their animation cribbed from the episodes in which the Toa obtain their gold masks. I doubt that they're going to do two versions of each of those events, after all.

Blast cage, trust me, I don't like them, I hated that they were used in AOE. (Not that that film had much going for it)

I personally believe the protectors should get their own names. I'm going to give them each a name and back story! :D

Oh, I was talking about Shinedown, A7X, and Stone Sour. Not Imagine Dragons. Sorry if I wasn't too clear.

Doubt we'll see the Protectors get names. They'll probably remain anonymous for simplicity's sake. But we can all pretend that they're the G1 Turaga, since that's essentially what they are...just more awesome because they actually fight and whatnot.

Oh, oops.

Honestly, I hope they play a big part in the story, I don't want to see them reduced to background guys.

I don't think they will be reduced to just background characters, they seem to be pretty important so far.

I'd be interested in getting the names of the Protectors somewhere down the line, but I don't think we need them immediately.

If they're recurring characters, perhaps we'll get names later on.

Edited by THE_Blastcage

Oh, running change anyone?

Not likely. Any names would have to be trademarked and run through legal, and I don't know how it'd fly with retailers to have the product's name change partway through the year.

If the Protectors get names at any point, it's not likely to be unless they appear in other forms form in other sets in a later year. And given the fact that there was nothing stopping Lego from giving them names in the first place, I imagine their lack of names is another deliberate choice to reduce the amount of jargon and complexity.

• Upvote 1

If the Protectors get names at any point, it's not likely to be unless they appear in other forms form in other sets in a later year. And given the fact that there was nothing stopping Lego from giving them names in the first place, I imagine their lack of names is another deliberate choice to reduce the amount of jargon and complexity.

Though considering the sheer number of names in series like Ninjago (admittedly toned down a little since 2012) and Chima (...not toned down at all) it's a bit of a perplexing choice. I don't mind them not having names, personally, but it's still a strange move if that really is the reason. 

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

did anybody else think it was wierd that the elder of the protecters of fire just become unhunched back in less then a second and goes into a stance that praccticly says "im not so old as u think tough guy" i just thaught that was completely weird.... :???:

Pink squids are royalty.

i kind of made this when i was bored hope you guys like it

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

did anybody else think it was wierd that the elder of the protecters of fire just become unhunched back in less then a second and goes into a stance that praccticly says "im not so old as u think tough guy" i just thaught that was completely weird.... :???:

...and awesome!

bZpOwEr

He wasn't hunchbacked.  That was his gun.

Edit: Kapura'd by thaaaaaaat much!

Edited by Jayk

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

TICKETS TO THE GUN SHOW HA HA ALL RIGHT

That was terrible and you should be ashamed of yourself.  Here's an upvote. +1

• Upvote 3

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Doubt we'll see the Protectors get names. They'll probably remain anonymous for simplicity's sake. But we can all pretend that they're the G1 Turaga, since that's essentially what they are...just more awesome because they actually fight and whatnot.

In my mind their names are Vakama, Onewa, Whenua, Matau, Nuju, and Nokama until Lego specifically says those aren't their names.

• Upvote 1

I too find it odd they do not have names unless something were to happen to the current protectors and they must be replaced with their children... that way the sets can represent both parent and child without much change and therefore killing two birds with one stone. I actually would very much like this to happen, it would be a great plot point. The parents wouldn't necessarily have to die, they could get captured by the skull spiders and be imprisoned and the children fight to help save them.

I too will imagine they have the names of the Turaga unless otherwise specified.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I'm okay with the Protectors remaining nameless. Honestly doesn't bug me all that much. The sets represent both Elders and villagers and I assume their role will always be very minor compared to the Masters - makes sense to keep them nameless. Save the names for the more important figures. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Well, maybe we'll find out later on...         or not, but I hope we find out what the protectors names are and like what Sir Kohran said about them playing important or recurring roles in the storyline. My guess that there names are the same as the Turagas.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube