EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

I'm alive simply by the merit of having not showed up yet, and I think I'm okay with that. but dang like the first chapter and already a bunch of people have died I'm scared

Interested to see how Voltex's conditioning is gonna affect him though, and whether or not he'll be fully in control now that the White Council has messed with him.

To Be Fair, All Of The Deaths So Far Have Been Characters That I Took From Canon Who Barely Existed. Nobody From BZP Has Died Yet.

I don't think he was fully in control beforehand

Yeah, This Isn't The First Time Someone Has Tried To Rip Voltex's Mind To Pieces

When You Think About It, It Really Is Strange That Everyone Still Wants To Follow Him.

• Upvote 2

Luroka: Breaker Of Minds. That Should Be A Member Title, But I Kinda Like The MOPE Title. Also, Congratulations On Two Pages.

I Guess People Follow Him For His Mental Strength And Perseverance. He Has Gone Through Plenty.

Voltex is definitely one of the stronger characters mentally I guess. But you could say the same thing about Xaeraz too. It depends on how you look at it - do you admire someone who has been tortured to insanity for their strength in surviving, or do you acknowledge the fact that they probably are no longer capable of leading an army?

White One is still scary. Verily so. Generally, I really like the White Council, because it totally works as an antagonist organisation.

I think White One will become a lot scarier before everything is over.

Voltex is definitely one of the stronger characters mentally I guess. But you could say the same thing about Xaeraz too. It depends on how you look at it - do you admire someone who has been tortured to insanity for their strength in surviving, or do you acknowledge the fact that they probably are no longer capable of leading an army?

I know that I wouldn't (or don't) follow you because I think you're insane (and deceitful) despite being mentally strong (or clever). ;)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I know that I wouldn't (or don't) follow you because I think you're insane (and deceitful) despite being mentally strong (or clever). ;)

I find the assertion that either Voltex or I is worth following more amusing than anything else.

That having been said, I'd say surviving torture's impressive, if not explicitly admirable, but that's a minor quibble.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Celebrating my sixth anniversary on BZPower, I bring you: FROM THE FILES OF VOLTEX!

This begins a small little "mini series" that I will be updating within the epic, giving us more-indepth looks into certain characters and what they've been doing. You'll be getting another of these on Friday. :)

• Upvote 1

64's proving to be one of the most interesting ones so far, given the dubiousness nature of her alliances. And by dubious, I mean I have no idea who she's working for.

But, I knew having a secondary nervous system would be handy. I keep it in my hindbrain. Or, should I say, my SPINEDBRAIN

i'm not sorry.

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

[...]

I think White One will become a lot scarier before everything is over.

I'm really looking forward to that. :)

I am as well. :evilgrin:

Your character follows Voltex JSYK

so HA

I find the assertion that either Voltex or I is worth following more amusing than anything else.

That having been said, I'd say surviving torture's impressive, if not explicitly admirable, but that's a minor quibble.

Yeah, impressive is probably closer to what I was originally thinking.

64's proving to be one of the most interesting ones so far, given the dubiousness nature of her alliances. And by dubious, I mean I have no idea who she's working for.

But, I knew having a secondary nervous system would be handy. I keep it in my hindbrain. Or, should I say, my SPINEDBRAIN

i'm not sorry.

Agent 64 still remains one of my favorite characters. She's one of the best fighters in the series, but she's also super mysterious. That said, she also gets some nice character development in Extermination as well.

Well, well. There truly is a war going on. The latest chapter/interlude definitely made that clear.

The "Files" series will probably give you all a better idea of what the war has been like than the main epic; while there are battles and skirmishes in the epic, Extermination is mainly dealing with the very end of the war. The "Files" series, meanwhile, details the thoughts of certain characters both before and during the war.

I find first person writing is wonderful to read and/or write, now and again. It gives better understanding of a characters thoughts and feelings.

That is one thing that is making the Files a fun side-project for me; it allows me to dig a little deeper into the characters. With Voltex it's probably not much that we haven't already seen, but with others I think you'll gain some valuable insight.

By confirming that Chro follows Voltex you've given me more insight into the story than you probably intended JSYK Actually, not much

So HA

I really hope that Files actually reveals someone's guilt at some point, it's always interesting to have a plot twist that the somewhat unreliable narrator doesn't tell you til later (along the lines of "this happened, and Chro died, and by the way I'm the one that killed him" albeit not so compact)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I really hope that Files actually reveals someone's guilt at some point, it's always interesting to have a plot twist that the somewhat unreliable narrator doesn't tell you til later (along the lines of "this happened, and Chro died, and by the way I'm the one that killed him" albeit not so compact)

There IS actually at least one that shall include a plot twist of a sort. So you're in luck.

But for now...

---

FROM THE FILES OF BURNMAD - We get Burnmad's perspective on the war as well as some news about what has happened since the rescue that took place during Chapter 1. I hope you all enjoy!

Dr. Negative, Dr. Positive. 

It's nice to have the differing perspectives. Voltex is not happy, while Burnmad is looking at things from a more optimistic angle, it seems. 

Yeah I feel like Voltex is always unhappy. I feel kind of like a masochist trying to make him suffer as much as possible but I just can't help myself

I agree with fishers. You need a bit of optimism now and again.

Optimism is good, yes! It makes the horrible bits even more horrible.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

That chapter... Wow... I'm actually kinda speechless, but just, wow. That weapon is deadly. =O

Yes. You might remember that Xaeraz used a prototype of it upon Luroka back in Chapter 4 of Extraction...

I should be like Elijah Wood In that Spy Kids movie. Show up on my shining kikanalo with a flowing cape saying "I shall save you!" then instantly take a sniper shot to the head.

*Resists urge to make it real*

I really enjoyed the new chapter! :) It had a lot of great action and the villain looks to be a challenging one. I can't wait to see how the next chapter plays out.

Also, R.I.P. Burnmad. :(

Burnmad is the first BZP character to die! And he was a narrator, to boot. Nobody is safe.

This new foe is highly interesting...

That is the intention, so that is good!

I should be like Elijah Wood In that Spy Kids movie. Show up on my shining kikanalo with a flowing cape saying "I shall save you!" then instantly take a sniper shot to the head.

*Resists urge to make it real*

I'm pretty sure my friend the RNG will make it so.

*Spins RNG*

Yep I like that chapter a whole lot.

A whole, whole lot.

And I am still kinda in shock that you killed Burn. Man.

I did consider Ehks instead, until I realized that killing Ehks would be a massive pain in the butt to make sense of, since he died in Book 2

So it was Burnmad that died just as I had originally planned

• Upvote 1

Oh, wow... just wow...

RIP Burnmad

The Shadow is very interesting, though he reminds me of something but I can't put a finger on it.

I've done my best to make the Shadow interesting... as for reminding you of someone, who knows?

... I'm lost for words, apart from "Ow. Oh dear." which reading this chapter made me exclaim aloud. And that weapon is super scary. D:

R.I.P. Burn. Nobody is safe indeed.

The Shadow is the greatest threat that the cast has faced, and is the one character that Voltex will never be able to defeat, no matter what.

"The Shadow" is a disappointingly generic name, but you probably have your reasons

It's almost like I'm concealing the Shadow's identity from you all! :o

"The Shadow" is a disappointingly generic name, but you probably have your reasons

But you could still have gone with a more unique pseudonym :P

but their spirits

But you could still have gone with a more unique pseudonym :P

Nah. The more generic it is, the harder it becomes for you to guess their identity. ;)

Interesting...

Off the top of my head, but this "Shadow" is the 1st shadow, right?

It is not, no. Fighty is the only member that did not sign up who has a prominent character within this epic.

The Shadow is someone else.