Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

actually its parcours... le parcours. if you're gonna commit to the french, at least. in english it's parkour. so you had the 'le' part then finished in english anyway.

JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM

anyway bungie had a lot of good easter eggs in the last couple halos. that one room in halo reach, that was like dedicated to all the fans. the campaign in general in that game was very well done. if only the gameplay didn't suck...

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Oh, and the reason the filter hates 'mod' is because there was (or is, iunno, maybe it died out, never went to look) a BIONICLE fansite called Mask of Destiny, or 'MoD' for short.

It was part of the old advertisement policy, like how YouTube was filtered.

and wait what bio-skyrim? Sounds pretty cool.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I don't do much in the way of mods. Feed the Beast on Minecraft, and I'll try out BIONICLE Skyrim. I have my own custom modset for Brawl, but every physic is identical to normal Brawl. I have texture, small model, and sound edits. That's really it. Some custom taunts. Most were just downloaded, 'cept for music because it's easy enough to make, but I'm competent enough to make just about everything I had downloaded. I made a texture/model hack for Marth to make him look like Wander from SotC, which I may upload to the Brawl Vault soon.

mods.

And how.

I hear folks in Russia are working on a total conversion of Skyrim into Bionicle. Link coming soon.

Ahh, yes, my people. I'm Russian - behold the brief translation.

Work is slow.

Thank you.

I actually remember this from a while ago, when they only had one Toa created. It's nice to see progress.

Also: I don't know about hijacking Pelicans on Reclaimer, but I know you can do it on several of the Spartan Ops missions, as well as Infinity - just look it up on the Youtubes.

Easter eggs: Um. All the Halos. Can't choose.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Playing Twilight Princess. I don't play games for graphics, but I still think they shouldn't have tried to do realistic graphics. Even though they were awesome for the GameCube, they just look awful in comparison to the newer consoles. That's what I don't like about realistic graphics in general, what may seem awe-inspiring this gen will look like crude caricatures of real life next gen. Comparing it to Wind Waker, whose styilized and colorful art style much more. It still looks great today, and probably will for quite some time. Or what about the Skyward Sword style? It seems like a good balance between the realistic and cartoony graphics and also looks great.

Also, Hyrule Field is horrible and I don't like hub worlds that are huge but have nothing in them, save for the occasional enemy. They are horrible and can die in a fire.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Playing Twilight Princess. I don't play games for graphics, but I still think they shouldn't have tried to do realistic graphics. Even though they were awesome for the GameCube, they just look awful in comparison to the newer consoles. That's what I don't like about realistic graphics in general, what may seem awe-inspiring this gen will look like crude caricatures of real life next gen. Comparing it to Wind Waker, whose styilized and colorful art style much more. It still looks great today, and probably will for quite some time. Or what about the Skyward Sword style? It seems like a good balance between the realistic and cartoony graphics and also looks great.

Also, Hyrule Field is horrible and I don't like hub worlds that are huge but have nothing in them, save for the occasional enemy. They are horrible and can die in a fire.

I actually REALLY want realistic graphics for Zelda HD, just because that E3 2011 demo was fantastic looking. I don't even know why they chose Wind Waker for an HD remake. The graphics looked great because the game doesn't age, and the new lighting engine in TWWHD is kinda ugly IMO.

I see what you mean about game's graphics aging far more when they tried to be realistic, but I still can look at TP and it looks okay to me. I'll agree that Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were more interesting to look at. I find it ironic that both those games seemed darker than TP to me, and their graphics were so bright and colorful. But the realism has a certain nice look to it that I just don't find in any other Zelda games.

Hryule Field was pretty bad in Twilight Princess, as was the entire game until the Water Temple. It probably has the worst introduction of any good game I have ever played, by just dragging it out so horribly and for as long as they possibly can. I dunno if you've already played through the game or not, but if you haven't, just stick with it, and it will get better.

Well, SpaceWorld 2000 had a realistic Zelda demo for the GameCube, and instead, we got Wind Waker. Also, I don't like Wind Waker HD's lighting much.

The character models look fine, but the textures for the walls an whatnot look awful. Also, when they zoom into certain objects during cutscenes, they look even uglier. I still say Skyward Sword's art style is the best, though maybe they could do something with sharp, defined lines like a manga. I read someone suggest that on the internet a while ago, though such a style would probably alienate as many fans as Wind Waker did. =P

I'm at the Goron Mines. The game isn't terrible, but it didn't take NEARLY as long to get to the second dungeon in Ocarina of Time. They really went overboard with the content... What was the point of the King Bulbin fight again?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Yeah. Don't go comparing TP to OoT, or you will be disappointed. You have to get through the mines, then SPOILERS! You have to do MORE collecting of the stupid tears. Yeah. Because it wasn't tedious enough the first two times. After that, you have the Water Temple, which I liked a lot, but then again, I thought OoT's Water Temple was it's second best dungeon. The game is pretty solid and fun from that point onwards.

Well, Hyrule Warriors looks kinda somewhere between TP and SS- and in 1080p, that should be something to look at. Of course, that's probably going to be nothing like a normal Zelda game.

And I also just found out how awful N64 graphics are yesterday, plugged it into my HDTV to play some Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and man are those pixels huge. I honestly feel like I'm playing a SNES because of the N64's graphics.

And I also just found out how awful N64 graphics are yesterday, plugged it into my HDTV to play some Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and man are those pixels huge. I honestly feel like I'm playing a SNES because of the N64's graphics.

SNES would actually be better; it ran at a higher resolution than most N64 games. I'd just be concerned with the lag. 240i stretched to 1080p... *shudders* I'd think anyone could sense that much lag.

Plugging in most pre-PS2 systems to an HD screen is going to make them look terrible.

Even some PS2 games look awful, especially when compared to HD ports that essentially look the same on an SD screen. I doubt I'll ever play my PS2 copies of any of the Kingdom Hearts games ever again.

But, I just wasn't expecting the N64's resolution to be... This low. Mainly because it looks fine on an SD screen (yes, I'm still getting myself acclimated with this fancy new HD tech that's about 10 years old now).

Also, got a $20 eShop card for Christmas... Considering getting the rest of the Shin Megami Tensei IV DLC, or maybe browsing for some new things to try...

Anyone know if the 3DS port of the Bit.Trip games is any good?

PS2 games shock me with how ugly they are, especially when compared to some GCN games. As much as I loved SotC, I thought the graphics were awful on PS2 (and the framerate, but that was so bad it's hard to still call it bad).

Remember, N64 is 240i. That's HALF of YouTube's 240p resolution, which is so bad that it's earned the nickname "potato".

If you have a Wii U, use the eShop card on NES Remix. I was pleasantly surprised by that game. Otherwise, do you have Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus Uprising? Get those on 3DS if you don't. That's my recommendation.

Plugging in most pre-PS2 systems to an HD screen is going to make them look terrible.

Also, other than Halo, Gears of War, and CoD, what're some worthwhile 360 games? I've got my eye on TW2, Fable, and the Mass Effect series.

Is there a 360 port of LA Noire? Get that. Game is fantastic.

how many copies did that game sell? cause i can think of that many - 1 people who disagree with you

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Also, other than Halo, Gears of War, and CoD, what're some worthwhile 360 games? I've got my eye on TW2, Fable, and the Mass Effect series.

Is there a 360 port of LA Noire? Get that. Game is fantastic.

how many copies did that game sell? cause i can think of that many - 1 people who disagree with you

Reword that? I'm tired and a bit confused by what you are trying to say. The game sold poorly, but the meaning of your second sentence flies above my head. LA Noire is a very unique game. The gameplay isn't all that action-based, but the storyline was well constructed, and the gameplay it did offer was... interesting... to say the least. It was one of the most realistic simulation games I've ever seen, with the way you collected evidence and had to catch lies.

Perhaps I should reword what I said. I thought the game was fantastic, but if you only want quick action, iHodor, then maybe pass it up. But you should at least consider it first!

Less of a joke and more of a jab really.

L.A. Noir was an ok game, though I always had the problem that I had to force myself to keep going. The mechanics were interesting, but the story that kept it going wasn't quite up to par and without a driving force the game sorta limps.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I just got me a PS3 Slim 120GB! Anyone want to add me on PSN? I'm GhotiH.

Look for one Gatekeeper42, or maybe I'll just hunt you down on the network. What games you got?

The Last of Us, Uncharted 1, 2, and 3, Singularity, and Metro: Last Light. I intend to get The Sly Collection, Sly 4, Infamous, a God of War game, Playstation Smash Bros. All Star, and, if I can't get the PS2 ICO for a good price, the ICO and SotC HD collection.

GTA and Battlefield, though both are on multiple consoles. Assassin's Creed.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?