Marvel, Rebirth:

IC (Alecto)

"You got yourself a deal Sno-" Another voice. Alecto flashed back to the night he'd met Damian, briefly, remembering the vampire that'd been around for the X-Men's impromptu meeting at Wild Wings. He'd gotten some good heckling in that night. Did some of his best work at that hotel. Good times. Now it seemed one of them, the one with a fondness from spraying blood about, had just shown up at his front door.

What. Were. The. Odds.

What's more, she seemed to know Snow. Was Snow with em? He normally had a nose for this sorta thing. Without a word, Alecto uncapped the vodka bottle and poured some of it directly into his mouth. Like was he going to bother with shot glasses right now. Best to handle it with as much overkill as possible. 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"###### you, ###### you, ###### you, ###### him, ###### everything else I can see, I know ###### you I hate you so ###### much, I know you think I'm crazy, cause I know your a ###### ***." John muttered along to the song as he sliced popped a metal claw, cut a hole in the top of a PBR can and began to drink from it.

IC: Ashley 

Ashley hid under the bed sheets. 

"Yeah...maybe..." She squirmed under the sheets. "No..." Her emotions were still out of wack, and the effects from the tranquilizer were still making her feel woozy. 

"Is Dallas okay?"

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well, this is something!"

Lacey bobbed around in the kitchenette cheerfully, pulling some pancake batter out of Ric's cupboard and pulling a mixing bowl and spoon out of somewhere much more mysterious. As she laid out materials, slowly, a mischievous grin slanted along her face and she faked a yawn.

"Think I'm gonna step into the shower," she asked, exaggerating another yawn and trying to use one of Alaric's whisks on her bangs to mimic sex hair. "You're gonna be here when I get out, ain'tcha?"

She wagged a chopstick at Rom's head severely.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Legionnaire Li)

"Yes m'am. My command and I saw most of it. It was discovered that Ms. Binder had sexually assaulted-severely-Mr.Green at one point or several points in the past. When this was uncovered one of the other students reacted with extreme negativity to this discovery and began to attack Ms. Binder. Said student had, until that point, been attempting to contain the breakdown of another student who...from what I gather, had transformed into a wolf and was about to attack other members of the student body. Ms. Binder had been attempting to assist her. The other student turned on her after her crime was made known." Li spoke in a low tone, as professionally as could be managed in the situation. 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Nicole huffed. "It was once, over a year ago. At the mall, it happened in a bookstore." she said. "Can I really go to jail without any proof? Can't you just... send me away? To the Brotherhood or something? Give me a new start? It was so long ago and I was different, I deserve to be punished, but please don't send me to jail. I can't ever do what I did again those powers are gone."

"What about what Ashley just did? That was attempted murder. She was trying to kill me."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC (Legionnaire Li)

Li suppressed a scowl of disgust with the ease decades of discipline brought one. This girl had forced herself on the poor boy, and now she was expecting to get away with a slap on the wrist?

If the criminal was anymore self centered, Li imagined she'd collapse into a singularity from the sheer *density* of her ego.

IC (Romulus)

Romulus raised an eyebrow at that. "I believe so. I expect Alaric will be arriving shortly...." Of course, he suspected Lacey knew that already.

Edited by Basilisk

IC (DOCTOR THOMAS)

"Yes. Thank you."

Rachel ended her call.

"It is not my job to decide where you will go," she said calmly. "Nor will I decide what happens to Ms Landes. Breaking the law takes you out of my hands and puts you in the hands of our justice system, however flawed it may be. Now, as it's likely that I will be summoned to give evidence should this go to court, I would advise you to remain silent. I will not commit perjury for you, Ms Binder."

IC:

"Hey Jules," John pulled his head-phones out and paused the song. "You might want to wait till Dallas gets up here..."

IC:

Nicole's heart thudded in her chest. There's no way I can survive in Jail... She thought bitterly. Plus orange is so not my color. She'd wanted to die. She'd been so close, but this way Ashley wouldn't have any blood on her hands. Nicole didn't deserve to live with what she'd done to Dallas. She didn't want to live the rest of her life feeling guilty about it either.

It was clear the cops would come, they would investigate and Nicole's life would be over either way. Nicole had seated herself at Rachel's desk. Now her hands flickered into her pocket discreetly. Her polished fingers wrapping around a pink-pocket knife her father had given her. I'm so sorry for everything daddy... I'm sorry for being a bad girl.

Rachel had been on the phone, Li was a few feet away. Now without warning Nicole brought the knife up to her throat quicker then she'd ever moved in her life and pulled it across her flesh, cutting her throat deep. Crimson blood instantly began to pour from the wound, staining her pink top with red as she began to convulse, her blue eyes getting far away.

She knew she wouldn't be missed. It was better that way. It would be quieter this way. She had fond memories of her and Dallas. How he'd rescued her, the time they'd shared brownies on Christmas eve. The time she'd crashed the car just to impress him. She would die happy knowing she had gotten to spend time with him, the boy she'd loved.

"I'm so sorry Dallas... please forgive me... I'll see you soon daddy..." Nicole gurgled and then the blonde girl was still as she gave her last breath.

IC:

"Alright," Christine said. "I'm not here to lecture you honey." Christine said to Ashley. "Just to make sure you're okay."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC (Legionnaire Li)

Li sprang into action immediately. She was not unfamiliar with combat medicine and her instincts, honed from years of deployment, took over. She knew from the amount of blood that this wasn't an air cut-it was right across the jugular. Tricky to treat, let alone stop. You had to control the bleeding, restrict it as much as possible. Li pressed her hands against Ms. Binder's neck, trying to stem the flow of blood. "Hold her down!" She shouted, hoping Dr. Thomas would understand. Letting someone with a slit throat move was a very bad idea, to say the least.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Jesika (Ult.)

####.

####.

####.

You've got to be kidding me.

Why now, of all times?

Why nooooooow?

So close.

Jesika turned ever so slowly, like a marionette suspended on strings that wouldn't budge, tearing her gaze away from Alecto and directing it towards the owner of the voice--which was actually kinda familar--her smirk disappearing momentarily.  Only to be replaced by a smile which was slightly more forced than she would admit.

"Oh, hi, uh... Ash," Jesika said with a wave, pausing to remember the girl's name.  Right, so yeah she had met the other denizen of her universe before, but it'd had been somewhat brief.  "Fancy seeing you, uh, here."

It really was kinda strange that they ran into each other, how many times has someone from an alternate universe run into another from the same alternate universe?

Oh.

Oh gods don't mention we're from an alternate universe.

Alecto doesn't need to hear that.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Ashley just wanted the nightmare to end. Dallas had been....and Nicole....and then I.... She'd never felt so...so....

What was the word?

"A-Angry...that's...what I felt...isn't it?" She could still feel it whenever she though of what Nicole had done...even now. The feeling scared her, it had made her do something she didn't know she was capable of. 

IC: Katherine (Somewhere)

The wire tenses. 

Back muscles tighten and lock.

Slow your breathing.

Exhale.

Relax your hand.

It wouldn’t relax.

The shot went wide.

Again…

Tension.

Tighten.

Slow.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Relax.

Wide again.

The bow was thrown down and Katherine merely looked at her hands. They were still shaking. They were always shaking these days. Why wouldn’t they ever stop shaking.

She reached for her bow.

Again…

Focus on stance.

Straight back.

Feet slightly spread.

Bow held straight out.

Bow arm perpendicular to back.

Reach for arrow.

Holster, shaft parallel to arm.

Draw back, hand next to cheek.

The wire tenses.

The back muscles tighten and lock.

Slow your breathing.

Exhale.

Relax your hand.

Still no relaxation, another wide shot.

The target on the other side of the room still hadn’t been hit once. It was pathetic, shameful, not worthy of Delta Squad.

What was worthy of Delta Squad?

Delta Squad was dead, she needed to turn her focus away from it.

But the images, the memories, the nightmares.

They never left her.

No.

She had to move on…

But…

She wanted to see her subordinates, her teammates, colleagues.

Friends.

Yes, they had been her friends. She had never admitted in her time with them, but they had been her friends, her closest friends. More than that they had been her family. Her family after the death of the guerrillas, her family after the helicopter crash. She had seen so much death, been the cause of so much death, but at the least, she had her family. The family to whom she had never expressed her love.

Now there’ll never be a chance.

That was right, Delta Squad was no more and they were scattered and…

No.

That wasn’t right.

They’re not dead.

Delta Squad was broken up, but it wasn’t dead. Each and every member was alive, and while they may not have been well, they were still alive. She had been with Michael, he had a brother to look after and was probably finding a way to live on. She had seen Sayf in the park, he didn’t look too broken and was probably finding some new modest work. Jayne was probably infuriating engineers somewhere while Rookie was busying himself in some game or anime Michael had suggested.

They were alive.

That’s right, they were alive and probably making something more meaningful out of their lives. They were all strong, so strong and able to pick up the pieces and move on. Find a purpose when none was granted. They were all far stronger than Katherine. Next to them she had been nothing.

I was a fool.

She had always been running after them. They piloted giant robots, she ran on the ground playing with a bow and arrow. Next to the firing power of the mechs it might as well have been a water gun. She had convinced herself that as long as she didn’t miss things would work out. That she could continue on, acting as their field leader even though she didn’t deserve the position.

Fool.

There was no point in never missing if the shots never pierced. A fool running after heroes, trying desperately to be like them. But there was never any point, never any end to be gained because she was not strong. Katherine was weak.

So weak.

She couldn’t help them, she couldn’t fire her bow, she couldn’t even stop shaking.

Excuses.

What?

Being weak is an excuse.

That was, it was…

Right.

She was cowering, hiding in her weakness and her failures. If the others could pick up and move on with their lives so could she. There wasn’t anything holding her back, nothing saying that she couldn’t do it. And if there was, well she would just have to fight against that fate.

Once more.

She picked up the bow.

The wire tenses. 

Back muscles tighten and lock.

Slow your breathing.

Exhale.

Relax your hand.

The shot flew.

Katherine turned around, she didn’t need to look at the result. Wide or straight wasn’t the point. She wasn’t superhuman, she wasn’t a god, Katherine was allowed to miss. That was the first step. They she would shoot again, and again. As many shots as it took until that final bull’s eye. The others were strong and able to pick up the pieces and so could she: Delta Squad’s leader.

The group may have been gone, but they were not dead. She would live on, for their sake if nothing else.

The shaking had slowed.     

• Upvote 1

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: "Why thank you." Siegfried said with an appreciative nod, an indeterminate amount of tension taking a back seat to warm reunions and good feelings.

For once.

Siegfried ran his hand across the side of his head, brushing wayward hair behind his shoulder before continuing. "So, Brando. Tell me, what's been going on in my absence? How have you been?"

IC:

Brando's good cheer visibly faltered as he realized how much Siegfried had missed...about...oh, Christ.

"Maybe we should talk as a team," the sharpshooter said. "Everyone else is upstairs."

As they walked back to the elevator, Barton searched for something good to tell Sieg. It only took a second, but it felt like a second too long.

"You still haven't seen Clint!" he continued, with a look of friendly admonishment as he elbowed the penthouse button in the elevator and put his thumbprint on the resulting scanner. "Nat's wanted you to meet the baby and have dinner for months. Can't put her off with the whole 'god of thunder' thing forever, Sieg, you're gonna have to do me a solid here."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: U! Julia

Julia shrugged and grabbed herself a slice.

"So, aside from Dallas, who else is showing up?"

IC: Julia

Julia had known something was amiss the moment she returned to the Manor. People were on edge, and the staff seemed cold and occupied, as if their minds were elsewhere. From the rumor mill, she had gathered that whatever incident had occurred, it had involved Dallas, Ashley, Nicole, and a few others, and it had been far worse than the usual drama.

There was a knock at the Danger Room door.

"Dallas?"

67tlbk.png

IC:

Quinn continued to carry the massive winged wolf along with Kitty. "She sure is heavy." he sighed. "Where we taking here anyway?" he asked Kitty.

IC:

"We're all capable of every emotion Ashley, Ah'm sorry this happened to you." Christine said, she wanted to tread lightly so she didn't upset the poor girl more. "Ah'm sure Nicole is going to be fine."

Ashley didn't reply, she was glad she hadn't killed Nicole in her rage, however she was still quite upset at what Nicole had done to Dallas. 

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

"We're taking her to a cell, one that's heavily fortified...a rather good place to contain a horse sized wolf."

Edited by Skitty

IC:

"Sure. I'll judge them on their amenities, bathrobes, and comfort of bed." The former Weapon said cheerfully, standing and picking up the multitude of bags they had attained with one hand.

"You sure you can go, though? There might be one or two shops you haven't thoroughly examined yet."

IC:

Dallas' door suffered from a precisely timed burst of three knocks, followed by silence.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"The next Joan Rivers, everybody!" Brooklyn announced sardonically, bumping Bekah with an elbow as they left the food court and walked towards the nearest mall exit. "I think I'll live."

IC:

The silence lasted a long time before Dallas opened the door, hair wet from a recent shower, shirtless, and sullen-looking.

"I...wasn't expecting you," he finally said, looking down. "Should've worn a shirt."

It was the first time in his life he'd said those words in order.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Good. I'd miss you." Rebekah replied, adjusting her grip on the bags to make sure none slipped out of her hand. There was a long few moments of relative quiet, up  until they were almost at the exit, and then...

"... I have no idea who Joan Rivers is, I must admit."

IC:

"You didn't know I was coming, The error is mine for failing to announce my intent earlier." The Ultimate stood in borderline military posture, observing Dallas with an unreadable expression.

"You departed with extreme haste. And treated Kristen more brusquely than normal. Is something amiss?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"We need to watch Spaceballs together."

IC:

"You wouldn't be here if something wasn't," Dallas said...and after a second he tried forcing something that could pass for a half-smile. "Come on in."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Watch what."

IC:

"I suspected." The former Weapon admitted, slipping quietly and easily into the room, never leaving the formal posture she had adopted. "I could have been wrong, however. I am not infallible."

"Thus I would have been here if something wasn't."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Spaceballs!"

IC:

Dallas deliberately started looking through the fridge so Bekah didn't see him smile. He came out a second later with two bottled frappuccinos and handed one to Bekah.

"There are double chocolate muffins in the cupboard if you want some," he went on to say, sitting up on the counter and cracking open his bottle with a loud pop. "Uhh...should I put a shirt on?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"... I don't understand."

IC:

Rebekah broke her posture only to retrieve a muffin from the cupboard, taking a sip of the frappucino and returning to her previous position. She had elected to stand at a point close enough to Dallas so as to converse easily, but granted easy view of the surrounding dorm. After a moment's silence, she decided to answer the question.

"I think Ms. Relo would prefer so. Ultimately, however, this is your abode and you may do as you wish. I am here as a guest."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Remember Star Wars?"

IC:

Dallas didn't move, except to sip from his coffee.

"I'm fine, Bekah," he finally said.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME