Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Kristen slowly slid off the bike, not sure if she was dismounting correctly. While Julia busied herself with a reply to someone, probably John, Kristen took the chance to quickly look out at the park. It was old with trees everywhere (duh), some of which had trunks that appeared twice as thick as her.

The park had two distinct trails for those who enjoyed walks in the park. They just so happened to start on the right, or the left.

"Hey Julia, right or left?" She asked, turning back to her fellow ultimate.

IC: U! Julia

Julia looked at Kristen, her face reddening slightly. She thought about what Dallas had said, not because she particularly valued his opinion, she realized, but because she genuinely did care for Kristen's well-being.

"Um, that's a...nice offer," she said. "but..."

She took a deep breath and considered her next words carefully.

"It's just that...I don't know if I'd be the best roommate for you."

67tlbk.png

IC:

really? thats interesting. i'm pinned behind a CAR. bekah and i have ten seconds to live. hope you get lucky!! 

Dallas thoughtfully tapped his head against the side view mirror of the driver's side, then again, then again...

...again...

...again...

...and stood up, whirling, to break the mirror off and throw it at a cop's head. From the hail of bullets that he had to duck down and huddle away from, he thought it might have hit the bullseye!

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Why thank you." Siegfried said with an appreciative nod, an indeterminate amount of tension taking a back seat to warm reunions and good feelings.

For once.

Siegfried ran his hand across the side of his head, brushing wayward hair behind his shoulder before continuing. "So, Brando. Tell me, what's been going on in my absence? How have you been?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Ashley (Ult.)

Something strange started to happen, the earth below the cops firing round after round at Rebekah and Dallas began to shiver and quake. A massive monstrosity of a vine, with the width of a full grown cedar erupted from the ground, giving the cops something much more imposing to shoot at. 

Then Dallas got a text. Run you idiots.

IC: Tasha - Stark Tower -

"I'm sorry...yes...yes I'd like to reschedule the meeting with your company...I'm sorry Mr. Bu-yes something more important has come up! No I can't talk about it! Gah you know what!" Click. 

"I didn't want to buy a company that sells nothing but talking santa hats anyway." Tasha grumbled, before shutting her phone off. It seemed taking time off from being a CEO was nearly impossible. But she had more important things to worry about, like stopping HYDRA, avenging her brother, figuring out how to actually be an Avenger. You know, the small stuff. 

She still felt like the stranger in the group, sure she had a fancy tower and a billion dollar company, but she hadn't really done anything but inherit that, kind of like her mother's looks and certain skills. 

Jarvis alerted her to the arrival of Siegfried, it would probably be polite to greet him...on the other hand she didn't know what to say without feeling awkward. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well, Bekah, since we seem to have been given an opportunity to run on a golden plate here, I just want to say that I feel like this experience has gotten me a lot closer to you. I want you to know that I genuinely appreciate everything you've put yourself through or up against for us, that you're my very best friend, and that we should--"

"--shut up and run," Bekah interrupted.

"Well, eventually," Dallas managed to squeak out before Rebekah grabbed him by the collar and started to drag him in her wake.

Meanwhile, across the street, someone opened an entire bag of candles.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Remus)

Remus turned her heads towards the burning candles, more out of canine reflex then anything else.

Then the scent hit her.

She knew that smell. She'd practically lived and breathed that smell since the day air fresheners had been invented. Pine fresh. Remus glanced at the two mutants, both of whom were making their escape and were well on their way to safety. She could check up on them later-and she would, by all the gods she did not believe in, she would-but for now, more pressing matters called. Dominik Lord, for example. Her opinion of the man had done nothing but go up for ever since the this little...incident had began. And now it seemed to be well on it's way to breaking a record high.

Without further hesitation, she broke into a full on sprint, heading towards someone who had just done quite a bit to earn her loyalty.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: And cue the cavalry. An old, battered four door Nissan Panamera roared past the police line, the modifications on the engine sticking through a hole that looked like it had been made by a giant metal fist. Bullets started to ding off the metal of the car, but it really didn't make that much difference to the overall appearance of the vehicle.

Dallas' phone dinged. Cavalry is here.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

--in all possible ways, know the feds is buggin' my life

Hospital dazed, reflectin' when my man laid up

On the uptown high block he got his sprayed up

I saw his life slippin', this is a minor setback

Yo, still we livin', just dream about the get-back

That made him smile though his eyes said pray--

Using the slowly burgeoning web of Brotherhood contacts, Dominik Lord had put out a quiet call for someone to foot him the usage of their Nissan Maxima over the course of the afternoon, no questions in exchange for no damages. Slipping into Westchester unannounced and a hat covering his distinct honey-gold hair, he'd parked the four-door sedan in an alleyway behind a laundromat and across the street from the Dunkin Donuts and started quietly bumping the stereo system. 

He himself was only half-listening; he'd put one earphone on a burner iPhone under Shiloh's borrowed toque, listening to the police scanner app and darting glances down the alley from time to time. When he heard the vine stretching up through the pavement (not planned but day-o in his book) he had hastily pulled the bag of candles and air fresheners out of the passengers seat and chucked it down the alleyway, no receipt.

Sure enough, the wolf had come bounding up within the minute.

"There you are," Dominik sighed, pulling off the toque and ruffling his long blonde hair with a relieved smile. "Way they were shooting, you'd think there were twenty brothers tryin' to jet."

IC:

​Dallas was summarily dragged into the backseat of his girlfriend's car (embarrassing) by his best friend (moreso) but he put a damper on his wounded dignity long enough to close the door, lock it, and duck down under the window.

"Tali, remind me to tell you," he started, sitting up to try and kiss Tali's cheek before a bullet dinged against the C-pillar, "that you're godsend. I mean it, you'll have to remind me, 'cause otherwise--" ding! "--I'll never tell ya."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Remus)

Disturbing as the expression was on a wolf, Remus actually looked pleased to see Dominik. She looked nearly as pleased to see a collection of fresh clothing on the passenger seat of the....Maxima. She thought that was the term. 

Ah. Maximoff. Maxima. 

Har-har. If she wasn't careful she'd grow a sense of humor. Couldn't have that. With one leap, Remus placed herself in the passenger seat and...with the ease of one who had had to do this sort of thing far far too much in their not-inconsiderable lifetime, she transitioned from wolf to fully clothed human. "That." She said in a clipped tone, as she stepped out of the vehicle. "Was one of the most singularly embarrassing incidents of my life. At least if one is gunned down in an ambush there is some dignity to it." Her face had little expression as she walked up to Lord, one could almost called it stone-faced.

Thus the hug came as a complete surprise. Her facial expression did not change and were it not for the fact her arms were undoubtedly wrapped around Dominik, one would be hard-pressed to say she was expressing any sort of affection or gratitude. It lasted for five seconds, down to the dot.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: If there was one thing James Foxglove hated, it was redneck vampires. He swore, firing two bullets behind him wildly as he ran.

"Too slow, old timer!" The guy chasing him screamed, his fangs nearly biting his tongue as he ran. Newbie. "I'll teach you to interrupt me" He was cut off by another bullet.

Kill me now. James thought, eyes scanning the environment ahead- Ah, there we go. He picked up speed, jumping down 3 metres from a roof, onto a fire escape at the top of an apartment building- and spun, bracing his spear on the ground and waiting for the inevitable- Jump. And the spear was aimed up, right at the other vampire as he jumped off- and it struck him through the abdomen, the other immortal unable to change his path midair. The wooden shaft finished the job.

The fire escape shook, and James got ready to jump again if someone came out of the door.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: U! Julia

It only took a few minutes to get to the park. When they arrived, Julia parked the bike and stretched. Her phone went off--it was John...something about a surprise. She tapped out a reply.

It'll probably be a while before I'm back...what kind of "surprise" are we talking about exactly?

IC:

That's fine. If I told you what kind of surprise it is then it wouldn't be a surprise... don't worry its the good kind though.  He quickly texted Julia as he walked out of the corner store parking lot with three six packs of beer, all different kinds, one PBR, one Budweiser Platinum and the third was Guiness. The fake ID he'd found in the old John's wallet had sure come in handy. Johnathan opened up the compartment on the back of the bike before piling the assortment of brews before climbing on.

He then quickly sent another text. Oh and Dallas had me order pizza and go fetch some beer. Not sure if you and Kristen will be saved a slice but I'd say its safe to show up. He grinned and took off down the road. I'll be ****ed before I let Kristen get a slice, taking 100 dollars from me.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

Ic:

please. if i ever get "lucky", it must be the end of the world.

"I think he'll be fine. He has Rebekah with him. As well as a wolf. And Tali isn't far off. And considering how we ultimates always seem to be getting dragged back together, Ashley isn't far off either," Kristen said, putting her phone back where it belonged.

"It's just a few cops. We've handled a alien invasion, I think they'll be fine."

IC:

Oh. Yeah.

Dominik was just glad she was hugging him with clothes on. Remus was like a young, striking aunt, and after what the stunt Aunt Viola pulled on Pop...well, the Lord clan didn't exactly have the best luck with young, striking aunts.

"Don't take it harsh. Momma never trusted donuts, either. Called 'em the devil's biscuit - yeah, there's some grains to 'em, but mostly they're just gonna rot your teeth out and make sure you can't say no prayers to the good Lord."

IC:

gunshots bang bang too slow old timer i'll teach you to--

GURK

death noises

"What part of town do you live in?" she asked Alecto skeptically. 

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The Yamaha pulled into the garage and Johnathan disembarked before piling his beer into his arms. As he made his way up to the front door a green Honda pulled up and a pizza guy got out.

"You John?" he asked, reading the name off the order.

"Yeah," John said and was barely able to grasp the bills he owed the driver before handing them to him and accepting the pizzas which he piled the beer onto.

"This is that mutant school right? With the X-Men?" the driver asked.

"Yeah, except the X-Men are dead." Johnathan said before he turned away and began walking up the steps before heading into the school. He then headed for the staircase, remembering an empty room that the X-Men had used to use for such small parties.

IC (Remus)

"She sounds like a wise woman." The eternal revolutionaries voice was completely somber, even solemn. She spared a glance to the vine currently menacing the police, wondering, idly when they would realize bullets were not an effective deterrent to plant life. "Perhaps we should be away." Almost as an after thought, she waved at the burning bag of air fresheners. "Clever tactic, incidentally." 

IC (Alecto)

"Well, it used to be a nice neighborhood. But then the fangbangers moved in and...well....Poof!" Alecto clamped one of his hands shut and then opened it wide for effect. "Went the property values. You know how that goes." Going from the widening smirk and the fact the light in his eyes almost seemed to be dancing, it was easy to determine exactly how seriously Alecto should be taken. The bat-bewinged mutant finally surrendered to inevitable and sat up, wings flexing behind him. "Today has been rather eventful however."

IC:

"That reminds me." Dominik shrugged out of his topmost layer of clothes,  and ran his hands along his bare forearms to stave off prickles on his skin. He walked over to the burning bag and smothered the flames with the navy jacket. "We should probably take these. Last thing I need is Commissioner Buckwheat finding them and deciding he needs me as the cherry on top of one of his quotas."

He opened and closed the trunk in two quick movements - one smooth push of the hatch, and then a quick flick of his wrist downwards when the crumpled pile of fabric and candles was nestled in the trunk. He went around and slipped into the driver's side door, closing it and locking after Remus got in. Precautions.

"Shiloh wanted to come, but I figured the situation was hot enough. Didn't want any...well, you know." Dom cupped one hand over the top of his slim mouth and mimicked (with uncanny procession) two whoops of a police siren. "Ma'am, is everything alright? Has this man been harassing you? Any valuables gone?"

Even before Abraham, cops hadn't liked Dom.

IC:

"Huh."

Jenna reached casually for one of Alecto's lamps and broke off everything half an inch below the shade and up. The rest she judged with a keen eye.

"I miss whittling," she sighed, "but it'll do. Back in a minute. Leon, you want to come?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Her name was Nicole Binder. She was the daughter of the previous President of the United States of America. She was the daughter of Emma Frost. And she was not happy. She stormed down the hallway where Sierra was being held by Ashley's vines, brushing past Quinn as her body melted into pure diamond.

She then walked straight up to the furry-transformed-monster Sierra put out her hand and slapped the beast hard across the face.

"Shut the **** up!" Nicole shouted now. "People are like trying to learn! Can't you keep it down for one day??"

IC:

Quin sort of dodged any vines he saw, ducking them after he saw that blonde girl slap the beast, and then heard what some other guy said further down the hallway. Once away from them he walked up to Dallas.

"Hey man, I'm new here. Whose that blonde chick?" he said before turning to glance back at Nicole.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC (Remus)

Har-har. She really did have to be careful. She had avoided developing a sense of humor for most of human history, but evidently Lord was determined to defy centuries worth of tradition....and coming closer to victory then he had any right too. "Ah. That reminds me. The agent I was tracking? He somehow eluded me. They're getting better. By the end of the year I might have to rate their efforts as semi-competent. I presume you remain insistent on your policy regarding their kneecaps?" 

IC (Alecto/Leon)

Alecto raised his eyebrow as his property (and least favorite lamp) was defaced. He gestured at Jenna in annoyance and turned to the other mutant in the room. "See? They just total the property values." The smirk was still plastered across his face of course. He turned to Jenna. "You're paying for that by the way. Cash only. I don't accept credit, checks or the dismembered body parts of your enemies. I'll be expecting an extra two hundred for emotional trauma and mental anguish." 

Leon raised his eyebrows and gave Alecto what was, quite possibly, the most skeptical look in existence. The batman didn't know the half of it. Not by a long shot. In response to Jenna's question, he nodded. "Uh. Sure. You're...not going to make them bite the curb again right? That's....hard to watch." The fact she'd lectured him on the proper technique had only made it worse. That all of her five lectures on the subject had been accompanied by a demonstration had likewise failed to help. 

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Dallas, good to meet ya," he introduced himself, still not sure whether to cower back from Nicole. "Well, uhhhh...she's, like, obsessively in love with me. We're talking a little non-consensual sex. Facial swelling. I think she owns a mannequin of me." He pointed a finger at diamond Nicole screaming her lungs out at the hapless wolf. "And that. A lot of that."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME