Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Ashley

"Stop this! This is crazy! You don't have to listen to it! Just stop!" Ashley shouted, quite loudly through the halls. 

Ashley would never attack her friend, it was against the very core of her being to do so. 

She was however, more than fine with defending herself if need be, sounds of creaking and moving were heard through the floor, plants and vegetation that surrounded institute, plants that had been passively exposed to Ashley's power for years, they would heed her call if need be. 

"You really don't want to do this."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Uhhh, 'scusez-moi. Some of us are trying to pretend to study, gals. Maybe keep it to a dull roar a..." Dallas started to grin before he realized a cactus had grown between his calves. "...Riiiiight."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "No." Quincy was talking, but her voice sounded as if it was coming from the landscape, reverberating in the trees, shaky the dream world. This is my mind.

The darkness faltered as purple light started to emanate from Quincy, nothing more than a glow... But when the destruction hit the wave of light, it stopped. The blackness flew back down, trying to crush and smother the light, but the light held it back. The glow solidified into chains, surrounding and binding the King. "This is my mind, you ," Quincy repeated, clenching her fist, the chains tightening. "And if you think that an old shadow of a once-powerful being is going to control me anymore, is going to kill me, you're wrong. Let." Her words shook the world, the shackles ripping at the King's being. "Us. Out." As if at her command, a rip appeared in the dreamscape, a burning car visible outside it. Her face was pale and sweating, but she was holding him back. "G-Go."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Hey, Summers. Your shoe's untied."

"Don't even try that."

"Try what?"

"That thing where you make me look down and then slam my head into the ground to knock me out for whatever--"

Alaric casually reached out and grabbed Zack with middle finger and thumb, exerting pressure on the spots behind both ends of his jawbone. 

"Alright, Tal, I say we honor this woman's heroic request. Get Summers here by the legs and we can all walk out nice and orderly-like at once."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Sure he was new here. Sure he probably shouldn't be snooping around, but when Quinn heard what sounded like shouts of fear coming down the hallway he spun on the balls of his feet before racing down the hallway. This is what he lived for. To help people, to protect people. He wasn't about to pass up that chance, even if it was a bit rude to race away right after asking that woman a question. I'll find her after I find out what's going on... Quinn thought.

He slid down the hallway, coming up to a girl with green hair, and a younger girl with dark hair who looked a bit, strange. "You guys alright? I heard shouting."

IC (Remus)

Remus couldn't stop herself from blinking. This, if she was reading the cues and body language right, was their leader and fine singing voice aside, he hadn't offered much of a plan beyond a title and reducing the donut population of the building by a small amount.

Remus settled for tilting her head. Again.

When one was a wolf and wished to keep their cover, one had limited options.

IC (Alecto)

Alecto shifted uneasily, moving weight from one foot to the other. "So I'd really like to get out of here as soon as possible. Y'know, I worked hard to get my hair looking this good. And the lighting in here is just ######." Plus it he never liked sticking around the room after a ritual. Gave him the creeps and possibly maybe some nightmares. He paused for a moment. Tilting his head. "And you're kinda in front of the door there champ."

IC: Damian

"Uh, okay," Damian nodded. He turned to exit the room, when...

IC: Staff (and Damian)

Whoa.

What am I doing here.

Uh...

What the I am doing here.

By Dormammu's left toe...

WyekbzalegwkBwojwoehaoakoskfnwiahsld.

Blargh.

Okay.

Seeing as this situation isn't going to be resolved any time soon, I'll make myself comfortable.

So yeah. It's me. You know, the narrator?

... Yeah. I've been the guy narrating this dipshit's adventures to whoever the is listening in at the moment for this whole time.

Strange, huh.

One moment, I'm in my own world, the next, I find myself in this "Universe of Marvels" or whatever.

(Insert obligatory cricket noises here).

Okay, okay, that was a joke. (wow, tough crowd) This isn't somebody breaking the fourth wall and going the opposite way than normal, this is just some spirit trying to mess with your mortal heads. K?

So anyways, why am I here? Well, I was doing what beings of my nature usually do in their free time, when I suddenly found myself here.

Stuck.

In.

A.

Staff.

Now, I know there's some differences between human psychology and the psychology of my kind, but I would assume that having yourind ripped from your body and being stuffed into an inanimate object wouldn't be at the top of your list of "fun things that I'd like to try".

TL;DR: I'm currently stuck in the Staff of One. Which I should not be. Which I am very off about.

So I decided to give this dude a piece of my mind.

*mumble* *humming* Ah, there.

Damian suddenly got a mental image of a giant hand giving him the bird in his mind.

"Huh?"

After a few more moments, mental image of a shadowy humanoid figure punching him in the face appeared.

Damian instinctively recoiled, despite knowing that it was in his head.

"Um... Something's trying to communicate with me."

Okay, this sucks. I can only communicate through mental images?! Wow. Just, wow. Hopefully that'll change in the future.

I have no mouth. And the only way I can scream is by punting obscene images into this dude's mind.

Seriously though.

This sucks.

OOC: will write a profile for Mr. Staff later if needed.

IC:

"Follow me," Daken invited with a lazy smile, raising his legs over the back of the couch and vaulting up over it. 

IC:

The wolf growled--

--and Dallas, prostate, watched his blood hit the roof in splashes.

John stood on two legs, was hairy and had bad attitude, but otherwise the similarities ended there. Eight feet tall and burly with muscle and wolfish casts, Dallas had put swung around and put three bullets through his one-time friend. He'd gone for a fourth when he sidestepped John; the wolf had gone for a quick, glancing bite and Dallas had dropped back onto one hand underneath him. John went tumbling to the ground and he fired another three bullets through his back, but by the time he'd checked the gun and reached for the walkie-talkie again John had climbed up the length of the cafe and swiped (almost like deliberate payback) towards Dallas. He'd been quick enough to weave two times more after that. Not even Dallas Green could stay lucky forever, though.

Underneath the tatters that were the lower half of his t-shirt, he could feel air hitting the glancing wound in his stomach. It stung enough that it had forced him to his knees; walking was a ###### and a half, and it had left him wide open. John went in for another bite, but Dallas refused to suffer the rest of his life as John's psychotic manbearpig mate for eternity - when the werewolf charged, Dal reached for his waistband, and when John's jaws came to clamp down on Dallas' shoulder the callow-looking thief closed them for him, courtesy of a seven inch long serrated blade that tore through the bottom of John's muzzle. Roaring in agony, the werewolf reared forward with a paw and knocked Dallas across the roof. Bloody knife in hand, he slid on his wounded stomach across the building's entire length, back feeling as though it had a proverbial ton of bricks rain down on it.

In the old days, he'd used to play that stupid game with John where you took the knife and stabbed at the table with your hand outstretched, where one wrong move meant off with your finger. You had to have keen eyes, quick fingers, and a steady hand, and Dallas had them all in spades - stab stab stab stab. Spin the knife in his hand. Reverse. 

"You ever heard of Montezuma's Revenge?" Dallas asked weakly, trying to get upright on his knees and settling for half-laying down on his elbows and knees. Casually, he fixed his hair with one tattooed wrist. "Well, I've been eating French food for ###### two weeks, Howlett, so I hope you enjoy...Lafayette's Last Ride...the Napoleon Complex...there's a ###### French food disease and I pray you ###### get it!"

Inching forward on his elbows, laughing, dying, Dallas looked up at the advancing wolf and spun the knife in his hand. He didn't bother praying, but it turned out even for a Catholic as wayward as him, there was always a guardian angel to spare somewhere.

His had come silently, but deadly, in the form of a tall young woman with raven hair, hardset eyes, and a hand cannon so ###### ginormous that it nearly took half John's back left leg off. The next two had hit him by the hip and then one, dangerously close, right above the snout. John got the hint, and after a baleful (or mournful?) look at Rebekah the werewolf took a bounding leap and ran off. Bekah didn't even spare it a fourth bullet. She had come, Alec told him later, right for Dallas, tearing off so fast she nearly set the roof on fire.

"Green," he'd been told she had urged him, "Dallas, be alive. Live. Live."

He didn't remember that.

He remembered the full moon had wavered before his eyes, and far off and underneath it a wounded animal had howled. He remembered weakly coughing, and the way his clothes and hair were matted with blood. It was well past midnight in the big city, and Rebekah had carved her way through six blocks in order to reach him. He remembered the frantic pounding of her overworked heart, of Weapon-X protocols designed to turn her into a superhuman, and how when he had cursed and eked out an "owww" he remembered that she'd smiled, and the movement of the muscles in her face knocked loose a drop from her nosebleed and sent it crashing on his cheek.

"Card'll be with Tali any minute, and John's vamoosed, which just leaves Bekah." Dallas huffed angrily at the wolf, trying to force down the memories of weeks of agonizing recovery and hovering on the thin line of life and death, with only Rebekah Fell to keep him lucid. "I can't let her be an idiot. I..."

I have to tell her she's my friend.

"Sorry," Dallas said, almost apologetically, to Air Bud, and with a leap forward that sent a surge of fresh crimson splattering across Card's booth, Dallas jumped through the service exit as the bullets finally carried through the window. Hammers started to slide back again, and even while hot and slick blood trickled down his damaged leg and Dallas tried to find his footing, he found Bekah across the parking lot. Somehow, he knew she'd found him too.

Until the (probably far too close) day he died, Dallas would never know how he reached her first, but he did, and he tackled her down to the ground. They rolled across the parking lot, oofing and cursing, until they landed behind the car Dallas and Card had arrived in. Slowly, as if in a dream, the cops affected by Dallas' powers started to swerve towards them.

"We had a solid gameplan," Rebekah chided him angrily with gritted teeth as she concentrated.

"Yeah, well, I may be a reckless jackass...but I'm not the nerd who named her favorite gun Ice," Dallas said, with Rebekah in his arms and his chin on her shoulder. He snuck a chaste kiss onto her cheek and grinned at the indignant look she shot him. "Thanks for saving me."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

Alecto's fist shot up in the air, though the gesture was weak, as was the grin Alecto sported. "Let's hear it for eldritch rituals. Nothing they can't solve. Looks like the binding worked and you've got a spirit hitch-hiking in your staff." That implied that there hadn't been much the beings he had...called upon...could do to boost the power of the staff. They had simply given it a mind from...somewhere or somewhen else. That was all kinds of interesting. But right now all he could focus on was finding a couch to collapse on and how cute Damian looked in this lighting.

Moreso the first then the second, admittedly, but hey, bonus. 

IC (Remus)

He wouldn't.

He did.

It had been sometime since she had tasted human blood and she found the experience markedly less enjoyable when it came from someone she had not meant harm too. Remus watched the events unfold with interest, taking a few precious seconds to process the scene and what she had seen. She had seen two people attempt to lay down their lives for their comrades. Their brothers in arms. And she had seen those brothers abandon the field entirely. Leaving their so-called friends to their fate. 

She could understand necessity, but that had been far from necessary. She found it quite disgusted her, going against both the instincts of the wolf-the importance of pack-and her own ethics. Sometimes people to die. But abandoning the people who believed in you, who would die for you, in such a manner....there was no other word for it. It was despicable.

With a soft chuff. Remus took off after the noble idiot. Cursing herself for an even greater fool all the while. 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Damian (and Staff)

"You say it like it's a good thing," both entities thought simultaneously.

"... Huh," Damian shrugged at Alecto's remark about not being able to boost the power. "Guess I'll just have to live this guy then."

Assuming that it's male.

The original goal of the ritual had failed, but time would tell if this hitchhiker was a silver lining.

"... K, I'll be going now. Thanks for everything."

IC (Alecto)

"Yeah. Have fun with it champ." Alecto's smile faltered for a second, but soon returned. "I'll just be here. Laying down. For the rest of the day. If you see Watchbeast tell him to have the newspaper brought up.." He wasn't going to be moving much for the rest of the day. Nothing like a ritual to drain someone of any and all energy. "You know the way out. See ya around." Alecto brushed past Damian and made a beeline for the couch.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Megan

With a single movement to bush a stray lock of silvery hair from her face, Megan practically glided across the floor as she trailed behind Daken. She scarcely glanced at the others arranged loosely around the room, her gaze tilted down in either an attempt to dissuade eye contact or in contemplation. A smile played across her lips as what exactly had just happened started to really sink in.

"So, uh, do you normally invite people from R&D up to take a look at stuff?"

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Oh no, out of time." Sierra said quietly, her only response. She sighed, spread her wings, and pulled them in front of her like a protective curtain. She took a few deep breaths, and simply let the flesh slip off of her body rather than forcing it. When all was done, she folded her wings against her body - her large, furry wolf body.

IC: Ashley 

Frack. Ashley didn't take her eyes off the winged wolf. "Sierra...I know you're in there somewhere...you don't want to hurt me...and I don't want to hurt you so...why don't we just...sit down? Take a breather, maybe have some cake." 

Ashley twitched nervously. If Sierra jumped her she'd be ready.

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Alecto)

He was so tired. 

Alecto stood in front of the couch, considering the day's events. Fed his bats, bandaged up the scratches that always resulted from that. Completed a high-risk ritual for someone he'd literally just met a day or three ago and said person had high-tailed it out of the apartment with some cursory thanks. One for the record books. The word for his current condition, Alecto believed, was drained. Summed just about everything up really. The mercenary's wings drooped, just a fraction, and without further ado he fell face first onto the couch. "Hey. Watchbeast. If you're there, hold all my calls. I'm taking a personal day."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: U! Julia

"I think so, yeah," Julia replied.

She remembered running into Kristen and Dallas in Ohio a few months back--despite being there to avoid the latter--and felt a pang of regret. Her smile faltered a bit; she pretended to check the time on her phone so Kristen wouldn't notice.

"So...where do you want to go?"

67tlbk.png

IC:

"No, we don't tend to bring it consultants, even in-house," Daken said, favoring the lab tech with a smile. "You're special."

They had reached Daken's trophy room, a moderately sized room full of glass display cases, perfectly kept to museum quality. Two Adamantium katana were placed to their immediate right, one placed above the other and flipped around vertically. Beyond it a ways, and to the left, was a small gauntlet and bracer combo, shaped similarly to a repulsor but with room for Daken's claws. The mercenary had Pietro Maximoff's helmet on a rack, like a common hat. Several of the glass cases were still empty, waiting for Daken to travel the world and come back with artifacts or weapons.

And at the end of the room, still painted an illustrious red, white, and blue, was Noel Rogers' Iron Man suit.

"Welcome to Candy Land," he said with a lazy smile.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Even as Tali started to move closer to Zack, the chains started to darken. "GO!" Quincy's panicked voice rang out, the shadows starting to creep through their glowing confinement. Tali picked Zack up telekinetically and hurled him through the portal, running toward it herself as she threw Alaric too. The portal closed behind her as she jumped out, falling on the ground.

Quincy looked up at the bound orb of shadow above her, shivering in the sudden cold.

And then a spike of solid dark energy ripped out of the chains, downward, downward... And stabbed Madysyn Quincy through her heart. The mindscape... Went dark.

IC: ???

A flash of purple energy was visible on the horizon, and the runner changed direction toward it. Whatever it was... might be worth something to the right person. As she got closer, she saw...

"Alaric Carlisle?" She asked in disbelief, laughing. "And Tali Relo? I never thought I'd see you two out here."

Tali sighed, picking herself up off the ground with a wince. "Coe... I thought you were dead."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"where is my car holy ######"

Alaric couldn't name a more unpleasant return trip from a heII dimension if he'd tried. His phone said it was three days later than it really felt like (he'd only been there for an hour or so!) and was struggling for a signal, his jacket was coated in the muck of Quincy's mind, and someone had parked his car in a field! A field!

Like some common crop!

"Tali, Coe, you two are built like brick houses," Ric said, struggling not to show his frustration. "Help me push my car out of the field?"

Coe smirked, holding up one hand and looking at her nails. "Ric, you know it's rude to ask a woman to push your car out of a ditch on a date. You're losing your touch. I'm surprised Tali is still with you."

Tall blushed but nodded, not looking at Coe. "I... I can help."

"Thank you, Tali. Collette, I see you're still an unhelpful bottom feeder. Gotten out of high school yet?"

The two got underneath the rear bumper of the Ferrari and, over the course of twelve minutes, pushed it (and, in Ric's case, made jokes under his breath to try and ease Tali into the land of the living) back onto the side of the road where he'd left it an hour...and...three days ago...when he parked. Next up: signal!

Ric sat up on the trunk, shrugged his jacket off, and reached one arm up to the sky with his phone outstretched. A small trickle of blood from weaving through the forest in Quincy's head rolled down his tricep and into his sleeve, but he didn't notice, so fervently entranced in looking for--

"Bars!" he yelled excitedly. "I knew my phone had gone to heII with me too many times to break now!" He redialed the last number called - Lacey - and held it to his ear. 

-Tyler
Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Suffice to say, Megan's eyes grew wide and her pulpils dilated at the sight of the various "trophies" that adorned the room. But her real interest was in the suit of armor standing at the far end like some statue. Her first thought was immediately that, the armor couldn't possible be real, right? No, it had to be real.

Megan avoided the possibly awkward question of how Oscorp managed to gain possession of a piece of Stark tech, one that was pretty much intact to boot, and stepped forward toward the armor. It was sleeker than what she expected, and a lot more... fragile looking. As if the armor plating were made of nothing more than sheets of plastic.

Absently, she ran a hand over the side of the arm, tracing a seam between parts. Composite, smart, the thoughts flitted to the front.

"Um, wow. Not a fan of the color, but wow."

She turned to Daken, her head tilted to the side.

"What is this?" It was pretty clear she wasn't talking about the armor, "A promotion or what?"

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"One hundred thousand dollars a job, three hundred thousand for an outside contract, cash or gold, in an account that's already been set up for you with a bank you've never heard of in a country you'll never see. Health, dental, room and board, the pleasure of my company." Daken was leaning against the doorway, and inclined his head towards the armor. "And the suit. Consider it leased."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

To say that Alaric's sudden call had provoked a reaction would be something of an understatement.

"And another thing, you CLOWN- HOUDINI! While you VANISHED, I slept in your bed, and--yeahhhh, yeah, I slept in your bed! And let me tell you something, chucklenuts, it was miserable! I went to plop down on it and it was so soft that I fell into--"

"Romulus' arms?"

"YOUUUUUU TAKE THAT BACK"

That had gone on for a good minute before Romulus somehow found himself in possession of the phone. With as much dignity as a man who'd been forced to sleep on the couch by a secretary until her boss turned up could muster, the Imperator cleared his throat. "Alaric. We had began to fear the worst. Do you need any assistance? I would be more then happy to arrange it." 

"Hey, buddy. Actually, uh...this is gonna sound ominous...we need a lawyer."

Any doubt that it was Alaric faded at that moment. "Who or what did you kill? And why did you do it in public? Alaric, I thought you knew better."
  • Upvote 1

IC (Romulus)

That explained it. "Say no more. I understand completely. I apologize for doubting you."

Edited by Basilisk

"Oh."

The single word wasn't nearly enough to express what she felt like at that myment, but Megan wasn't the best at expressing. At this point her normally racing thoughts were nothing more than a numb trickle of consciousness.

Well, she didn't particularly use her appartment anyway.

"Do I get to change the color?" Was all she could manage to get out.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Yeah, sooo, we're gonna need to get on that this afternoon...and maybe if we could get her security clearances revoked...something might be, strictly speaking...wearing her skin."

"Wearing her skin? I....see." Romulus motioned at one of the legionnaires. "We'll have her clearance revoked right away. I've already doubled the guards on the entrances. How much firepower, in your estimation, will be needed to secure the premises?"

"I dunno, uh...a gajillion gallons of coffee would be nice. Maybe turn visiting the Starbucks downstairs into a required daily thing." Ric laughed awkwardly. "In the interests of my own legal defense, this is not an admission that I threw her headfirst into Freddy Krueger, buuuut..."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Zack

Zack leaned against the car, gingerly rubbing his pelvic bone where it had hit the pavement after Tali had sent them hurtling back into the real world.

"######, Tali," he said. "Next time you do that, a warning would be nice."

IC: U! Julia

"No, Kristen, I'm gonna make you walk a mile after...whatever the ###### happened at Dunkin Donuts."

Julia patted the seat of the bike behind her.

"Hop on."

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC: "Couldn't warn you. He'd take away telekinesis. Sorry, though." Tali sighed, rubbing the back of her head and ruffling her short, spiky hair. "It's... Good to breathe actual air again."

Colette, meanwhile, was looking around, leaning down to Quincy's body and feeling for a pulse. "Deader than a particularly deceased coffin nail. Anybody else in this cluster####?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Well, uh, actually - add one body to that. You know Quincy? We got a loosely certified medical opinion hear saying she's bitten it, too. Where should I dump her? You got a lawyer for this, right?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME