Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Takes one to know one." Rebekah insisted, sneaking an arm around Brooklyn's shoulder to pull her into an embrace even as she kept walking. "You were a dork first. You are the One Dork to rule them all."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"How about both? Then I get a candy bar, and I get to see that look you make when you're trying to pout but really can't fight the hug-induced smile."

IC:

"It isn't really invisible, but it can make it hard to see while it's in the sky."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Yeah, the sky." Tera nodded, slipping her hands out of her pockets. She used them to indicate a rough rectangle, and then crossed them across her chest. "The Helicarrier is a big, flying aircraft carrier. Well, that's what it looks like. It's one of SHIELD's primary headquarters. It's kept in the air by four massive turbines."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Aella 

Tera was speaking, but I was too busy looking up at the sky. Just how high did the sky even go? Could you hit the ceiling? Where was this flying helicarrier house hiding? 

I was so enthralled I didn't realise I was starting to float off the ground with my own power, the air pushing me up about a foot. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"... Aella, you're starting to float." The pacifist reached out and gripped her arm, as if worrying she might float away.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Well. I guess the helicarrier isn't the only thing that can fly." Tera commented, letting go of her arm once Aella was back on solid ground. The remark was accompanied by a slight smile as she slipped her hands back into her pockets.

"Maybe just try not to do it when you're spacing out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Aella

I nodded, looking at Tera. "I bet I could touch the ceiling of the sky." I looked back up, my eyes avoiding the gaze of that big bright yellow light bulb in the sky. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"I'll take that as a yes."

IC:

"There is no ceiling, Aella." Tera began, staring up at the sky herself. "It goes on for miles, and then the sky ends. Far above us, beyond the sky, there's space. We can't breathe there, but we've put a man on the moon. Maybe one day we'll go further. Space? Space is infinite."

"Makes you feel small, doesn't it?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"The moon is the white, round thing you see hanging in the sky at night. It's actually an object, kinda like Earth, except smaller. A mile is an amount of distance. And space... It's like the sky, but it stretches on forever. No air, nothing in it at all, except for planets and stars."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I'd say you know me too well, but you didn't grasp the implication that I could put down three pretzels in the time it takes you to make a French joke."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"There's no such thing as knowing you too well." The former Weapon replied cheerfully, slowing her pace as the nearest pretzel procurement location neared. Squeezing Brooklyn affectionately, a slight grin tugged at her features. "So if you're going to need three, how many should we get? Nine?"

IC:

Tera glanced over to Aella again, remember, rather suddenly, that she did still have a head injury. "... Yeah, we should get you sitting somewhere again. Need some help getting back?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"If you believe you can match me 2 to 1, I fear that I must take that as a slight on the honor of my House and I lobby a counter-challenge. I can match every pretzel you eat with a pretzel of similar or greater size."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Tera extended a hand, getting a grip on Aella's arm to help steady her. "O-kay, how about you don't try to move, and we find you somewhere to sit."

IC:

"Well, that's awfully convenient." The former Weapon said cheerfully, slinging the bags she was carrying over one shoulder and supporting the handles with a finger as she gave her girlfriend a grin. "I'm not a man, and there have been debates over whether or not I'm mortal."

"I possess the ability to truffle with the Brooklyn."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You're asking me if I'm ready? I barely slept last night!" Dallas crowed. "I mean...not out of anticipation or anything...not anticipation for this, at least. Actually...yeah, let's just get the out of here."

IC:

"I am the Brooklyn and IWILLNOTBETRUFFLEDWITH."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You've been getting truffled with every moment of every day for the past year and a half. It's our little game of 'how-far-can-we-push-before-they-glare'."

IC:

"Sure thing, I'll do that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Dear Diary, 

Saved the day again! Here's what happened: I was walking along in my superhero suit, looking for somebody to save, when some guy asked me to help him out. He told me that this mean old lady had stolen his purse. Well, I say it was a purse, he said it was a man bag. It had flowers all over it, and the name "Marge" stitched on the side. I asked him about that but he told me that "Marge" was his nickname and his real name was "Fromarge." He said that it was a really masculine name in Europe, somewhere.

So anyways, I go to get the purse from the lady but she starts hitting me with her stick! She starts screaming all about how I'm a thief, how I'm stealing her purse- what gall! So I used my powers on her and wham, bam, grand slam- she breaks out into a sneezing fit! I snatched the purse and got out of there. She threw her shoe at me and it hit me in the head, but I only got a minor bump from that.

Fromarge seemed pretty pleased- he broke out into laughter and gave me a pat on the back. Told me how thankful he was. He took some money out of the purse, and then told me I could keep the purse as a thank you gift! See, that's why I do what do, Diary. Not for the purses, I mean, but for the people.

I love being a hero.

Post Script Haiku:

An old lady stole a

purse and I saved the day, frogs

are pretty awesome.

-AA, AKA Captain Allergen!

P.P.S

"Man bags," seriously? I have "man bags" too. They're called pockets. Seriously."

Putting the finishing flourishes in his diary entry, Captain Allergen left the bathroom stall where he had been hiding away, and resumed his heroic patrol of the city.

OOC: For those who don't know, fromage is a kind of cheese.

Edited by Ichthys
  • Upvote 1

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life