Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Morrison quickly followed along behind Dallas, ahead of Nicole, slightly confused. Nicole had completely different classes from Dallas and Ashley, had for a while, and now she was just following behind them again, for no reason whatsoever. It brought up obvious memories of things Nicole had done to Dallas in the past, the most recent of which was the kidnapping.

Still, Morrison had no reason to act on any of his suspicions yet. So long as Nicole didn't start stalking Dallas or acting the way she used to, he wouldn't have to, but otherwise...Well, Morrison would have fun with it, at least.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

The most notable thing about history class was that there was no history teacher at the head of the class. Alaric Carlisle, a singular teacher in that he could actually command over 60% attendance, had sacrificed himself died disappeared gone off to Hellfire a year ago, and his father had never found a teacher with equal or greater credentials. So instead, they'd had Ric's old blackboard repurposed into a weekly agenda, with a calendar listing the assigned weekly reading and papers. It would have made Ric's former class miserable...had there been any such thing as a grading system, or a teacher to manage it.

So history class became a sort of 'Dicking Around 111,' and Dallas Green found himself wondering why he'd skipped it in the first place.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Sounds fun, I'll be right down."

Jennifer did not have long to wait. Persephone was small and agile, and moved at speeds powered by her own thoughts, there were few things that could keep pace with her in the skies. Not even an hour had passed before she made a three point landing on the same bay as Jennifer. In her lighter armour, noticeably. The heavier set was too bashed up after the HYDRA raid and counter-attack. 

As she stood up her armour started sliding away, seamlessly slipping through the seams in her pseudodermis, the self-healing polymer sealing itself back up once they'd passed. Out of 'uniform' Persephone was dressed in braced overalls, her normally blemish free skin covered in specks of oil and other mechanical fluids, and she'd somehow managed to muss up her short hair. Clearly she'd just come from tinkering with her poor damaged armour. 

"So, what was your plan for the day?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Ashley

At first Ashley tried to actually read the assignment, when that didn't work she tried making origami crafts with her notebook paper. Ultimately she found herself just looking at Dallas, wondering when class would be over so that they could talk.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Sure you are, dear." The former Weapon commented, barely keeping a hint of laughter out of her voice. Rebekah had set herself up in a seat with a multitude of food containers arrayed around her, one container of pretzel sticks in her hand and the largest soda size she could possible have ordered in the other. After taking a large slurp, she paused to answer again.

"That most certainly is talent."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

“Well I was planning to go get a drink,” Jennifer said as she looked Persephone over. “But seeing as you probably can’t drink human fluids, why don’t we go to a club where we can dance and let off some steam at the same time?”

IC:

Nicole opened her purse and put some things on her desk before she started to paint her nails.

IC:

“You doing okay Jules?” John asked as he put his first empty beer down. “You seem distant; I know you said you’re tired. Just making sure if you’re doing alright, in this universe I mean. You ever miss home?” he took a sip of his second beer.

IC: "Well I don't know about 'human fluids' but I'm partial to a nice wine," Persephone said, giving Jennifer a funny look. She wasn't sure whether she was being patronised, insulted or plain old misunderstood. "I can eat and drink just like you, helps maintain my cover. It just ends up in my tokamak rather than a stomach. Its essentially just like chucking coal in a furnace. Just a bit more complicated. Well actually a lot more complicated but most people don't care for the physics and engineering involved."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

“Like you want to go do something? Show the bad guys whose boss?” John asked as he drained his second beer.

“I feel you, I feel like I’m retired or something. I know there is evil still out there, I’m tired of waiting around.” He said as he pushed off from the bar before tossing the bartender a few bills.

He then pulled out his cellphone and texted Showstopper. Where you at? Out with Kristen I’m guessing?

IC:

Jennifer blushed, “Oh, sorry I didn’t know.” She said. “Do you want to tidy up a bit first before we go?” she asked, wondering what affect alcohol had on the android? Was she an android, Jennifer wasn’t sure but was too polite to ask. 

IC:

"Daken... I have my reasons for being a killer, just as I have them for being here. Trust me. If I didn't, I would have been long gone." Nate smirked. "To be honest, unmuting that game sounds pretty good."

Daken looked over at Nate - mmm, he is fine - and flipped up one corner of his mouth back. Reaching out with his foot and hooking the underside of the coffee table, he scooted back further into the expensive folds of the couch, pulling the snack bowl - and the archer - closer to his reach.

Nate's thoughts stayed guarded, but they were surely the same as Daken's as his eyes glanced up and down the other's body. "Well, you know how to do boys night right."

Daken clicked his tongue against his teeth with false modesty at Nate, holding the archer's stare. Gun bag by the front door. Coffee table in the way. Two of us on the couch. He'd never make it if he wanted to.

He wondered if that had been how Nate intended it.

"I'm quite the party planner - I have to have a few good qualities." His lips twisted, grinning slyly. "I can also cook, clean, and I'm a stellar kisser to boot."

He smiled slightly, some look in his eyes saying that he knew exactly what had just run through Daken's mind.

And yes, it was exactly how he had intended it. Best way to be safe, in a twisted kind of way.

"The apartment's clean, and if you made the dip that's two out of three proven."

"How long is it going to take you for you to start taking me at my word?" Daken asked, eyes staring holes through Nate's sternum before dragging back up to his face. He didn't even attempt to sound innocent; the time for innocence had gone and come and gone again. Nate's smile thinned out, sharpening and revealing just a hint of teeth. Pretty smile. And harder to earn than Asa's. Akihiro rolled his eyes and cupped the back of Nate's head with his fingers, pulling the self-confessed killer into a sudden kiss.

Bedhead.

He had bedhead.

Until his first punk period, Daken had boasted a long, thick mop of black hair - deliberately unstyled, after his father's disaster of a 'do - that fell down past his collar, to the hand-length space between his shoulder blades. After the buzz, one of the noticeable changes was that he would wake up in the morning with his single long, thick strip of hair still as straight and difficult to tousle as it had ever been. This morning, he could feel it falling awkwardly, in a single tuft by the top of his shoulder - bedhead, made all the more surprising that they had actually made it all the way to a bed. He reached up to stroke it thoughtfully - and nearly elbowed Nate in the throat. The marksman's pretty face (oh right, last night happened) was half buried in pillows; lying on his stomach with his nose mostly covered, it was a wonder he could breathe. His hair was messed up, too.

"Morning," Daken said. A smile was already playing on his face, and his tattooed hand brushed Nate's hair over with practiced fingers. "Should we cuddle?"

"Wasn't aware that was a large part of your courtship practices."

"It's not a small one," he shot back, wrapping the right arm around Nate's waist and rolling over. "Up and at 'em, gorgeous."

After a (brief) attempt to get Nate out of bed and a (not so brief) shower, the Dark Avenger walked out of the bathroom adjacent to his suite and found himself faced with the only remotely intriguing decision he ever needed to make morning to morning - dressing. For the second day in a row, Daken chose to black himself out from the waist down - black underwear, designer black jeans, black shoes. To keep himself from looking like repetitive (or some high schooler at his prom) that was where he stopped with the black. He paired his vest with a sleek burgundy short sleeve, sheer and tight, with a three button collar; out of impulse he popped two, and rubbed at the newly revealed space of his neck and chest with familiarity under the trim fabric. The other hand searched through his closet impatiently for a belt and withdrew a leather belt, similarly blood-colored. It made him look a little too much like some punk at a fight club, but the shirt was new - a gift from Asa - and he'd been looking for a reason to at least try it on...

Ehhh...ehhhhhhhhhh...

Okay.

Okay.

A few minutes later, Daken gave Nate his best afterglow wink, shook a hand through his mohawk, and walked out into the nucleus of the Dark Avengers floor. Briefly, he wondered who was up and about.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Had anyone ever made it to the thousandth level of Flappy Bird, Angela wondered blearily. She didn't know, but that wasn't gonna stop her from trying. Maybe she'd be the first.

flap flap ding! flap ding! flap flap flap flap ding!

"Morning, Daken."

IC (Alecto)

Alecto shrugged. "Well. If you were going to try to kill me, I imagine you'd have camped outside with a rifle or come in through the windows. So no bullet going through my pretty little head, no foul." Alecto grinned, as if it was a jest rather then semi-casual discussion of his murder. "Yep. That'd be the Watchbeast. Earned that name during the riots a year or so ago. Some looters broke in...and uh....he broke them. I'm not sure how. Looks like a solid gust of wind would tip him over don't it?"

IC: Damian

Damian nodded. "Sounds tough. Looks can be deceiving..."

"... And why would I want to kill you? Does anybody?"

IC (Alecto)

"If someone doesn't then I have some very understanding enemies." The vampire bat perched on Alecto's arm, having opened a small cut, calmly supped as the conversation went on, barely reaction to Alecto turned a chair over from the table and sitting down. The bat-bewinged merc l leaned forward, elbows folded atop the chair.  "So. What do you want? If it's about the ritual, I've got what I need. I'd need to finish feeding Sanguine here first, but that won't take long."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: (Asa)

A large plate of covered cookies sat upon the coffee table, placed there by Asa. The mercenary found she didn't get much sleep, not that she had gotten much sleep before she came here. Sometimes it was a bout of insomnia, other times it was paranoia. Lying awake at night, wondering whether you were going to be hunted down by SHIELD or someone less likely to pull their punches. That and if anything SHIELD wasn't get softer any time soon. Depending on how much of a problem they thought she was, she wouldn't doubt them taking her out if needed. Wasn't really SHIELD that worried her, there were jobs she took, the kind of people that paid, but didn't do so willing.

Heck, even Osborn considered her expendable, and it was only really Daken who didn't decide to pull the trigger. She was thankful for that, but she could have been just as unlikely, if she didn't tickle Daken's fancy just right, she would have been a corpse. She liked him, heck she trusted him, but there was this side of her that wondered. She felt like there were moments where Daken opened to her, that he was honest, but other times where he closed off, made a joke, or showered her with a gift. Was she clingy? Was she suffocating him? Was she just like any other girl or guy he could have?

As a result of these fears and frustrations, Asa got up in a groggy state, stumbling into the game room in her shorts and t-shirt. She smiled weakly at Daken and waved at Angela, before moving to pour herself a cup of coffee and a cookie. She had no quip, no joke. Just a soft spoken.

"Good morning."

IC: (Sakuya)

Sakuya Harada stood outside her first class for the day, normally she didn't like getting to class so early. She was good at taking notes though, and it allowed her to section off a bit of time in class, writing lyrics, and notes in the last few pages of her notebooks. She did this with almost all of her school notebooks. You could open one up, flip to the pages in back and always find something there. So she sat on the bench outside of class with those few pages and a pen in her hand. She'd write a line, cross it out. She write down musical notes, only to fill the margins with a million ways it could be changed, though unsure of which was better.

Sakuya's problem was she seemed to radiate an aura that seemed to be standoffish. She had done a few extreme things, made some points clear, didn't suffer fools gladly, and didn't reach out a lot when she should have. She didn't like thinking those things, there were ways to make passing the time alone easier. Working out, writing music, playing her guitar, playing video games, classes. However when the weekend came and no one was there, everyone else was hanging out with everyone else. Well...that's when the reality had a way of sinking in.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Alecto)

"I do just so happen to have the time today." Alecto shrugged extravagantly, taking care not to disturb Sanguine as he did so. "Nervous huh? Can't say I blame you. It's a risky business after all. Not to worry though, if something goes wrong you'll probably have time to run. Probably. If we're lucky." Alecto tilted his head slightly, as he considered Damian's first question. "Yeah. Comes with the life style sadly." 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

--need like two wrists

Foreign car outside, that got two digits

Money stand like eight feet, just like two midgets

The Articles of Confederation failed because they allowed the colonies too much power state to state while eschewing a strong federal government to keep them united, and--

WHO THE TOLD YOU THAT YOUNG THUGGER THUGGER DON'T UP THE BEAT

This is so hard! How does anyone study like this?

Dallas puffed up his cheeks with a deep, impatient breath, looked at his iPod, and then back to his history textbook. Then up to the front of the class. Book. Blackboard. iPod. Book. Book. Book. I have to study.

"Nope," he said to no one in particular. "This is not happening. It's too early and it's Friday."

He pushed the book closed and threw it under his desk, leaning back in his chair and mimicking a swordfight with two pencils.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Persephone looked down at herself. She just felt comfortable in her mechanic gear, and would happily wear it all the time...except she had her whole walking good publicity thing to live up to. The thing that would be her actual job over tinkering with her armour. The thing that actually earned her money and living space and, well, existence. 

"Yeah," she sighed, "I should probably try to look my best. The paparazzi snap me going grease monkey like this SHIELD will never let me live it down."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Is this really what they do?" Sierra glanced around the classroom, resting her eyes on one student after the next. To say that no one was doing anything of importance would be an understatement. Most were talking, texting, or even sleeping. One girls was even painting her nails. "She was right. When they're not being foolish, self-destructive, or malicious, they're wasting away their lives on mindless chatter and engrossing themselves in passing fancies." Ashley, Dallas, and the people who's names she didn't even bother to remember. Poor me, I'm alone, I'm crazy, I'm sorry. Everything she'd said was a lie, and yet she somehow hated them even more for it.

She quickly jotted down a note reading, "I need to talk to you. It's important.", and threw it in Ashley's direction before getting up to leave.

IC: Ashley

"Ow!" A flying piece of paper smacked into Ashley's face. Once she pulled it out of her leafy hair she read the note. 

Ashley glanced at Sierra as she got up and left, obviously she'd thrown the note. With a shrug, Ashley got up and followed her out, she wasn't getting much studying done anyway. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

When she saw that Ashley had left the classroom with her, Sierra turned to the green haired girl and mentally prepared herself for what she felt obligated to say. "There's something really important that I need to tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't mention it to anyone else, even Dallas."

Edited by Blair the Cat

IC:

Johnathan pushed open the front door to the bar, still holding his cellphone to his ear with his metal arm, waiting for Dallas to pick up. "Come on Cali..." that was when someone stepped out of the shadows. That was when they swung an extremly large sword at John. The blade hit John's metal hand, forcing his phone from his grip and sending it tumbling onto the ground.

John glanced up to see his attacker step into the light. He looked distinctly Japanese with long black hair tied up around his head, dressed in what appeared to be only white and black robes. His katana somehow magically retracted back to a normal size.

"The Hand sends their reguards," the man said now. "They paid me quite a fortune to hunt down John and Julia Howlett." the man said.

"Wait a minute buddy, you got the wrong John." Johnathan said. The Japenses guy then swiped his sword at John's neck, the blade extending outwards quickly, John ducked before unleashing his claws from his metal hand, blocking the dude's blade.

"Fine, if you're set on dyin' tonight then I guess me and Julia will have to oblidge. Before we get down to buisness, what's your name?" Johnathan asked.

"Raiden Chi." he said before he retracted his blade, jumped into the air, unleashing a kick to Johnathan's face and swiping his extending blade towards Julia's chest.

IC:

"My apartment isn't far from here, you can clean up there and I probably have a dress or some nice clothes you can borrow." She offered.

IC (Alecto)

"I didn't tell you? Huh. Well. Alecto Kava, professional mercenary, medic, gun for hire, bodyguard and occasional secretary at your service. A pleasure." Alecto give a quick, lop-sided grin. "I'd shake your hand but I've already moved around too much for Sanguine's tastes and I'll prefer if he didn't feel the need to work for his meal. Don't quite feel like going out to get more bandages today."