Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Okay, sure. Leave out the only one of those joke statements that's something more than a mindless pleasantry. Did you see John? He was eye-undressing me. I know what it's like to eye-undress someone, and that was textbook. The werewolf metaphors write themselves."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Alecto)

"I'd make a joke about them following us, but that's only partly true. Look natural. The last thing I need is for the X-Men to decide I'm following them. People have died when they decided that. Collateral mostly, but the trackers don't get away unscathed that often. Besides. This is a nice hotel and it might not have 'superhero' insurance."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

“That’s okay; it doesn’t fit that well anyway.” Ash shrugged. “We can always go buy you one that fits from the mall sometime?”

“Bye Kristen, I’m glad I could help.” Ash smiled at her. She waved at Dallas when the door opened for a brief moment.

IC:

Johnathan had tracked the two suspicious persons to the hotel. He’d followed them (a bit behind) to the hallway of what he assumed was Ash’s room after watching one of them talk to a female at the desk. He’d taken the stairs, using their scent alone to track them.

He watched as they paused in the hallway talking amongst themselves. He walked up behind them. “So why you two following Red? You got something against vampires?” he asked as he crossed a metal arm over flesh. He was also distinctly sure he heard someone say his name down the hall, it sounded like Dallas or Kristen, he had good hearing.

IC (Alecto)

"Well, uncle Bubba, when a girl mentions being abused by a vampire though the use of a hypnotic power, and another vampire immediately offers to use that same power on her, it only takes some basic logic to start worrying." Alecto stared at the moonshine chugging wannabe thug for a moment. "But then, I suppose I should be more sensitive. Not everyone can puzzle out the divine mystery of one plus one equals two. I'm sure you'll figure it out sometime champ."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ic:

"After Ashlynn got rid of the voices... I had a bit of an ephiphany. I decided to make a list of stuff I wanted to do."

Kristen Hailey's to-do list:

-Learn to drive

-Learn how 2 write w/out abbrv.

-First -real- kiss

-Figure out how the makeup works.

-Pass high school

-Find mom

-See London

-Go to a strip club

-Get a job

-Quit a job

-Meet all my siblings

-Ask someone out

-Learn how to make pretzels

-Learn how to play a guitar

-Get more chewing gum

-See my house

-Actually learn about the female body

-See Niagra falls (when not on fire)

-Win a jackpot

-Figure out how women's clothes work

-Go see a movie in theaters

-Start a band

-Write a song

-Play a song

-Admit all crushes

-Get a whistle

-Read a comic book

-Learn how to draw

-Get to third base

-Go to Hollywood

-Visit rogue & gambits graves

IC:

"Don't call me uncle Bubba fly boy," Johnathan said noticing his wings. "This vampire happens to have a heart of gold," John said, getting a bit angry but trying to keep himself in check. "You really shouldn't judge someone on what they eat, and us Ultimates can take care of ourselves." John pointed to Kristen with a metal finger.

"She looks fine to me," he said as he brushed past Alecto. "Also **** you buddy." he said before he walked down the hall before stopping at Ash's door.

"Knock, knock." Johnathan said, casting a glance back at the winged ***-hat down the hall.

The door opened and Ash peeked out. "John?" she asked.

"Some punks were following you, thought I'd make sure you're okay. One of them is a real putz. Should let me in in case he tries something." John said. He wanted nothing more then to have slugged that guy in his god-forsaken ugly mug but he knew better, he was trying to avoid violence. Ash allowed John entry before closing and locking the door.

"Well this is unexpected," she said as she looked at John with those eyes. "But thanks for worrying about me."

"Seems they were afraid you'd turn Kristen into a snack." John shook his head. "Nosy as heII."

IC (Alecto)

"Put a bag on your head we'll talk about it." Alecto was sporting a smirk as the Bubba-of-the-unmarked-van-and-mysterious-disappearance left. "And of course, I'm guessing he thinks eating people is perfectly normal. And it's less want too, more of need too..." He turned to Damian. "Pissing off idiots is a fine art. And that my new friend, was one of my masterpieces. One sentence and he starts cussing up a storm. It was beauty. Sheer beauty. Well. Wanna see about those wings or watch the next round of X-Men Family Matters?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC (Alecto)

"I'd make a joke about them following us, but that's only partly true. Look natural. The last thing I need is for the X-Men to decide I'm following them. People have died when they decided that. Collateral mostly, but the trackers don't get away unscathed that often. Besides. This is a nice hotel and it might not have 'superhero' insurance."

IC:

Johnathan had tracked the two suspicious persons to the hotel. He’d followed them (a bit behind) to the hallway of what he assumed was Ash’s room after watching one of them talk to a female at the desk. He’d taken the stairs, using their scent alone to track them.

He watched as they paused in the hallway talking amongst themselves. He walked up behind them. “So why you two following Red? You got something against vampires?” he asked as he crossed a metal arm over flesh. He was also distinctly sure he heard someone say his name down the hall, it sounded like Dallas or Kristen, he had good hearing.

IC: Damian

"Okay. Natural. Guess I'll just say that I lost something in this hotel and-"

Damian heard a voice behind him and saw a less than happy individual behind him...

... And Alecto did all the talking.

As the angry man headed into the room, Alecto offered to go back to the restaurant. "Okay," he replied. "The drama party might have already left though."

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC:

"Alright, I mean, just sayin'. Seems like these days, everyone wants to use me as a rentboy for some reason or another. Who'm I to refuse a bucket list."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: And now... The Shadow King.

Quincy spoke. "He calls himself the King of Shadows... He took up residence here recently."

"Well. I got much better to do than marinate here in the same wardrobe for five years. Summers, get over here. I'm gonna break your neck."

"...What." Zack stared at him flatly.

"Oh, c'mon. I'll break your neck, you'll flip out, go Phoenix, and then we'll torch our way out of here. It's...5% foolproof."

"That's not going to work. Well... It won't work the way you think it will. Jean Grey managed to defeat the King but that was at full power and he was imprisoned. Here, in his domain... You might not even be able to manifest it."

Quincy gave a sideways look at Tali. "He seems a little... Odd."

"I'm totally serious...when I've got something to take seriously. No offense, but you kids seem a bit beaten into the metaphorical fetal position." Alaric rolled his eyes and played with his hair, pushing it back into a complicated wave with his fingers before grinning reassuringly at the power controller. "Tali...come on. It's me, Ric. Tell her how many times I've let you down."

"I've been here for a year, Ric. Quincy has been here for five. During that time we've been tortured, beaten, run like animals for miles. Excuse us if we're not quite as hopeful as you are." Her expression softened and she sighed. "You haven't failed me yet, but... It's been so long in here."

"Tal, I wanna believe ya. Honest." Ric shrugged at Zack, who shrugged back. "All I'm seein' is forest."

"He just absorbed three minds. He'll be here soon."

"He'll be here soon...Tal, sweetie, I'm glad you're alive. Honest. If you want to escape, I'll help you escape. But I have a hard time being scared of some abomination who makes the same crapass excuses as the Papa John's guy."

The area chilled, the shadows thickening. Quincy shuddered and Tali pulled closer to Ric.

Lynae and Zack shared an awkward look.

"Not to sound cliche, but... He's heeeeeeeere."

I am the King.

Talk gasped and stumbled backward, the shadows in the forest starting to congregate and combine, caressing the ankles of the watchers like so many snakes slithering into a nest. All the ankles- except one pair, Zack’s feet deliberately avoided. The shades lightened as they wrapped around each other, forming a perfect but limp replica of the blonde woman standing with Ric and Tali. Perfect- except for one flaw, the eyes not blue but a pitch black. Darkness flowed around the woman, puppet strings seeming to go upward from her limbs.

And this is my domain.

The woman’s lips moved, but the voice seemed to come from the gloom behind her, like bad ventriloquy.

"You ain't nothin' but a hound dog..."

The replica’s head snapped up and focused on Ric, lips spreading in a grin and revealing slowly elongating eyeteeth. 

Levity. Impressive. I can see inside your head, Alaric Carlisle, you have no fear. But hate… Your hate is… delicious.

The puppet’s tongue ran around her lips, which were slowly plumping, barely discernible to the eye, her gaze turning to Tali, the shadows around the ex-teacher’s feet running up her body and to the edge of her shorn hair, brushing her cheek. She froze, eyes looking pleadingly at Ric.

This one, this one is terrified… AND THEN THERE’S YOU.

The grin spread wider, eyes glinting as they focused on Lynae, the gloom spreading away from her feet and leaving her in a circle of light. The replica’s facial features were softening, the hard Nordic lines of the blonde woman’s visage transforming into a delicate, beautiful, noble face.

You… You I’ve enjoyed watching. The amount of pain, the amount of hate you’ve created is simply delectable. What you did to your creator… Even I was impressed. That poor girl was just the icing on the cake. I am the god of Hate… and you are my perfect disciple.

The puppet advanced toward Lynae, getting a little bit shorter even as her proportions started to shift and the vampire stepped backward. “No. No, I’m not. I’m not the kind of person Thomas was, if you knew what he did to me-“

Oh, shut up. The puppet’s hand shot up, and Lynae found herself unable to speak. You know you loved it, that feeling of domination, of killing. And Kristen… You relished intimidating her, scaring her, drinking her lifeblood.

Lynae stumbled back but the shadows forced her forward again, the puppet’s transformation completing, her eyes turning from black to ice blue… A perfect duplicate of Lynae stood there, her face mere inches from the vampire’s.

Look into the mirror… And DESPAIR.

The shadows solidified, binding Lynae in place. The replica caressed Lynae’s cheek- and then bit her neck, fangs sinking in. Lynae screamed as her form seemed to unbind from the point of the bite, cracks of darkness wracking her body. Boils started to appear on her skin, open sores where her flesh was starting to disintegrate. They spread, growing larger along the cracks, her entire body falling apart as the shadows started to bulge like veins, taking Lynae’s flesh away, all of it flowing into the puppet’s mouth. The screams continued until her vocal box was destroyed, her body consumed, the shadow veins retreating back into the puppet’s mouth.

The replica turned away now, liking the last drop of shadow leisurely from her plump lips, looking knowingly at Ric.

She had quite the thing for you. Adorable, really.

• Upvote 2

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"We can do tomorrow. I'm just with you, Card, I'm best friends with a LeBeau. Of course I know a coffee shop." Dallas felt a reminder vibration in his phone and looked up. CHILLY LILLI, OH SO SILLY.

Huh.

Dallas pulled up the two texts and stared at them for a few seconds.

Don't worry bout it.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

“So this isn’t awkward at all,” Johnathan said as he sat down on the bed opposite of his ex. “Nice suit.” He nodded at the dark green bikini she’d changed into while Kristen had been in the bathroom. Ash’ face flushed a bit and she looked down.

“Kristen and I were about to go swimming until Dallas showed up and whisked her away.”

“Sounds like Cali; I saw them in the hall.” John commented. He looked at her for a long minute; she looked the same as he’d last seen her; except slightly paler and more elegant somehow.

“So, you hungry?” John asked suddenly.

“What?” Ash said clearly taken aback.

“Come on Red,” John said testing out her new nickname. “You know I’ll heal in twenty minutes or so, the draining of blood will slow me down a bit but at least it won’t scar. I’m tough, when’s the last time you fed off a live person? I’m sure it nourishes you more.” He cocked his head slightly, some long black hair falling over one of his dark-blues before he moved it away.

“John… are you sure?” she asked, looking guilty.

“Positive, I feel guilty enough leaving you behind in the Ultimate universe like we did. If we’d brought you along… well things would be different right now.”

“It’s okay,” Ash said as she got up and drifted towards him. “I felt when the Ash from this universe died; I somehow knew it was connected to the Phoenix. You guys chose to leave me behind because it was risky taking me back with the Phoenix inside me. You were trying to protect me, but I couldn’t stay there. Now with just me X-Bones, Zack and Ultimate Christine.” She hovered over John, looking uncertain.

“Where do you want it?” she asked.

“Go for the neck.” John said, craning his neck so she’d have more room. She nodded and as he watched her fangs glistened in the light as she dipped down. John waited, and second later he felt them pierce his neck. It hurt at first, he had to admit, but after a minute he was numb. He could feel her sucking, drinking his blood and after a minute or so she stopped and lifted her head up. Her lips glistened red before she wiped them with a delicate hand.

John caught that hand; he moved it away gently and then leaned in, pressing his lips to hers. She kissed him back and then suddenly pushed him away.

“Johnathan,” she said, her emerald eyes frustrated. “I told you I can’t be in a relationship right now.”

“Who said anything about a relationship?” John quipped. “It’s not like we’re strangers to each other,” John said. “Besides its been before I was turned into a werewolf since we…” he trailed off.

“And I haven’t since I've died, I've partied, but I've been focusing on feeding, the two emotions get sort of mixed up.” She said softly.

John moved in, kissing her again as she laid down. “Don’t worry, this is just between friends.” He said calmly.

“What if those two stalkers are outside and hear us?” Ash asked suddenly.

“Then let em’ hear.” John chuckled.

“Oh you’re such a dog.”

IC:

Sometime later, Johnathan sat on the balcony of Ash' apartment as as smoke wafted up from the cigarette pressed between his lips. The balcony doors open behind him faintly played the new Gambino joint, Pop Thieves. Make you feel good. The song repeated as he exhaled another small cloud.

"Since when did you smoke?" Ash asked as she joined John on the balcony. She'd changed into a blue top and jeans. She placed her hands on John's bare shoulders, which were revealed since he was wearing a black tanktop.

"I don't smoke alot," John shrugged. "Just on special occasions." he said as he pulled out another Newport and offered it to her. "Want one?" he asked.

"I've never smoked before." she said as she took it and looked at it.

"Not like either of us can get cancer, my lungs might get a little black but after long enough they fix themselves, and its not like it can kill yah since you're kinda already dead." he grinned.

"Alright, I'll give it a go." she said. John watched as she placed it between her lips and sat down. He moved his lighter over and cherried the stoge before drawing his hand back. He turned his gaze downwards, a view of the hotel pool was visible, all lit up with flourescent blue lights. Night time had finally settled in over the city and it was beautiful. The dark sky was radiant and cloudless and the buildings that dominated the view were all lit up like Christmas trees.

"Wierd that both of the versions of us from this reality are dead. Who thought I could be this happy in a reality that I'm not from." John contemplated.

"The other John is dead?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I felt what you described when I was training in the Danger Room." he shrugged.

"I'm sort of happy I became a vampire," Ash said. "Now I can actually see with my own eyes for once. Before I always looked through yours John, I saw myself through your eyes, and I saw you through others but not until now have I seen you with my own." she smiled.

"Huh, never thought of that." he said as he took another drag.

"I never liked the Ultimate title we have," Ash said suddenly. "What's so Ultimate about where we're from? We have Ultimate tragedy, Ultimate death and Ultimate issues, but that's it really." she said thinking that she sounded a bit pesimistic.

"Yeah," he nodded. "You know how there are probably thousands if not millions of alternate realties?" he asked. She nodded slowly.

"Most of them seem to go along the same lines, slight differences, certain events are changed which sets things apart and changes a whole bunch of stuff." he continued. "I wonder in how many of these other universes you and me are sitting right here. Right where we are, enjoying the view and each other's company."

"I'd hope in most of them." Ash said softly as she inhaled her lit cigarette for the first time and proceeded to cough.

IC:

No sooner was Ashley out of Doc Thomas' office than Dallas Green was inside, sitting in the still-warm chair facing across from Doc Thomas and toting a small fox in one crooked arm. There was silence for a few second as Dallas pressed his lips together, spread them apart, bit down on the bottom lip in thought.

"This is new for me," he finally said. "Having a real shrink across the hall from the cafeteria and everything. Used to be we all just used to talk to Ashlynn about our problems...sometimes Alaric, but we mainly went to him for the beer. So I guess you're really followin' in the footsteps of giants."

-Tyler

IC (Doc Thomas)

"We all stand on the shoulders of those before us," the counsellor noted wryly. "Some are just shorter than others."

IC (Rene LeBeau)

Rene rolled alongside Zane. "So how long've you been with the Brotherhood again?"

IC:

"That's a cool attitude to have." Dallas ran his hand along Morrison's head and put his other elbow on the top of the chair, running his hand along his neck. "Alec told me I should sign up for one of these. Not sure exactly, uh, what I'm supposed to talk about. Met a cool girl, seems to like me, we got stuff in common, and she's like, really hot...but it just so happens I got a relationship that feels like it's going nowhere and I don't know if I have the sack to admit it. I'm really good at, like, book learning and stuff...and I think I can count the classes I've gone to this semester on a hand. One best friend's tumble out of a skyscraper is all over Dailymotion, and the other practically never leaves the basement now. Which am I supposed to talk about?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Aella, you're going to be fine." Tera hugged her more tightly, setting aside her concern over the event for a moment. Trinity had, for the moment, returned to normal. Her situation could be sorted out. The other former prisoner, however, was now suffering from her own crisis. The blond martial artist patted her on the back, as comfortingly as possible. "I promised that you and Trinity would be safe. I always keep my promises."

"And look," She smiled, gesturing towards Trinity. "There are cookies. Cheer up. You'll both be okay."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

I took a deep breath, she was right, we'd be fine. We'd escaped right? HYDRA couldn't get us! 

And then...there was the cookies....I looked at the cookie Trin was offering, then I took it and started to nibble on it. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"See? Everything'll be fine." Tera said soothingly, patting Aella on the back again and letting her out of the hug. Looking to Mikhail, she nodded slightly. "Mikhail, I'll need to talk to you a little later."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG