Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"..."

Formerly, Rebekah Fell's eyes had been unfocused behind half lidded eyes, as their owner perhaps tried to tune out what was going on around her. At John's words, however, they refocused instantly to a razor's edge as her fingers moved away from her temples, tapping out an idle, consistent drumbeat as she straightened her back. "When I asked if you could hear yourself, Howlett, it was rhetorical. But I got my answer anyway."

"You're right, the timelines aren't identical. The first point of major divergence was a year ago, but the ripples were long before. But saying you'd never do what he did? Tell me, what did happen to Liam, Howlett? Who passed along the root cause for his demise? What is he guilty of that you aren't? Loss of limb, that's all I can think of. He may have been an and many, many other things besides, but count up your crimes. Are they fewer than his?"

Another pause, as red and purple eyes surveyed the group around her. "You talk about patching up some bulletholes. Fixing up this world, if we're stuck in it. But the broken can't fix what's broken, and most of the people I see can't even admit that there's a problem. I see denial, I see morals long compromised, and I see deep-seated psychoses."

"You know how many stable minds I count at this table? Three. And even those aren't without problems. We're not heroes. If we were heroes, why would they have stranded us here?"

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"This is why I haven't followed you on Instagram yet. Did you know I have 400 instagram followers? I don't know 400 people in this world and I do--"

"--why would they have stranded us here?"

The voices at the table petered out.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"No-no. I'm fine with being called an ," Kristen interjected.

"All I ever wanted to do is work out my problems and live peacefully. And you know what? That never happened. I realized my sentience was tucked away in a little corner of my mind for most of my life. My mother, the first person I ever cared about vanished off the face of the earth. John cut my arm off. Joey blackmailed me into being his for a year. I'm stuck as a female. I had to sit through getting every nerve in my shoulder reconnected to my body. I have to deal with all these weird "lubby dubby" emotions that I've never felt before. I have to deal with those emotions towards someone whose gender I don't even like. I met a vampire who more or less forced me to work for her. John keeps popping in and out of my life. I don't have any of my powers. Ashlynn shows up. I keep emotionally breaking down, and to top all this off..."

She took a deep breath, her blood burning.

"I have a hundred voices stuck in my goddamn head. Everyone I killed when instinct took over my body. You know what that's like? Having over a hundred personalities stuck in your head that have all their memories and hate you for killing them? Having them goad you, insult you, and ultimately try to have you kill yourself? Having that happen to you, every second of the day? No breaks when you sleep either. They're always there, mocking and hating you. So pardon me if I have the tendency to sound like a complete and utter jackass!"

IC:

"You smell that, Leon?"

"Yeah. It's flaming rubber. Why are we warming our hands over a tire fire, again?"

"It's survivalism. Seriously. Do you smell that?"

"It's hurting my lungs."

"It's teenage angst."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon)

"So, remind me, why are we waiting in a back alley for someone called...Sketchy? You didn't tell me anything beyond 'bad motha from the east side' that knows 'the best hangouts in this here burg'. I could use some more context here." Leon sniffed the air again. "Are you sure it's angst? It smells like a dead rat-king to me." The vampire sighed. "Please don't ask how I know that. I'll be so much happier if you don't."

"Oh, like you're the only immortal to ever smell a dead rat-king. You act like I've never seen Ratatouille before. I've hustled rats up and down Paris looking for that miracle mouse."

"I was so much happier not knowing that."

"Never hurts to have some war stories."

"Riiiiiight. So, any other insane sibilings I should know about?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Alecto)

"Welllllll, if money isn't your thing, I'm sure an alternative could be devised. I still haven't got that phone number by the way." Alecto took a moment to adjust his hair, and fluttered his wings slightly. "You have any...preference?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Damian

"Ah, here." Damian wrote down his phone number on a piece of scrap paper.

"I wouldn't know; never gambled before." Damian took a look at the table where the Ultimates were gathered. "Looks like they're doing some pretty strong cathartic release. What was this about another universe I heard?"

IC (Alecto)

"Think they're those X-Men I heard about on the news. Come from an alternate earth with an alien problem. Supposedly make our X-Men look well-adjusted. That...scares me a little bit to be honest." Alecto shrugged. "Well, you can bet almost anything really, cards, books, pencils, dates.....things like that. All depends on what you want out of it."

IC (Alecto)

"Once I started invoking ancient powers to give metal powers, I stopped trying to make sense of it all. The universe is a strange strange place." Alecto gave another grin. "Works for me. I'll pay for drinks regardless. Soda sound good to you? Acquired a taste for it that never really left. We'll go fifty-fifty on the wings if that's alright. Though...." His wings fluttered again. "I think, personally speaking, I've already got the best set."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"... If there's ever anything you want to ask me, I'll answer." Alex replied, after a moment's pause. He glanced over to Julia, smiling faintly. "Maybe people can't understand what I saw, but maybe I can help you, and them, understand me. I'm still here. I did come back. I couldn't leave you for long."

"I've kinda been alienating people. I want to fix that."

IC:

"Okay, okay, everyone calm down." Tera took a deep breath, staring at the scene in front of her. She knew what she saw, and she had a few guesses on what had happened, but dwelling on them wouldn't help. Not until she could take to someone who knew better. She opened her arms slightly, as if offering a hug. "It's going to be fine. We'll figure it all out, okay?"

IC:

Rebekah observed the scene in silence, listening to Kristen's words, and watched Julia's reaction. She could see Dallas in the metaphorical background, and knew what he was thinking, even if he wasn't speaking. In a way, she could understand what Kristen said. She could understand the issues with identity, and with, in a way, inner voices telling her what she was. Who she was.

But no one wanted to hear that. Not from the Terminator. So she stayed quiet, though she couldn't keep the tint of sadness out of her eyes.

She should have just kept her mouth shut.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Alecto)

"You're pretty sharp yourself. Some people dig red eyes." Alecto motioned for one of the staff members not transfixed by the sudden invasion of ultimates. "Yeah. We'd like a few platters of wings, two soda's and....you wouldn't happen to have fries would you?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. This is America. Not having fries is foul foul heresy. Anyway, I'd like some fries with em and...Anything you wanna add Damian?" Alecto's eyes wondered over to the Ultimate's table for a moment. Lunch, a show and someone interesting to talk with. This day was turning out pretty well, all things considered.

Ic:

Trinity quickly and tightly hugged Tera, the woman's presence being innately comfortable to Trinity.

"You're doing it again sir."

"Yes, inducing emotions upon project Trinity might not be the wisest of actions, but it will forge a longer connection. And she is vital to helping the project grow and develop."

"And when the project is complete?"

"She'll get a reward for helping us. Unknowingly," the doctor said, leaning back into his chair, "Prep a message to the Red Skull. Tell him God wants to give him a status update."

IC:

"Yeah? Think so? Worth a test dosage, I suppose." Brooklyn hooked her index finger through a belt loop and flung one arm around Rebekah's arm to pin her in a kiss so obnoxiously smitten it would have made passers-by turn away in revulsion if they weren't in a dressing room. "Hey, Bekah? I'm glad you're not a broody emo gloom monster anymore. I know you've had this whole new lease on life and you're wearing clothes that show off your legs now and I just...want to let you know I appreciate it, okay? Honest. I do."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

"Well alright then." Alecto leaned forward slightly. "So, you told me about the staff, some of the background. Mind telling me about yourself a bit? You seem like a person worth knowing. Not gonna ask for nothing in return of course. I'll gladly return the favor. Don't meet alot of worthwhile people these days."

IC (Alecto)

"Well alright then." Alecto leaned forward slightly. "So, you told me about the staff, some of the background. Mind telling me about yourself a bit? You seem like a person worth knowing. Not gonna ask for nothing in return of course. I'll gladly return the favor. Don't meet alot of worthwhile people these days."

IC: Damian

"Okay... Apparently I was adopted. The only parent I knew was a businessman named Darius Tyrell; he picked me up an orphanage and all that normal stuff. He also turned out to be backer of Pietro, so eventually got offed by MACE, but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that he seemed to know more about my mother-the Staff's last user-than I realized. The details were sparse, but apparently she was one of those 'superheroes' that were common up until 18 years ago. Nico Minoru, or something. She was apparently keeping a journal, which for some reason she left with me." He took a book out from his pocket; it seemed to have been restored multiple times over the years. "All I know about mom is in here."

"As for myself, I grew up in Tyrell's house, went to the good schools, and am currently in a liberal arts program at university. I tried getting into the occult in hopes it could help me control the staff, but I couldn't figure out left from right, so I quit. I'm also involved in some humanitarian groups, but nothing too extreme; I don't really want a target painted on my back." He didn't tell Alecto about Shiro.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC:

"Can I get this drink to go?" Dallas asked the waitress quietly, after the quiet that had settled over the Ultimates' table finally signalled it was safe for her to approach.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

"....For what it's worth, I'm sorry about Tyrell. Didn't exactly have an easy life myself. I..." Alecto paused for a moment, looking uncharacteristically somber. "Well. Kids at school, some of their parents too, thought that taking out their opinion of the brotherhood, the X-Men and all that out on my hide was the thing too do. I...well, ended up falling into merc work. Not alot of ah, normal work for someone like me you know? Then I fell into the occult...and well, today, I don't get hit around." He grinned. "Yeah. We mutants have a big enough target on our backs as it is."

IC:

"I never have an idea," Dallas admitted, rolling his shoulders to try and buck Morrison off his hair. "I judge by cover art, record label, and a quick Google search of RIYLs. Last time it got me hooked on Fiona Apple. Before that? +44. The poor man's blink-182. So it's always an adventure."

Dallas looked over at Sakuya and tilted his head a little.

"What about you? I don't remember seeing you around the Institute before New York, and I would have seen you around if you were going to some of these places through town. You new-ish?"

-Tyler

IC: (Sakuya)

"Well that definitely sounds exciting." Sakuya chuckled. "Yeah, I guess you say that, I came after all that happened." They had finally reached the store, and Sakuya opened the door, waiting for Dallas to walk in, she'd follow. Dallas seemed to have a rather unorthodox approach to grabbing his music. Not that it seemed bad, mixed things up, albeit some of the bands and songs were pretty bad, she usually went with things closer to her interests, and branched out from there.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"Yeah?" Dallas asked, taking a sip of Powerade and closing the door behind him; for the first time his eyes found the tattoo trailing down Sakuya's back, highlighted by her tank top. "What ended up enrolling you? Curiosity? Awkward power reveal? The company?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Jonathan was quiet for a long time as he mulled over Bekah's words.

"I never said I was perfect," he began softly. "Yeat I've done some messed up things, things I regret like turning Liam in the fist place since he was an insane killer, but I didn't know."

"I wasn't myself Bekah, I was infected with the mind of a beast, an animal. Yes I killed Liam to save the other John but there isn't a day that goes by that I wish I had let Liam finish him off first for what he did. No I'm not a hero, but I'm a anti-hero, and one that doesn't want to waste my god given powers and talents, one that knows we can help people, we did it before. We saved an entire universe from going dark and being over-run, that has to mean something. I have to believe it means something."

"Yes I'm broken, some of us are broken. But together we aren't broken, together we made a difference and I know we can again. Look around at this world, its under constant threat by terrorists, by Hydra. These people live in fear and no one has the power to stop them. The normal X-Men are gone, the Avengers aren't doing anything, who is? How long before history repeats itself and we see the same thing happening to this universe as we saw our own, except this time the threat is Hydra troops and not metal aliens."

Ash was confused, "Wait why is me coming back a bad thing to you Card?" She asked, though she felt sorry for everything the girl had gone through.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

Dallas' to-go cup wiggled across the table, and Showstopper poked Kristen in the mouth with the straw until she drank.

"Chug it up," he recommended. "There's a good girl. Dr Pepper. Keeps me docile."

IC:

Upon sighting Christine, Aleks ducked away from the bag with a final, wicked left cross before leaning against the wall and waterfalling half a thermos of water down his throat. The Russian mercenary slowly began unwrapping the gauze from his hands and tossed it irritably into little white piles on the floor.

"Hi," he greeted, taking deep breaths and reaching for his water bottle again. "How are you holding up?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

“I don’t remember that at all,” Ash shook her head. “I didn’t think I conversed much with the non Ultimates, why would I say that to you?” she asked, quite confused.

IC:

The southern belle shrugged, “Ah’m doin better then Ah was earlier, no other personalities takin over or anything.” She looked at her Russian, squeeze.

“Ah got done boxing about 15 minutes ago.” She chuckled, “We think alike.”

IC:

Suddenly it all came back. A distant memory, one that seemed almost like a dream. She saw Wild Card in his raptor form, shaking his scales at Ash as he snarled at her and the rest. Then she remembered reading his mind, learning about all of the hate he had for the other Ultimates and just about anyone, and something about a plan for revenge, though she couldn't remember on who.

“Heads up everyone it seems Wild Card hates us all and wants revenge…” she said plucking the thoughts out of his head. “Seems he blames us for everything.” She said.“I say we kill him now, put him out of his misery, Wild Card shouldn’t live on as this… thing.”  She'd said that over a year ago, she'd said it because Card had been full of hate and he'd been dangerous.

"I'm so sorry," she said suddenly. "I'm sorry I said that we should have killed you instead of trying to help, but there was so much hate and rage in your mind, you wanted to hurt people, I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry I said that it was wrong, and I'm glad that it didn't happen, I'm glad you're here and doing so much better then back then. Can you forgive me?"

Edited by Flex Likes Groot