Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: (Sakuya)

Sakuya had listened to it all, she didn't interject, didn't cut Dallas off at any point. Partly because she was an outsider and wanted to know what was going on. She could see though, that Dallas needed to talk about it. So she didn't open her mouth, not till he was finished.

"That's a lot to go through, and I can see why you're frustrated. You want your old friend back, but his time over in that other world changed him. He's more aloof, and it just feels wrong to you. Thing is, sounds like whatever happened. He's still recovering. You want to help him, but it seems like there's a wall in the way. You want to understand, and yet you can't, at least not at the moment. That's a lot of heavy stuff to be dealing with," Sakuya replied. "I'm glad you told me, it's good to let that all out. It wasn't boring, it just sucks that you had to go through all that." Sakuya kicked a pebble, and watched it bounce along the sidewalk. "So got any idea of what vinyls you want to pick up at the store?" Sakuya asked, after everything Dallas told her she thought about hugging him. The guy needed a hug, but she didn't want to make it awkward, especially after just meeting him. She already liked him, he was fun, and he cared for his friends a lot. He had been through a lot, and Sakuya's previous frustration over the idea that the X-Men was basically canceled, seemed wrong. They were just kids, teenagers after all and they were forced to grow up far too fast. Right a trip the record store sounded good, sounded like something that could help, and she could know him better.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"Eight people, sleeping in an abandoned basement? I hate that idea, anne frankly I'm surprised you even considered it."

"Dallas, don't be offensive," Tali chimed in. Showstopper beamed.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I never have an idea," Dallas admitted, rolling his shoulders to try and buck Morrison off his hair. "I judge by cover art, record label, and a quick Google search of RIYLs. Last time it got me hooked on Fiona Apple. Before that? +44. The poor man's blink-182. So it's always an adventure."

Dallas looked over at Sakuya and tilted his head a little.

"What about you? I don't remember seeing you around the Institute before New York, and I would have seen you around if you were going to some of these places through town. You new-ish?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I wasn't saying we sleep down there, just use it as our base of operations, but yeah we could find something better. Hotel for now sounds good, unless we can find abandoned hospital or warehouse or something."

"I'm staying in a hotel now, its not too far from here and not super expensive." Ash suggested.

IC:

"Well I could always try my hand at compelling the hotel clerks to let everyone stay for free... I haven't done it much but I know the basics." Ash shrugged. "And if you insist on calling me other Ash, then call me Red." she smiled at Wild Card.

Johnathan grinned at Cali, liking his choice of words. "What about buffalo wild wing bills?" he asked, wondering if it was possible they'd all dine and dash.

IC:

"Feelin' a lot of sexual tension here at this table. Did I invite everyone here for some hot wings or an orgy?"

-Tyler

IC:

Ash proceeded to let loose an accidental spray of her 'red drink' at Dallas comment.

"Sorry," she said as she patted at her mouth with a napkin, thankful none of the blood got on anyone.

IC (Alecto)

"Works for m-" Alecto's eyebrows shot up when one of the supposed "heroes" at one of the other tables sprayed what look an *awful* lot like blood. ".....Well. Evidently I've stepped into the Dresden Files. I need to find those Knights of something or another. I have some complaints for their boss. A list of them really. More of a codex. Or book series...." Alecto cleared his throat, ending the small tangent. 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"No, **** the other John. I mean I'd marry myself, this right here." he said as he waved at his own body. "Other John gives my a bad name, look what he did to Card's arm. Plus he let his only kid, Liam or whatever run off and live into the woods and get turned into a werewolf... by me, but that's besides the point."

"The other John did that to Card's arm? That's awful." Ash said shaking her head. "What is he doing with himself now? Did he pay for his crimes?"

IC:

Ash noticed she'd offended Wild Card, "I'm sorry Wild Card, I won't bring it up again." she said, it was still hard for her to believe it had actually happened when she'd known her John for so long and had trusted him.

"Yeah among other things. I miss the running, running as a wolf was the ****. The fleas not so much, nor was trying to bite my best bro."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"Do... Any of you hear yourselves?"

The query was tinged with annoyance, and inched a few notes higher in sheer disbelief than her voice had the whole evening. Rebekah glanced around the table, staring at each one of the people around her with something approaching incredulity. "I mean, really hear yourselves?"

"Johnathan, the point of divergence for these two universes was a year ago. This universe's John is you, with the exception of a year of different experiences. Everything you say makes you look bad? Try comparing crimes." Her eyes pivoted to Ashlynn, who was still mopping up the red mess that was very clearly not supposed to be outside of the body. "Ashlynn... Songbird, Red, whatever it is you like to be called now. Using abilities to get free things? That is literally the exact reason that humans hate mutants."

"Having Dallas manipulate a mentally unstable mutant with questionable behavior nears the top of this list of catastrophic statements. As does the implications that none of us ever pay for anything." The former Weapon, having spoken more words in five minutes than in five hours, fell silent, rubbing her temples with two fingers. 

"And you wonder why everyone thinks we're all ."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Alecto)

"Well. Scary eyes just tore them apart. I'll...oh, right the betting pool ended when the waitress skipped out." He eyed Damian. "You have any money? Might as well get some fun out of this." Shame. He could probably have made one thousand off of scary-eye's brutally effective deconstruction of her teammates. Heck, he was sorely tempted to call the police. Just to see how they'd try to squirm their way out of it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Not exactly," Johnathan shook his head. "The timelines weren't exactly the same before a year ago, I was captured by Weapon-X way earlier, spent more time there and only got the adamantium on my claws. Beyond that, I may be the same being, but that one year of experiences is enough to change anyone into a different person, for example this universe Alex. Its not easy seeing all your friends die. Also I'd never have done some of the things this universe' John did. Never."

"You're right Bekah, I'm sorry I offered. I was just thinking anything that got us all a place would be worth breaking some rules, I was thinking about the good we can do, but I'm not even a mutant anymore." she shrugged.

IC (Alecto)

"Oooooh. So you do have some fire too you! Good to know. Anyway, I consider it an open pool. Personally, I'm betting on how long it takes for them to fall apart as a group. Or for one of them to confess to murder. They've already listed off more then a few crimes, I figure it can't be far behind. I *know* scary-eyes has to have a few kills under her belt. But yeah, burning the place down works."

Edited by Basilisk