Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Kristen didn't say anything for a good long moment.

Then she just got up out of the booth.

"Well. It was nice seeing you all again," She said, trying to keep a calm demeanor, "... But I think it's time for me to find somewhere to crash. See you all around.

And then she left the building.

She had no idea where to go.

IC:

"Wait!" Ash said as she got up suddenly after Kristen. She followed her outside and got close behind her. "I didn't think about trying to compel the voices away." She said softly.

"I'm not sure if it will work, but I can try. If you really want it to work then it has a better chance like self hypnosis, I can't make any promises but I can try to make them go away or make it so you can't hear them."

IC:

"You decide where we're gonna go?" John looked at Cali.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"I will but it will work somewhere more quiet, and without distractions." Ash said as she glanced around the busy New York street, cars flew past while pedestrians shambled by on the sidewalks as people went about their lives.

"My hotel is down the street if you want to go there and try." she offered. She knew from Kristen's tale that she was probably weary of vampires, but Ash only had good intentions.

IC:

"I should thank you for that." Brooklyn was pulled into a tight embrace, Rebekah's chin resting on her shoulder as she gave a small, warm smile. "You're Brooklyn, slayer of emo gloom monsters. You may twist my arm so I'll wear shorts, but that's a very, very small price to pay for having you just... Be here. You're fantastic, and I really should be able to verbalize better than that."

"I appreciate you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Aww. Bekah! I appreciate that!" Brook grinned and twirled out of Bekah's hug after a second, linking arms with her girlfriend and walking back out of the dressing room. "You know what this trip needs? A mall pretzel. Let's pay, and then you can experience your first mall pretzel."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Ash waved down a taxi, it only took a minute before one stopped for the two 'girls'. Red opened the door and slid into the seat, allowing room for Kristen.

"Take us to the Royal Plaza Hotel down the street please." she said to the driver, already handing him some bills since she knew how far it was.

IC:

"Sounds like a plan to me." The dark-haired girl replied cheerfully, willing her debit card to materialize in her hands as she marched arm in arm with Brooklyn back into the main store. She didn't pay much attention to the clerk, just handing over her card once the total had been rung up, but the smile didn't leave her face.

"It's been a couple hours since we ate, a pretzel is about due. Maybe two pretzels."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Its not really that fancy," she explained. "They always aren't when their name seems overkill." she smiled. A few minutes later and the cab slid to a stop outside the hotel. It looked nice enough, wedged in between two buildings, with a tan paint job and large Greek columns that lead into the lobby.

"The elevator should be over here." Ash said as she finally pulled her sunglasses off now that she was out of the sun, tucking them away in her purse.

"Should we follow them Dal?"

IC:

"Wow that sounds shockingly fun," she said laughing at her own bad pun. "You ever shocked anyone before??"

IC:

"Yes, I would like to get past what happened. It was so long ago, I've literally died and been reborn since what happened." she said as the elevator took them up to the right floor. The doors swished open and Ash walked down a nice hallway before she stopped in front of her room, swiping her card before pushing the door open.

"Just sit down on the edge of the bed when you're ready and I'll start." she crossed her arms.

IC:

Ash slowly sank down to her knees. She moved up to Kristen and positioned it so that her bright green eyes bore straight into Kristen's own. "I know you can hear them right now, just try to tune it out. Don't listen to them, listen to me and my voice. It is the only one you need to hear right now." she said as she began to apply some of her compelling power, trying to pull Kristen in and get her ready before she began her work.

IC:

"Latner, and you have a point Angela."

IC:

Ash could feel that Kristen was pulled in and she was staring directly into her eyes, "Those other voice in your head, you can't hear them anymore. They are getting quieter and quieter, as they are sealed away in part of your mind you can't open, locked away inside a chest where no one can hear them. Your mind is getting clearer, you can start to hear your voice only." she said, her tone different now as she began to work the compelling on Kristen, hoping it was working.

IC:

Kristen's pupils dilated.

While she made no outward indication of it, she could slowly feel her mind emptying- No, not emptying. Just growing silent. The kinda of silent that you get when you're truly alone. Nothing at all but yourself. She knew that the voices were still there, but just like when you're truly alone, they just weren't around her anymore...

... Or at least, that's what Ashlynn was slowly convincing her.

IC:

A quick Google search had discerned that the nearest Red Robin was all the way in Staten Island, and so Ric had begrudgingly agreed to make the drive - but not before warning Zack that if he talked about how hungry he was one more goddamn time, they'd be eating out of a hot dog card and he would be grateful for it. The Black King lazily pushed coal-colored hair out of his eyes and blinked twice to keep attent on the long by-route from the city to Staten Island. The further they drove through the rich-people-territory that divided the two districts, the less there was to differentiate mile markers from each other. Big houses...fountains...fancy cars...fountains...fancy cars...big houses...fancy cars...wrecked fancy cars...

"Hah. Car wreck. Blows for them--" Ric started, before catching a second glimpse at the vehicle. "Wait, is that Lynae's ride?"

IC:

"Ooh! The xx's self-titled!" Dallas crowed suddenly, noticing the record's minimalistic cover and digging it up. He stared at it for a second and literally embraced it. "Sorry, hold that thought - I'm gonna go pay for this before I forget. Let me know if you see anything!"

He scurried off to the cashier, already giggling to himself and hopping on one foot as he tried to pull his wallet out of the back pocket of his skinny jeans.

IC:

"Could be worse."

IC:

"I was in the mood to box," Aleks said simply, picking up all the gauze and wrapping it up into a ball. With an effortless flick of his wrist he sent it spiraling into a trash can. As a pat on the back for himself, he finished off the water and set the canteen on the floor, sitting down after it with a deep breath. "What can I do for you?"

IC:

"Do you do mustard on pretzel sticks?"

IC:

"Uhhh...no, no, actually. Just Lynae and I, for as far back as I can remember." Jenna grabbed the marshmallow skewer she'd taken out of the trunk and impaled one of the white balls of sugar on the tip. The skewer spun around between her flattened palms as she stared into the tire fire in thought. "I can't believe she's a crazy Illuminati witch now."

IC:

Warren sat up in bed, tousling his hair sleepily as his thumb slowly combed through the channels of the hotel TV. He'd settled on the Game Show Network for a little bit before flipping to Last Week Tonight, and then finally to AMC, which was currently airing Pretty in Pink mercilessly. Not that he had anything against cheesy 80s movies - he had, after all, grown up in the 80s - but Betsy...Betsy was merciless. She was currently propped up on her side by an elbow, head against the headboard and a sheet pulled up around her body.

"Warren," she asked, in her best Molly Ringwald imitation, "why do you like me?"

"You tell me," Angel said distractedly.

"Okay," Betsy said, and then: "Warren, why do you like me?"

"Good question," he shot back, and that put a fake pout on her face. Warren rolled his eyes and moved his hand from his hair to hers, casually smoothing out Psylocke's bangs. "You're beautiful. You're funny. You beat listening to engine noise day and night for a week. I don't know, I just like you. Though...we are in Nebraska because of you... that takes a few points off..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Ah was just checking in..." she said before biting her lip. "Are we okay? Did something Ah say mess things up, or was it the whole Matt thing earlier?" she asked.

IC:

"I'll take a refill too." Johnathan said. "I don't think they went very far, if we wanted to catch up and check on Kristen in a few."

IC:

"These voices are getting harder and harder to reach," Ash said softly. "Even if you wanted to hear them you wouldn't know how, its like they never existed, as if you're waking up from a nightmare that is now over. Let your mind be filled with peace and clarity and remain your own."

IC:

Kane finished up his third slice of pizza. "That was good," he said as he patted his stomach. "Want to ride back? Or we can chill longer, either way I don't care." he said as he drank more of his drink.

IC:

Thinking that she had probably done enough, Ash finally looked away, breaking eye contact and breaking the hold she had over Kristen's mind. She now stood up. "So, did it work? Hear anything?" she asked. She wondered if it did work if the voices would return again, if so maybe future sessions like this were needed. She liked being able to try to help with a mental problem like this since she used to be a telepath.

IC:

"Alright, brah." John shrugged. He accepted a refill from the waitress then proceeded to sit idly.

IC (Alecto)

"Mmm. You want to do something about it? Seems kinda sketchy on my end too." Alecto shrugged noncommittally. "The wings'll keep anyhow..." Honestly, he hadn't gone out of the house today searching for a show down with a vampire. On the other hand, he wasn't exactly opposed to it. Kept the blood flowing, if nothing else.

IC (Leon)

"Yeah. Can't be fun. Didn't you have any family before you....you know, caught the sniffles?" Leon was privately wondering if inhaling quite this many fumes from burning rubber was, precisely, the brightest idea. He seemed to occupy a strange space between dead and alive.....and well, it depended on a few questions he wasn't quite prepared to answer.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ic:

"Oh it's wonderful. I know they're there, but it's quiet. It's wonderful, beautiful, amazing!"

She continued to laugh, standing up and stretching her arm, "thank you Ashlynn. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

She gave her a hug and slowly walked towards the door, her laugh dying as she began to grin. She stopped by the door, leaning against the nearby wall.

ashlynn took me to where she's crashing, did some hypnotizing . I can't hear them. I can think. Dallas I can think I can think I can think I can think I can think I can think!!!

It was silent, just like Kristen had wanted.

But there's no noise on earth louder than silence.

IC:

"I do not allow anything to violate the purity of my pretzels."

IC:

Rebekah was silent as he others discussed the implications of allowing Kristen to leave; she agreed, but she had not yet reached a decision on how to act. Based purely on numbers, there were more Ultimates to protect at her present location... But they were also less likely to be in immediate dangers. Her welcome, as well, had long been worn out.

After a few more moments, she began to push her chair out.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Photosynthesize, and be ," Dallas muttered, looking down at his phone and standing. He kicked his leg out behind him, pushing the chair under the table with thoughtless flippancy. "I'd say we're about done. Tal, you coming or what, babe? I want to leave while there's still people here who look like they might pay."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Where is everyone going? Or are we splitting up?" John asked as he got to his feet too, before dropping a few bills onto the table. "You said I have to pay, and Bekah said we should so I did, that should cover it."

IC:

"Your welcome Kristen," Ash smiled, happy she helped the girl. "So no more bad blood right? If I had known it was the voices that made you think those things when I said that all that time ago, then I would have done a session like this back then, I'm sorry for the bad communication."