BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Ta-Koro):

Even before emerging from the Ta-Onu-tunnel, Tuli's mind was filled with nostalgia. Ta-Koro had been her original home, and she still remembered what a welcoming place it was for a Ta-Matoran like her. The heat was pleasant and the streets were buzzing with constant activity. Guards were seen patrolling in all corners of the village, performing their duties in the name of Ta-Koro and the Great Spirit Mata Nui. Long ago, Tuli had been one of them. She had followed the tough discipline of the guard while also reaping all the benefits that came along with it. Being a guard was rewarding work, not only for the honour, but also the feeling of having a purpose in life. Being able to do something for your home was satisfying by itself. Nowadays Tuli did many things for her friends, but it was somehow different than serving your city.

Tuli looked around, dearly remembering all the familiar places and landmarks with. She remembered the crafter's shop she had got her satchel from and the forge she used to spend hours in, admiring the smith's works. She remembered the graveyard where the stones of all fallen heroes were preserved to ensure their legacies, and Vakama's hut that still seemed to defy the evil Makuta with its very existence...

"Tuli? You know where the cable car is, right?" Kirgan's voice snapped Tuli out of her remembrance.

"Um, sure", Tuli said. "R-right this way."

OOC: Waiting for confirmation on the status of the cable car before using it.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

I bit back responses for a couple seconds and then finally released a deep exhale I'd been holding for a while, putting one hand behind my back, on Skyra's arm. The other one tilted her head up to look at me again.

"Look...look. You are like, a good person. Genuinely good. The stuff you do, all the people you save, the people you stop, and I think the world needs a little more of that. You are on such a higher plane than me, morals wise. Just...do me a favor and tell me you're not gonna lose that. I mean, I don't even care if you lie to me. But just...Sky, there's baggage that comes when you're the guy on the team who gets left in the room with the bad guy while everyone else waits outside until he's dead. In that time, you're alone. More alone than...anyone in the world could ever know." My smile tightened and flicked on one side. "It's...not something I would have asked for. It's not the life I want. Compromise if you have to, no one gets that more than me, but...promise that you won't let yourself fall that far? For me?"

I pressed my lips together and breathed again before moving my arms around to hug Skyra back.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Skyra

I wanted to say yes, that there was no way I'd fall that far. I mean of course not! I'm Skyra Daring, a Commander of the Gukko Force! I don't kill people, not even the bad ones....

Yet I hesitated in giving my answer, I had to think about it. I'd seen a lot of good people die, and the bad guys kept on living to kill again. That just didn't seem right. Vidar, Echelon, the sniper who gunned down Matau like he was an animal...I hated them. 

I thought about what I might do if I was left alone in a room with Matau's killer, free to do what I wished with him. What I wanted to do to him. To give him what he deserved. I trembled a bit, disturbed by my own desire to end someone's life, even if they most certainly deserved it. Whether I was actually capable of going through with something like that, I didn't know. 

"I...I'll do my best." I said quietly.

OOC: 8,000th post woop.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

This girl is so in love with me.

This is going to sound disjointed, because I have no idea what it is I'm feeling - not for Joske, or Tuara, or Grokk, or Skyra, but for...me. Everything I felt, I was feeling for me. 

I could have looked worse, I guess - I mean, when am I not hot? - but still...and I can't believe I'm admitting this, even to the Day 1 Crew...my ego was in a weird place since getting back to Ta-Koro. Things had felt almost tame to me; maybe not tame? Maybe...forceful? No, no...unrelenting! Unrelenting. Between the Piraka and Joske and Grokk, I'd been hammered into the ground physically and emotionally with no pick-me-up in sight. Tuara and Cael had chosen Utu - no, not even Utu, chosen pretty boy Joske over me, in the one moment where they should have remembered that he abandoned us all for upwards of a year and left us chasing his loose ends. And that was the worst of it. The toyed with you, smiled at you, monologued if he had to...but he made you care above all else. Made you want to follow him. He never asked for me, either. Just ordered, with those baby blues of his. It wasn't fair, and I had a selective idiocy for his unfairness. 

If you ever want to feel like , be bad at being good. There's nothing more degrading in the world.

But I didn't feel very wholesome. Not a single article of clothing that wasn't fine black leather, tattoos, cuts, bruises, snake hips and pouty lips, banged up lighter clinking against my chest...something about this bed, this place...something about holding Grokk's heart in my hand and letting go at the crucial moment...it made me feel pissy. Surly. A little bad. I was...myself.

One hookup and some pancakes, and I was alive, alive with glory I hadn't felt since Joske. There was no word to describe it - short of bipolar - but suddenly something snikt behind my eyes and I felt real clarity, a real victory in acceptance, in lying back and taking it. Skyra was giggling at me, bouncing along the bed, pinning my knees with hers. 

I wrapped the crook of my arm around Skyra's neck and rolled over, back and forth down the width of the bed over and over. The Toa of Air squealed or squeaked or giggled or something. It was a sound, and it was for me; that was enough. I buried my head in her neck with new vigor and kissed her collarbone. Thanks, I wanted to say, but that was an admission I wasn't ready to make yet. Thanks, Sky.

This really got a load off my chest.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: NPC Kain (Obsidian Outpost)

The Ta-Matoran wiped his brow and set his wrench in its place upon the shelf. It wasn't easy work, but it paid better than mining up in Mangai for overwhelming hours every day. Not to mention the fact that it was much easier work. Besides overseeing that the machinery was well greased and functioning properly, his only real task was to collect the toll and pull the lever.

Voices carried over the wind. He turned to see a troupe of three Matoran and one Toa approaching. A typical sight.

Kain clambered out of his chair to 'greet' them. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Good afternoon." he said, a fake smile pasted on his features. "Five widgets per passenger please."

(Ta-Wahi, Obsidian outpost):

"What?" Tuli said in confusion. "I thought the Cable Car was free for use."

Khervos shrugged. Kirgan was already going through his bag for the widgets required. "It's not much, we can pay it", he said. But Tuli wasn't quite done yet.

"I'll let you know I was a member of the guard once", Tuli said. "And I remember the Cable Car being free."

IC: The snappily-dressed bartender gave merely a shrug, and set to work mixing up a simple rum and cola for the Skakdi.

"If I flipped out every time a fight started in this bar..." he proclaimed, with the wisdom and experience a solid two months working at the Lavapool Inn (may she rest in peace) tinging his voice, like the worldly cush of a well-traveled couch. He handed the drink to the Skakdi and accepted the empty glass of Jolek's, presenting the both of them with a knowing smirk for their efforts.

"I wouldn't have lasted a week in this town. Granted, hiring a bouncer'd do me some good, but you know how it is when you only opened last month and get your roof half-destroyed almost right out of the gate." he finished, returning the newly re-watered glass to the Jungle lad, who in turn nodded his gratitude and looked to the Skakdi beside him.

"You go on ahead. I think I'll be fine, since I tried to stay out of it and just get a drink. Right?" he looked to the bartender for affirmation, who looked up from the glass he'd been cleaning.

"Depends on the guard, really."

IC: (Karaihe)

After looking down the street outside briefly, Karaihe said:

"Maybe we can stay for a bit - no sign of a guard..."

without even looking behind him or turning, he grabbed a nearby stool and swung it backwards into the face of a toa creeping up behind him.

Kathok

OOC: Ayar, Rekhyt, Veteran and Scholar from Ga-Wahi. I hope you don't mind Veteran stepping in to deal with this, Req.

IC: Veteran (Obsidian Outpost).

"Welcome home, mates," Veteran said cheerily, gesturing for Rekhyt and Ayar to make themselves at home. Zero was still gone, it seemed, so there wouldn't be any fighting until after she returned. Until then, he'd let everyone have a chance to relax and...

"I'll let you know I was a member of the guard once", Tuli said. "And I remember the Cable Car being free."

...or maybe not. Veteran heard the unfamiliar voice, and knew what it meant. More irritating travellers who didn't know how to mind their own business. "I'm gone for half a day..." he muttered to himself, striding up towards the group of strangers. "Oi Kain, what's goin' on?" 

"This lot don't want to pay the toll," Kain reported, smiling smugly at the arrival of an ally. "Where've you been?" 

"Collecting a couple more new recruits. They're in the courtyard. You want me to deal with this lot?"

"Will you still pay me?" Kain inquired.

"Yes," Veteran replied flatly, "now bugger off and let me take care of this." 

"Yes sir," Kain shrugged, returning to his seat, watching on amusedly, as if he were at the theater. 

Veteran sighed, turning to the group of travellers. "Now, what seems to be the problem?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vesun

Vesun stepped back. He had no money, so this problem he would have to leave to the Matoran to solve. He watched Veteran for a few moments, then took Khervos aside. "I don't know what your, uh... girlfriend intends," he whispered, "but I'd rather not cause any trouble here. I respect your devotion to justice, but a toll's not worth it. I don't like the prospect of fighting that one."

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan, Khervos, Tuli

Knowing what was about to happen, Khervos pulled Kirgan back a few steps and gestured for Vesun to remain where he was.

"This could get ugly...", he cautioned.

What Khervos meant soon became apparent as Tuli's impatience flared into anger. Considering the Ta-Matoran's temperament, that meant trouble, usually for the ones she was angry with. Even if that person was a nasty-looking Skakdi of fire.

"Look here, 'big shot'", Tuli said to Veteran. "I don't know what kind of game this is, but the Cable Car used to be free for anyone to use."

"It's ok, I have enough money to pay our toll...", Kirgan tried to interject, but it made no difference to the hot-headed Ta-Matoran.

"Who decided to come up with this idiotic toll anyway?" Tuli continued. "Jaller? I swear, if he's behind this, I'll know I made the right decision moving to Onu-Koro. What is it with this system where everything good has to be taken and converted to serve the needs of the upper classes? Or is this some kind of a stupid private corporation?!"

IC: Veteran.

Veteran was sorely tempted to use his impact vision to simply blast the irritating Matoran off the edge off the cliff down onto the rocks and lava below, but he decided agaisnt it. Instead, he very calmly stepped closer to her, staring her down, "Listen, mate, things are different now. We've all got to make money somehow. As for Jaller, he's too busy rebuilding his city after the Piraka wrecked it to be bothered with this place. We've moved in, and we're here to stay." Her expression didn't change, so he continued. 

"And who are we, you may wonder? We're just a simple bunch of mercs with nowhere else to live and no other way of making a living. There are no "upper classes" or anything like that involved here. Just a few old salts who've hit on hard times and are trying to make enough widgets to survive. Now, are you going to pay the bloody toll, or are you going to jump off the cliff?" He made it sound like a joke, but he was actually completely serious. 

He knew he'd probably said a little too much, so his only options were to let them cross the border into Ko-Koro (in which case they would probably die anyway) or kill them here and now, which didn't seem like the best idea. But seriously, was five widgets really that much to ask for? A decent meal in the average inn usually cost two or three times that much. "Well?" he prompted impatiently. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Khervos saw the look on the Skakdi's face and grew nervous. He knew how far Tuli would be willing to go to ger her way, and in this case it might lead to something nasty.

"Piraka, huh?! I wouldn't be surprised if you had something to do with it!" Tuli pressed on. "I can tell you, I can name numerous mercenaries who've got a decent living and still don't forcibly confiscate public property! And don't you try that 'you're just a Matoran' look on me, punk, I'm not just some naive villager to be told around! We need to go to Ko-Koro to heal a spreading amnesia, and you're delaying us with your rip-off of a toll, you overgrown -"

"Tuli... Tuli!" Khervos shouted. "We don't have time for this!"

"So now you're telling me what to do?!"

"We can't win this argument, Tuli", Khervos said. "It's not our call, it's theirs."

"I'll show them who they can call..."

"We'll pay the fee", Kirgan said. In his hand was 20 widgets. "This should cover each of us."

Khervos was still trying to cool off Tuli's explosion of temper as Kirgan walked over to the Skakdi with the money.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

"Thanks, mate," Veteran gave Kirgan a big happy skakdi grin as he took the money from him. "Ladies first," he added to Tuli with a smirk, opening the door of the cable car. Then he stopped, his grin fading. Something about the Matoran's words had him confused. Do they know what was happening in Ko Koro right now? He knew his conscience was getting the better of him here, but he couldn't help it. After so many years of being paid to take people's lives, before nearly losing his own, he now had a very healthy respect for life. He couldn't let this lot walk into the firing line without giving them fair warning, even if they were incredibly annoying. 

"Do you lot actually know what's happened in Ko-Koro? Because if you don't, you should take this and walk right back the way you came..." he held out the money he'd just taken. "I don't need any more deaths on my conscience." Sure, he'd considered killing a few moments ago, but he knew he wouldnt have gone ahead with it. He was too old to live with the guilt of taking any more innocent lives...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Wait... what?" Kirgan said. "Has something happened in Ko-Koro? What?"

Behind him, Khervos was still trying to calm down his enraged girlfriend. At the Skakdi's words, however, both turned to look at him.

They seriously don't know? This was not good for business. 

"Ko-Koro's been attacked, mate. Legacy and the Brotherhood. A bunch of Makuta Worshipers and those other faithless Death Cult s. "If you're going to Ko-Koro, you'll be lucky to find yourself walking into a war-zone. If you're unlucky, the battle will already be over, and you'll have to contend with whoever the winner is." He shook his head, "we sent a bunch of guys over there a while back, haven't seen 'em since."

Kirgan was speechless, along with Khervos and even Tuli. They should have suspected something was wrong from the way the Onu-Ko-tunnel had collapsed, but the truth seemed worse than anything they could have thought of.

Kirgan turned to Vesun. "If Ko-Koro is under attack, going there is extremely dangerous", he said. "But it's also the only place I can think of where we might find a cure for your amnesia... the decision is up to you. Shall we go or will we stay?"

IC: Scholar, Haarnak and Ayar (Obsidian Outpost)

Scholar walked into the courtyard where he had battled Veteran earlier. It was still the same- knocked over weapon racks, that hole in the wall- except for one thing.

There was a red and black Toa of Fire lying in the middle of the courtyard, unconscious, covered in wounds, and bleeding all over the paving. "Hey, you!" Scholar shouted in the Toa's ear. "What do you think you're doing, lying here on private property and bleeding all over the place?!" The Toa regained consciousness with Scholar's shouts, and he spat out of his ragged lips:

"I could do with some healing, ya know." Disturbed by the Toa's expression, Scholar knocked him unconscious again with his Matatu, and beckoned for Ayar to come over. "It looks like he's just got loads of puncture wounds. Are you good with that?" In response, Ayar nodded, and she activated her Kanohi, sealing up the wounds. "He'll regain consciousness in a few hours. Other than a concussion, he should be fine."

VBWj75sh.png

"If I might interject my professional opinion here..." Veteran said hesitantly. The affairs of this lot was none of his business, but at the same time, he couldn't help but feel obliged to help them out, or at least try to. If they wanted to ignore his advice, and that got them killed, then he could rest easy knowing that he at least tried.

"...and I'm a professional at not dying, just in case you was wonderin'. Anywho, generally, it aint the best idea to let an amnesiac make the life-or-death decisions... just sayin'... and, ah..." he turned to the Toa, "...no offence intended, mate. Sorry 'bout that, but sometimes the truth aint all that nice on your ears."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Vesun pondered what the Skakdi said for a moment, then nodded. "You're quite right, in the general case." He turned to the Matoran. "You may be asking me because it's my amnesia, but you shouldn't trust my judgement simply because I am a warrior. I don't know how you... Matoran creatures usually interact with Toa, but I claim no right to boss you around. As it stands, though, I would be alone against what must be a heavy invasion force. And I prefer amnesia to death." He turned back to Veteran. "Thank you for the information. Since we have traveled here, though, may I ask - do you know of any telepaths?"

Veteran handed them back their money and closed the door to the cable car. "A telepath?" he thought that over. "I don't know of anyone like that, I'm afraid..."

That was a lie, sort of. He didn't know any telepaths, but he did know someone with an ability that might help. Except he wasn't supposed to talk about that, and he'd already said a few too many things he shouldn't have to this group as it was. It was best for him to shut his trap now, before things got any worse. "I'm sorry... that I couldn't be of more help, and that you aren't happy with our methods of making a living," he added the last bit for Tuli's benefit.

"Good luck to you all, I guess..." he said bitterly. "If I might make a suggestion, Ta-Koro sees a lot of travellers. Ask around there, and you might get lucky and find what you're looking for." 

As they turned back and walked down the steps, Tuli said to Vesun "You wouldn't have to fight alone, you know. Matoran are perfectly capable of fighting too. I once killed a Parakuka-enhanced evil Toa. And it didn't take a miracle to do that."

"Good job holding down the fort while we were away, Kain." Veteran thanked the Matoran. "Now, I've got work to do." 

Veteran left the Matoran to his work and wandered back to where he'd left Ayar, Rekhyt and Scholar, only to find... "who the karz is that?" he demanded, seeing the unconscious fire Toa sprawled on the ground in the middle of the courtyard. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Vesun looked at Tuli with surprise. "I have no idea what a Parakuka might be, but you couldn't have taken down a Toa without a plan. We'd be going in there blind, with no plan, along a very expected route. What's more, none of us know the place well, and our enemies are already on alert, and most likely fortified. If we were at the head of a column of Ussalry, I would have gone. We're alone, and I will risk no one's life for my memories. After all, I have this... mindstone." He produced the rock he'd written on yesterday. He stared at it for a few seconds, then put it away. "Anyway, we need a new plan."

IC:

While Lohkar and Mr. Stereotypical Skakdi Occupation finally started crossing swords and ridiculous insults, Lasinia produced a banner from thin air yet again (which I can only assume she brought with her [unless Lohkar actually has a fanbase among other pirates]), and everyone else continued doing basically nothing, I tensed my muscles and stepped forward, ready to counter any offensive that too close for comfort. Couldn't have anything ruining this face, you know what I mean? 

It was only sheer coincidence that I had stepped in front of Mim as well.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Loren- Ta-koro- Random Inn

IC: Whatever Jolek had been planning to say in response to Karaihe was cut off by a loud screeching ring that filled the inn and put almost everybody on their knees with their hands over their ears. The sound continued for several seconds before subsiding, allowing those still able to look at the origin of the noise.

A grey figure stood in the doorway. The hood of his cloak was down, allowing everybody to see the Kualsi on his face. One hand was holding up a Guard badge.

"Ta-koro Guard," he said "We've been getting reports of a disturbance here. Something about loud noises and people being tossed through doors?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Are there other villages, other places there might be telepaths?" He paused a moment, then shrugged. "While we're here, we may as well ask around." He pointed to an inn that the Ta-Koro Guard were investigating. "Perhaps the local... establishment."

"Those are guards? I thought they were patrons." He shook his head. "Ah, perhaps not. If there are guards, though, they must have a headquarters. As good a place as any to check. Tuli, do you know where that would be?"

"I asked the Ussalry if they'd found telepaths... I figured these guards might be similar. An organized force is certain to keep records of beings of outstanding powers; I'd say telepathy qualifies." He glanced around. "Which way?"