BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Veteran.

A blur of motion, a cloud of powdered snow flicked up into the air, and suddenly Forger appeared in the middle of the courtyard. "Ah, Forger mate, you're back!" Veteran boomed, "I was just given the new recruits their chance to ask me a few things, but since you're here now, maybe you can help me out..." he noted the serious expression on Forger's face, and reconsidered, "what's goin' on?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Daniel, Verulas wasn't assuming that Enforcer was the group leader; he just wanted him at the meeting as well for negotiations.

IC: Verulas caught up to the Vo-Toa as the Crystal-Toa handed him some injured Matoran, even though Sparky looked like he was ready to take them instead.

"Uh, sure... No problem..."

He looked over at the Vo-Toa and shrugged. He was about to hand one of them off to him when the Fe-Toa mercenary sped by them and dumped a sled in his hand.

The Bo-Toa suspected that the message he had left with the Vortixx had been delivered. 

He smiled at the Vo-Toa's complaints and shook his head.

"Yeah, the nerve of some people," he said. "Sorry about earlier. Merc talk sometimes gets a bit boring. Didn't want to put you to sleep."

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Hile

(Ko-Koro):

Hile looked around at the destruction. He had not wanted to enter the disaster area, but his Chronicler's curiosity had got the better of him. He was utterly traumatized by the fall of his home, but at the same time he realized the fight was not over yet. Several small-scale battles were taking place in the streets and inside public buildings.

My home is gone, Hile thought sadly. But I must do my duty. I must chronicle these moments so the future Ko-Koro can learn from them and remember those who fell... now matter how dangerous it is for me to do so.

Hile's eyes widened when, amongst the non-familiar beings fighting each other, he spotted figures he knew well. The Toa Maru of air and fire, Korero and Oreius, had arrived, doubtless to save the day and return Ko-Koro to the Matoran.

Hile ran towards the Maru and the Lesterin they were talking with, shouting almost fanatically "Thank the Great Spirit, you're here!"

IC Forger

"We have a lot of refugees coming. We're going to shuttle them to Ta-Koro, we're looking at perhaps a dozen trips counting their supplies." I move to a nearby chair, taking a seat. Fatigued from the trip and earlier battles.

"We are a little worse for the wear. The venture into Ko-Koro did... Well, it did not go very well. I made a rash decision, our first contact was with two toa, mutated and serving Makuta's Legacy. They told us the battle was over, that only a handful of defenders remained at the hospital. We agreed to help drive them out, but the defenders were well prepared and the situation was not as they described. They left the battle shortly after we engaged."

I finished explaining the events at the hospital after Veteran brings food and drink, we eat and discuss the stand off with the defenders, Enforcer's bargaining to save us and Judge's injuries. "Has Judge returned yet? He needed care immediately. And Zero, is she here?"

...but close to it

"I aint seen no sign of Judge." Veteran shrugged, taking a swig of his beer. "If he needed immediate care, why'd you let him go off on his own? As for Zero, she left for Le or Onu or somethin' to go pick up some more recruits. But my batch are here, eager to prove themselves. Scholar's already been accepted into the group. Rekhyt and Ayar here haven't done their trials yet. But... Ayar does have a mask of healing."

He got to his feet and called out to Ayar. "You wouldn't mind helping out the refugees when they get here, would ya? And our buddy Judge if he shows up. Since you aint the violent sort, perhaps this can be your trial." He turned back to Forger. "From what you're sayin', it sounds likely old Min- Enforcer," he corrected himself, "is pretty riled up about what happened ta Judge. I reckon I'll have a chat with him when he gets back, see if I can't calm him down somewhat." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Photu.

As he was walking towards the two people, he heard something like running. He turned around to see a Matoran running towards the two people. For a moment he thought it was just the fact that they were not trying to murder each-other, but after hearing him shout at them, he knew that he must know these people.

OOC: YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF INTERACTION THIS TIME TOATAPIO. MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

*ahem*

"See, she's the very agreeable sort," Veteran smirked, "Now, how long before these bloody tourists show up?" 

IC: Pae

Pae nodded, "Go to the guard and ask to speak with Kino Ihu," the Toa almost winced at having to mention her name to people he didn't know, "Be safe."

The Toa turned and began running, moving along the walls towards the gates. He tried to stay low as he moved, keeping as close as he could to the parapet as he could to avoid attention. Upon reaching the gate he looked down through the rubble, hoping to spot the safest route down.

OOC:

Last chance to spot Pae on the wall before making his way into the drifts, unless otherwise prevented from advancing after the fact

IC:

Nika nodded curtly, as did Rana, her concern melting slightly. Though the name which the Iron Toa had pronounced wasn't known to her, the fact that this contact was in league with the Ta-Koro Guard assuaged some of her fears. It wasn't enough to prove that there wasn't some kind of shady business going on, obviously. But it was a start.

"In that case, let's get moving," the sergeant said, starting along Pae's trail towards the remains of the gate.

Nika, on the other hand, hung back slightly, leaning close to Jin.

"Kino Ihu? Familiar to you?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Veteran jabbed a finger towards Scholar. "He was the one who blew the giant holes in the wall, mate. Totally not my fault." 

"Those walls are coming out of his pay, right, not mine?" Veteran asked Forger. 

"I'm never happy, mate." Veteran pointed out, "It comes from babysitting youngsters like you." 

"Ugh, I guess..." he rolled his eyes, "you are the most childish mercenary I've ever met." 

OOC: Seeing as how Krakant is stuck under Razsk's foot and isn't going anywhere, Pohtu will take over for now.

IC: Photu.

Walking through the ruined village, he was even more speechless that usual at the destruction and pain that had happened here. The carved walls, crumbled to dust, lightstones lay shattered across the street, fresh snow matted and filthy from all the fighting. There was a sealed doorway, broken doors. His head hurt with the thought of all the damage and pain and loss of this once proud and civilised village. Now it was no-more.

Up ahead, he saw three beings, two of which were conversing with each-other. One looked to be a Toa, and the other a Lesterin. He walked towards them.

OOC: Revekk, Korero, https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/1e/Heavy_specialcompleted08.wav?t=20110320072543

IC: Razsk

Razsk, still holding Krakant aloft, grabs a piece of metal from a collapsed building.  Using his mask, he twists it around Krakaknt's wrists, tight enough that is held him but not enough that it hurt.  Much.  He drove another piece into the ice wall surrounding the koro, then hung the villian from his hands, making sure he would not be able to swing himself off by curling the end of the metal around the improvised cuffs.  "Maybe if you're lucky one of your allies will find you before some angry matoran.  Just hang around till one happens."  Chuckling at his own incredibly bad joke, Razsk starts looking for anywhere he could be of use.

IC: Kimala

She smirked at Brontes' complaint, but quickly switched to a blank stare. She stopped with a grunt and held her hand over her second cut. A faint glow appeared and she hissed. When she withdrew the hand, the cut was replaced with a burn. She was cauterizing a lot today, it seemed.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Revekk (Ko-Koro)

"At the Sanctum the guards were beaten back and scattered at the same time as we were, and I can't speak for either the rest of the guard or its captain"

I noticed how the Maru of air communicated with his comrade through a mere glance, a Team they were in earnest, I was an outsider. Nevertheless I was committed to help.

IC (Oreius, Inu)

"So the Guard is broken in two places: the Sanctum and the gate. And we're in the middle."

Korero's glance had not been lost on the Toa of Fire. Echelon was dangerous enough without strange new powers. The Lesterin had described some sort of magnetism that worked on non-metallic objects... but that was impossible, wasn't it?

He frowned. The Makuta was simply gone, not dead; Ta-Koro had been broken into by six Skakdi; and one of the island's most heinous enemies could work his elemental powers on things not under his element's control. Impossible didn't mean what it used to.

"Thank the Great Spirit, you're here!"

He turned to see a newcomer making his way towards them.

"We need a plan," he quickly muttered to Korero. "You can get these villagers out, somewhere safe. I can help hold the tide, or-" his eyes flickered to the smoking Sanctum. "-I can find out what's going on in there. Echelon's not stupid; there's a reason his forces took the Sanctum."

IC Veneras, Obsidian Outpost

Veneras finally reached the obsidian outpost after hours of walking. "wow" he stood in awe, admiring the tower built from the cool black stone. He stood in front of the doorway; dare he enter? 

He wondered if he would be accepted here. Or would he be an outsider, as had been the story of his life. 

Taking a deep breath, he let the cold air revitalize his lungs and he entered the foyer at the very least I must return what is not mine he thought to himseld as he dragged in the sled. He wondered if anyone here would welcome this hopeless wanderer.

OOC Veneras is open for interaction

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

"I knew I hear somethin' in here." Veteran stalked into the foyer of the main tower, having heard Veneras enter while he was still talking with Forger in the courtyard. "You with the hospital refugees?" he guessed. 

"We got some food and drinks set up on a table out in the courtyard out back," he jabbed a thumb towards the doorway behind him, "Ayar's out there too, she's got a mask of healing if any of youse need it. As for shelter, I'll start pulling out the tarps and tents and all that. Well, by me, I mean everyone else," he turned towards the door "Oi guys, starting setting up the tents! And find more food!"

"So mate..." he bobbed back around to face the Toa. "You got a name?" 

IC: Verulas saw the Crystal-Toa close her wound out of the corner of his eye. He had to give her credit; he'd seen people pass out from the likes of the wound she arrived at the hospital with alone.

"So," he said, trying to change the topic of their conversation to anything as long as it wasn't about the mercs. "You seem to have me at a disadvantage, Sparky; you know my name while I don't know the names of the majority of the defenders. Care to fill me in?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Veneras

The matoran immediately began running to the back where the food was set up, leaving Veneras with the welcomer "I am Veneras" he replied "and I am in your debt." he extended his hand to the one who had welcomed him "Who are you? And what creed to you follow that you welcome us so readily?"

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

Veteran shook the hand. "I'm Draygon." Normally, The Outsider's didn't reveal their real names, but normally they didn't have refugees walking into their base in the middle of the day either. He assumed Forger and the others were going to do their best to hide the fact that this was their base, and knew it would be less suspicious to refer to everyone by their real names rather than their code-names. "Why am I so welcoming? Because it's my job. Me and a couple of the matoran run the cable car from this side." 

He took another swig from the beer bottle he still held, giving himself a moment to think of a convincing cover story, "When that merc fella told me that we had a bunch of refugees coming from Ko-Wahi way seeking passage over, well... I knew it wouldn't be right not to welcome you all and help out as best I could." He gave Veneras a wide, warm skakdi smile. It was time to change the subject, "So, what're things like in Ko-Koro?" 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Veneras

Veneras felt his heart drop. Looking into the eye of the skakdi Veneras felt shamed by his own emotions. Noting the eyepatch and various scars, this veteran had clearly seen his share of pain. How could Veneras be so weak?  "my home--" he stopped. He had no home. Not anymore. "Ko Koro" he corrected "has fallen." he said, trying -and failing- to keep himself from choking up. "I have been gone for a long time. Almost a year now." he was averting his eyes from the skakdi to hide the shame "and because of my failure my Koro is gone"

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

Veteran didn't really know how to react. Consoling people was never one of his strengths. "Ah, look mate, it aint your fault. You're just one guy. You actions wouldn't have decided the fate of the whole battle. I've seen enough battles in my time to know that. It isn't about what you do, it's about the group. A team effort." He knew this from painful experience. Doing things on his own had always been his style, but over the years, he'd grown slower, weaker. In the end it had cost him his job, his reputation, one of his eyes, and very nearly his life. He knew now that it was always better to have someone with you, watching your back.

"Besides, they haven't razed the city, have they?" that was a pretty sage assumption. You didn't go through all of the effort of attacking a Koro just so burn it down. If you had the time, men and resources to take over a city of that size, you were trying to take it over, not destroy it. "Your home isn't gone, mate. One day, there's always the chance that you might be able to take it back. In the meantime, though," he cleared his throat nervously, "having Ko-Koro populated by a bunch of invaders is going to be really bad for business up here." 

IC Veneras

The philosopher looked down in shame "It is my fault. I was sworn to protect it" he retorted stubbornly. "and now I reap the consequences. No honor. Nowhere to belong... no home"

Ashamed by his weakness and meaning to change the subject he asked "what businesses? "

--Character Profiles--

"Whatdya mean?" Veteran asked, "I told you, me and the guys run the cable car. Well, they run the car, I'm just the scary skakdi they hired to make sure people actually pay the toll. But, since I doubt you refugees are going to pay, we probably aren't going to be getting any customers here at the cable car anytime in the foreseeable future..." 

IC Veneras

"Well I don't know much about cable cars but I know a thing or two about people" the philosopher replied

"And these residents seem to have a lot of loyalty for cable workers" he said "and obsidian is difficult to mine and harder to craft. Seems like you have quite the establishment" he complimented

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC: Zekev

Seriously? Injured and defeated and he still used his Kakama.

A swing of an axe in front of him and a concentrated blast of lasers should do the trick.

IC: Joskander stumbled and gasped in pain as another laser burst struck him in the back, but kept running regardless.  There didn't seem to be any chance of continuing the fight, and he was intent on putting as much distance and obstacles between him and the Skakdi as possible as quickly as possible.

OOC: Pretty sure he's too far away at this point for swinging an axe at him to actually do anything.  Just saying.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

OOC: Obsidian Outpost isn't actually made of Obsidian, we just call it that. Fits with the theme of being right next to the Break. 

"Well, it's like I said before. Teamwork. We all got to pull together and rely on each other to stay alive up here. As for this place," he rapped his fist against the coarse stone wall, "we just hired a couple of stonemasons from Po-Wahi to come build it for us. Nothin' fancy. Now... any more questions?" he was started to get a little suspicious of this Veneras character. He seemed to be asking a lot of questions... 

OOC sorry someone in ta said it was made of obsidian

IC Veneuras

Veneras shrugged, "You'll have to forgive me. It just been so long since I've seen family like you guys have here" he began nervously twirling a small blue object in his fingers as he tried to hide his jealousy and loss

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

"Ah... okay..." Veteran found himself once again unsure how to react. "I guess you could call us a family;" of outcasts, he added to himself. They didn't call themselves The Outsiders for nothing. "So, this merc guy a friend of yours?" he pointed back towards where Forger was helping the Matoran set up one of the shelters in the middle of the mini-arena. "Just walks in here, tells us you guys were showing up, and starts strutting about like he owns the bloody place." 

IC: Kimala

When she arrived, laden in Matoran, she set about dropping off her charges and helping others settle in, providing some more crystal insulation, and an extra hand where it was needed. The Obsidian Outpost, hm. She'd never been to Ta-Wahi before (and if she was honest, she wasn't sure if she wanted to) so she'd never been by. It didn't seem bad, a small, tight-knit community was always nice... She sighed heavily as the thought reminded her once again of the first time she'd lost her home.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord