BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Helios (Naho Bay)

There's a lot of things you could say about Gravity. That he's hyperactive? Definitely, but at the same time he's one of the friendliest, most talented writers you'll...

Hang on, that's the wrong Gravity

On the topic of the element of Gravity, I have this to say:

See, understanding Gravity is easy enough once you realize what it is at its most basic level: a force that, when it hits something, pulls that object in the direction it came from. All I really have to do is change that direction, and I can do all kinds of freaky stuff. Mainly courtesy of Colx, although he was more concerned with how I could use Gravity to wreck stuff. He is but a Skakdi, with all of a Skakdi's weaknesses.

I, personally, quite enjoyed the subtler implementations of my power like the gentle fluctations in this all-encompassing force that allowed me to see, in a way no other power could replicate.

I was sitting in a generic lotus position somewhere on the shoreline, my eyes closed and my face scrounged up by apparent concentration, letting the wast expanse of my power really fill me. I sense the fleeting blur of someone taking a dive into the sea, riding on gravity to make a spectacular splash, I sensed where gravity worked against someone by acting on the large crate they just lifted.

Truly, it was a wondrous feeling.

Perhaps because of my total immersion, I lifted slowly off the ground, levitating there like a sage of considerable years.

OOC: Helios is open for interaction

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar took a step back, raising his hands defensively.

"Now, you might think that inebriation is a strict progression of sober to drunk," he said warily, "but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a huge ball of wibbly-wobbly, drunky-wunky...stuff."

He paused, frowning as he looked back at what he'd just said.

"Basically," he continued, "no slappin' the Cappin' unless 'e tells you to, savvy?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Jarkale

(Ga-Koro, Great Takea):

"I think I'll go for a Ruki salad and some ale too", Jarkale said. "I usually go for a heavier meal, but I've heard Ga-Koro knows how to make salad well."

A waiter arrived, taking the orders of the Po-Matoran and the Toa of Plantlife.

"So", Jarkale began as they waited for their meals. "I've been meaning to ask you about what you think about Rerus, Gravus and Ignitus...what are your impressions on them?"

IC: Liano

Liano had taken his time, steadied himself, took careful aim, setting up the ideal trajectory course that would lead the steel-tipped projectile straight into the reptile’s skull. In a moment’s tension, his breathing slowed as he sat motionless, hidden by the jungle’s dense foliage. A few seconds more, and then the arrow would fly.

One perfect shot.

One perfect shot he never got. Leaves suddenly rustled further down the clearing, veering the Tarakava’s attention to the source of the noise, and by extension, its head. Barely concealing a swear, Liano silenced himself for fear of being detected and in imitation of the Rahi, he swiveled his gaze to meet whatever had caused the disturbance. The Toa’s eyes widened at what they saw, and for the briefest of moments, the sight distracted him from his disappointment but more importantly, his impending sense of urgency. By the edge of the forest stood a familiar Toa of crystal Liano recognized all too well, his ice-blue armor catching the moonlight like a jewel.

Crasaro.

In an instant, the two towering beasts let loose a powerful roar of combined ferocity, dashing towards their new prey before the hunter had the chance to react. They began to close the gap with frightening speed, though one faltered, then stopped in its tracks entirely, screeching painfully. An arrow had struck it from the side, finding a fleshy home at the base of its torso though the wound was more of a nuisance than anything. Liano, now invisible, snuck around unseen and seconds after the first shot had been fired, a second quickly ensued, the projectile zooming out of thin air, only to strike the same beast in its left arm this time.

The Tarakava’s full attention was now diverted elsewhere, just as intended. Rather than face the Rahi’s twin wrath, Crasaro only had to deal with a single opponent, drastically improving his odds if he had any motive to fight like Liano did. Going home empty handed wasn’t what the Sarsi of earth came here to do, so he repeated the exact same method over and over again: fire, disappear. The process was long, what with several arrows required to kill the beast, and with its fast approaching, the game grew a little more daring by the second.

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

Vail sighed, yet there was contentment in his exhale.

"You intrigue me too, Brother. You're a tough man with strong words, one who isn't afraid, or at least act like you aren't. I admire that in you, but even though you're seemingly made of steel, I can see there's more than meets the eye." He turned his head to regard Voulge, and chuckled lightly. "You know, now that we've been talking, I don't feel so afraid anymore. Your courage has allowed me to see my own in a new light, so I thank you for that."

Vail turned away once more. He had seen his Toa brother lose it and break down in tears. Arguably the strongest macho man of the Sarsi had fallen to his knee's in despair, alone in a world that was against him. But Voulge was a one man army, unwilling to let himself be defeated by the darkness. Vail had watched his tears dry, and his anger slip away. He had watched him stand tall once again.

Vail still clutched the crumpled metal ball that Voulge had given him. Although the Toa of Iron seemed to think of it as trash, Vail had accepted it as a gift.

"I possess a mask that gives me all the physical strength I desire, yet I wish I had the inner strength that you hold with such undying perseverance. We are of different worlds, yet we are not all that different from one another. The world is against you, the world is against me. We are both empty, lonely souls."

For the first time in a while, Vail smiled with sincerity. A little bit of hope had been restored inside of him.

"Tonight you have shown me that even though the darkness tantalizes us both, we must always keep our eyes on the light."

Vail looked at the crumpled protosteel that rested in his fist.

"Even if the going is slow, I believe there is a chance that we can one day reach the other side."

IC: Crasaro

The Tarakarva was frightiningly fast. It darted towards Crasaro at speeds that didn't even seem appropriate for a Rahi that size. Crasaro stumbled backwards, foot caught on a branch, and he landed neatly on his rear. He looked up, and saw the creature bearing down on him. Crasaro raised his disc launcher, and aimed to fire a disc into the creature. He fired, and the projectile embedded itself in a tree. Crasaro got up, and ran away from the thing, hoping he could outrun it. He turned around, and caught a glimpse of it through the trees. Crasaro stopped, and actually took aim at the oncoming Tarakarva. He activated his Calix, and shot the oncoming beast in the sholder. It bellowed, and continued it's charge. Crasaro took aim again, and this time he hit the right sholder. The Tarakarva's limbs hung loosly, but that didn't make it any less of a threat. It kept coming for Crasaro. Crasaro unsheathed his blade, and extened it. "Bring it, you stupid lizard."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

"I'm sure you are a very capable woman Theriss, given your past and your ability to keep the precarious Sarsi together. I merely wished to extend a gesture of goodwill to you, like gentlemen of old." LoJak took a sip of his water, refreshingly cool in the slightly warm restaurant.

"So few people nowadays appreciate the meaning of courtesy and gestures. Most forget that those are the few things that separate us from common Rahi. If those of us that do remember neglect to perform those duties, then Makuta may very well have succeeded despite his defeat."

The waiter returned, asking LoJak and Theriss for their orders. He asked for barbecue marinated Kane-Ra steak well done, and preferably also done well, with a side of light salad. Simple, elegant and tasty - most couldn't ask for a finer meal. Theriss ordered her food and the waiter left, leaving the two Toa alone again.

LoJak studied the Toa of Stone in the low light. The atmosphere seemed to reveal a slightly different aspect of Theriss that LoJak hadn't quite noticed before. Her presence was still regal and commanding, but there was something else that LoJak couldn't quite place. He pushed the thought out of his head. Overall, Theriss appeared pleased by the choice of restaurant, and there was a look of genuine interest on her face by what LoJak was saying.

"I suppose you'd now like to hear about that part of my life that lured you here tonight?"

IC:

Malak'et stood by the water's edge, watching the Toa of Gravity float above the shore. He seemed not to notice the green Toa's presence.

"Hello there" Malak said. "How are you today?"

ooc: Thats Helios.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC Xerrand

The Toa of lightning approached the Koro. He closed his eyes to breathe in the salty air. He loved the ocean; nothing amplified his element like a solid body of water.

Although he was on a mission, he still liked to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. But he couldn't delay too long; He was looking for someone. A Toa.

Gazing across the beach he approached a Toa of Gravity. Standing close behind him he calmly states "Lovely day, isn't it?"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

I most certainly hadn't noticed the Bo-Toa. The sudden disturbance broke my concentration, resulting in a... actually not all that spectacular splash as I plunged into the shallow water by the shoreline.

I got up, the sunlight playing on my dripping Kanohi like moths to a flame. There were times were having golden armor could be very distracting, this was one of those times.

"I'm well enough" I replied, giving as much of a smile as I could muster given the circumstances. Thankfully I hadn't been wearing anything extra, my equipment was tucked under the shadow of a nearby palm.

"I just wish people would stop sneaking up on me during my me-time. It happened yesterday, too"

"I'm going to assume you are well, too?" I prodded.

"Lovely day, isn't it?"

Given that I was still soaking wet from top to bottom, having another Toa suddenly show up was less than perfect, to say the least.

"It would be even lovelier if people stopped running into me in embarassing situations" I replied sarcastically.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Ahh, well I'm sorry then, I know exactly how frustrating it is to have one's 'me time' interrupted" Malak'et said with a friendly smile. He recognized the Toa of Gravity from Akiri Hahli's hut, a side glance that had proved quite fortuitous and mean't that the Toa hadn't seen Malak.

"It's just that I saw you thinking, I have a problem I can't solve myself, and I thought we could help one another.. Two - excuse me, three, minds are better than one, aren't they?"

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Do you, now?" I asked, immediately interested.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize. If now is a bad time I can come back later. "

"Like the other one said, three minds are better than one" I said as I finally waded on shore, shaking my limbs a little to dry myself at least somewhat.
"So," I asked expectantly, clapping my hands together, "what can I help you with? And better yet, what should I call you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Malak'et stood aside as the Toa with a golden mask shook off some of the water that had drenched his clothing.

"You can call me Malak, from Le-Koro. And I think we should be helping you with your problem first, considering the misfortune we've already caused" Malak said while waving arm at the sea.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Thanks for the offer, Malak, but this old thing has seen a lot worse" I replied as I pulled my black, unassuming cloak over my head, quickly maneuvering it to hang by a nearby branch. The sun would do the rest, easy-peasy.

"Name's Helios" I responded to Xerrand's question.

"That takes care of my problem," I said with a cheeky smile, "so what about yours, Malak?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Well Helios, I've recently begun employment at the greenhouses here in Ga-Koro, but I seem to have lost my security pass you see. I think I dropped in the water yesterday, so it'll take a while before I find it." Malak frowned, obviously distressed.

"I'd ask for a replacement, but seeing as how I've just started, the embarrassment might mean my being 'let go' as they say. And to make matters worth, I have a project in the greenhouses that'll be completely destroyed unless I can get in and care for them. And if they're destroyed, well, I'll be 'let go.' Quite the pickle, you see. Any suggestions?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Ah, a colleague, was it?

"Well, my best guess is to take it up with Eutuchia, Hahli's secretary, he's bound to have a register somewhere." I said innociously. I resisted the temptation to stroke my chin with a thoughtful expression. I was not sage material, at least not yet.

"I mean, if you have a big project and all going on down there don't you think somebody else would at least be aware of it?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Tuarn seemed to begin to ponder this,

"I can hardly form an opinion, I haven't known any of them for long enough. Still. I like all of them, they all seem to have a wandering spirit and I can respect that. I haven't seen any of them in a crisis situation yet though."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC:

Malak gave a half-hearted chuckle.

"Big project? No no, not at all. They would never give a project like that to a new hand. I'm just running my own small... delicate project. And like I said, I can't go to Eutuchia. If I do, I'll lose my job." Malak sighed.

"What I need is either some way to sneak in or a forged pass until I find my real one. Don't suppose you have some amazing artistic talent do you?" Malak said sarcastically. "Or maybe you have another problem I can help you with first?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"That is a pickle" I admitted, finally succumbing to my desire to let my fingers graze my chin.

I remained like that for a while, the only indication of time passing the gradual sensation of the sun drying off me and my clothes.

I lit up very suddenly, my golden armor seemingly shifting from a dull nuance to a joyous hue.

"Tell you what," I said, "I'll go to Eutuchia and tell him I've lost my security pass. My position is somewhat unique, so I think there's a chance he'll be more lenient with me"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Malak's eyes opened wide, his face suddenly beaming with excitement.

"That could work. That could really work! " Malak'et began saying excitedly. "If I left now and used your pass, I could get in save my plants. There'd hardly be any damage. Helios, you would be an absolute lifesaver if you helped me with this! If you don't mention me nobody will ever find out about my little gaffe, and my career won't end as soon as it started..."

He looked up Helios.

"Is there anything I could do for you in exchange? There must be something I could help you with. It would be the least I could do, if you did this for me."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Liano

As the game of cat and mouse dragged on, Liano's dwindling supply of arrows was a cause for concern. The Tarakava, bloody and marred, withstood the full brunt of the assault with surprising endurance, its body rigged with the shafts of many, many arrows. Whether it roared out of pain or savage rage, Liano couldn't tell, he was too busy worrying about the beast's tenacity in a fight. At this rate, he'd be forced into a close combat scenario and considering he had nothing but a measly little knife, the idea didn't seem too promising.

He continued to sneak around invisibly, silently observing the giant lizard's aggressive investigation. Large, splintered holes left their mark on the surrounding trees and the smaller ones toppled over as a result of its wrath. Liano couldn't hide forever and sooner than later, he had to take action.

Concentrating on the spot where the Tarakava currently stood, he began channeling his elemental powers. The ground beneath the Rahi started sputtering and in its confusion, he released the energy, causing a small-scale eruption to take place. A large amount of earth shot up violently, knocking the creature down on its side, stunning it and grinding the already embedded projectiles even deeper into its body. Deactivating his Huna, Liano emerged from cover in a mad dash towards his prey, knife in hand ironically. Before the creature could register what had just occurred, the young Sarsi was already there, digging the blade of his weapon into its neck. It jerked violently, screeching in agony as he twisted the hilt and before he could see what was to come, a solid jab struck him right in the chest, sending him sprawling through the air and onto the ground a few meters away.

Stars danced across Liano's vision, followed by dark blurs of movement, while pain ran amok where he'd been hit. In his daze, he struggled to regain balance and stand back up but when he did, the monster was already dead. The struggle was over.

He had won.

IC: Rynekk -- Naho Falls Tunnel System

Who do we want to be? Why do we want to be that? And, most importantly, is that what we're going to become?

Once upon a time, I thought I knew the answers to all of those questions. I wanted to be a hero, because that was all I had ever wanted to be, and I knew I would become one in my deepest heart of hearts; where my dream burned beyond where any shadow of doubt could come and obscure it. My head was full of stories about great warriors; about the Tahus and the Pohatus and every other man and woman who had risen up against the evil in the world, and who went on to become legends when their day was done. Every mirror I looked into as a child held visions of my future glory, of an era where the darkness would cower before the might of Toa Rynekk, protector of the realm, the spirit of stone and king of all heros. The man immortalized in song and story for millennia to come.

But not all stories are happy ones. This story, this isn't a story about the kid who faced unbelievable odds to win his rightful place in the world. This isn't the story of the man who was beaten down every time he tried to reach for something greater than himself. This isn't even the story of the hero who was struck down by an old foe, and who crawled back out of the muck and mire for a second chance. This is the story of a guy who had it all -- had it all -- and tossed it all aside for power. The legend of the Toa who sold his soul for a security blanket, the chump who sacrificed his principles for profit, the fellow who gets played by the darkness like a common knave.

Kids, don't take life lessons from stories; fiction is fiction, life is life and never the twain shall meet.

The darkness will sing you any song you want. It will promise you any wish. It will tell you every reassuring lie in the book. It will smile at you and shake your hand and wish you a good day while it writes up the contract for your soul. The darkness is the one-night stand that leaves you all alone and staring at a wall of bas-reliefs trying to find the meaning in this story of yours again. Never trust golden sociopaths. Always go looking for your friends after demons attack a wedding. If you murder someone, hand yourself in; don't go and become a cop. Stuff like that. Cliff notes for my autobiography.

I walked over to the tapestries, brushing against the cold rock with my knuckles, examining the carefully crafted pictures adorning the walls. There was a ghost and a giant being crushed by rocks. There was a lizard being bled with the precision that only a dagger can provide. There was death. There was life. There were the same few elements of a story being repeated over and over again; misery, suffering, philosophical bull###### about the depravity of the universe and our pain within it. They call this stuff art. I call it derivative.

I call them black. They call me kettle.

I glanced down at my feet, watching the patterns that the mist formed as it swirled around them. I tried to imagine those shapes, those alterations, as strokes of paint being applied to a canvas, making wonders out of the mundane. But, in truth, all I saw where worms and grubs stretching blindly around my legs, searching for their next meal, the next corpse to come their way. My mind wandered back to my old sanctuary, where my Parakukas writhed on the ground, lost in the shadows, wracked with hunger, crying out for relief. Relief that I gave them.

But beyond all that, I saw the mist as nothing more than a mass of water vapour pooling around me, rotting everything it touched like poison. There was no meaning in it, there was nothing deeper to be found within the swirls and twirls and pirouettes of the fog. It was just there. Like everything else; it's all just there, without explanation, without validation, without implication. There is no purpose to it. There is no Freudian excuse to explain it all away.

No justification.

No meaning.

Heh. Who's derivative now?

In a blinding moment of clarity, I looked deeper into the tunnel, and wondered if there really was a purpose behind my existence here. I decided that there wasn't. That's not actually as depressing a realization as you'd think it would be; if there was a meaning to my life, right now, then I would either have betrayed it a long time ago, or it would be a meaning that sickened me to my core. It would mean that at the end of this tunnel would be ######, or a heaven that I don't want any part of. But without meaning, then I was free to carve my own path, and dictate what my life is meant for.

With a wave of my hand, a stone path rose up from the ground, elevating me above the mist, leading me into the dark. I gripped my spear in my other hand, reminding myself that I was still armed, and that I still bore some mark of my past. I walked, deeper into the shadows, with a hero's gait, trying to recall all of the times that I had done my duty as a Toa. I tried to look every part the noble paladin, even if I didn't feel like one. Because if my life didn't mean anything, I could be whoever the Karz I wanted to be.

Like a hero.

Like a saviour.

Like Toa Rynekk.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Thank you, thank you so much Helios. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. You've just agreed to save my future. Thank you."

Without warning Malak'et jumped forward and wrapped his hands around Helios, hugging the Toa of Gravity as hard as he could. After a few moments he finally released him, stepping back and apparently struggling to regain his composure.

"Do you - do you suppose I could have the pass now? I need to get to my project as soon as possible, so I don't want to waste a single second."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: Keep in mind that anyone who does work on/in the greenhouses will always do so under the observant gaze of the Ga-Koro Marines, how's your little scheme gonna fare then? :glare:

I spent a few seconds gasping for breath, a sense of accomplishment welling up within as I accepted Malak's thanks.

"Sorry, no can do" I replied with an apologetic shrug.

"I left that at my office, It won't be any faster than talking to Eutuchia"

"But since you're in a hurry, let's make a deal. I'll go and take care of the security pass, you go and wait by the entrance to the Marine HQ."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Yes, of course. I'll head there straight away" Malak said, nodding quickly.

He began walking backwards. "Thank you once again for saving me my job. If there's anything I can do, any way I can stop you from being embarrassed, just let me know."

Malak'et broke into a light jog towards the Marine HQ, eager for the future.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Theriss

She could understand the gesture, but all the same it seemed more than a little old-fashioned. Despite that, it seemed to fit Lojak very well. A man of the past, living in a time that was a lot darker than the one he knew. If anything, he seemed to almost sorrowful at times. Perhaps it was merely memories of better times. "It is one that is gratefully accepted, if a little surprising."

Good memories of the past were in short supply for her, the only good times she had even been through were the years when her business was at its prime. Before that was a period of sheer suffering, and before that a time of confusion and sadness. Now she was living in a period of nervous desperation, merely hoping that she could reclaim some semblance of the live she had lived for such a short and wonderful time. If the Toa Sarsi proved incapable of doing what was needed, there left only the path from before... and she would never return to that life without putting up a fight.

Makuta winning through a loss of courtesy? Perhaps, or perhaps it had been fading out long before then. Many of the people that now inhabited the island had come from lands unknown, perhaps ones where the name Makuta had never been heard, and yet they seemed to act no different from those that had suffered under him. "Perhaps, but I feel that these other differences between Rahi and people are just as important, perhaps more so."

Perhaps it might be a slight surprise to Lojak, but Theriss' choice in food was a Kane-Ra steak of her own, cooked rare and with little seasoning. It was the exact same meal that she had ordered only a short while ago, even with the upscale change in venue. It was a personal favorite of hers, something that had perhaps taken on a little more meaning than just food. It was the meal she most often ate when money was far more plentiful, a little taste of the past and a pleasant meal for the present.

Along side the steak she ordered nothing else. The steak itself would be enough of a meal, and the option of a salad was something that really didn't appeal to her. She much preferred meat over any sort of vegetable, most of which were barely edible in her mind. Fruit was more acceptable, but nothing really matched having a delicious meal of steak.

For a moment, LoJak seemed to be lost in thought, staring towards her. She wondered if perhaps the quick shining of her armor had been perhaps a little too much. Then he seemed to snap back to his mind, and spoke the question she had been waiting for. "Yes, If you are willing to speak of it. I really don't mean to impose unpleasant memories upon you."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Barthel Deliresi

One thing I hadn't thought about when choosing a drinking establishment was that poor shape and low prices meant poor quality liqueur. I spent a good amount of time sitting there, staring at the cheap excuse for a drink. "Worse drink I've ever had." I mumbled to myself. Unfortunately, the barkeep overheard me. After some heated words with the man, I ended up finding myself laying on the lily pad outside with blood dripping from my face. Don't remember what happened in between, but I'm sure it hurt.

I rose from the ground, dusted myself off, and used my handkerchief to clean my mask and face. The cool night air flowed over me as I walked the streets. "I'm eventually going to have to move on when they can't assist in my goals any longer..." I mumbled as I turned down a side street. "But until then I can enjoy being a member of a team for awhile, can't I?" I questioned under my breath as I strode back onto the main streets. I found my way to the beach, the seclusion a nice change from the streets. I strode farther down away from the village, and rested upon the sand, my feet in the water.

Looking up to the sky, I reached out a hand, clutching my fist around one of the stars. "Remember, I'm just working with them as a means for Fate to rise me above the rest. They may be the closest thing I've had to friends and family in a long time, but they are just a means to a goal. I don't need them, what I need is to be greater than any other. I mean, that is what I truly am destined to do, isn't it? No, stop second guessing yourself. I must take hold of everything. And then, I shall be the one others look at with discontent in their hearts. I shall be the one with everything. None shall be superior when that time comes. And I must make this a reality, no matter the cost."

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

IC:

"No not all, don't worry. I'm happy to share my past with you."

LoJak sat up a little straighter in his chair, leaning his elbows on the table and holding his hands together, fingers intertwined. He breathed in deeply, preparing himself for the story he was about to tell. He usually just skimmed over it when telling people like he had at the Sarsi's inaugural meeting. Theriss had surprised him by being so inquisitive about that dark time in LoJak's life. Now that'd he'd had a chance to think about it, LoJak decided that he owed it to Theriss to tell her the complete story. She was the Sarsi's leader, and she deserved to know about the members of her team.

"As I've already said, I and a team of other Toa decided to launch an assault on Makuta, venturing into the tunnels beneath Kini-Nui with the hopes that our numbers would provide a definitive victory, once and for all. We were ambushed. One moment we were in battle-ready formation, the next we were being killed and attacked from every direction by Makuta's minions. In the confusion I managed to escape through a side passage. Some others might have survived too, I'm not sure...

"I wandered for a few days underground, trying to nurse my injuries. By the end I was so exhausted I could barely walk. I couldn't even light a flame. Nothing can be more embarrassing for a Fire Toa, you know. Having to walk in complete darkness, with no light to see where to go. Hurts a Ta-Toa's ego like an icicle through the heart. Eventually I managed to find my way out to the surface somewhere in Po-Wahi. I made it to the Koro and uhh. I...I walked into a bar. And I almost never came out."

LoJak paused, staring down at the table to try and remember events as clearly as possible. He took another sip from his glass of water.

"I started drinking. A lot. I don't know why served me, actually. I didn't have any money and I was in no condition to do any work. Maybe I was too violent during my hangovers, so they thought it would be easier just to keep me inebriated? I'd like to think so, but I doubt it. I have some memories, fragments clouded in shadow... I remember threatening someone. Some people. Not really my proudest time as a Toa. I think I even hurt..."

"I died. Twice. I was rushed to a hospital and some healers managed to save me. You'd think once would be enough to convince a Toa to stop drinking, but no, not me. Kept right on at it, even after the second time. I just wanted to escape the pain, forget about my all my friends and what had happened to them. I guess... in some strange way I didn't want the healers to save me. Dying would have made things so much simpler.

"Then, one day I had thought. Maybe I happened to be a little more sober that hour, or maybe particularly drunk. But whatever my state of consciousness, I realized I couldn't remember. Months of my life, just complete... blackness. Trust me when I tell you that to have a portion of your life just be gone is the scariest thing you can ever experience. It's like having a part of your very being ripped away, and you'll never get it back. No idea of where you were, what you did, what you said. Losing a portion of your life is infinitely more terrifying than dying.

"So I turned a new leaf. I left that bar. I devoted myself to the Three Virtues, and a fourth: Temperance. I decided to live up to the Toa Code, and... the rest is history, right up to me sitting in this restaurant with you, a woman that is the leader of the Sarsi and who has the most exquisite violet eyes. " LoJak said with a beaming smile, looking straight at Theriss.

The waiter returned carrying two plates of Kane-Ra steak. He deposited the one with a side of salad in front of LoJak, the other by Theriss. The Ta-Toa dug his fork in the Kane-Ra, cut off a small piece and chewed on a deliciously juicy piece of meat.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC

The Toa of lightning smiled gently. He was a charismatic Toa; charming and friendly. His smile was able to convey that he had a sincere interest in you. "Yes, there is something you can do for me." He said, now staring at the deep, vast ocean. Turing back to the Toa of gravity he followed, "I'm raising an army."

--Character Profiles--

Hupp, seems I've run into one of those ambitious types. I don't know what tipped me off first. Maybe the fact that he specifically called it an "army", a less self-serving person would be more likely to use the term "Toa Team" or something along those lines.

"For what purpose?" I asked.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC

Xerrand's eyes furrowed a bit. Looking more solemn than before he replied, "The only purpose an army can serve: war." He looked back out the ocean and closed his eyes; his charming smile gradually returning to his face

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

Oh, great, it was one of those guys. I supposed I would have to spell it out for him.

"OK, then let me rephrase that. An Army in service of whom? Who are you fighting? What are you fighting for?"

If Xerrand could answer those questions adequately, I might become interested.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...