BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

"This was your idea," Wisp said encouragingly, stepping back to let Mirra speak. 

"Uh, hi," she said sheepishly, before repeating it, louder and more confidently this time, so that she could actually be heard. "We're new in town," she explained, "do you know anyone who'd be interested in the services of a pair of Toa?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Angitu

Angitu smiled under his helmet at the nervous toa. 

"Wait, wait wait. Let me guess." He pointed at the female toa. "Ice?" and to the male. "Earth..maybe?"

"Services, huh? Like what?" He said, amused that they sought out probably one of the only other mercenaries in the inn.

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC: Mirra & Wisp.

"Crystal," Mirra corrected. There was no point in lying to this guy if they expected him to help him. It was best to be honest with him, "but ice was the look I was going for. Anyone who gets on my bad side receives a nice little surprise when they find out what I really do. But as for Wisp, here.." she gave him an affectionate pat on the shoulder, "...he's a little special."

"Well, I am special... Wisp mused, taking another puff of his cigarette. "I'm a Toa of smoke. Big surprise!" 

"Say it a little louder, why don't you?" Mirra said dryly, "I don't think they heard you over in Onu-Koro." 

"Anyway," Wisp started drawing weird patterns in the smoke of his cigarette, "as to what kind of services we offer, pretty much anything, but keep in mind that we still keep to the Toa code as best we can. I'm Wisp, by the way."

"Mirra." she introduced herself.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ic:

Krakan didn't like bars, or taverns, or any place in particular. He just wanted to find a job with good pay and get it over with. Unfortunately, due to the mishaps with The Pirraka recently, Skakadi weren't that welcome nowadays.

Not that there was much sympathy towards Skakdi to begin with.

He turned on his infra-red vision to check out the place. Toa and Matoran. "Great", he thought.

"Just what I needed."

He turned off his infrared vision and set out towards the bar. He placed his gun on his back and opened the door. Nobody had seen him. Good, no trouble.

Yet.

He went to the bar and sat down. He waited for someone to come along and take his order. Nobody usually did. "So much for the charity of the Matoran", he thought to himself.

Ooc: Krakan is open for interaction.

Edited by alijar

Angitu hmm-ed at their elements. "Unusual, but pretty cool." He said under his breath.

He sighed at the mention of the Toa Code but kept his opinions to himself.

"I see, funny you mention services, coincidentally I'm in the same line of work."

He laid his left hand down on the table, his entirely-unarmored-except-for-one fingers apart. He took his knife in his right hand and quickly tapped the table with it's blade between each finger, hard enough to make a thump but not cause permanent damage to the table. He then laid it down next to his hand.

"Angitu." He said, maintaining eye-contact.

"Okay, that was impressive, even for me."

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

IC:

"I can surf a little bit." Liara pointed out the window, towards the beaches in the distance. People could dimly be seen, among the waves and on the shores. "Mandatory to learn a little, when you move to Ga-Koro. I prefer to swim, myself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

".." The Toa hid a snicker behind her coffee mug, drowning the sound out with the hot drink. Quickly followed by another, she idly drummed her fingers against the table, eyes riveted on the beach in the distance. She almost though she could make out some details, but if she was honest, it was too far to tell.

"I might."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Captain Raknar Seprillian yawned into one chiseled bicep and popped his tongue along the roof of his mouth testily. Through the lean portholes he'd had built into his bedroom, Seprillian could see the sky beginning to deepen, watching different hues brew into the sky like paint dissolving and combining in a cup of water. The swirls reflected off the water peacefully, and the laborious sound of his bassy breathing echoed to create the ambiance of rocking -  well, that and actually rocking. The reinforced hammock swayed underneath him, pushing Song closer to Raknar or Raknar closer to Song as it swayed. They rattled about like peas in a particularly turbulent pod before Raknar yawned again and looked over at Song.

"What'd we tell 'em?"

"An hour."

"How long we been screwin' around here?"

"Four."

"Think they found us?"

"I think your vague attempts at directions were sufficiently befuddling - nigh nonsensical, in fact - so as to keep them from finding us for at least the rest of the day," Song commented cheerfully, and together they sat up from the hammock.

Raknar pushed himself to the floor and walked over to the Kanohi Kartayl beside one of the portholes, checking his reflection in the gleaming silver surface and polishing his teeth off with a finger until they gleamed white.

"Should we go and shepherd 'em in?"

IC:

"Might you? Interesting." Til rolled his eyes, the first visible break in his deadpan countenance for a couple minutes, and sipped his coffee with a grin. "Clinic closed for the day?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"So, you're what, a mercenary?" Mirra guessed. 

"Do you know of any jobs in the area?" Wisp added quickly. 

Ic:

Looking around, Krakan (ooc: oh wow, I only just realised how cheesy that name sounds) didn't really see anything noteworthy. Sure, there were a few matoran, at least a dozen of which saw him, a couple of toa, nothing noteworthy at all really. The place was quite nice. Kinda reminded him of home, before the war. The toa, while not noteworthy, were... Interesting. The one he presumed was the "toa of smoke" was the one standing up, seeing as how he heard him through the door. What a stupid ability that was. Besides him was a toa of ice (ooc: done in purpose). A female one though. That was different. The one sitting down wasn't any better either, just showing off his "skills" by jabbing a knife between his fingers. Krakan recond he could do that twice as fast.

Nothing special at all here.

Ooc: Krakqn is open for interaction. *nudge nudge wink wink*.

"Bingo, you got it, on the first try, too." He said to Mirra, then cocked his head over to look at Wisp.

"This guy must be new to the concept of mercenaries, asking one if there are any jobs." Angitu thought to himself, he looked past them to see a skakdi seemingly looking at the group.

"Actually, yeah, I thought I heard something about that guy" He motioned towards the skakdi checking out the group. 

"Oh, this is gonna be great."

"Think he needed help with something, You two might be just what he needs." He lied

OOC: *That's you, alijar. (edited to correct description of alijar's character)

Ooc: krakan (oh god I need to change that name ;-; ) is a Skakdi, not a toa, otherwise he'd be sitting with you lot. But anyway, yay interaction! \o/

Ic:

Krakan was bored out of his mind. It had been five minutes, and nobody had taken his order. He was rapping his fingers on the bar table, and turned his head back towards the toa at the table, like a tired old dog, head on hands.

He saw the toa sitting down talking to the ones standing up, and then he nodded at Krakan.

"Oh boy. First sign of action and it's about me. Racists." Krakan thought to himself.

Edited by alijar

OOC: Edited

"Go on, he..probably won't bite?" Angitu said to the two toa infront of him.

"Hm. Better think about an exit strategy in case this all goes horribly wrong." Angitu looked around to find the nearest route to the exit, only using his eyes which were unseen behind his visor.

"Okay, thanks." Mirra said brightly to Angitu.   

Wisp followed her over to where the lone skakdi sat. He seemed to be the only being in this place who wasn't a Toa or Matoran. "Angitu over there tells us you needed help with something?" he explained, blowing a smoke ring into the air above the table, right next to Mirra's face.

Mirra  coughed, waving away the smoke before continuing, "You need a pair of Toa mercenaries for anything?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: "Oh buddy, you don't even know the half of it. Lemme tell you, one time I had some crazy chick pull a bow on me just because I sat down on the same bench as her. Like," he injected a pause here to illustrate his incredulity, even after all this time. "She was watching a battle with the thing at full draw, right? So I show up, and I see that and I'm all 'how long you plan on holding that?', all casual, right? And you know what she does?"

He gestured to a building nearby.

"Screams her lungs out at me and just Jumps right up on top of the hut and starts shooting. Ga chicks be crazy, dude. Take that one to heart."

OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXz60f0HLU

IC: Cage

"Heh. Questionable drinkability of the water, perhaps?"

Ic:

Seeing the two toa coming towards him, Krakau lifted his body upwards to reveal his full height, and to lure off any possible fights that may happen.

The toa of smoke blew some smoke form his cigar into the air, making Krakan cough. They seemed to think he needed some mercenaries.

"Uh, no. See, I'm a mercenary too... Of sorts. So whatever your creep friend said over their, you can forget it. Now lead me alone to live out my life alone. I said scram!"

Wisp whirled around to face Angitu, one hand reaching towards the crossbow on his back. "You think that's funny?" he snapped.

"Calm down, it was just a joke, I'm sure..." Mirra tried to calm him down. He always lost his temper when he thought someone was taking advantage of her, or insulting her, or... well, anything to do with her, really. He was the most overprotective boyfriend she'd ever had. "Let's just all relax, okay?" 

"Fine." Wisp growled, but he didn't move his hand, which was now gripping the crossbow tightly. In one swift motion he could bring it around and fire. Whether he did so would be entirely dependent on what Angitu had to say for himself. 

"I thought it was pretty funny, yeah." Angitu stood and started making his way towards them, making sure to put the crowd between him and the crossbow.

A few moments passed and he came out of the crowd in beside Mirra, Angitu did a sensei-bow. "I appreciate you not letting your friend shoot me." He threw his hands up in a shrug as he looked at the other two.

"Well, guess I've got to work on my sarcasm, but uh, in the future generally asking a mercenary if there are any jobs for mercenaries doesn't end well. Hey, I knew a guy who woulda attacked you the moment you asked. Not me though, I'm just that nice."

OOC: Hmm. Eventful  :annoyed:

IC:

Looking back on it, perhaps that wasn't the best idea. It almost got that stupid rock toa killed - but it almost got him killed too.

Still though, it was good to know that they were in business - then he could follow them and get all the best jobs before them, perhaps even besting them in a fight. But for now, he just waited, for both a drink, and for the toa to leave.

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"We aren't mercenaries, exactly..." Mirra said hesitantly, "we still have standards, and the Toa code and all of that. Think of us more as... Heroes for Hire."  

"Perhaps we should back away from the skakdi you made us annoy," Wisp suggested bitterly, slowly taking his hand off his crossbow. 

"Sorry we wasted your time," Mirra added with a smile, "we're new here, and..."

"...Angitu is a jerk." Wisp finished, glaring daggers at the other Toa before addressing him, "since you clearly don't want us interfering with your potential mercenary contracts, perhaps you could point us in the direction of a guardhouse or another inn or bar or something where someone more amiable would be willing to hire us? Unless your attitude has improved in the last five seconds, that is." 

Mirra cleared her throat, "What Wisp is trying to say is..." she wasn't really sure, "never mind. If you want us gone, we won't waste any more of your time." she waited patiently for Angitu to respond. 

"Look, it's nothing against you two, I was bored." Angitu began, enunciating the word 'bored' with his hands as if that was to explain everything.

"May not look it, I've got no clue what this place has to offer for the way of jobs either. Shame about your standards though, So much more lucrative jobs to be had without them." He turned and started walking away, getting to the door before he turned around.

"And lady, if you know what's good for you, keep your pal in check before he bites off more then he can chew."

He began walking out the door backwards.

"Seriously! I've seen muaka that were less eager to fight!"

And with that, Angitu had left the inn.

IC: Mirra & Wisp.

"Well... that was eventful." Wisp muttered with a scowl, flicking the tip of his cigarette, which had fizzled out. 

"Now what do we do?" Mirra asked.

"This was your idea," Wisp reminded her, "it's your turn to come up with a plan." 

"Oh... great..." Mirra grumbled, sitting down at the table Angitu had just vacated. "I guess right now, we should order some drinks." 

OOC: Open to interaction... again...

IC:

"Technically? No. But if there's a genuine emergency, there's a hospital they can go to. So, provided I've got a good enough reason, it can be closed."

IC:

"If we want to keep a crew, then we probably should gather them up." The Vo-Toa answered, sliding easily from the hammock and onto her feet. She stretched absentmindedly, waking her muscles up with an arch of the back. "They get too bored or frustrated and they'll just wander off."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"That one'a the things you learned being a teacher who calls down the forces a'nature on unsuspecting kids?"

IC:

Til beamed and spread his arms apart.

"Shoot, Liara, who's more reasonable than me?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"They don't stay unsuspecting for long, if I'm doing my job right." The First Mate replied, allowing a little lightening to crackle between her fingers for emphasis before buckling on her sword belt. The all-weather coat she'd taken to wearing followed, plucked off of the hook near the door.

"Plus, if you leave them alone too long, their numbers increase."

IC:

"Everyone who has ever walked the face of this island with their sanity intact, Colonel Throw-a-Rock-at-the-Hostage-Situation."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Raknar grinned and walked over to Song, placing his hands on her shoulders and pressing his thumbs between her shoulder blades to limber her up. With an emphatic kiss to the back of the head Seprillian reached over her to grab his own Muaka-fur jacket and buttoned it up to his sternum. 

"Well, not like you ain't guilty of a bit'a hypocrisy on that count."

IC:

"That was a one-time incident, or my uniform is full of bees."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Mirra & Wisp

"So, what do we do now?" Wisp asked, downing his third drink. He pulled out a lighter and lit up another cigarette. 

"Put that away! You know how I feel about you smoking and drinking." she waited until he stubbed out the cigarette before continuing. "I guess we should tent a room for the night?" Mirra suggested woozily, hiccuping a little. They'd both had way too much to drink. "Although I doubt we'll be doing much actual sleeping." she added, winking flirtatiously at him. 

Wisp smiled. She was always flirty when she was drunk. He liked that. Quickly staggering over to the bar, he payed for their drinks and rented them an upstairs room for the night, before helping Mirra up the staircase. For now, they could forget their troubles, but come morning, they would still be back to square one; a pair of code-bound Toa mercenaries with no jobs. 

IC:

"You're far too smug." The Le-Toa noted, draining her mug of coffee and moving to refill it. "And you still haven't explained any of these queries."

IC:

"Oh, don't even."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You know, when you get to all this half-hearted chidin' of me for my cunnin' forays into your psyche, I get to thinkin' I might kinda love you a little. S'a weird, weird thought."

IC:

"Well, I'm taking you surfing. Duh."

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Should be a disturbing one, given what it indicates for your mental health. You have met me, right? Remember that I went pirate because I got bored?" The Vo-Toa remarked dryly, a small smirk taking shape at the corners of her face. "Because I'm pretty sure that makes you certifiable."

IC:

"And what makes you think I'd like to go surfing?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Let the record state that it was me who got you piratin' in the first place. If our paths had never crossed in the Magma Lounge you would have never known the good life of drinkin' grown men under the table and sunbathin' all playful-like on the deck. I take partial credit for your slow but effective corruption."

IC:

"When don't you want to go surfing with me? You haven't grown up that much."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Vakua and Casanuva exited the Great Takea, Mura and Nunonu in tow. Vakua opened his mind to the entire group.

So, what's the story with the arm?

Casanuva chuckled and shook his head. "Alright, alright. We were traveling to Ta-Koro from Le-Koro-"

Le-Koro? Did you hear anything about the evacuation?

"Evacuation?" Casanuva looked a bit confused, but perhaps not as concerned as he should have been "No, it seemed in fine condition when we left. Something happen since we left?"

Interesting. Yes, something happened, but Kalyss and I will fill you in from what we learned from radio reports later. Anyway, continue. You were travelling?

"Walking! Yes. Our guide opted to take a shortcut through an old cave. We find the remains of an old mining operation, and a box. Box has a creepy De-Toa in it. You should meet this guy, a real headcase. He has a Tryna!"

Vakua recoiled. A kanohi of Reanimation? Toa actually wear that? That's... perverse. Whatever floats his boat.

"Yeah. Kinda puts you and your Suletu in perspective, don't it?"

I'm thankful for my mask, since it helps turn what others might perceive as a weakness into an advantage.

The two toa seemed lost in memory for a few seconds. "Well, anyway, then some giant bug rahi attack us."

Vakua turned his head at Casanuva, and lifted up his visor with one finger, silently raising an eyebrow. His yellow eyes shined brightly.

"Yeah. I really think the De-Toa should have given us a heads-up. So, this big nui-kopen attacks us, and I decide to try that technique I never quite managed to pull off back in training."

I remember it vaguely. It was the... uh... electromagnet, right? Or was it that rail thing? I was studying frequencies when you came up with it.

"Railgun technique. So, using one of the ball bearings I carry, I put my hand like this," Casanuva said as he held out his left hand, making his thumb and index fingers parallel to each other, "... and I just aligned the magnetism fields I generated around my fingers very, very carefully, and used the force exerted by them to accelerate the ball bearing through the nui-kopen."

Wait, through?

"Oh yeah. Left a little hole, but made a big mess on the wall of the cave. It was going really fast. Faster-than-Kalyss-fast."

That's... really, really fast, considering she breaks the sound barrier like you break hearts.

"Oh, you wound me good sir." he said, smirking as he placed his wounded arm over his heartstone in mock shock.

So your hand?

"Yeah, turns out something moving that fast without the benefit of a Kanohi that's built for it generates a lot of friction. Never touched my fingers, but it moved so fast it ignited a bit of air. Next thing I knew after I let loose with the railgun, my hand was on fire, and the bug's innards were splattered against the wall. I didn't see any water in sight, so I plunged my hand into the nui-kopen's wound."

That can't be sanitary.

"It wasn't. I was lucky enough our guide was friends with both a ga-matoran healer and a smith. In fact, he's helping me now; I've been designing a new sword that can be used to use the rail technique, with the bonus of not catching limbs on fire."

Why aren't you there, then? I would think you would want to oversee the construction of your new toa tool.

"Well, Nunonu and I were heading here anyway, and, very conveniently, we need to find someone to make some of the reloading mechanism for the sword. Po-matoran named Ry or... something."

Vakua closed off his mind once again. Ry... that sounded familiar. He would withhold that particular tidbit for now, at least until things were worked out with Kalyss. While he pondered the actions available to him, they reached Vakua's hut. It hadn't a long walk back to his rented domicile, the residential lilypad lying between a greenhouse and a fish market. Wonderful smell, with the fertilizer and the dead fish. He pushed the sliding door open, and Kalyss was inside.

She didn't look up as she was poring over an old map. "Hello. I picked this up off an observatory; we can use this map to schedule expeditions to find the others."

"You know, I'd like to think it was my magnetic personality which drew us all together, but I can accept pure dumb luck as well."

Kalyss looked up. "Casanuva," she said coldly.

The Fa-Toa smiled and opened his arms. "What have you been up to, Kalyss?"

"Not much. Helping people, planning, being a responsible toa. You know, everything you don't do."

Kalyss folded her arms, then looked to the onu-matoran that had also walked in.

A thought from Vakua entered her mind. Nunono. Traveled here with Casanuva from Onu-Koro. Don't know much else.

Kalyss left the map and walked over to Nunonu, crouching and offering a hand. "Hi, I'm Kalyss. Casanuva's sister. What brings you here?"

The times, they are a-changing...