BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I feel like those two aren't even comparable." The Le-Toa remarked, eyeing the counter as the hostess prepared to bring a pot of coffee over, before fixing her eyes once again on Tillian. "Not even in the same ballpark."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"It was an innocent--" Tillian had been about to say gag, but the hostess had walked over with the pot of coffee; the surfer reached over and poured himself a cup, mixing cream and sugar into the brew with a mischievous slant to his grin. "--jape."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The Ba-Toa received a look that, very clearly, said I know what you were going to say, as the Toa opposite him poured a large mug of coffee, and stirred in a minute quantity of cream.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: (Mura)

That must be her team member, but they don't seem to be taking to each other...

The su-matoran was aware of something probing at his mind, but it was probably nothing...

OOC: Can Mura "hear" their interaction?

Ic-Ry

"I can`t do that but i`m sure i could help some how ."

OOC: Vakua would not have included Mura in the mental conversation, so no, he wouldn't have heard anything until she spoke up.

IC: Kalyss and Vakua walked back to the two matoran. Vakua waved at Ry.

"Mura, this is Vakua, my brother. Toa of Sonics, and telepath."

Vakua opened his mind to all in the vicinity, and bowed with a flourish as Kalyss introduced him.

Sup.

"He doesn't talk."

I think they gathered that.

Kalyss nudged Vakua's shoulder. "You don't have to snark, you know."

But it's so fun! Plus, its virtually impossible for me to get caught if I don't want to.

IC (Mura)

"Uh, um, hi." he said awkwardly...it was weird having someone else in his mind. He didn't know how it worked: did he have to "broadcast" the message to Vakua, or could he see into his mind already? Realising that this was probably the case, he tried to not think anything rude about the De-Toa, but ended up thinking I wonder why he doesn't speak? anyway. 

Feeling Vakua's mind brush against his, he hurriedly tried to change the subject.

"So, um, what brings you to Ga?" he said to Vakua, who he hoped hadn't "heard" his thoughts.

Kathok

IC: Vakua silently chuckled.

De-matoran don't talk much anyway, we have sign language. Never could talk, even when I was a matoran. As for why I'm here, I figured once I washed up I would need to start anew, didn't know anyone else I knew was here. Got myself a night job playing music at a local restaurant and got myself a small abode; you guys want to stay there while we figure out what to do next?

"You got yourself a job? What, planning to retire?"

Gotta sleep somewhere, and it helps that I do a job I am good at and love doing. Don't you want to go back to playing Kolhii eventually?"

"Well, yeah, but... whatever."

The times, they are a-changing...

The Su-Matoran was a little embarrassed by Vakua having heard his thoughts, but the Toa didn't seem to mind too much.

"Well, I've been working on a new kind of water purification device, so I might as well work on it while we're here, but I mainly came...well, I don't really know what I came for, but the adventure I guess. I've got a few widgets, but I have no idea how long I'm staying or what to do next..."

Kathok

IC:

"You keep trying to act innocent." Liara commented, staring at him over the rim of her coffee mug as she took a sip. Even afterwards, she kept it cupped in her hands, enjoying the warmth. "You're not. I'm not buying it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

The Su-Matoran was a little embarrassed by Vakua having heard his thoughts, but the Toa didn't seem to mind too much.

"Well, I've been working on a new kind of water purification device, so I might as well work on it while we're here, but I mainly came...well, I don't really know what I came for, but the adventure I guess. I've got a few widgets, but I have no idea how long I'm staying or what to do next..."

IC: Yeah, I'm pretty chill about hearing those kind of thoughts. I mean, I hear everything, every thought that is related to me nearby, unless they are actively blocking it out. Used to trouble me, but I grew thicker skin and learned to take things in stride.

Kalyss knelt by Mura, unaware of that last thought. "You can stay with us, if you like. We'd just be using Vakua's apartment as a temporary place to rest and plan. We'll probably be heading out in a couple days; we also need to start figuring out what's happening on this island. We're going to need to start asking around and starting a plan of action."

Why yes, sister, this complete stranger can stay at my place.

"Oh, what else do you have there, sound equipment?"

I have a radio. Not that great, though. No good music channels.

Kalyss looked impressed. "Radios? Never thought this island was that advanced. That will definitely help."

IC:

As the beast continued its many armed assault, striking from every possible vector, Sinshi found the dance growing ever more intricate, her blades lashing out in precise, elegant patterns. More often than not, when one blade flew, one of the beast's many arms recoiled in pain. If it was given the chance to retreat at all. There was no real expression on the Menti's face, merely a focused determination. Her Kanohi worked at full capacity almost unconsciously, permitting her feats of speed and agility that allowed her to keep up with the monstrous assailant.

She knew not when she found herself all but back to back with the Commodore. On any other occasion, she would have been honored; to fight alongside Ayaiwah was a privilege, and one she had not expected. On this occasion, however, it barely registered. Her movements adapted to the Commodore's, supplementing and complementing her own strikes. Soulsswords and limbs danced as one, extensions of their wielders' bodies and identities. The two, almost without thought, aided and augmented the other. Their coverage of their own blind points and their nimble actions provided a wall of defense, as solid as any physical one, between the gunners and the beat. A whirling, ever-moving barrier, punctuated by brief glimpses of glowing psychophysical energy.

As the Ryu shook, however, Sinshi's feet slipped, nearly sending her tumbling down, and more likely than not, all the way down the sides of the craft to the water. Only a swift, Calix-enhanced hook on the deck kept her from losing her balance. When the two massive appendages wrapped around the deck, she, for the first time, paused in her movements. There was naught that her actions could do against the tree-like limbs, they were too large for her blades to even make an impact. Her indecision was resolved, however, by the Suihei gunners; their actions would deal with the limbs.

Furthermore, another was in need of aid. The Battlemaster had been grasped around the waist, and unlike Arisaka, his Soulsword had lesser ability to cut; nor was the tentacle placed in a way so as to be productive to it. She mentally gauged the distance between them, and judged it to be minimal; she had not moved far from when she aided Arisaka, and her Calix would permit her the swiftness of foot she required. There was, as well, a lull in strikes towards the gunners. 

She would never have a better time.

With a brief, Ideatalk warning (more sentiment than words) to Ayaiwah, the Menti made her decision in an instant, darting forwards to the captive Menti. The tentacle holding Dakte had already raised him above easy reach with her blades, and a jump in such precarious circumstances could be a potentially fatal endeavor. That left, in truth, a single option; the Menti was not entirely sure it would work. In the seconds it took her to reach her target, however, she knew she had no alternative. With practiced ease, she hooked the tips of her blades together, and relinquished her grip on the left.

In that instant, she swung the now-combined blades, their point of hooked connection allowing an extended, inverted strike with the blades near the hook sword's hilt. With that move, the target was now within her extended reach. As she swung, the Menti, for the first time, allowed a brief moment of prayer to Zuto Nui; maintaining her Soulsword when it was away from her grasp was not something she could manage for extended periods, not yet. But all she needed to do was maintain it for these few seconds, these brief moments in time. Just long enough to free Dakte.

This blade is an extension of my soul. If I falter, so does it. 

As it swung towards the offending appendage, the blade remained whole, though she could feel the strain of keeping it that way.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tyrus / Streets

The Lesterin glanced back as the Toa stumbled, grunting in mild admonition, then looked back to the front. He never even stopped walking. "I suppose that would be the trick, wouldn't it? That's why I prefer hunting the old-fashioned way, what with your own two hands. No risk of an interloper coming between you and your prize there."

IC: The Angler / Streets

"Close enough to the truth," I said, omitting the part of the story when I started angling ... things that weren't fish.

"And to add on to Sudo's bit, and speaking as a man who's survived the sinking of the Kumu Islets, not to mention having spent the last half of a year either living in a Lighthouse full of Xa-Koronan criminals or the gaols of Ga-Koro ... please don't attempt to mutiny against the First Mate. She's somewhat frightening."

IC: Daijuno / The Chisaii Ryuu

Oh ######--

The squid was clever, apparently; clever enough to figure out that it was easier to drown this ship than crack it. I grabbed hold of the hatch's lid as I felt the Ryuu list dangerously to one side (not to mention muttering obscenities enough to make the sailors around me blush had they not been in fear of their lives), swinging myself behind it to keep my weight from pulling it closed.

Goddess, I'll need a smoke after this.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Wherya (Ga-Koro)

"Coming from you I guess it means something." I remarked, still scouting around for any glimpse of the actual ship.

"So, do we wait for the Captain and First Mate to introduce themselves or would you rather we know beforehand?" I asked, while putting my notebook ready in my open palm. Maybe some ideas would strike me from a vague description or something...

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Viloz

Viloz was the second one out the door. The door swung open with a slight creek and closed all the same after he stepped out, eyes squinted against the morning sun. In his hand was a piece of bacon.

"Morning." he said, chewing the last bit of his food as he approached Rhow. "Thanks for the meal. The others should be out soon, I think."

IC: Casanuva took a step away from the De-Toa. "Yeah, I remember why we're here, but I'm not about to go asking random strangers if they've seen a po-matoran named Ry."

Casanuva rocked back and forth on his feet, keening slightly.

"In fact, I was thinking we should split up. Nunonu and I will search the town, and you can get supplies, and look for him without some tourists looking around."

IC: Nunonu

Nunonu spent most of the walk thinking up potential designs in his head, none of which he could manufacture on the road.

"Nunonu and I will search the town,"

Nunonu shrugged at Casanuva's suggestion.

"Sounds good to me, should we be off then?"

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC - Nameless:

The Toa scratched the back of his head as he picked up the pace. "W-Well, I've never really been able to enjoy hunting like t-that. I-It's been the only way to get food..." He kept his cloak hugged around the slug on his back and hoped that the bulge was slightly lesss conspicuous.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC:

On one of the out-lying lily pads of Ga-Koro sat a man who was a rather odd site for the area. Ta-Matoran generally stayed in Ta-Koro, and most Ta-Matoran had neither a cane nor blinded eyes, and yet this man had both. He wasn't doing anything particularly out of the ordinary, simply relaxing and sipping at a glass of water, basking in the rays of a sun he'd never see again. However, he wasn't the calmest person about the Koro - it had been a while since last he had travelled and returned again to the village of water, and he wished to travel again.

Eventually his impatience got the better of him, and he stood up quickly, leaving his now-empty water glass behind, the metal ferrule of his cane - smartly capped with a wooden end, so as not to harm the platforms on which he stood - leaving indentations in the lily pad as he walked - he knew the route he was walking well enough, so he didn't think he needed to use it to find his way. So he resolutely walked to he knew not where, simply moving and hoping something might come to him.

After he ran head first into a much larger being, he sighed, wishing he had been careful to use his cane. It looked like he wasn't the only one who was travelling the Koro's equivalent of back alleys today. He stood, turning to the beinig who he had run into - a Toa, it had seemed to him - and speaking. "Sorry I ran into you."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Silo, if you would pardon a day or two's worth of timeskip...

IC: There's no way to tell. We'd be lucky if they gravitated towards any of the settlements we know of.

"Yeah. I suppose we can use Ga-Koro as a base of operations while I scout out at the other Koros."

The group reached Vakua's hut; it was a medium-sized dome like many of the others, and shared space on a lilypad platform with several others. Vakua opened the door; a desk, one bed, a few lightfish lamps, and a few windows angling the sky. It was nearby a greenhouse, which cast a harsh light now, at sunset.

It isn't some fancy loft, but it was the only toa-sized dwelling I could afford with a few day's tips, since I've been playing nights at the Great Takea. You guys should come sometime. For now though, let's see about getting you guys some mats.

The next day was very sedate. Kalyss was up before dawn with her morning exercise routine, running (or maybe patrolling) the perimeter of the Koro. Whether it was on water or not didn't seem to matter to her. After the second run-in with the Marines, she was advised to keep her runs to within the village, or on the beaches, which Kalyss obliged. When she got back, Vakua was listening to the radio while cleaning parts of his armor after a morning swim.

Things are bad. Ko-Koro is about to fall, looks like, and Le-Koro is being evacuated. Ta-Koro is rebuilding, you said you came from Po-Koro, and Onu-Koro is refusing aid to Ko-Koro, as is Ta-Koro. Looks like if you want to find the Kalta, you'll have to pray they are just hanging out around Onu-Koro and Ta-Koro. Otherwise, it'll be a whole lot harder to search these dangerous areas.

"Why don't we go for these crisis areas? We are two toa, we could be able to make the difference! And maybe the others are there, as well!"

Vakua silently sighed, shaking his head.

It's not that simple. The people out there know what they are doing, it won't be a sure thing defeating them. You have even more memories than me; for all our elemental mastery, all of our training, do you ever remember killing someone?

Kalyss sighed. "No, I don't remember. But if I was against someone who was a danger to others, and couldn't be stopped another way, I would. I know I would."

Vakua looked at her. Right at her. She felt more laid bare than if he had invaded her thoughts and probed her memories.

How do you know you can make the right decision? Who deserves to live, who doesn't?

"Are you questioning my leadership, Vakua?

No, I'm not. Because you are not leader of the Kalta, not yet.

"Aelied isn't here, and I am second in command! That leaves the command of the team to me!" Kalyss shouted. Sparks of plasma erupted from her joints.

Vakua stayed silent. His eyebrow raised, and Kalyss realized how much of her aggression had come through, whether she had spoken or not.

I'm sorry I pressed you. I shouldn't have done that much.

Kalyss looked down and sighed, then put a hand on her brother's shoulder. "I'm sorry too, I should have listened to you better. If I'm the leader, I should be responsible for the lives of the entire team. Not just mine."

Vakua smiled, and slipped on the last pieces of his armor.

It's fine. I'm heading out to the Great Takea. You should try to get your hands on a proper map, and plan out your trips. I left some widgets in the bowl on the table, should be enough to buy a good map. If not, check out the observatories, they might help.

Vakua made a short wave before exiting the hut. Kalyss leaned back against the bed.

"Well, Mura, you up for some shopping, or are you gonna stay here and work on that water purifier?"

Casanuva could barely contain his laughter as he and Nunonu walked into the sprawling pathways of Ga-Koro.

"I can't believe we're finally here! And all it took was an assassin, an insane de-toa, and a severely burnt hand!"

Casanuva turned around as he walked to ogle a pair of tall ga-matoran walking by.

"This place. Is. GREAT!" Casanuva laughed and looked towards the morning sky, not a cloud to be seen.

"We could do so much! Swimming and sightseeing, eating and sightseeing, listening to music and sightseeing..." Casanuva looked at Nunonu.

"You know, maybe we should start with something simple."

Several lilypads away, Casanuva heard a unique beat coming from a large building up ahead, with a sign outside declaring itself 'The Great Takea'.

"Hopefully there isn't a cover charge. Let's go!"

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC: Soraya  [The Chiisai Ryu]

:Akimoto, Soraya: keep an eye on those engines, I want all the power you can get from them. Helm: coordinate with engineering, we need speed. This thing wants to drag us down and I will not have this ship dive without orders.:

"Works for me," she muttered.  "Aki! What do we need to do to get this thing roaring? Worst comes to worst, we'd better go out ramming this thing head-first, not getting sunk like a Zataka-taken bath toy."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

The omnipresent nature of criminals and liars was something that vexed the Toa of Lightning to no end. Even in the most backwater (in more ways than one) of locations, evil was to be found, wreaking havoc and sowing chaos. However, this was one day in the village of lilies that nothing extraordinarily evil was happening, and so the Vo-Toa was wandering the leafy streets, searching for some sort of justice-lacking situation to encounter.

Instead, a situation found her, that "situation" being a tiny little Matoran with fiery markings on his armour. The being caused her to trip, him being so low and also not terribly weak in stature and build. Glayv, upon realizing her rather awkward predicament, pushed off the ground with her foot and execute a hastily-planned vault over the little man. Collecting herself, she turned to him as he apologized. "Not an issue, sir," she replied. "Just try to watch-" she began, then cut off, noticing his cane. "Oh, apologies, sir. I had not realized."

IC: Nunonu

Nunonu couldn't help but smile at Casanuva's joy. 

"It's quite nice, I agree."

"Hopefully there isn't a cover charge. Let's go!"

"I'll follow your lead." He said, keeping close to the toa.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC:

Ferre laughed, not surprised in the least that his blindness had been missed at first glance. "Few do, until I point it out to them," he said, still smiling in the direction of the Toa he couldn't see. "Believe it or not, I grew more of a reputation as a wanderer after I went blind than before." He leaned on his cane/walking stick, thinking for a moment. Based on the jingling he had heard, this Toa - for he had no doubt it was a Toa, based on the voice - was either more armoured or more armed than most Toa, or at least had a different armament. First, though to guess the element of the one he was speaking to. It sounded like a female to him, and he was in the village of water, so he would, for once, go with the average assumption.

"You're a Toa of Water, I presume? What is your name?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tyrus / Streets

"What we do doesn't matter; it all comes down to survival," Tyrus replied, bringing one hand up to his brow to shade his eyes. The Marine headquarters was in sight, proud and poised like the most dutiful soldier, the most confident general. The Lesterin smiled slightly as he looked at it. "Anything can be enjoyed, from a certain point of view. Fighting, talking, working ... even, as you say, hunting."

IC: The Angler / Streets

"Cap's a Skakdi," I said, waving one hand (with five fingers; I've learned my lesson) airily. "Friendly guy for the most part, if a tad on the uncouth side. Handsome, I guess, but I think he has something against vegetarians too; if you don't eat meat, I'd just keep it to yourself.

"The First Mate's a Toa of Lightning. Pretty attractive, pretty tough, pretty clever, and it seems like the captain and her are, uh, y'know?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Casanuva led the duo into the tavern. There was, fortunately, a standing audience. The music was loud, so Casanuva had to raise his voice to be heard.

"I love this song!"

Then Casanuva paused. He liked this song. He loved it. That couldn't be right. Why did he remember this particular song? Casanuva looked for a musician, or speakers, or anything: nothing. No elevated stages, and the crowd wasn't facing any particular direction, besides dancing. The music seemed to be emanating from the air and building itself. The crowd was matoran, mostly, but there were a few of the taller species he had seen occasionally. He then looked to a corner, where one toa was standing, his hands in the air like he was conducting an invisible orchestra during a legato movement, despite the volume and upbeat tempo of the music.

Vakua, Casanuva thought, is that you?

The musician jumped, the beat skipping for a fraction of a second; not too bad, since it blended into the eclectic sounds anyway.

Casanuva? Hold on, let finish this.

Casanuva felt a bit disappointed that the song seemed to come to an early end. Didn't stop him from muscling his way through the crowd towards Vakua. The De-Toa was sitting down at a table in the corner, nodding thanks at strangers who tipped him a few widgets before leaving. Casanuva pulled out a chair with his leg opposite of him, and slid into the seat. He elected to hold the conversation telepathically.

You have no idea how glad I am you're here! I didn't think anybody I knew was on this island!

I'm just as surprised as you.

What have you been up to?

Before I answer that, I need to ask you some questions.

Casanuva looked quizzical. Uh, okay? Shoot.

How much do you remember?

Uh, well, that's a tough question. I remember the training, of course. Feels hardcoded. I remember the Kalta, too. Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing, considering most of the team. Besides that, not much. Like, before I heard you playing music, I had forgotten I even liked that song.

Vakua smiled, and leaned back. Well, glad to help on that front; one of the few things I remembered from home, the same way. How long ago did you show up?

Casanuva scratched his mask. Hmmm. Maybe... a week? Can't say for certain.

I woke up on the beach about six days ago. Would fit with the timeline we were working on.

'We'?

Vakua smiled knowingly. Casanuva remembered he never liked what happened when Vakua smiled like that.

I guess you'll find out.

"Oh," Casanuva spoke aloud, "I should introduce you. I met up with a matoran in Onu-Koro, we've been traveling together since then."