BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kelz and Ryza.

The two pirates continued wandering along the dusty streets, Kelz in front.

Ryza hung back, bored and tired. 

OOC: open for interaction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kale Ironshaper- Fowadi- Ostia

IC: With the creaking thump of wicker bumpers hitting the pier the Fowadi slowed to a stop. With a swing of his arms Kale sent the metal reinforced gangplank sliding down to the dock.

People instantly began moving up and down it, the crew wad due for some shore time and the ship needed resupply. The harbor guard would make sure nothing happened to the ship while they were away. Before shore time could start something needed to be done though.

The trail of prisoners that left the ship was longer than one might have expected. In addition to Rehn and his mercenaries there was also the crew of the three pirate ships who had survived the fight. Needles to say, the brig had been slightly cramped on the way home. The more dangerous criminals moved with a slightly stiff gait as the group moved through the town. Kale had fused most of their major joints in addition to removing masks and covering the face of any Skakdi in a metal shell to prevent escape attempts.

The walk to the jail drew stares from the locals, there must have been at least twenty prisoners in the convoy. Such catches were few and far between. Despite the commotion they were causing and a few last ditch escape attempts from some of the more desperate pirates the trip was a quiet one and they were shortly handing off their prisoners to the ones who's jobs it were to take care of such people.

Their official duties over, Kale had one last thing to do before he let the crew go. Turning to the group behind him, he spoke.

"With the the mission is officially over. Those of you that were hired temporarily to help out are now free to go." There was silence for several seconds before he continued." However if you wish to become a permanent member of the crew we will be glad to have you for as long as you want to stay."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Merla

"I..."

Merla considered Kale's offer. There wasn't much work available for a person of her specialty and she hadn't heard from Kaithas and the rest ever since the Makuta's defeat. All this time, alone in the desert, keeping to herself; she needed a change of pace.

"I think I will take you up in that offer, sir."

Ic: "Welcome home, sir! It's been 82 days since you were last here. There's a stack of memos for you on your desk and—"

"Po-Koro is not my home," Stannis interrupted tiredly as he hung his halberd on the rack by the coffee table and brushed the dust from his legs and ankles. "It's where I work from."

"Well, you are the city's protector and this is your house, so..."

"I may be it's toa, but my duty is to Mata Nui, and the Massif is my home. Not even this house is mine as it's held in trust by the city, and by the way, you still haven't even told me who the bloody ###### you are." Stannis sat down in one of the simple armchairs by the ashen hearth and crossed his leg over his knee as he looked expectantly at the chatty Matoran who inexplicably made herself at home while he was away. 

"Oh! Sooorry!" she said, slapping her forehead and almost knocking her mask off in the act. "Hi! I'm Morian, your secretary." She cracked a charming smile and fidgeted with her clipboard as she awkwardly stood by the kitchen doorway. As if to add a final touch to her role she had a pencil tucked neatly by her ear.

"I don't need a secretary," Stannis scoffed and perked his brow in consternation. "I do fine without one."

"Yeah, well, Akiri Hewkii and Guard Captain Rogers politely disagree," she pleaded with some measure of power. "You're always away doing things and habitually neglect the reports and memos sent for you, and, honestly, this house was becoming pretty crummy while you were doing hero biz, so I was assigned to look after it, keep track of records, chronicle your activities and look after you when you're here. Really, I'm more your live-in office manager than anything, also responsible to be the liaison between the city and it's—and I'm sorry but there's no tiptoeing around this—neglectful toa."

"Well, thank you for your work but I'm here now, so you're dismissed. I don't need a secretary, final." Stannis bluntly said and leaned his head back to stare at the ceiling. He needed to rest and this women continued to press on him. He was already tired of dealing with people and he had only been back to society for less than an hour."

"With all due respect, Toa Stannis... that's not your call," she stated and stepped a foot forward. "I work for the Akiri. In a way I'm like this house, held in trust for you by the city for as long as needed, and not at all under your authority. Sorry, sir.

The Maru leader laboriously leveled his head and looked fuzzily at Morian for a moment. "So now you live here, too?" She nodded thrice quickly and exhaled a barely audible Mhm. He narrowed his eyes and looked a moment longer before sighing deeply and leaned his head back again. "Then I suggest we begin this relationship by respecting each other's boundaries. Right now, I just need to rest from the road, and your brain is doing my strained nerves no favors. So please, leave me be. We'll figure the work out later."

"Sir, I get that you're tired, but that's the same sort of attitude that led to this much work piling up and I really think—"

But Morian was cut off again, this time by Stannis' snoring. 

It was genuine snoring. She'd checked.

Edited by Queen Anora Mac Tir

OOC:

Continued from last post.

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi

The moment glowed and faded, as moments always do. Rhea and her team lived it, ended it, moved on with time.

Back to business.

They marched on, made an abrupt right turn down a sidestreet to lose the curious eyes and prying ears, a quick detour past Tavern Row just to be sure, and finally ended up all by themselves in a quiet little alleyway not far from the shipyards.

Rhea paused a moment here, letting her associates fill in around her in a sort of informal Kolhii players' huddle before she said anything.

"Alright. Action plans. I'm heading over to the docks first thing, get the red tape and paperwork squared away. If anyone wants to come, feel free; the rest of you, just... stay out of trouble for a while, I guess. We'll pull out again to-night, and this time by sea."

Funny, how simple that sounded. But maybe that was how it ought to be. Maybe some things were better left understated.

"All clear, then? Any suggestions?"

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Forsi)

"I'd like to see this ship of yours, Rhea. I'm coming with you"

Zelvin made a casual nod in her direction, otherwise she didn't make much out of herself, for once.

"I might need to find Karv something to eat, it's been a long trip, and the desert isn't particularly full of wildlife"

My own stomach rumbling was muted!

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Gavarm was about to reply when he felt the ship glide to a halt and Kale speak. At once, the moment fell to pieces. There was nothing more to be said.

Yet it remained locked in his grip as the watch, he supposed. Kol was always capable of salvaging the magic here. Was that possible?

Gavarm decided he would find out.

He simply nodded, intrigued by the idea of an unfinished story if disturbed by it, then held out his fist for Rynekk to bump.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC:

Alright, Rhea/Nero/Zelvin to the docks; everyone else elsewhere. We'll just assume Avier is drifting along with the 'everyone else' group unless Wade shows up and decides otherwise.

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Forsi / En route to shipyards

"I'd like to see this ship of yours, Rhea. I'm coming with you"

"I might need to find Karv something to eat, it's been a long trip, and the desert isn't particularly full of wildlife"

'I'll find us a place to eat, in case some of us are hungry."

"I'm up for whatever, as long as it doesn't look suspicious."

Rhea nodded quietly. "Alright. Sounds like a plan; clear out, everyone."

Her gaze flickered to Nero's, an
d an unspoken understanding was between them for an instant, and then he powered up his Volitak and turned away and in a single lithe chain of parkour motion stepped back to get distance and sprang and rippled half-seen in the air-- too fast, too nimble; no way someone so big could move like that but he did-- along the rough-cut stone walls of the alley, back and forth and upwards and was gone. Just like that. Overhead across the rooftops. Like he'd never been there.

But he was.

And Rhea smiled a secret little smile to herself, just a small one, and then turned quickly and made a slight bow from the waist to her eldest companion.

"I would be honored to accept your company, Zelvin. Shall we go?"

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Forsi)

"Yes, let us" Zelvin agreed with a simple nod, making less out of the gesture than was perhaps appropriate. For a second she spared a glance through the corner of her eye at the spot where Nero had disappeared. She had to admire the Le-Toa's almost natural ability to pick up on where Rhea wanted him, and it told her a little about both of them.

I nodded and turned around, stepping out of the alley with Karv and the other in tow. Something to eat would definitely do some good right about now.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: The Standing Stone was, as coffee houses go, a fairly reputable place. It kept an open-air patio on the roof for those patrons who preferred their meal with a view, and for those who were not preferential, the first-floor dining area was sufficiently well lit. The whole place was constructed in a modern sensibility, fluted columns holding up the storefront and elaborate mosaics decorating the walls and floor. The clientele kept a good business all through the day, typically closing after the sun set, so a party of Toa and Matoran entering the establishment one at a time and taking seats at a table on the rooftop was not an unusual sight. Their meals were hardly remarkable, either--Maha steak, or Ruki fillet, or perhaps just a mug of coffee. The group, to all appearances, was hardly remarkable.

A Toa of unusual plumage sat down among them, her appearance drawing a few admiring glances from other parties across the patio. She ignored them, unperturbed by lecherous gazes, and made herself comfortable. Her armor was quite unusual, her arms and legs bearing flares etched in the style of wings and her mask forged in an avian style, its blue Y-shaped visor obscuring her gaze. Her lithe body was covered in patterns of white and tan, obscure patterns with some symbolic meaning or other--she had never bothered to explain it to any of them. The Toa leaned forward and placed her elbows on the table, steepling her fingers in front of her.

"I am pleased that you have all decided to attend. I must admit that when I sent my missives, you would be too uninterested or too fearful to hear me out." She stated. "But here we are. I will explain my theory, and then you may challenge it as you wish.

"Let us begin with the facts. Hewkii has been leading this village since the death of Turaga Onewa, and in that time we have experienced isolation, fear, institutionalized paranoia. Our economy has suffered from being cut off from outside contact. We have walked on the edge of war, we have seen militarization of the Koro unlike the worst ages of the Dark War. Now, we can hardly assume that correlation equals causation, but if we examine the situation, we can see that the Akiri has either been responsible for most of these issues or, at the very least, responded weakly to them.

"He was the one who began the policy of isolation and militarization--that much we know. From there, let us examine: isolation has cut off many merchants from their clientele in other Koros, causing their businesses to suffer. It has prevented us from importing many valuable foodstuffs and resources that our Koro needs to prosper, and the Akiri's attempts to replace those with local-grown supplies have been...middling, at best. Hardly enough to replace what his policies lost.

"Then there is the problem of war. I am not blind to the politics of the outside world, and I trust none of you are either. We have many times been on the verge of invasion, and what has the Akiri done about it? Nothing. He sits in his office and signs paperwork while the other Koros eye us with suspicion and reach for their weapons. If we do not defend ourselves we may as well sign over our freedoms right now.

"And that is hardly the worst of it. I am certain you have heard the rumours, of illicit spy rings and under-the-table deals that Hewkii brokered to retain his hold on power. I cannot at this time substantiate them, but I am certain they will all come to light.

"This list of grievances is unpleasant to list, but I can only come to one conclusion. Akiri Hewkii is unfit to rule. He must be removed."

One of the Matoran stared at her incredulously. "Are you insane? That's treason!"

"No. To let such a leader remain in control of our Koro would be treason." She said icily.

"So what are you proposing?" Another Toa asked. "Start a referendum to get him voted out?"

"No. At this stage, such an option is far past. The Sentinels--refuse and scum given badges and legitimacy--would disperse us on Hewkii's orders within a day. No, we must avoid direct confrontation with his people."

"...What are you proposing, then?" The Toa asked, with a sick feeling in his stomach as he got an idea of what the avian Toa was going to say.

"It is quite simple." She stated. She displayed a small talisman in one hand, carved with a spiral symbol known as a koru. "Revolution."

:w:

• Upvote 6

OOC:

Sweet, looks like underground Resistance and guerrilla warfare and blockade runners and... and are you thinking what I'm thinking, comrades? ;)

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / En route to shipyards

After a minute or two of comfortable silence as they walked along, a question presented itself in Rhea's mind and she promptly voiced it. Zelvin was like that. Rhea didn't know quite what to think of her, or if she even really liked her or not, but she was certainly easy enough to talk to and be around.

"Zelvin? Do you know much about watercraft and naval tactics and what-not?"

IC: Zelvin (Forsi)

"I'm afraid not. We live on an island, so criminals don't have anywhere else to go, my skills developed accordingly" Zelvin replied in an easy, business-as-usual tone that she'd clearly used before.

"I have been on a ship a few times in my career, certainly, but not enough to let me boast of any measurable experience in the field"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Meck (Shipyard)

Meck sighed and continued to unload her cargo. Another day, another humdrum delivery of fruit, and another meager handful of widgets for her troubles. Still, she couldn't complain. Life was safe, boring, secure. Unfortunately, her job as a shore navigator meant life was always going to be that way. The most excitement she got was dodging timetable-ruining patrols. She was good at it, yes, but it was more from experience than skill.

Meck chewed on her shoot of bamboo as she continued to muse. Chances are she was missing out on something exciting happening on Ga-Koro. Something always happened while she was out of town. It was a rule or something. She had not picked up a new client yet, so Meck had some down time tonight. And thus, she was reclining against a stack of crates unloaded from her larger competitors, watching the crowds go by.

OOC: Meck open for interaction. Bonus points if you approach her about smuggling for the rebels.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

OOC:

Funkydude, which desert-village-with-a-shipyard would Meck be 'open for interaction' in? Ostia or Forsi? (Po-Koro itself was located well inland, last time I checked.)

If the latter, you might be in luck. :)

Rhea nodded thoughtfully and mentally filed the information, not bothering to waste her breath with a supportive 'well no harm done you'll learn fast' or even a 'don't worry i expected as much'.

Zelvin would learn fast and Rhea had expected it and there was no harm done, and they both knew it.

Instead she asked, "Ever been around a heavy disk launcher? Artillery class?"

IC Meck (Shipyard)

Meck grumbled as a well-to-do merchant passed up her small catamaran for one of those mighty schooners. This sort of thing was typical. She was used to feeding on scraps when it came to business.

OOC: Forsi, then!

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: He simply nodded, intrigued by the idea of an unfinished story if disturbed by it, then held out his fist for Rynekk to bump.

IC: Rynekk / The Fowadi

The Toa, glancing back to his comrade, hesitated for a moment as he regarded the fist; it was almost as though he were surprised by the show of friendship.

But as quickly as such uncertainty clouded his mind, it was dispatched with a warm smile and a reciprocal bump.

"You thinking about staying for a little while?" Rynekk asked lightly. "Four's cooking isn't something to be missed, after all."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Rhea nodded thoughtfully and mentally filed the information, not bothering to waste her breath with a supportive 'well no harm done you'll learn fast' or even a 'don't worry i expected as much'.

Zelvin would learn fast and Rhea had expected it and there was no harm done, and they both knew it.

Instead she asked, "Ever been around a heavy disk launcher? Artillery class?"

IC: Zelvin (Forsi)

"I've seen them, in action at that, but I haven't fired one myself"

Zelvin shifted into "observant" mode as they kept walking, using her voice only as much as she needed as she followed behind. Much more of her focus went towards not focusing. Just being natural, casual, paying attention to what was happening right now. Sometimes just being present was enough.

Besides, even she got tired of meticulously calculating her every move constantly.

IC: Talinka Quine

"The sun is harsh and blistering, how do you inhabitants handle this heat?"

IC: Farzan (Outside Workshop)

"I've actually tried inventing a good way of keeping the sun away on the go-"

I stopped when Vine grew an umbrella out of nowhere. That was convenient.

"Nevermind, I think we found it"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / shipyards

The younger bounty hunter nodded again and didn't say anything else.

- - -

After picking their way through a few sprawling streets packed with dusty stone warehouses, the duo emerged onto the battered, salt-encrusted boardwalk that wound its way along the waterfront shipyards of Forsi.

The port village ran a fairly steady trade with Ga-Koro to the west, and although it was still early- to mid-morning, there was quite a bit of activity along the docks. The shouts of roustabouts, harsh chatter of the gulls, and the underlying bone-shaking ebb and thud of the sea reverberated in the hot dry desert air and made a noise-- a clattering visceral pulse common to trade-fueled waterports everywhere.

It was a hard sound, but clear and brutally honest. Blood, sweat, saltspray and gold... just another ruthless song of life itself.

Rhea paused, glanced sharply about, noting and dismissing roughly nine-seven percent of everything around her. The last three percent--

She stopped dead and felt very quiet inside.

Ah, well done, Toa Akiru. Well done.

She smiled a little, green eyes flashing, and nodded wordlessly to southwards, drawing Zelvin's attention to the last vessel in line, berthed far down the docks and somewhat apart from the others-- her memories flared all at once, and she looked through their haze and remembered, only they were not memories any longer, but reality--

... The concept plans, carefully sketched in the same fashion as had been those for the steam engine, lay spread upon the table before them. The diagrammed vessel was not particularly large, nowhere near the size of heavy ocean-going sailing ships such as Captain Lohkar’s infamous Infernavika, but neither was it particularly small, and it outsized by a considerable margin the single-sail fishing boats so common in Ga-Wahi ...

Slight enough to dodge a punch... strong enough to pack one.

... It was built rugged yet sleek, with the rakish, high-bowed appearance found in vessels of war. Unencumbered by towering masts, its profile was low, unassuming, and compact; the bulk of the cabin and machinery was situated on and just slightly forward of the ship’s center, giving the craft a solid, powerful look ...

And it rode lazily at anchor in the fluxing tide, sunlight gleaming dully on its dark riveted hide, and there was a savage lurking devil in its stance. And Rhea Heartsflame leaned against a stack of crates and watched it for what seemed a mere instant but was quite a bit longer-- and something caught fire in her soul that hadn't been there before, and she felt that much stronger, that much more alive and whole.

"They did a nice job, Zelvin. She's a fighting machine, that one."

She laughed softly and was both awed and amused.

"Reminds me of me, actually."

From the arrogant lips of the brimstone princess, there could fall no higher praise.

OOC:

If anyone's interested... here's the quoted 'memory post' in its entirety-- 'Stats & Schematics'.

Also please note; I'll be gone for Thanksgiving festivities. So expect little if any activity from me during that time.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: "True," Gavarm murmured, letting out a small smile, "but we've bin gone longer 'n expect'd, ol' sport. See ya." He gave a last look to Rynekk before he turned to his men and raised his voice. "Saddle up! We're goin' home."

The Ussalmen were assembled before the boat in seconds, back at last to the traveling wedge pioneered by Seventh Squadron. "Sorry, Kale," Gavarm declined the invitation, saluting. "Ah'd love ta join y'all, it's just that someone's got ta watch out fer that blockhead Koro. Until next."

The formation spun and marched off.

OOC: Ussalry delegation on the Fowadi to Onu-Wahi.

Edited by Carson Chambliss

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.